Start by marking “Berserk, tome 02” as Want to Read:
Berserk, tome 02

Berserk, tome 02 (Berserk #2)

4.38  ·  Rating Details  ·  2,202 Ratings  ·  30 Reviews
Guts, le guerrier noir, promène son imposante silhouette de routes en villages. Sur son passage, les cadavres s'amoncellent et il laisse derrière lui des torrents de sang. Le corps vêtu de noir, il porte sur son dos une épée aussi haute qu'un homme. Sur son cou, une marque mystérieuse le condamne à être poursuivi jour et nuit par des démons. Puck, l'elfe facétieux, croise ...more
Published October 2004 by Éditions Glénat (first published March 3rd 1991)

To ask other readers questions about Berserk, tome 02, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Berserk, tome 02

Anna Hakopian
Next volumes are finally the Golden Age Arc!

For non-manga readers, here is some information about reading manga
They usually have one huge plot but different story lines usually leading up to it. They are usually short like one volume at a time. They are called arcs.
The one I am referring to it is what they adapted into an anime and film series.
Emma
May 05, 2015 Emma rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Guts discovers the Count's true identity. Puck is given as a gift to a mysterious girl locked away in a tower.

I'm surprised by how much I enjoy Berserk. It lacks that slapstick stupidity I dislike so much in later manga. I'm not a big art person normally, but I love the art in Berserk.
Steve Magay
Unlike the series and the OVA, the story is kinda slow, but readable since I wanna find out some of the story arcs the animation missed out. Though the pace is slow, the action in the pages compensates for it. The panel details and layout are terrific. The degree of violence still remains shocking. Now I'm starting to understand the original story was meant to be a fantasy. I'm glad they took that off from the animation and made it more subtle.
Federiken Masters
Mar 13, 2011 Federiken Masters rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Los mismos que al #1
Recommended to Federiken by: El #1
Mantiene el nivel del #1 y por momentos hasta lo supera, pero queda con el mismo puntaje porque taaaarda en avanzar la historia y ni siquiera está la saga completa (de hecho, termina en el #4 recién). La edición es parecida a la del tomo anterior pero con menos pifiadas. Ahora me termino el 3 que quiero saber qué cuernos pasa con la hija del Conde.
seak
Oct 05, 2011 seak rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011
First, see my review for vol. 1.

Next, yeah, pretty much more of that. Vol. 2 picks up after the cliffhanger of the first and leaves off at another cliffhanger but with the same bad dude continuing through this entire volume and into the next.
Nico
Nov 23, 2015 Nico rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Despite hearing lots of people rave about how excellent the art is in Berserk, I've yet to be impressed. So far, everything about Berserk seems pretty standard of manga in general.

Speaking of, like most manga, this one is really hard to read because of the art. Actions are unclear and it's difficult to follow along. There's so much emphasis on filling the page that impedes the ability to tell a story.

Maybe because it's been years since I've read manga and I've gotten used to the way Western com
Jo Ladzinski
Aug 10, 2015 Jo Ladzinski rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
I thought I would get easily annoyed by Puck, but his role in explaining the world of Berserk is so important. He provides a nice distraction from the unsettling horror that Guts fights in order to help the reader get a more human perspective. The exploration of the behelits is getting more and more interesting and it still really feels like I'm experiencing this epic work for the first time.
MissAnnThrope
12 March 2013

Berserk, Vol. 2 picks up right from the end of the first volume where Guts discovers a Behelit in Vargas' possession. This strange multi-faceted object's connection with the Five Members of the Godhand is surely to bring more demonic doom in the next few volumes. It certainly has brought plenty of destruction already in the form of the porcine Count.

