Start by marking “The Lily and the Rose” as Want to Read:
The Lily and the Rose

The Lily and the Rose

3.77 of 5 stars 3.77  ·  rating details  ·  81 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Christophe wants nothing more than to be a simple country priest. When he refuses to sleep with a corrupt Cardinal, he's forced to work in the same manor as the man who almost tempted him away from the cloth when they were younger. Alain was Christophe's true love, but Christophe chose to join the priesthood rather than be with him. Alain bitterly remembers Christophe's re ...more
Paperback, 1st Edition, 152 pages
Published October 2nd 2007 by Yaoi Press

To ask other readers questions about The Lily and the Rose, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Lily and the Rose

Tam
Jan 24, 2011 Tam rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: m-m, yaoi
Alain and Christophe are fellow students in a monastery. When they are caught fooling around Alain is ready to leave, but Christophe wants to be a priest so stays behind breaking Alain's heart. Years later they run into each other and Alain is seeking information on the man who murdered his mother and has been promised the identity of the man if he compromises Christophe so the Cardinal can blackmail Christophe into a relationship. Both men make sacrifices to "save" the other and the heartless m ...more
Teri
I've been following Dany & Dany since their fanart days for years, and now I'm pleased to own their first title published just for the US.

"The Lily and the Rose" is a fine story and beautifully illustrated. The main characters have real depth, and I love the way their stories intertwine. I felt the ending was a little rushed, and while the illustrations of the characters are gorgeous, there was a bit too much "cut and paste" background stuff for my tastes, and I found it a bit distracting in
Doriane
I was in love with art of these artists long time ago. I dreamed to have some of their mangas...and here it is... in my hands and I so much enjoyed reading this story. LOVE IT. Hope to get some other mangas of these authors in future. Talented authors, very sexy story and such happy ending. :)
S.L.
I was very excited to receive this book, as I've enjoyed Dany & Dany's artwork for quite some time. And, in this book, the artwork *is* stunning. The story itself leaves a little to be desired. It's muddled, not quite as tight as I think it could have been, and the ending was a rather weak, quick happily-ever-after for the pair contained in the tale.

I was able to read it within the course of about an hour while multitasking with work. This is quite telling for me, as I was able to retain the
Rene
This is the first Dany & Dany book I read. It was fascinating to read a story about 2 gay characters. I enjoyed that the story was set in the past (I think it was the French Revolution??) but there was really no huge plot to read and since I'm not the world's biggest Manga fan it was hard to follow the drawings in a coherent way. I went back and read it again but it wasn't any better the second time. Very explicit drawings here (as in all Dany & Dany books).
Bridgette
This was a delightful discovery that played on every kink I have. The artwork made me jealous that I couldn't draw that way, and the story was simply fun. Pure fun. A nice break from life and worries.
Sara
kindle edition.
Dany & Dany titles were harder than hell to find in print, so I was thrilled to find a few available on amazon.
Historical drama, pretty boys and court intrigue.
Kleio
Feb 01, 2011 Kleio rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: manga
Krásná kresba, velmi hezký vztah, trošku ovšem absentuju příběh a dobové zasazení mi maličko nahánělo husí kůži. Nicméně Alain i Christopher byli naprosto k sežrání!
Tamela
Beautiful graphics and a wonderful story. Dany Dany is now one of my fav graphic artists.
Lyri
2.5

The finish is noting fantastic,insipid and too easy for me.
Shaundra
Still the best since last I read it!!
Sara
Sara marked it as to-read
Mar 14, 2015
Diana
Diana marked it as to-read
Feb 15, 2015
Tieynaha
Tieynaha marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2014
Jennie
Jennie added it
Sep 08, 2014
Vernesha Jackson
Vernesha Jackson marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
DANY&DANY (Daniela Orrù and Daniela Serri) are an Italian comic creators studio, active since 2002. Their books are published in Italy, United States and Germany. They also work as freelance illustrators and manga teachers.

Facebook
More about Daniela Orrù...
Anima Wishing for the Moon IDOL (Yaoi) Dark Dreams (Dany & Dany Art Book) Gothic Yaoi Bundle: The Works of Dany&dany