Start by marking “How You Can Talk with God” as Want to Read:
How You Can Talk with God

How You Can Talk with God

4.47 of 5 stars 4.47  ·  rating details  ·  87 ratings  ·  8 reviews
How You Can Talk With God explains how we can all experience God's presence directly in our lives. A favorite of spiritual seekers around the world, it shows us how to pray with greater intimacy -- to create a deep and fulfilling personal relationship with the Divine. This is a book to keep by the bedside, discovering with each reading new gems of inspiration and wisdom.
Published December 1st 1985 by Self-Realization Fellowship Publishers (first published August 5th 1957)

To ask other readers questions about How You Can Talk with God, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How You Can Talk with God

Iona  Stewart
This super-short book by the master Paramahansa Yogananda is from 1957 (or before), so it is obviously not written in a modern style, and is thus not particularly readable.

However, this will not deter the reader interested in the book’s spiritual content.

Yogananda informs us that he receives much of his knowledge from God rather than books since he seldom reads. He tells us that in the vibration of his cosmic energy God is talking all the time. Saints hear the voice of God.

But as far as “more or
Disha
AVOID AT ALL COSTS!
Karthik D.R
The Small Wonder!
A brief touch to touch and feel the spiritual life - GOD!

Seeing God as a "Human" is a more sensible thought!
Varun Upadhyay
Spirituality in a booklet.
Deepa
Well, I read Autobiography of a Yogi a decade ago, I liked it then, I thought Ill like other books by the author!
I was surprised to see that book is actually a booklet and very disappointed reading its content, Its like promotional material for promoting Kriya yoga or whatever the author conducts.
Dont ever bother reading it. There is nothing here.

Purnacandra Sivarupa
A truly excellent (though extremely brief) introduction to the basic ideas and approach of theurgy, a religious science which Mouni Sadhu called "the art of effective worship". Anybody interested in learning how to pray effectively can do a lot worse than to study this concise and beautiful little volume.
Rajesh R
Every page I read is making my crown bigger; this is a very charged book. A definitely not to be missed book.
Amit Kumar
Something which changed the way of my life. An amazing book. Highly recommended for all.
Johannes
Johannes marked it as to-read
Aug 23, 2015
Mayank Murari
Mayank Murari marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2015
Vijaybhaskar Bellam
Vijaybhaskar Bellam marked it as to-read
Aug 22, 2015
Krishna Chaturvedi
Krishna Chaturvedi marked it as to-read
Aug 03, 2015
Amit Soni
Amit Soni marked it as to-read
Aug 01, 2015
Steve.Birdme.Com
Steve.Birdme.Com marked it as to-read
Jul 17, 2015
Akash Maan
Akash Maan marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2015
Rita Buyse
Rita Buyse marked it as to-read
Jul 06, 2015
Michael Vollbrecht
Michael Vollbrecht marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2015
Rakesh Inani
Rakesh Inani marked it as to-read
Jun 30, 2015
Ravneet Singh
Ravneet Singh is currently reading it
Jun 29, 2015
Shakhnoza Khalmurzaeva
Shakhnoza Khalmurzaeva marked it as to-read
Jun 21, 2015
Varaprasad
Varaprasad marked it as to-read
Jun 12, 2015
Anjula Singh
Anjula Singh marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2015
Dipankar Ghosh
Dipankar Ghosh marked it as to-read
Jun 02, 2015
Sandhya Nair
Sandhya Nair marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2015
Milena Slivoska
Milena Slivoska marked it as to-read
May 25, 2015
Vishal Varshney
Vishal Varshney marked it as to-read
May 24, 2015
Lydia Robinson
Lydia Robinson marked it as to-read
May 09, 2015
  • Resurrecting Jesus: Embodying the Spirit of a Revolutionary Mystic
  • The Soul of Sex: Cultivating Life as an Act of Love
  • Ten Dumb Things Smart Christians Believe
  • Gitagovinda of Jayadeva: Love Song of the Dark Lord
  • Meditation: A Simple Eight-Point Program for Translating Spiritual Ideals into Daily Life
  • Shiva: The Wild God of Power and Ecstasy
  • Mystic Christianity
  • The Yoga-Sutra of Patanjali: A New Translation with Commentary
  • God's Lunatics: Lost Souls, False Prophets, Martyred Saints, Murderous Cults, Demonic Nuns, and Other Victims of Man's Eternal Search for the Divine
  • An Introduction to the Philosophy of Religion
Paramahansa Yogananda (Bengali: পরমহংস যোগাননদ Pôromohôngsho Joganondo, Sanskrit: परमहंस योगानंद Paramahaṃsa Yogānaṃda), born Mukunda Lal Ghosh (Bengali: মুকুনদ লাল ঘোষ Mukundo Lal Ghosh), was an Indian yogi and guru who introduced many westerners to the teachings of meditation and Kriya Yoga through his book, Autobiography of a Yogi . ...more
More about Paramahansa Yogananda...
Autobiography of a Yogi Man's Eternal Quest (Collected Talks & Essays 1) The Divine Romance: Collected Talks and Essays on Realizing God in Daily Life The Bhagavad Gita: Royal Science of God-Realization The Yoga of Jesus: Understanding the Hidden Teachings of the Gospels