Start by marking “Welcome to Your World, Baby” as Want to Read:
Welcome to Your World, Baby

Welcome to Your World, Baby

3.71  ·  Rating Details  ·  56 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
Becoming a big sister is a big event! There's so much to share - and do - and celebrate!
Beloved actress, author, and mother Brooke Shields paints a warm and loving picture of the joys of sisterhood in this merry book with exuberant artwork by the talented Cori Doerrfeld.
Published June 24th 2008 by HarperCollins

To ask other readers questions about Welcome to Your World, Baby, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Welcome to Your World, Baby

Ainsley
Aug 12, 2015 Ainsley rated it really liked it
it was sweet. I wish I had a sister
Christina Fixemer
Mar 15, 2013 Christina Fixemer rated it really liked it
This picture book is full of sweet sentiment and darling illustrations. It isn't a story so much as a promise of things to come between sisters. The excitement of having a new baby in the house is a big deal to older siblings, and this shines through.

As a read-aloud book, however, it is difficult to get into a decent rhythm. The prose is laid out to look as though it is rhythmic, so, while reading to my own daughter, I kept feeling off kilter. This may seem like a nitpicky thing to say, but try
Megan MacDonald
Jan 28, 2011 Megan MacDonald rated it really liked it
I love being a big sister too! This book reminded me a lot of my relationship with my little sister and the things we used to do together. Some children get nervous when they are going to have a new brother or sister, but this book describes all the fun things you can do when you have a brother or sister to play with. A very relatable story, especially for young girls, the pictures also do a great job of keeping the reader engaged and seeing all the things little girls spend their time doing. A ...more
Amy
Feb 22, 2014 Amy rated it it was amazing
I love reading this book to both my daughters.
Christine Turner
Aug 20, 2009 Christine Turner rated it really liked it
Shelves: new-baby
A little girl welcomes her new baby sister home from the hospital and takes joy in telling and showing her all the activities and experiences they will share. www.hcpl.net

Note: This book would work well for a child who is about to be a big sister. The illustrations include a lot of pink, which I am not found of, but many children love.
Tricia
Jan 10, 2009 Tricia rated it liked it
this is the only children's picture book written by a famous person that i've actually enjoyed. big sister welcomes her little sister and they have fun doing things that sisters do. the girls loved this book because it was like a snapshot of their lives, really.
Intentional Jen
Jul 31, 2008 Intentional Jen rated it liked it
More credit should be given to the illustrator who drew delightful pictures to accompany this book. I really think that Welcome to Your World, Baby would not have gained notoriety if it was not written by Brooke Shields.
Danica
Mar 15, 2011 Danica rated it it was amazing
This is one of our family's all time favorites! I love the pictures and the two little girls. We read this book all the time, sometimes multiple times a day.
Erin
Feb 05, 2012 Erin rated it it was amazing
My girls and I love this book! Perfect for anyone with two little girls, as they will surely relate to this cute story of sisterly love!
Mallory Hall
Apr 10, 2013 Mallory Hall rated it did not like it
Shelves: toddlers
This was over the top girlie. Everything was pink and tea parties and tiaras and dolls... It made me a little nauseous.
Suzanne
Aug 27, 2008 Suzanne rated it liked it
Simple yet cute story about a big sister's plans for her and her new little sister. Illustrations are adorable.
Brent
May 11, 2012 Brent rated it liked it
Shelves: childrens, poetry
Sweet, and well illustrated: my child loved it. I say it beats the heck out of Billy Joel's similar book.
Kim Hendon
Aug 15, 2008 Kim Hendon rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Sisters
Sydney loves reading this book to Olivia! And it's such a sweet book for sisters
Julie
Jun 01, 2008 Julie rated it it was ok
I felt the text was way too simple but the illustrations are adorable.
Marie
May 08, 2009 Marie rated it it was amazing
Perfectly describes Makenna and Autumn, thanks MOM
Tina Bartholoma
Dec 10, 2009 Tina Bartholoma rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
"poor review, typical for pop-star authors"
Brooke
Jul 23, 2012 Brooke rated it really liked it
Shelves: kiddo-books
pretty good for an actress :)
Rachel
Jun 24, 2008 Rachel rated it liked it
Nice book for siblings.
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2016
Justine Goeden
Justine Goeden rated it really liked it
Mar 03, 2016
Hannah
Hannah rated it it was ok
Feb 03, 2016
Maggie
Maggie added it
Jan 26, 2016
Dorie
Dorie rated it really liked it
Apr 10, 2016
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez rated it it was amazing
Oct 11, 2015
Julian Hermida
Julian Hermida rated it it was amazing
Oct 09, 2015
Stacy Shihadeh
Stacy Shihadeh rated it really liked it
Aug 05, 2015
Molly
Molly rated it really liked it
Jul 28, 2015
Ben Worth
Ben Worth rated it did not like it
Jul 27, 2015
Kelly
Kelly added it
Jul 01, 2015
Deborah Franswah
Deborah Franswah rated it it was amazing
Jun 24, 2015
« previous 1 3 next »
Brooke Christa Camille Shields is an American actress, supermodel and author.
More about Brooke Shields...