Sailing to Capri

Sailing to Capri

3.48 of 5 stars 3.48  ·  rating details  ·  882 ratings  ·  110 reviews
New York Times bestselling author Elizabeth Adler invites you on a decadent Mediterranean cruise--where nothing is what it seems, no one is telling the truth, and murder is on the agenda…

When English tycoon Sir Robert Waldo Hardwick dies mysteriously in a car accident, he leaves behind a note naming six people he suspects might have wanted him dead. Daisy Kean, and P.I. Ha...more
Published May 29th 2007 by St. Martin's Griffin (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Sailing to Capri, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sailing to Capri

Susana
Fifth book that i've read by this author, and my last. The story is completely implausible. If you were rich like Croesus, and you suspected that someone was trying to kill you, what would you do?
A) Hire appropriate security ( since you're so smart that you're almost certain of whom is going to kill you).

B) Leave a letter to your female assistant describing a small number of persons amongst which is the assassin, and leave it to her _ yes, she does have help. If she didn't, where would be the ro...more
εlﻨբ ツ
Robert birinin kendisini öldüreceğinden şüphelenir. Bu nedenle de -ne yazık ki- ölmeden önce vasiyetini hazırlar.Kızı gibi sevdiği Daisy’den vasiyetini gerçekleştirmesini ister. Bu vasiyette Robert'in muhtemel katillerinin bir listesi yer almaktadır.Daisy ve Dedektif Harry katili bulmak için işe koyulurlar. Şüphelilerle birlikte Capri Adası’nda son bulacak mavi yolculuğa çıkarlar. Tabi bu da Robert'in planladığı bir yolculuktur. Sonunda katil çıkıyor ortaya ama 'Hadi yaa! Katil bu muymuş?' dedim...more
John Mcconahey
Sailing to Capri by Elizabeth Adler

A great book for romantic right-brained types, Adler leads us through a mystery that leaves left-brainers doubtful.

Daisy Keane’s husband has dumped her for a 20-year old. Now depressed, divorced, and nearly broke, she moves to London for a change of pace. With her funds nearly dissipated, she meets a big, ugly, super-rich knight who hires her as a personal assistant. Fast-forward five years. Sir Employer is now dead, killed in and auto accident. Conveniently he...more
Lynda
Nov 13, 2008 Lynda rated it 1 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: No one unless they like cheesy novels
Recommended to Lynda by: Book Club read
This was one of the most tedious books I have ever read. It was like a Harlequin Romance. Very predictable, boring, the main character was very annoying. It just did not ring true. Plus my biggest peeve with it were the mistakes. One of the first ones I noticed was when the author mentioned a "Buick Monte Carlo! Hello, my Mom drove a Monte Carlo in the 70's and it was made by Chevrolet! This was such a stupid error. It is also obvious the author lives in Palm Springs, CA when she writes about cr...more
Jen
I gave this four stars because it kept my attention enough for me to keep trying to sneak away to read it. As other reviewers have said, it's a light read. It is definitely *not* a mystery - I wouldn't put it in that category as that was so relegated to the background that it barely counts. But I did like the lead characters and I liked their interactions. The problem is that it wasn't really a romance either, so if you're looking for that, this might not be enough. On the other hand, like I sai...more
Sari
This is a entertaining who-done-it mystery, perfect for a summer read. I rated it highly because of the wonderful mix of characters, nearly all who are suspects in the murder of wealthy Sir Robert Hardwick.

Bob, as he is better known, anticipates that he will be killed and arranges that all the suspects will be invited on a cruise after his death. On that cruise, the murderer will be revealed. All the suspects have plausible motives, but this well-crafted story keeps the reader guessing througho...more
Tempo de Ler
Antes de morrer misteriosamente, Sir Robert Hardwick escreveu uma carta onde nomeava de antemão seis possíveis suspeitos para o caso do pior vir mesmo a acontecer. Além desta lista, Daisy Keane, a sua secretária pessoal, e Harry Montana, investigador contratado, recebem também instruções para embarcar num fantástico cruzeiro pelo Mediterrâneo com os suspeitos, com o objectivo de descobrir o assassino.

