Start by marking “Hide Yourself Away (KEY News #7)” as Want to Read:
Hide Yourself Away (KEY News #7)

Hide Yourself Away (KEY News #7)

3.77 of 5 stars 3.77  ·  rating details  ·  689 ratings  ·  50 reviews
Nobody in this perfect seaside resort town ever imagined that the body of a missing heiress might be found deep in a tunnel beneath her family's crumbling Newport estate. Nobody, that is, but the last person to see her alive. Now, as a KEY News crew investigates the murder, a cold-blooded killer lives in fear of discovery. Too many reporters are closer than they realize to ...more
Published May 31st 2005 by St. Martin's Paperbacks (first published July 20th 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Hide Yourself Away, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hide Yourself Away

Kris
1.5 STARS

"Being a KEY To America intern may be hazardous to your health. But even when one is nearly killed in an accident and another disappears, this year's crop of hopefuls are oblivious to the menace. Grace Callahan arrives in Newport for a weeklong broadcast from"America's First Resort," determined to launch a future in television journalism. The KEY interns have been told that at the end of the summer one of them will get a full-time job. As their number dwindles, Grace must face the real
Joy
Again, this gripping fast-paced tale by Mary Jane Clark astounded me and with the myriad of clues to point whodunit, which still left me clueless. Ms Clark sticks to the classic Agatha Christie formula where everyone is a suspect, but it's either she didn't give any obvious clues or I might've missed it, but I never guessed the killer's identity - like in her other books.

This one is different from those I've read, most of the ones had broadcast reporters as heroines covering a crime, they usuall
Janet
I bought this book by mistake at a charity used book sale. It was on a table marked Mary Higgens Clarke and looked at the title and hadn't read it so I bought it. It wasn't until I got home that it was by an author I had never heard of before. It is much the same type of book Mary Higgens Clarke writes. It was an easy read with lots of viable suspects in this who done it. The story follows a single mom trying to get an intern job on a NY television show. Grace our lead character, is in competiti ...more
Neela
For starters the title really doesn't seem to match the content of the book itself. The story intertwines around the lives of a intern reporter, new to the field but experienced with life, hot on the heels of a killer from years past.

As always the story of an investigation into a murder that tracks back in history, has a gripping effect as clues and suspects are drawn from the woodwork through thorough investigation and following trails long gone cold over time.

Narration flips between the pers
Beth
Grace Callahan, a single mother, is interning at KEY to America news and competing for the one job opening at the end of the summer in order to follow her passion and dream to become a journalist. The KEY news team is enroute to Newport, Rhode Island where they will be filming segments all week, when a body is found in an old slave tunnel on the Wagstaff property. The body is believed to be that of Charlotte Wagstaff Sloane who disappeared 14 years ago.

As the KEY News interns get close to discov
Courtney
Hide Yourself Away by Mary Jane Clark(May 2005). 352 pages. Fiction. Thriller. 3 Stars.

Life seems to throw everyone curve balls every once and a while; nonetheless, it’s never been easy. This statement represents Grace Callahan, who at age 32, moved to Newport, Rhode Island to launch a career and future in T.V. news. She begins working for KEY news where she and her other interns are told by the end of the summer one of them will receive the full-time position.
Grace, a single mother who is fig
Rebekkila
I am beginning to think that when the author starts the books she has no idea who did it, then somewhere in the middle she picks the most unlikely and illogical candidate and then tailors the rest of the story to make it work.

And the story line with her ex-husband was complete shit. First the guy tells her he is going to try to gain primary custody of their 14 year old daughter. She sends the daughter to the fathers for his regular custodial weekend and travels from New York to Rhode Island for
This was a typical mystery novel. There were many characters to guess who dunnit with. This time I was off base, so maybe it tricked me better than most. Grace is a novelist who is an older intern for a news broadcast company. She is inadvertently involved when a few deaths happen during her time in Newport. She has had conversations with a couple of victims which make her a liability for the murderer. So, she is next on the list. At the same time as all of this, she has it bad for the producer ...more
Diana
Wow! Total suspense. 14 year old murder/mystery/disappearance comes to light. Then KEY interns start being missing or murdered. No clue at all who the murderer is til the very. Extremely well written. Each page holds your attention!! Great read for sure!! I love Mary Jane Clark's writing.
Denise
I enjoyed this story about Grace an intern in the KEY news I liked the story of the past murder intertwined with the present. The killer was a surprise.
Phyllis Wright
WOWOWOWOWOW! GOOD BOOK! WONDERFUL SERIES! NEXT!
Marcio Scheibler
Primeiro livro dessa autora que leio e achei ótimo. Com detalhes da rotina de trabalho de um telejornal, ela deu um clima de realidade ao texto, que narra uma saga de 3 assassinatos ocorridos num intervalo de 14 anos.

