Start by marking “Mania” as Want to Read:
Mania

Mania

Richard Brower has killed a dozen people. Now someone is trying to frame him for the murders committed by another serial killer.

Serial killer Richard Brower buried his cheating wife, Mary, in the woods on Saturday.
On Monday, Mary calls her brother's girlfriend.
A few days later, she calls her mom.
Then Mary bumps into her friend at a mall.

Are all these people lying or has Ma
Published December 9th 2013 by Amazon Kindle

To ask other readers questions about Mania, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mania

Jenn Syx
Feb 28, 2014 Jenn Syx rated it it was ok
What happened to the ending?!

Although I was not completely engaged throughout the book I was compelled to continue reading because I was sure things were not as they seemed. I enjoyed the flashbacks and the feeling that this guy isn't as bad I first thought. The writing was acceptable and the story creative but this lacked a little... something. While the dialog worked it was almost too drawn out at times. I could have overlooked this if there was an actual ending. All that build up and it just.
Catherine Edwards
Excellent, fast-paced, edge-of-your-seat reading!

In Tim Kizer’s superbly crafted ‘Mania’, Richard Brower is a killer. His wife Mary dies accidentally after he confronts her about her infidelity. It’s not the first death he has been intimately involved in. Richard Brower is a serial killer.

He secretly buries his wife in the remote woods of the Pacific Northwest and goes back to living his unassuming life - waiting for the right moment to report her “disappearance.” However, things do not go quite
Lisa
Feb 13, 2014 Lisa rated it it was amazing
From the first page, I was hooked. The character portrayal of Richard was both disturbing and conflicting. One minute you think he's an ordinary, average guy, and the next minute you find out that he's done something horrific...but worse than that, he views the incidents as no more than mosquito bites or a nuisance along the path of life. It's a chilling tale inside the mind of one man who will have you at the edge of your seat. Do you have a Richard in your life? Are you married to one, related ...more
Arathi
Feb 14, 2014 Arathi rated it did not like it
Shelves: not-to-be-read
this is a very horribly written book, one in terms of language the author thought it was fancy to write it as if he was talking to the reader - really? who writes like that!!

and seems like a boy as young as 9 knows all about sex!!! and doesnt mind being done by his own father!!!

one mental writer!
Cathy Benavides
Jan 24, 2014 Cathy Benavides rated it liked it
The story was very different, and the twist was awesome. But it wasn't all that engaging. It was written almost like an essay, not a suspenseful book. I finished it because I wanted to know how it turned out, but it was certainly not a page turner.
Ruth Meeks
Mar 11, 2014 Ruth Meeks rated it really liked it
A good read, enjoyed the intensity of the book. The surprise villan, which wasn't who you thought. I like the twist and turn with the happy ending.
Dawne Dunham
Slightly confusing

A good read, but a little hard to keep up with in spots. The ending came out of nowhere in a decent plot twist.
Rhonda moreland
Dec 22, 2013 Rhonda moreland rated it really liked it
different kind of story
Talia Orr
Apr 13, 2015 Talia Orr rated it liked it
Really liked it until...

It's a really cool story. I was a bit confused at times because of all the switching back and forth because it was very abrupt. Then the story took on a comfortable pace. When I got to the end, I'm also a bit disappointed. It ended so quickly I wasn't sure if it was really over (I quickly flipped forward a few pages to previews of other books). Imagine my disappointment. I love the way the story ended but it ended on one page! I could've read at least another few chapters
Rachel
Aug 25, 2014 Rachel rated it did not like it
Shelves: wth
I normally enjoy books by this author, however this one was ridiculous. The plot jumps around all over the place like a hyperactive toddler, and the writing follows along happily, making a confusing mess out of what was a promising premise. There is no engaging with the cliched little cardboard cut-outs that are our characters, and the writing itself is shoddy, almost like stream-of-consciousness babble that is really hard to follow.
Not recommended unless you're a fan of extreme confusion.
Candice Mckinney
Aug 29, 2016 Candice Mckinney rated it really liked it
Richard Brower is a serial killer. His wife died jumping off of a bridge running away from him so he buried her in the woods. Then people start getting telephone calls from her and other friends have seen her. She seems to be haunting Richard or someone is trying to convince him she is still alive.

Mania is very different. There are twists and then more twists. Enjoyable book with an ending you don't see coming.
Kathi
Mar 13, 2014 Kathi rated it did not like it
By the way....

Genuinely disliked the way it was written. I give anyone with the chutzpah to write and publish a book, even "just" an e-book, much respect. but this book should have been read in less than a day, I've been forcing myself to get through. But I have to close this book. One two many "by the way"s. And all the characters spoke the same way- too much same voice different characters.
J&B Reviews
Apr 01, 2014 J&B Reviews rated it liked it
Mania...Smania

Described as 'Silence of the lambs' meets 'Gone girl' reads more like 'Monty python' meets the 'Following'. There were parts of this novel that were really tense then there were parts of this novel that were just silly and hardly believable. Read for yourself and decide if you agree.
Adam Toren
Jun 22, 2014 Adam Toren rated it it was amazing
Fascinating read. It is not easy to write an ambiguous character. The author of "Mania" pulled this off wih ease with Richard, a serial murderer with a long list of victims. I also liked that the main female character is not a defenseless woman who needs to be rescued, but a woman who kicks ass.
Zuzu Burford
Feb 18, 2014 Zuzu Burford rated it it was ok
Good original plot that became lost somewhere and never really found its way home.There was real potential for a great book, alas it never came to pass.
Susie Nadolsky
Mar 18, 2014 Susie Nadolsky rated it it was ok
Could have been awesome.

Jumps around to much and parts are far fetched or unrealistic. Either a better into to some characters i.e..the avengers or more of a backstory needed.
Andrew Ostrega
Andrew Ostrega rated it it was amazing
Oct 02, 2014
Kaja Havelka
Kaja Havelka rated it it was ok
Jan 27, 2014
CHARLES R CAMPBELL
CHARLES R CAMPBELL rated it liked it
Apr 19, 2015
Shana
Shana rated it it was ok
Apr 28, 2016
judithmdonnelly
judithmdonnelly rated it did not like it
Jul 18, 2015
Christina
Christina rated it really liked it
Feb 24, 2014
Janice Webb
Janice Webb rated it really liked it
Jan 16, 2015
Jody
Jody rated it it was ok
Apr 23, 2014
andrea gottier
andrea gottier rated it it was amazing
Mar 19, 2016
Vera Scanlan
Vera Scanlan rated it liked it
Dec 01, 2014
Jennifer Ditmars
Jennifer Ditmars rated it really liked it
Jul 12, 2015
Deb
Deb rated it did not like it
Jul 29, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
  • Voice
  • NORTHMAN
  • Black Water Creek
  • Cast Iron (The Infected #3)
  • Secret Street (The Secret Street Saga, #1)
  • Gabriel (The Infected, #2)
  • Hallowed Ground
  • Riverside Blues
  • The Night Girl: The Complete Series (All 8 Books)
  • Arsonist (Jon Stanton, #4)
  • The Monster Within Idea
  • Twisted Vengeance (Twisted Vengeance, #1)
  • Abra-Cadaver
  • Daughter of Bathory
  • Parents Who Killed Their Children: Filicide
  • Spring (Lakebridge #1)
  • Dark Passage
  • The First Bird: Episode 1 (The First Bird, #1)