Start by marking “The Worst Loss: How Families Heal from the Death of a Child” as Want to Read:
The Worst Loss: How Families Heal from the Death of a Child

The Worst Loss: How Families Heal from the Death of a Child

4.0 of 5 stars 4.00  ·  rating details  ·  60 ratings  ·  5 reviews
The death of a child is like no other loss. The Worst Loss will help families who have experienced this to know what they are facing, understand what they are feeling, and appreciate their own needs and timetables.
Published October 15th 1995 by Holt Paperbacks (first published October 1994)

To ask other readers questions about The Worst Loss, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Worst Loss

Judith van Praag
This is one of the books that brought solace during period of grief and mourning after my baby had died at birth in 1993 and the following four miscarriages. There's nothing like recognition of what you've gone through/ are going through yourself... People in mourning can use all the help they can get. Parents who have lost an infant benefit from books that acknowledge their loss as substantial.
Julie Lawrence
Very good book on parental grief. It has many helpful suggestions, plus it helped me realize that what I am feeling is normal in this situation.
Mary Woods
Jan 24, 2008 Mary Woods rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: any grieving parent
Best book on parental grieving that I have found. Goes beyond the basic 5 stages.
Sue
Grieving is hard work - unavoidable. For parents: take care of yourself, give yourself time, reach out to others. Timetable varies but generally will take four years before life feels like it is on track. Meaningful references: impact on family as a whole, parents, siblings (based on age), rough timetable, tasks to work through while grieving, specific chapters dealing with various types of death (stillbirths/infant deaths, terminal illness, accidents, murders, suicides).
Bridgette Mongeon
I work with grief a lot as I am a sculptor who creates memorial for cemeteries and prayer gardens. Often they are of children. I would recommend this book to any of my clients and would highly recommend it as reading for anyone who is in grief or knows someone who is going through this.
Billie Turknett
Billie Turknett is currently reading it
Apr 14, 2015
David
David is currently reading it
Mar 12, 2015
Rebecca
Rebecca marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2015
Tammy
Tammy marked it as to-read
Feb 05, 2015
Chana
Chana marked it as to-read
Dec 28, 2014
Rosemarie Smith
Rosemarie Smith marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2014
Robyn Reynolds
Robyn Reynolds marked it as to-read
Nov 09, 2014
Cheryl
Cheryl marked it as to-read
Aug 09, 2014
Michelle Smith- roberts
Michelle Smith- roberts marked it as to-read
Jun 11, 2014
Lori
Lori is currently reading it
Apr 17, 2014
Sara Weihe
Sara Weihe marked it as to-read
Jan 18, 2014