This volume is full of bloody violence as Guts annihilates the demons with the ever-devoted Puck by his side. There is one heartbreakin
Juan Navarro
Dec 31, 2015 Juan Navarro rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Read all this volume in one go. Amazing hearing that Berserk is still going. Miura-sensei keep those volumes coming!
Lyra
Apr 24, 2015 Lyra rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I don't know if I'll continue reading the series. The main character is so unlikeable it's off putting.
Bader
Aug 26, 2014 Bader rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My bad, I didn't get the 3rd volume with me and "to be continued" just hit me hard this time.
Omar Alhashimi
Not alot happened during this one, but I'll wait on it and continue.
Carolina
Jan 04, 2015 Carolina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mangá
Berserk ficando a cada número cada vez mais pesado....que história densa. E que arte!
Antonio
Oct 03, 2014 Antonio rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Me sorprende como Miura va evolucionando, capitulo tras capitulo.
Maya
Apr 08, 2015 Maya rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The highly detailed fight scenes are hard to decipher.
Ricardo EMG
Killer!
Matimate
Mar 09, 2013 Matimate rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga, 2013
The good old manga was picked up for the season. The blood is flowing, the carnage was almost on every second page as Guts, the black swordsman, made his way trough the country. He saved little Elf named Puck, who became his unwanted but devoted companion and one would say he was making Guts remembering that there is something more then gutting random people, monsters and accidentally some little girls.
Darryl Knickrehm
Aug 19, 2012 Darryl Knickrehm rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This Miura has his fascination with morbidity. But it does present some not-often seen material. The artwork still isn't consistent. Some things are just drawn plain badly. Other frames however are really good. Puck is drawn especially well, bringing some humor to all this darkness. But I can see the ideas here developing into an interesting story (the brand, the 5 men of the apocalypse).
Nicolas
Nov 22, 2011 Nicolas rated it it was ok
Oulala, que de violence !
Ici, Guts combat un baron qui est possédé par un démon, et quelques soldats hors du commun par leurs dimensions.
Heureusement, avec son épée digne de Stormbringer, il les découpe tous plus ou moins en tranche.
Bref, c'est ridicule, c'est hyper-violent, c'est grotesquement surfait, mais je trouve ce truc très distrayant.
Bernardo
Dec 05, 2013 Bernardo rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves:
Honestamente lo leí volando, casi como un trámite. La trama tarda demasiado en desarrollarse, y por muy geniales que sean las escenas de batalla y Gatts dando estocadas con su monstruosa espada, su repetitividad se torna tediosa. Aún así continúo porque tengo entendido que este manga se crece muchísimo a medida que se avanza en la historia.
Alexander Case
Aug 14, 2012 Alexander Case rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: anime-manga, fantasy
Here the manga gets a little more serialized, and drops the "Demon Of The Chapter" aspect of the story. For that matter, it also fleshes out the characters a little more - so while the villain of this volume, The Count, is certainly monstrous, he does have his humanizing elements.
Daken Howlett
Apr 14, 2015 Daken Howlett rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Secondo scontro con gli apostoli della mano di Dio,si scoprono ulteriori dettagli sul passato di Gatsu e sul mondo di Berserk.
Numero interlocutorio,quasi alla fine del ciclo "il guerriero nero".
Nicholas
Series review at: Berserk, Vol. 1
Anirudh
May 21, 2014 Anirudh rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A surprisingly captivating manga. Although I have not completed reading all the volumes I still loved the world building in this.
Sakacaca
Dec 12, 2013 Sakacaca rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
excelente. Lo que más me gustó es que es un volumen lleno de peleas hasta el cansancio.
Stephen
Aug 11, 2015 Stephen rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, comics
kentaro miura is good at drawing big monsters and that's pretty much it
Morbus Iff
Dec 12, 2011 Morbus Iff rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga
Wasn't bad, but got a little tired of the constant body morphing near the end.
Clark Coston
OK, it's starting to get a little better...
  • Gantz /10
  • Battle Royale, Vol. 05 (Battle Royale, #5)
  • Claymore, Vol. 4: Marked for the Death (Claymore, #4)
  • Elfen Lied Vol. 6
  • Deadman Wonderland Volume 10 (Deadman Wonderland, #10)
Kentarou Miura (三浦 建太郎) was born in Chiba City, Chiba Prefecture, Japan, in 1966. He is left-handed. In 1976, at the early age of 10, Miura made his first Manga, entitled "Miuranger", that was published for his classmates in a school publication; the manga ended up spanning 40 volumes. In 1977, Miura created his second manga called Ken e no michi (剣への道 The Way to the Sword), using Indian ink for t ...more
More about Kentaro Miura...

Berserk (1 - 10 of 37 books)
  • Berserk, Vol. 1