O final é surpreendente, mesmo que todos na trama são suspeitos. A autora não deixou a impressão de que alguém era inocente. O livro tem mais de 300 páginas, o que acho exagerado para uma trama policial, mas não "enrolou" em nenhum momento.
Collsells
Great summer read, especialy since I was heading to Newport that week. I normally don't like murder mystery or anything dealing with modern times (usually am a fan of historical fiction) but this one was cute! It wasn't too deep, or it didn't affect my thougth process much,but it did keep me thoroughly entertained while out at the pool. I do love Newport and this took place there, and dealt a lot with the setting and surroundings.
Jolynne
Another book on the plane to Boston. I picked up this one because I was looking for a Newport mystery since we were going there. Overall, I enjoyed this one, and should have figured out "who done it" but I didn't. It wasn't really what I was looking for, but when we got to Newport, I enjoyed the background info.
Ann Davies-baxter
This is a mystery of "Who did it?" Everyone looks suspect involving a murder that occurred 14 yrs. ago...and continues with a chain of events leading to the culprit. This is a simple-read. I will more than likely donate this book to my local library. It will not get "shelved" with my collection.
Carol
Okay fluff mystery, but pay attention to all the little characters, even those not mentioned often. You never know who might have done it. Again, seems to have too many undeveloped characters. She needs to work on making the readers relate to the characters.
I probably should give this a 4 just because I love a good murder mystery and I REALLY love a good murder mystery during the summer! This was a fun random pick off the library shelf that will result in me reading more of her books.
Tmdalton
This book was alright. It had a really twisty ending, but after reading another one of her books this one wasn't as good. It has the same plot and idea from the other books. It all has to deal with news people. It was alright.
C. Clark
A unique setting behind the scenes in the television world. I liked the protagonist. Loved the aspect of her being a single mom. And Rhode Island is a state never used, and I enjoyed that quite a bit.
Dan
Loved the Newport setting since I have visited there many times. I even know of a scrimshaw shop near the Brick Alley pub mentioned in the book. Good page turner. Interesting twist at the end.
Annette Meier
Absolutely loved this story. A little romance - a great mystery that had you changing your mind about "who dunnit" every other chapter - excellent story-telling. I highly recommend it!
Elise
I can read about almost anything, including Ms. Clark's normal fair, but this book got to me. I could not stand that poor child suffering like he was, so I had to quit. Sorry Mary Jane.
Linda
This series is sooooooo good....I really liked this one. Very suspenseful page-turner...didn't get much else done while reading it through. Looking forward to the next.
Beth
Listened to this book on my 3 hour drives back and forth while moving. It kept my interest...lots of twists and turns...I kept changing my mind about "whodunnit"
Andra
could hardly put this down. a mystery, did not have it figured out as to who the murderer was. a total surprise, I had guessed several others but not the one.
Julie
This was a good beach read. I accidentally got this book from the library thinking it was a novel by Mary Higgins Clark. I lucked out! A good, fast read.
Jessica
This book was excellent
I've read several others by this author and in the series and they are all well researched and well-written!
Melissa Green
Another good one. the suspense was just as good as in her other books and the murderer was not shown until towards the end.
Hubjeanne
Very good author. Will gladly read more of her books. Already recommended her to a couple of friends.
Karen Bruns
One of the better books in this series. It had a surprise ending. Really enjoyed this book.
  • Burned (Regan Reilly Mystery, #8)
  • The Christmas Thief
  • Falling for the Fireman (Gordon Falls, #1)
  • Anna's Gift (Hannah's Daughters, #3)
Mary Jane Clark is the author of thirteen novels, including 12 in the KEY News media thriller series, and one in her new Wedding Cake mystery series. A veteran writer and producer for CBS News, Clark worked for almost three decades at the network’s New York City headquarters. Her books are published in twenty-three languages. She lives in New Jersey and Florida.

Clark's former mother-in-law and sis
More about Mary Jane Clark...
To Have and to Kill (Wedding Cake Mystery, #1) Do You Want To Know A Secret? (KEY News #1) Nobody Knows (KEY News #5) It Only Takes a Moment (Sunrise Suspense Society #2) When Day Breaks (Sunrise Suspense Society #1)