No geral gostei bastante de Viagem a Capri e, até agora, é o meu preferido da autora. A verdade...more
Kristen
Loved the locations the story was set in (Italy, France, England), but the plot was worthless. A rich man is murdered and he wants his personal assistant to find out who did it by getting all the suspects aboard a private yacht. Dumb.
Elphaba J
Para quem nunca leu Elizabeth Adler, como eu, não poderia ter encontrado melhor âncora para aproar-se às suas histórias. Estou completamente arrebata por uma viagem inesquecível...
Sheryl
Fun brain bubblegum. A romance mystery. Not my favorite genre but I enjoyed another book by Elizabeth Adler. These are good lite reading for vacation or a plane.
Tessa
This is one of the worst books I have read in a long time! The characters are poorly developed, and I didn't care a bit about who killed whom...or not...
Teresa

I listened to this book on my iPod and can recommend it to anyone who needs a soporific.
Clarinda

Este livro conta-nos a história de um assassino, no qual a vítima, Sir Robert, sabe que vai ser assassinada e deixa, como último desejo, que o seu assassino seja encontrado e punido. Tendo como base, escolhas, segundas oportunidades, amizades fiéis e amor de uns e ganância de outros, a vítima consegue que o seu assassino se revele e que todos fiquem em paz.
Este trama passa-se num cruzeiro de sonho, fantástico, com destino a Capri, não deixando de contar com uma linda história de amor de permeio....more
Filipa
como visto aqui

Daisy Keane teve um passado que não gosta de recordar. Estava na mó de baixo quando conheceu Bob Hardwick. O marido tinha-a deixado por uma loira, sensual e bem mais nova que ela. Com ele tinha-lhe levado tudo: o carro, a casa e os poucos pertences que tinha. Agora está praticamente na penúria, com apenas 500 dólares na conta bancária. Começa a entrar em desespero, mas Bob Hardwick, que já passou por tempos difíceis e sabe o que é ser pobre, salva-a. Por isso mesmo, acaba por empr...more
Linda
Down-on-her-luck Chicagoan Daisy Keane is trying to reinvent herself after her husband walked out on her to be with a twenty-something blonde. Daisy moves to London and attends a party where she meets an older gentleman, Sir Robert Hardwick at a party. Hardwick, an English business tycoon worth billions, is an ogre of a man in looks, but has a kind and loving heart. He takes Daisy under his wing and offers her a job as his personal assistant, with no ulterior motives involved. Daisy soon becomes...more
Maria
Apesar de ter na estante Casamento em Veneza e Lua-de-Mel em Paris, decidi iniciar-me na leitura dos livros de Elizabeth Adler com este Viagem a Capri, um livro que junta romance e mistério.

A morte num acidente de viação de Robert Hardwick, um dos homens mais ricos do mundo, causa suspeitas no dectetive privado Harry Montana, anteriormente contactado pelo magnata inglês para investigar os seus ex-amigos por suspeitar de que alguns deles poderia estar a preparar o seu assassinato. De facto, Bob,...more
Ana Fernandes
Um magnata antevendo a sua morte, decide reunir todos os possíveis suspeitos da sua morte num cruzeiro até Capri.

Todos parecem suspeitos e no final o assassino é aquele que menos esperamos.

Gostei da história e a ideia está original.
E como tive a sorte do ano passado estar nesta ilha de Capri ainda mais me deliciei com as descrições que são feitas desta ilha.
Ada Iaboni
Although the character that drives the story is kind of too good to be true, it was an interesting concept and a good story. It kept me guessing to the end, and it was resolved with the minimum of disruption to the main cast of characters. Most of them "got it" which made them better people.
Nicely done and worth reading.
Paula Hatch
I thoroughly enjoyed this mystery! A billionaire is killed in a car crash and his personal assistant and head of security do not believe it to be an accident. All suspects are invited on a cruise in order to find out more about them and their possible motives. Well written.
Tania Martins
Foi difícil engrenar neste livro mas acho que depois daquele inicio e da tão afamada viagem de barco começar e todo o mistério inerente a morte de Bob acho que foi aí que me começou a interessar mais, gostei do romance levezinho como sempre que a autora criou de Daisy e de Montana e do facto de juntarem num barco todos os suspeitos da morte de Bob que vamos conhecendo ao longo do livro e das vidas poblemáticas de cada um deles.

Os cenários são deslumbrantes como sempre nesta autora, nisso nunca d...more
Sanna
En inhonnut, mutta aikamoista höttöähän tämä oli...

