Welcome to Your World, Baby

Welcome to Your World, Baby

3.66 of 5 stars 3.66  ·  rating details  ·  44 ratings  ·  17 reviews
Becoming a big sister is a big event! There's so much to share - and do - and celebrate!
Beloved actress, author, and mother Brooke Shields paints a warm and loving picture of the joys of sisterhood in this merry book with exuberant artwork by the talented Cori Doerrfeld.
Published June 24th 2008 by HarperCollins Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Welcome to Your World, Baby, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Welcome to Your World, Baby

Christina Fixemer
This picture book is full of sweet sentiment and darling illustrations. It isn't a story so much as a promise of things to come between sisters. The excitement of having a new baby in the house is a big deal to older siblings, and this shines through.

As a read-aloud book, however, it is difficult to get into a decent rhythm. The prose is laid out to look as though it is rhythmic, so, while reading to my own daughter, I kept feeling off kilter. This may seem like a nitpicky thing to say, but try...more
Megan MacDonald
I love being a big sister too! This book reminded me a lot of my relationship with my little sister and the things we used to do together. Some children get nervous when they are going to have a new brother or sister, but this book describes all the fun things you can do when you have a brother or sister to play with. A very relatable story, especially for young girls, the pictures also do a great job of keeping the reader engaged and seeing all the things little girls spend their time doing. A...more
Amy
I love reading this book to both my daughters.
Christine Turner
A little girl welcomes her new baby sister home from the hospital and takes joy in telling and showing her all the activities and experiences they will share. www.hcpl.net

Note: This book would work well for a child who is about to be a big sister. The illustrations include a lot of pink, which I am not found of, but many children love.
Tricia
this is the only children's picture book written by a famous person that i've actually enjoyed. big sister welcomes her little sister and they have fun doing things that sisters do. the girls loved this book because it was like a snapshot of their lives, really.
Jennifer Burns- Our Book Boyfriends
More credit should be given to the illustrator who drew delightful pictures to accompany this book. I really think that Welcome to Your World, Baby would not have gained notoriety if it was not written by Brooke Shields.
Danica
This is one of our family's all time favorites! I love the pictures and the two little girls. We read this book all the time, sometimes multiple times a day.
Erin
My girls and I love this book! Perfect for anyone with two little girls, as they will surely relate to this cute story of sisterly love!
Mallory Hall
This was over the top girlie. Everything was pink and tea parties and tiaras and dolls... It made me a little nauseous.
Suzanne
Simple yet cute story about a big sister's plans for her and her new little sister. Illustrations are adorable.
Brent
Sweet, and well illustrated: my child loved it. I say it beats the heck out of Billy Joel's similar book.
Kim Hendon
Aug 15, 2008 Kim Hendon rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Sisters
Sydney loves reading this book to Olivia! And it's such a sweet book for sisters
Julie
I felt the text was way too simple but the illustrations are adorable.
Marie
Perfectly describes Makenna and Autumn, thanks MOM
Tina
"poor review, typical for pop-star authors"
Brooke
pretty good for an actress :)
Rachel
Nice book for siblings.
Raj
Raj marked it as to-read
Feb 22, 2014
Tarra
Tarra marked it as to-read
Nov 17, 2012
Brooke Christa Camille Shields is an American actress, supermodel and author.
More about Brooke Shields...
Down Came the Rain: My Journey Through Postpartum Depression It's the Best Day Ever, Dad! On Your Own The Brooke Book There Was a Little Girl: The Real Story of My Mother and Me