Start by marking “The Abominable Snowman Doesn't Roast Marshmallows (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #50)” as Want to Read:

The Abominable Snowman Doesn't Roast Marshmallows (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids #50)

A funny and spooky new adventure in the best-selling and beloved series about a town where the grown-ups are more than a little weird.
There are some pretty weird grown-ups living in Bailey City. But could the frosty stranger in town for the Winter Carnival really be . . . the Abominable Snowman? The Bailey School kids are going to find out!
Mass Market Paperback, 96 pages
Published March 1st 2005 by Scholastic Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about The Abominable Snowman Doesn't Roast Marshmallows, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Abominable Snowman Doesn't Roast Marshmallows

Jun 15, 2012 Sarah rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a cute story that I read aloud to my fourth graders as it is listed as "4.0 Reading level" in the "Accelerated Reading" program. The characters are actually in third grade, so I think I'll read it to third next year. It is a simplistic story with some hanging plots at the end of each chapter that keep it moving forward as a read aloud. It is a good way to get students started on a series.
Kimberly
Sep 16, 2014 Kimberly rated it really liked it
The collection of "The adventures of the Bailey School Kids" stories are among my all-time favorite children's books. Witty, mischievous and fun, these short and silly books continue to bring giggles to the young and old. Just as I have enjoyed them as a kid, my own children also love them today. I even catch myself re-reading them (alone) from time to time. What can I say? I guess I'll always be a BSK kid at heart.
Bonnie
Apr 25, 2015 Bonnie rated it liked it
The first chapter book I've read aloud with Gavin.
He liked it. There was just enough mystery to keep him going.
Liza, Melody, Eddie and Howie have a friendship clicks. Melody seems to have an over active imagination, but her friends go along with her ideas...just incase there is an Abominable Snowman in Bailey City.
Catherine Woodman
Jul 29, 2011 Catherine Woodman rated it liked it
The Bailey School Kids is a best-selling children's book series by Marcia Thornton Jones and Debbie Dadey. Its main characters are a group of four children (Eddie, Howie, Liza, Melody) who suspect some persons in the stories are popular folk lore or fairy tale characters. They are appealing because they mix a familiar story in with this group of kids. Mid-grammar school
Chelsea Oaks
Jan 03, 2016 Chelsea Oaks rated it liked it
My 6 year old daughter liked this book. She enjoyed the characters and there were times she laughed out loud. It is one of the books that adults don't mind reading to kids, but isn't one that adults love either (hence the 3 stars instead of more )
Molly
Nov 11, 2012 Molly added it
A silly series that creates more questions than it answers. It's great for formulating theories as well as predictions. The class dynamics should be very familiar to those of the Magic School Bus generation.
Joan
Jan 04, 2011 Joan rated it liked it
Shelves: children
Cute mystery about four friends who thy to uncover the true identity of a mysterious stranger in town. Needless to say, their imaginations run wild. This is the first I have read in the series. It doesn't seem like you need to read in order.
Deborah Harris
Accelerated Reader Quiz Type Information AR Quiz Types: RP, VP
Twyla
Mar 13, 2011 Twyla rated it it was amazing
Shelves: auryn-s-books
Eddie Liza Melody & Howie found an abominable snowman .they thought he was going to reck the parade but he didn't.

Auryn 7yo
Shelly
Shelly rated it it was amazing
Dec 07, 2007
Chau
Chau rated it it was amazing
Aug 20, 2015
Ashley
Ashley rated it liked it
May 27, 2013
Weezie
Weezie rated it it was amazing
Sep 06, 2012
Kieran
Kieran rated it it was ok
Jul 19, 2013
Kirsten
Jul 16, 2015 Kirsten rated it it was ok
Shelves: childrens
Another adventure with the Bailey School kids. This one had some sort of closure, so that was nice.
Anya
Anya rated it really liked it
Apr 10, 2015
Kara
Kara rated it really liked it
Nov 15, 2014
Winnie
Winnie rated it liked it
Nov 04, 2012
Kalea Chamberlain
Kalea Chamberlain rated it really liked it
Dec 20, 2015
Shaylee Johnsen
Shaylee Johnsen rated it it was ok
Oct 12, 2016
Kaila
Kaila rated it it was amazing
May 11, 2015
Mauli Delaney
Mauli Delaney rated it it was amazing
Aug 26, 2012
Shyanne
Shyanne rated it it was amazing
Jun 19, 2009
Kimberly
Kimberly rated it really liked it
Oct 24, 2011
Nicole
Nicole rated it it was amazing
Aug 19, 2015
Ashley (yAdult Review)
Ashley (yAdult Review) rated it really liked it
Nov 03, 2012
Amela
Amela rated it really liked it
Jun 15, 2012
Marily
Marily rated it really liked it
Aug 26, 2016
Nicole  Hudgens
Nicole Hudgens rated it it was amazing
Feb 25, 2016
  • The Case of the Mummy Mystery (Jigsaw Jones, #6)
  • Horrible Harry on the Ropes
  • The Mystery of the Stolen Corn Popper
  • Trapped on the D.C. Train! (Capital Mysteries, #13)
  • Case of the Sneaky Snowman (Nancy Drew and the Clue Crew, #5)
  • Nate the Great and the Mushy Valentine
  • Ice Planet Adventure (Geronimo Stilton Spacemice, #3)
  • Splashdown in Cerulean City (Pokemon Chapter Book, #7)
  • Cody (The Puppy Place, #13)
  • The Animal Shelter Mystery (The Boxcar Children, #22)
  • Stanley's Christmas Adventure (Flat Stanley, #5)
  • Karen's Kite (Baby-Sitters Little Sister, #47)
  • Many Luscious Lollipops: A Book About Adjectives
  • Star Wars: I Want to Be a Jedi (DK Readers: Level 3)
Debbie Dadey is the author and co-author of 162 books for children, including the Mermaid Tales series from Simon and Schuster and the beloved Adventures of The Bailey School Kids from Scholastic. Ms. Dadey is a former teacher and librarian. Please like her at Facebook.com/debbiedadey.
More about Debbie Dadey...

The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids (1 - 10 of 51 books)
  • Vampires Don't Wear Polka Dots (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #1)
  • Werewolves Don't Go to Summer Camp (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #2)
  • Santa Claus Doesn't Mop Floors (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #3)
  • Leprechauns Don't Play Basketball (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #4)
  • Ghosts Don't Eat Potato Chips (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #5)
  • Frankenstein Doesn't Plant Petunias (The Adventures Of The Bailey School Kids, #6)
  • Aliens Don't Wear Braces (Bailey School Kids #7)
  • Genies Don't Ride Bicycles (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #8)
  • Pirates Don't Wear Pink Sunglasses (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #9)
  • Witches Don't Do Backflips (The Adventures of the Bailey School Kids, #10)