Start by marking “The Lily and the Rose” as Want to Read:
The Lily and the Rose

The Lily and the Rose

Christophe wants nothing more than to be a simple country priest. When he refuses to sleep with a corrupt Cardinal, he's forced to work in the same manor as the man who almost tempted him away from the cloth when they were younger. Alain was Christophe's true love, but Christophe chose to join the priesthood rather than be with him. Alain bitterly remembers Christophe's re ...more
Paperback, 1st Edition, 152 pages
Published October 2nd 2007 by Yaoi Press

To ask other readers questions about The Lily and the Rose, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Lily and the Rose

Dorian de Jandreau
Feb 22, 2015 Dorian de Jandreau rated it it was amazing
I was in love with art of these artists long time ago. I dreamed to have some of their mangas...and here it is... in my hands and I so much enjoyed reading this story. LOVE IT. Hope to get some other mangas of these authors in future. Talented authors, very sexy story and such happy ending. :)
Sandra
Mar 01, 2016 Sandra rated it it was amazing
Christophe Laurent, a young male wants to become a priest just like Father Colbert, but his dear friend Alain Mauriac is daunted by this as he has other ideas for him if he is to be a part of his life. Lazing on a summer's day, they each talk about what they will do when they finally mature, but all is not what it seems even to these young men. When he asks Alain what he wants to do when he grows up, he says he wants to find the one who killed his mother and kill him in the same manner.

Move forw
Akita Alvarez
Dec 09, 2016 Akita Alvarez rated it really liked it
Tam
Jan 24, 2011 Tam rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m, yaoi
Alain and Christophe are fellow students in a monastery. When they are caught fooling around Alain is ready to leave, but Christophe wants to be a priest so stays behind breaking Alain's heart. Years later they run into each other and Alain is seeking information on the man who murdered his mother and has been promised the identity of the man if he compromises Christophe so the Cardinal can blackmail Christophe into a relationship. Both men make sacrifices to "save" the other and the heartless m ...more
S.L.
Aug 19, 2011 S.L. rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m-romance, manga
I was very excited to receive this book, as I've enjoyed Dany & Dany's artwork for quite some time. And, in this book, the artwork *is* stunning. The story itself leaves a little to be desired. It's muddled, not quite as tight as I think it could have been, and the ending was a rather weak, quick happily-ever-after for the pair contained in the tale.

I was able to read it within the course of about an hour while multitasking with work. This is quite telling for me, as I was able to retain the
Rene
Jan 15, 2009 Rene rated it liked it
This is the first Dany & Dany book I read. It was fascinating to read a story about 2 gay characters. I enjoyed that the story was set in the past (I think it was the French Revolution??) but there was really no huge plot to read and since I'm not the world's biggest Manga fan it was hard to follow the drawings in a coherent way. I went back and read it again but it wasn't any better the second time. Very explicit drawings here (as in all Dany & Dany books).
Alan Tron
May 19, 2016 Alan Tron rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga-owned, for-sale
Pretty good story that keeps you on the edge of your seat wondering what the pro-antagonists are going to do and if the antagonists are going to get away with their misdeeds. I liked that it was more than the usual "I love you" confession type of story. It actually had other motivations for the characters and a background story behind the romance. The artwork is also good, if a bit different.
Bridgette
Jul 26, 2014 Bridgette rated it it was amazing
This was a delightful discovery that played on every kink I have. The artwork made me jealous that I couldn't draw that way, and the story was simply fun. Pure fun. A nice break from life and worries.
Shaundra
Apr 04, 2013 Shaundra rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
Still the best since last I read it!!
Tamela
Beautiful graphics and a wonderful story. Dany Dany is now one of my fav graphic artists.
Tracy's Place
3.5 out of 5
Sara
Jan 31, 2012 Sara rated it really liked it
kindle edition.
Dany & Dany titles were harder than hell to find in print, so I was thrilled to find a few available on amazon.
Historical drama, pretty boys and court intrigue.
Kleio
Feb 01, 2011 Kleio rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
Krásná kresba, velmi hezký vztah, trošku ovšem absentuju příběh a dobové zasazení mi maličko nahánělo husí kůži. Nicméně Alain i Christopher byli naprosto k sežrání!
Lyri
Jan 14, 2013 Lyri rated it it was ok
2.5

The finish is noting fantastic,insipid and too easy for me.
Heather♥
Jan 03, 2015 Heather♥ rated it liked it
Tonnie Johnson
Tonnie Johnson rated it it was amazing
Apr 13, 2011
Michael
Michael rated it really liked it
Jun 14, 2017
Markie
Markie rated it it was amazing
May 20, 2016
Melissa Frye
Melissa Frye rated it it was amazing
May 13, 2014
April
April rated it really liked it
Sep 28, 2016
Sarah rated it liked it
May 25, 2009
Kewaun
Kewaun rated it it was amazing
Dec 05, 2013
Liz
Liz rated it liked it
Jan 02, 2015
Anna
Anna rated it it was amazing
Mar 06, 2013
Jadler
Jadler rated it liked it
Jan 13, 2012
Lizbeth Gabriel
Lizbeth Gabriel rated it it was amazing
May 30, 2015
Monika
Monika rated it liked it
Apr 06, 2016
Rossy
Rossy rated it liked it
Jul 16, 2010
Tema
Tema rated it it was amazing
Feb 05, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »
DANY&DANY (Daniela Orrù and Daniela Serri) are an Italian comic creators studio, active since 2002. Their books are published in Italy, United States and Germany. They also work as freelance illustrators and manga teachers.

Facebook
More about Dany and Dany...