Start by marking “Do You Promise Not To Tell? (KEY News #2)” as Want to Read:
Do You Promise Not To Tell? (KEY News #2)

Do You Promise Not To Tell? (KEY News #2)

3.84 of 5 stars 3.84  ·  rating details  ·  559 ratings  ·  26 reviews
TV producer Farrell Slater just stumbled on a story that might save her career...or get her killed. A prestigious New York auction house just sold a Fabergé Egg for six million dollars. But Farrell knows it is a fake. So does a college student who promised never to tell the location of the real one. And so does a cunning murderer who has already dismembered one victim...se
Published April 5th 2005 by St. Martin's Paperbacks (first published August 1st 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Do You Promise Not To Tell?, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Do You Promise Not To Tell?

Jerry
Mary Jane's Second Outing -- Much Better !!

In her first novel, Mary Jane Clark gave us a fine plot with plenty of suspense til right near the end, some characters to like (albeit the leading lady was a bit "squeaky clean"), and a different venue from most mysteries -- the busy newsroom of a major broadcast studio. Our gripe was that there was too much clutter, from almost unnecessary sub-plots to discussions about diseases and so on, that distracted from our story. Yet, we wanted to move to thi
Linda Rawlins
I started reading one of Mary Jane Clark's earlier books and couldn't put it down. Do You Promise Not To Tell is an easy fast paced mystery about Farrell Slater, A TV news producer, who at the crossroads of her career happens upon a story about a NY auction house and fraudulent Faberge eggs. As Farrell and her coworkers are pulled deeper into the mystery, bodies begin to pile up. Farrell does not realize that she may be the next target as she tries to balance her career, life and what may the bi ...more
Kami Sexton
I didn't realize that this book had anything to do with Russian history or the Romanov's, which is mildly surprizing for me. For some reason I had never considered Faberge to be part of the history of the Romanov family....temporary blonde moment I guess.
This book read a lot like a Mary Higgins Clark, but somehow different, and I love both authors. Can't wait to check out some more Mary Jane.
Debbie J
This was my second attempt to listen to the Do You Promise Not to Tell audiobook and I just can't do it. The story meanders all over the place and the endless chapters with only two or three paragraphs are ridiculous. I tried to give this writer another chance but I guess I'm just not into her.
Kathy Sandlin
I've read most of the Mary Jane Clark. Kind of found her by accident since she was right with the Mary Higgins and Carol Higgins in the bookstore. Good reads....probably better than the Carol Higgins but not as good as the Mary Higgins books. They are nice fast reads. I'll just add a few to the list
Brenda
I read this book because I have enjoyed this author in the past. This book moved very quickly. I enjoyed that the story was built around a lost Russian, Faberge' egg. This was a nice change of pace from the reading I had been doing. I will seek out this author again in the future.
Sherry
I think this book is better than a 3 star but not quite a 4 star. Good mystery that revolves around 2 Faberge eggs, one real, one fake and the people who will do almost anything to get ahold of the real one. Fast moving. Lots of twists. A fun read even though there is violence in it.
Kate
This book sparks interest in the world of Faberge eggs and leaves you wanting to learn more. Alas, this book is only a shallow dip in a deep and complex history. Will want to read again, though.
Kristina Jo
While I may not run screaming from another book by Clark, I'm not going to go hunting them all down, either. I guess mysteries aren't really my thing. Though I've got to like a romantic relationship that doesn't start off in the bedroom. Or at least doesn't tell me about it. Approve.
Denise
This was an interesting story about a news reporter with a little Russian background thrown in. I took a course in Russian history so it was very interesting to read a little bit about it. The plot was good and I didn't figure out who the mastermind was before the end.
Staci McLaughlin
I really enjoyed this book. With the short chapters and different viewpoints, it moved along at a fast pace. I liked the characters and the faberge egg plot line.
Lois Wolter
Enjoyable next entry in the series. Fun to follow the characters from book to book. Nice, light, respite. Pleasant and suspenseful.
Jenn
Oct 13, 2012 Jenn rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: 2012
A good read (though there were a crazy amount of characters to keep up with) that kept me guessing all the way through.
Lyn
Good book, but a touch too graphic in some violent descriptions.
A master story teller like her mother.
Linda
Another page turner with interesting info on the Romanovs and Faberge eggs.
Carol
Enjoyable cozy mystery. had you suspecting everyone for much of the book
Andra
I thought I knew who the killer was, but I was wrong. Quick easy read.
Sandra
A good mystery with a surprise ending. Always the best kind.
Donna Barrett
Great storyline. full of intriguing action. I'm a great fan.
Babete
Diversão garantida, muito bom!
LeeAnn Hanson
Similar to the Mary Jane Clark Books.
Kellie
I remember liking this one. :)
Sheila
Good story about art forgeries.
Margie
Very good author. Enjoyable books.
Janet
Enjoyed listening to.
Jean Perry
entertaining
Cws
M Cla
Vjohnson
Vjohnson marked it as to-read
Jan 23, 2015
  • Burned (Regan Reilly Mystery, #8)
  • Plumbing For Willy (Select Sound Buys)
  • Gideon's Torch
  • A Greater Glory (The Trials of Kit Shannon #4)
  • First Lady Down
  • Fortune's Bride (Brides of Montclair #3)
Mary Jane Clark is the author of thirteen novels, including 12 in the KEY News media thriller series, and one in her new Wedding Cake mystery series. A veteran writer and producer for CBS News, Clark worked for almost three decades at the network’s New York City headquarters. Her books are published in twenty-three languages. She lives in New Jersey and Florida.

Clark's former mother-in-law and sis
More about Mary Jane Clark...

KEY News (10 books)
  • Do You Want To Know A Secret? (KEY News #1)
  • Let Me Whisper In Your Ear (KEY News #3)
  • Close to You (KEY News #4)
  • Nobody Knows (KEY News #5)
  • Nowhere to Run (KEY News #6)
  • Hide Yourself Away (KEY News #7)
  • Dancing in the Dark (KEY News #8)
  • Lights Out Tonight (KEY News, #9)
  • Dying for Mercy (KEY News #10)
To Have and to Kill (Wedding Cake Mystery, #1) Do You Want To Know A Secret? (KEY News #1) Nobody Knows (KEY News #5) It Only Takes a Moment (Sunrise Suspense Society #2) When Day Breaks (Sunrise Suspense Society #1)