Dream a Little Dream

Dream a Little Dream

3.36 of 5 stars 3.36  ·  rating details  ·  119 ratings  ·  13 reviews

For centuries Fair Castle stood proudly on English soil...until an eccentric millionaire bought and transported it, stone by stone, to America. Today, the ancient stronghold is home to his heiress, lovely Elinor MacLeish and her family...and it is also home to the ghosts that refuse to leave their ancestral dwelling.

Willian Braddock, also known as Lord Norwood, was once an
Mass Market Paperback, 354 pages
Published June 15th 1997 by St. Martin's Paperbacks

To ask other readers questions about Dream a Little Dream, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dream a Little Dream

Karen
I originally wrote: "So far, so good. I selected this book as a "nook" book for just 99 cents, so I don't expect to feel that my money was badly spent. I like the characters, and although I am only a few chapters into the book, I am enjoying it. It's very light reading, which is what I wanted right now." Well, I can say the price was certainly right. It wasn't wasted money, but I'd say I got what I paid for--which is not much. It was light, for sure, and so light that it had as much substance as...more
Lisa Van Allen
An authentic medieval castle in the Hudson Valley? Ghosts that talk exclusively in italics? A handsome millionaire Englishman returned to take the castle back? Sometimes, this kind of thing hits the spot. Sometimes, it doesn't.

A quick read, just what I expected it to be. Mostly okay prose. Thin characters. The kind of book you can read with one eye on the TV and not miss a thing.
Cassandra Curtis
Bought this for my new Nook during one of my buying sprees and so glad I did. I loved the whimsical feel to this book and loved the mystery subplot. Nicely placed red herrings. If you like light romance with a mystery subplot, touch of humor, and a sprinkle of paranormal, Dream A Little Dream by Ms. Stockenberg will make you smile.
Laura Hayden
I truly enjoy this author. The characters are fun and I felt the plot was well thought out. The passion was there but there was not as much romance as some of her other books. A great way to spend the weekend.
Kitty
Gave up on this one 1/4 of the way in. It was obvious that the guy and the girl would eventually fall for each other, and I didn't like either one of them. Unusual premise, bad characters.
Karen
Very entertaining but long book. This author is good if you are looking for a romantic novel, but not too romantic and has a nice story. This one didn't disappoint.
Jessica
Very passionate characters, some interesting story lines, but nothing too special.
Tam
Feb 18, 2014 Tam rated it 2 of 5 stars
Shelves: kindle
Eh. Cute title. Story was too predictable for me to get into.
Teresa Lombardo
Personally did not care for this book. It was just okay.
Sue
not the best. bought it because it was 99 cents.
Lynn Pohlman
Her books are always engaging and a quick read.
Darlis
Wonderful mind mush!
Julie
Nice romance
D.
D. marked it as to-read
Aug 28, 2014
Hope Szabo
Hope Szabo marked it as to-read
Aug 10, 2014
Crystal Slater
Crystal Slater marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2014
Caroline Twomey
Caroline Twomey marked it as to-read
Jun 17, 2014
Sue Bailey
Sue Bailey marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2014
Tracy
Tracy added it
Jun 25, 2014
Desi Alonso
Desi Alonso marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2014