Koko juoniasetelma oli jo lähtökohdiltaan niin epäuskottava, että tätä kirjaa piti oikeastaan lukea saippuaoopperamaisena esityksenä luksuselämän ihanuudesta. Ja tiheät kuvaukset upeista puitteista ja Michelin-ravintoloiden pöperöistä yms toki viihdyttivät ilmeiseen kohderyhmään (kotiäiti, oman elämän hohdokkaat hetket vähissä) kuuluvaa lukijaa. Romanttiikka oli kökköä ja päähenkilö naiviudessaan masentava. Murhaaja ei oikeastaan missään vaihees...more
Erin
This book started off good..fast and breezy writing, but I didn't like the whiny uptight main character and when one of the suspects turned out to be an immigration lawyer, I got really angry at the author's 1940's description of the life of illegals which is completely out of tune with how they have actually taken over the country in modern world. Sympathetic descriptions of these people make me see red. I had to immediately close this book and put it away.
Pam
Sailing to Capri by Elizabeth Adler
RATING: 4.5/B+
GENRE/PUB DATE/# OF PGS: Fiction, 2006, 371 pgs
TIME/PLACE: Present: Yorkshire, UK & Capri
CHARACTErS: Daisy/personal asst to Bob Hardwick/billionaire businessman
COMMENTS: Bob dies suddenly in an accident. Harry Montana, PI & Daisy invite 6 of Bob's "friends" on a cruise for the reading of the will. There's a strong possibility that one of them was responsible for the accident.
Sara
If it weren't for the occasional sex scene, I would call this a cozy mystery. It was very reminiscent of the old Agatha Christie stories where all the suspects are gathered together before the bad guy is unveiled. Of course, the dead guy was titled and extremely wealthy, so we get to tag along on a private cruise of the Mediterranean while tension builds. A nice, light read.
Christiana
lots of drivel so far, but I like to go to the library and just grab the 1st book that catches my eye and read it. That method has shown me some wonderful books.

Unfortunately this time was not one of those times.

Cheesy and with a protagonist you wanted to smack. It was also obvious who the murderer was ... this will be the last time I read this author!
Bernarda
This book was about solving the mystery surrounding Sir Robert Hardwick's murder.The task was left to his personal assistant. This book reminded me of Clue:but on a boat, with a romance with the P.I., and a surprise ending! Sure it's not realistic, This kind of thing only happens in books and board games, but it was entertaining, so I liked it!
Joana Almeida
não sei porquê, mas não me consigo identificar com os livros desta autora
Heather
I loved the murder mystery plot with a love story. The love story wasn't really all deep, it kind of just happened. There was no drawn out mushy stuff which was nice. I liked it that way because it didn't take away from the murder mystery story line. It was fasted paced and the characters where realistic from the start.
Judy
This is a fun book to read, a one day type.
Wealthy English man dies and after he dies invites friends, via PI/lawyers, on a cruise to Capri where all will be revealed. A little romance; exotic locales; beautiful people and clothes. Sort of a Agatha Christie feel, with "I've called you all here today..."
A very gripping and interesting book 1 3 Nov 10, 2013 08:27AM
  • The Villa in Italy
  • Baunilha e Chocolate
  • Port Of Paradise
  • The Brothers of Baker Street: A Mystery
  • Land of Echoes (Cree Black, #2)
  • Water, Stone, Heart
  • Finding Home
  • Deadline
  • The Love Talker
  • PaperQuake: A Puzzle
  • Daughter of the Ganges: A Memoir
  • Forgive And Forget
  • Homecoming
  • Walking in Fire (Hawaiian Heroes, #1)
  • Married to a Stranger
  • Our Last Best Chance: The Pursuit of Peace in a Time of Peril
  • The Dangers of Proximal Alphabets
  • In Search of an Impotent Man
203833
Born in Yorkshire, North England, Elizabeth Adler met her husband Richard (an American) while both were working in London. They have lived in England, Ireland, France, Brazil, and the United States and have traveled extensively. They have one daughter and live in Palm Springs, California. Her first novel, Private Desires (also titled Leonie), launched an enormously successful writing career, she a...more
More about Elizabeth Adler...
Summer in Tuscany Please Don't Tell Fortune is a Woman The House in Amalfi Meet Me in Venice

“Compreendi por fim que o amor causa muito sofrimento quando acontecem coisas más. E foi por causa dele que comecei a entender que podem também advir coisas boas do amor.” 2 likes