Start by marking “How You Can Talk with God” as Want to Read:
How You Can Talk with God

How You Can Talk with God

How You Can Talk With God explains how we can all experience God's presence directly in our lives. A favorite of spiritual seekers around the world, it shows us how to pray with greater intimacy -- to create a deep and fulfilling personal relationship with the Divine. This is a book to keep by the bedside, discovering with each reading new gems of inspiration and wisdom.
Published December 1st 1985 by Self-Realization Fellowship Publishers (first published August 5th 1957)

To ask other readers questions about How You Can Talk with God, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about How You Can Talk with God

Choko
Jan 06, 2016 Choko rated it it was amazing
I owe much to this gentle great man's books. My mom and I met him early in my life and his outlook on life and G-d influenced my formative years in a way which shaped me as a person! I am so grateful to my mom, making the reading, meditation and discussions over his books some of the best, most spiritually intimate moments with her in my memory! She has been gone 13 years now and still when I think of her in moments of profoundly missing her and other loved ones who have passed, the moments of f ...more
Iona  Stewart
Aug 23, 2011 Iona Stewart rated it really liked it
This super-short book by the master Paramahansa Yogananda is from 1957 (or before), so it is obviously not written in a modern style, and is thus not particularly readable.

However, this will not deter the reader interested in the book’s spiritual content.

Yogananda informs us that he receives much of his knowledge from God rather than books since he seldom reads. He tells us that in the vibration of his cosmic energy God is talking all the time. Saints hear the voice of God.

But as far as “more or
Rajesh R
Apr 19, 2013 Rajesh R rated it it was amazing
Every page I read is making my crown bigger; this is a very charged book. A definitely not to be missed book.
Amit Kumar
Nov 25, 2012 Amit Kumar rated it it was amazing
Something which changed the way of my life. An amazing book. Highly recommended for all.
Disha
Apr 17, 2015 Disha rated it did not like it
AVOID AT ALL COSTS!
Harshit
Feb 26, 2016 Harshit rated it really liked it
Shelves: healing
Most of book is summary and abstract of instances and conclusion taken from AutoBiography of Yogi. The key part start in later half of the book, explanation of vibrations, senses and three layered body, this book also light up on law of attraction and shaping your life with it and practicing vibration in daily life.

Love and originality in self it utmost attainment and this explains in notes on keeping them aligned.

In short a reference book to keep your soul in good spirits and maintaining magic
Deepa
Nov 15, 2013 Deepa rated it did not like it
Shelves: to-read-spirit
Well, I read Autobiography of a Yogi a decade ago, I liked it then, I thought Ill like other books by the author!
I was surprised to see that book is actually a booklet and very disappointed reading its content, Its like promotional material for promoting Kriya yoga or whatever the author conducts.
Dont ever bother reading it. There is nothing here.

Purnacandra Sivarupa
Feb 22, 2011 Purnacandra Sivarupa rated it liked it
Shelves: hinduism
A truly excellent (though extremely brief) introduction to the basic ideas and approach of theurgy, a religious science which Mouni Sadhu called "the art of effective worship". Anybody interested in learning how to pray effectively can do a lot worse than to study this concise and beautiful little volume.
Karthik D.R
May 25, 2014 Karthik D.R rated it it was amazing
Shelves: life-self-help
The Small Wonder!
A brief touch to touch and feel the spiritual life - GOD!

Seeing God as a "Human" is a more sensible thought!
Bruce
Bruce rated it liked it
Jun 29, 2013
Nrupathi
Nrupathi rated it it was amazing
Jun 01, 2016
Carolina Vides De Herrador
Carolina Vides De Herrador rated it it was amazing
Oct 24, 2016
Ben Dorfman
Ben Dorfman rated it it was amazing
Jul 07, 2016
Sapna
Sapna rated it it was amazing
Aug 23, 2016
Valerie
Valerie rated it it was amazing
Sep 24, 2011
Heather
Heather rated it liked it
Jan 31, 2013
Sarvagya Dixit
Sarvagya Dixit rated it really liked it
Nov 03, 2014
Hariprasad Manchi
Hariprasad Manchi rated it really liked it
Sep 18, 2016
Alberto Miazza
Alberto Miazza rated it it was amazing
Mar 22, 2013
Pete Nardone
Pete Nardone rated it really liked it
May 01, 2012
Allonsy25
Allonsy25 rated it really liked it
Oct 08, 2016
Jean Dawn Means
Jean Dawn Means rated it it was amazing
Jan 18, 2014
Brie
Brie rated it it was amazing
May 14, 2014
Teagan
Teagan rated it it was amazing
Jan 09, 2015
Matthew
Matthew rated it it was amazing
Apr 07, 2015
LakshmiSandeep
LakshmiSandeep rated it it was ok
Oct 17, 2016
Richard
Richard rated it it was amazing
Sep 09, 2012
Fred Geerken
Fred Geerken rated it liked it
Aug 20, 2011
Manoj Singhvi
Manoj Singhvi rated it really liked it
May 13, 2016
Ashish Bhattarai
Ashish Bhattarai rated it it was amazing
Nov 26, 2012
  • The Tragedy of Mariam
  • Shiva: The Wild God of Power and Ecstasy
  • Beyond Entrepreneurship: Turning Your Business into an Enduring Great Company
  • Ten Dumb Things Smart Christians Believe
  • Violet Flame: To Heal Body, Mind and Soul (Pocket Guide to Practical Spirituality)
  • Mystic Christianity
  • Inside the Yoga Sutras: A Comprehensive Sourcebook for the Study & Practice of Patanjali's Yoga Sutras
Paramahansa Yogananda (Bengali: পরমহংস যোগাননদ Pôromohôngsho Joganondo, Sanskrit: परमहंस योगानंद Paramahaṃsa Yogānaṃda), born Mukunda Lal Ghosh (Bengali: মুকুনদ লাল ঘোষ Mukundo Lal Ghosh), was an Indian yogi and guru who introduced many westerners to the teachings of meditation and Kriya Yoga through his book, Autobiography of a Yogi . ...more
More about Paramahansa Yogananda...