Start by marking “How You Can Talk with God” as Want to Read:
How You Can Talk with God

How You Can Talk with God

4.5 of 5 stars 4.50  ·  rating details  ·  76 ratings  ·  6 reviews
How You Can Talk With God explains how we can all experience God's presence directly in our lives. A favorite of spiritual seekers around the world, it shows us how to pray with greater intimacy -- to create a deep and fulfilling personal relationship with the Divine. This is a book to keep by the bedside, discovering with each reading new gems of inspiration and wisdom.
Published December 1st 1985 by Self-Realization Fellowship Publishers (first published August 5th 1957)

To ask other readers questions about How You Can Talk with God, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How You Can Talk with God

Iona  Main Stewart
This super-short book by the master Paramahansa Yogananda is from 1957 (or before), so it is obviously not written in a modern style, and is thus not particularly readable.

However, this will not deter the reader interested in the book’s spiritual content.

Yogananda informs us that he receives much of his knowledge from God rather than books since he seldom reads. He tells us that in the vibration of his cosmic energy God is talking all the time. Saints hear the voice of God.

But as far as “more or
Karthik D.R
The Small Wonder!
A brief touch to touch and feel the spiritual life - GOD!

Seeing God as a "Human" is a more sensible thought!
Deepa
Well, I read Autobiography of a Yogi a decade ago, I liked it then, I thought Ill like other books by the author!
I was surprised to see that book is actually a booklet and very disappointed reading its content, Its like promotional material for promoting Kriya yoga or whatever the author conducts.
Dont ever bother reading it. There is nothing here.

Purnacandra Sivarupa
A truly excellent (though extremely brief) introduction to the basic ideas and approach of theurgy, a religious science which Mouni Sadhu called "the art of effective worship". Anybody interested in learning how to pray effectively can do a lot worse than to study this concise and beautiful little volume.
Rajesh R
Every page I read is making my crown bigger; this is a very charged book. A definitely not to be missed book.
Amit Kumar
Something which changed the way of my life. An amazing book. Highly recommended for all.
Samantha Eenink
Samantha Eenink marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2014
Vishal Nain
Vishal Nain marked it as to-read
Dec 02, 2014
Khaleesi
Khaleesi marked it as to-read
Dec 01, 2014
Moise
Moise marked it as to-read
Nov 27, 2014
Jules
Jules marked it as to-read
Nov 26, 2014
Judio
Judio added it
Nov 26, 2014
Santos Dash
Santos Dash marked it as to-read
Nov 25, 2014
Cindu Krishnakumar
Cindu Krishnakumar marked it as to-read
Nov 15, 2014
Siba
Siba marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2014
Shivi
Shivi marked it as to-read
Nov 06, 2014
Nisha Sharma
Nisha Sharma marked it as to-read
Nov 04, 2014
Sabari Menon
Sabari Menon marked it as to-read
Nov 01, 2014
Ramana Murthy
Ramana Murthy marked it as to-read
Oct 15, 2014
Prashant Kumar
Prashant Kumar marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2014
Rashmi Bokare
Rashmi Bokare marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2014
Marie Badolato
Marie Badolato marked it as to-read
Oct 04, 2014
Sugumaran Krish
Sugumaran Krish is currently reading it
Sep 22, 2014
Amrit
Amrit added it
Sep 09, 2014
Mansi
Mansi marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Paramahansa Yogananda (Bengali: পরমহংস যোগানন্দ Pôromohôngsho Joganondo, Sanskrit: परमहंस योगानं‍द Paramahaṃsa Yogānaṃda), born Mukunda Lal Ghosh (Bengali: মুকুন্দ লাল ঘোষ Mukundo Lal Ghosh), was an Indian yogi and guru who introduced many westerners to the teachings of meditation and Kriya Yoga through his book, Autobiography of a Yogi .
More about Paramahansa Yogananda...
Autobiography of a Yogi Man's Eternal Quest: The Collected Talks and Essays: 1 (Collected Talks & Essays) The Divine Romance: Collected Talks and Essays on Realizing God in Daily Life The Bhagavad Gita: Royal Science of God-Realization The Yoga of Jesus: Understanding the Hidden Teachings of the Gospels