Troubleshooter (Tim Rackley #3)

Troubleshooter (Tim Rackley #3)

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  283 ratings  ·  26 reviews
The series that started it all!

The maestro of pulse-pounding suspense delivers an explosive new white-knuckle thriller featuring deputy U.S. Marshal Tim Rackley -- a lawman driven by honor, morality, and a thirst for justice. The leader of one of the country's most violent biker gangs, Den Laurey should have been behind bars. But thanks to a daring escape on an L.A. freewa...more
Published July 25th 2006 by HarperTorch (first published August 30th 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Troubleshooter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Troubleshooter

Lee
Tim Rackley and his supporting cast of the LA Sherriff unit's third thrilling adventure, hasn't slowed down any from his previous two. Their after a vicious biker club. Hurwitz gives the reader some real intense action. Only one more in his Rackley series, then I will be searching for his stand alones.
Ed
Hard-driving, fast-paced tale of a trio of U.S. Marshals going up against a biker gang in California with some grand ideas on how to make money. Great supporting cast including the large and gruff Marshal Bear. Fun read.
Michelle
This is a tightly plotted, well-crafted thriller with interesting and fleshed out characters. The plot is original, suspenseful and complex enough to keep you guessing. The body count is grim and the violence graphic, but I didn't think it was gratuitous. I especially admired the author's choice to make the protagonist's relationship with his wife a central part of the story. Their relationship was represented as mature, mutually respectful and solid. I can think of only a handful of authors in...more
Gangs in LA and the cops who chase them. Didn't finish it
Jen
I listened to TROUBLESHOOTER by Gregg Hurwitz on audiobook. U.S. Marshall Tim Rackley hunts down escaped convict Den Laurey. Laurey is a member of the Laughing Sinners, one of the most violent biker gangs in Los Angeles. Rackley's hunt is personal: Laurey shot Rackley's pregnant wife, Drey. But when the Marshall's investigation collides with the FBI's investigation, all hell breaks loose.

TROUBLESHOOTER was simply an all-around great thriller. The action was constant, and at times quite creepy. T...more
Tom Kinney
Definitely the worst book so far in the Tim Rackley series. The first two books, The Kill Clause, and The Program were very suspenseful and gut wrenching. This one just didn't generate that type of excitement. Although "Rack" did have to deal with an emotional issue throughout the book, the story just wasn't enough to satisfy me. Hopefully the next Rackley book will be better. I think Gregg Hurwitz is an awesome writer, so I'm sure it will be.
Jp
Enjoyable, solid, but unfortunately, not as strong as The Program, Gregg Hurwitz's previous novel. Tim Rackley and his collection of secondary characters were as strong and interesting as they had been in the previous two book in the Rackley series, but this seemed to be closer to a thriller/action novel than mystery.

Still enjoyable, though. And I'm looking forward to the last two books that Gregg Hurwitz has written.
Gregg Hutchings
This is the first book of the Tim Rackley series that I read, and I wish I would have started with the first one, Kill Clause.
This goes into the character, the U.S. Marshal in LA who pursues escaped felons from prison. Without the background of the first book, you are at a somewhat loss to understand what makes Tim click.
Besides that, I loved it.
Great writing, and of course, the author has a great name :-)
Skip
Fast paced story of Tim Rackley, who is called in to track down two motorcycle gang escapees, who end up shooting his pregnant sheriff wife. In tracking them down, Tim has to solve the mysterious deaths of some vacationers and stop a drug cartel from flooding L.A. with smack.
Don
The 3rd volume in the Tim Rackley series.

Great series. So far, I think this is the best one yet.

Real nasty Killer Bikers. And Hurwitz has done his research in regards to Harley Motorbikes and the rough and somewhat crude Biker lingo.
Deb Mj
Excellent, but gets knocked down a notch for the almost-over-the-top violence. Apparently there is one more book in the Rackley series. While I'm looking forward to reading it, I'll be very sorry to see this series end.
Tara
There have been many moments where I have had to reread passages because I have tuned out, or I completely had no idea what they were talking about. It has been interesting reading about biker gangs, but in my own na
Ricardo
Not a bad book, well researched. Personally, I find the author's writing style heavy and difficult to get into. I finished the book but it was not one of those "can't wait to see what happens next"
Brian Stethem
My least favorite in the Rackley series. As another reader commented, I often had to stop and try to figure out what they were talking about or doing. And I didn't find the story all that engaging.
Barbara B.
I am really enjoying this author, especially the series with Tim Rackley, a U.S.Marshall. Can't wait to get the next book and see what happens.
Lisa
Hugely disappointing after the other books I've read from this author...I tuned out to the point of giving up.
Dawn
Got much better as it went along. Very satisfying ending. I'm wondering what happens next to the Rackley's.
Kyle Bain
A nice, wuick read for action lovers and bikers. Don't expect great literary value, just fun and excitement.
Mark
Rackley is back!! And....he's at it again. I hope there is another one on the way.
Allison6876
If you like Lee Child, Robert Crais and John Sanford this is for you.
Kellie Dipiro
Fast paced! This book is scary and thought provoking! I enjoyed it.
A little violent for me, but Tim Rackley is a keeper.
Liza-Signe
I like his style of writing and attention to detail.
Chris
First Hurwitz book I've read, I enjoyed it.
Jack
even more Rackley
Isaiah
Isaiah marked it as to-read
Aug 21, 2014
  • Compulsion (Frank Clevenger, #3)
  • The Silenced (Jonathan Quinn, #4)
  • Crisis Four (Nick Stone, #2)
  • Ripper (Event Group Adventure, #7)
  • Stowaway To Mars
  • Prophets of the Ghost Ants
  • The Librarians (Will Piper, #3)
  • The Nostradamus Prophecies
  • The Last Day
  • The Magician's Tale
  • Manitou Blood (Manitou, #4)
  • The Un-Magician (OutCast, #1)
  • Gallows Lane (Inspector Devlin, #2)
  • The Black Sun (Tom Kirk, #2)
  • A Raiz do Ódio
  • SecondWorld
  • Shoot to Thrill (Monkeewrench, #5)
  • The Clowns of God
AKA Gregg Andrew Hurwitz

Gregg Hurwitz is the critically acclaimed, New York Times and internationally bestselling author of fourteen novels, most recently Don’t Look Back, You’re Next, The Survivor and Tell No Lies. His books have been nominated for numerous awards, shortlisted twice for best novel of the year by International Thriller Writers, nominated for CWA’s Ian Fleming Steel Dagger, chosen...more
More about Gregg Hurwitz...
You're Next They're Watching The Survivor Trust No One The Crime Writer