Start by marking “Courting Catherine (The Calhouns, #1)” as Want to Read:
Courting Catherine (The Calhouns, #1)

Courting Catherine (The Calhouns #1)

3.95  ·  Rating Details ·  2,763 Ratings  ·  76 Reviews
STRICTLY BUSINESS

All hard-driving executive Trenton St. James III had on his mind was business-making the final arrangements to buy a run-down old mansion on the coast of Maine. He wasn't expecting any complications. And he definitely wasn't expecting anything like Catherine "C. C." Calhoun.

This feisty, independent-minded young woman bristled at the very thought of her fam
Mass Market Paperback, 180 pages
Published June 1st 1991 by Silhouette (first published 1991)

To ask other readers questions about Courting Catherine, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Courting Catherine

Kajol
It didn't have a unique idea, or a daydream of a perfect love story, but the words that were written were as beautiful as any pearls I might have found in the jewels of creativity.

Courting Catherine is a wonderful book that I fell in love with as I turned one page after the other. I loved the concept which was a really amazing one, bringing two different souls together and adding blessings of the spirits of their loved ones who may no longer be alive but still had the enchanting power trappe
Pam
Apr 11, 2015 Pam rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Courting Catherine is by Nora Roberts. It is one of the Calhoun sister’s books. It is a good book and one that if read alone makes perfect sense; but it lacks a little when you have already read the others. You know more of the history of the house and family.
CC Calhoun and her sisters are trying to save The Towers, their home and their heritage. They were brought up here in this house by their Aunt Cora after the sudden death of their parents. Aunt Cora tried her best to keep everything paid u
Jaime
Jul 21, 2009 Jaime rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was one of NR’s Harlequin Silhouette series, so it’s pretty much straight romance. There is a thread of a mystery which is carried through the entire series… What happened to make Bianca (their great-grandmother) kill herself, and where is her famous emerald necklace?… but really the focus of this novel is the relationship between C.C. and Trent. The one thing NR always does so well is create characters that feel so real, they could walk in your front door at any moment. Here she hasn’t cre ...more
Cruth
Author: Nora Roberts
First published: 1991
Length: 150 pages
Setting: Contemporary, 1991. Mount Desert Island off the coast of Maine.
Sex: clean
Hero: Wealthy Real Estate / Hotel Developer.
Heroine: Mechanic

Highly enjoyable story with engaging characters and a good story leading into a 5-book series.

First released in the early 1990's as a Silhouette Romance (#801), Roberts provides a sweet, clean romance with the requisite rapid Love At First Sight, unsure Hero, strong but willing to be swept away her
Alayne
Oct 11, 2016 Alayne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A quick and easy read from Nora Roberts. This is obviously the first in a set, as it ends with the romance sorted but the mystery still unsolved. Enjoyable.
Yoana
Jul 04, 2015 Yoana rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
За жанра си, т.е блудкави любовни истории, е написана добре (но все пак това е Нора Робъртс). Като цяло не бих казала, че е 3 звезди, но гледам да я оценявам в рамките на жанра и.
Ruth Anne
Jan 24, 2017 Ruth Anne rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-nora
Dana Burda
Romanul scriitoarei Nora Roberts a apărut la editura Litera in colectia " Cărți romantice" cu titlul "Curtând-o pe Catherine". Face parte din seria Surorile Calhoun. Un roman plăcut, ușor de citit, cu o frumos dozată poveste de dragoste în care eroii sunt Catherine Colleen Calhoun și Trenton St James al IIIlea. Supranumită și C.C., Catherine este cea mai mică din cele patru surori Calhoun rămase orfane de mici și crescute de mătușa lor, Cordelia Calhoun McPike. Cele patru surori dețin în proprie ...more
Sue Green
A quick read. It was ok, but probably my least favourite Nora Roberts so far.
It lacked depth of character and story in my opinion, but if you want a quick light read it'll be fine.
Julie Allen
Nov 06, 2016 Julie Allen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
a good read.
Andreea
Jan 25, 2017 Andreea rated it it was ok
2,5 o poveste de dragoste draguta, dar cam atat
Maren
Nov 04, 2012 Maren rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In dem ersten Teil, dieser Serie geht es um Trent. Er ist Luxusimmobilienmakler im Hotelgewerbe. Er wird auf eine kleine Insel geschickt, weil es dort ein Gebäude gibt, welches er kaufen und zu einem Hotel umfunktionieren soll. Als er in dem Ort ankommt, geht sein Auto kaputt. Er wird abgeschleppt und zu der Werkstatt von C.C. Calhoun geschickt. Wie sich später rausstellt ist sie eine der Bewohnerinnen von dem Haus, welches Trent kaufen soll. Wie man sich vorstellen kann, gefällt es C.C. überhau ...more
Мая
Jun 08, 2015 Мая rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Приятно, предвидимо и бързо-четивно книжле.

Беше кратичко, но и имаше защо -авторката не се е разпростирала надълго и нашироко върху образите на героите си, а бързичко е нахвърляла сюжет, който е абсолютно прозрачен за читателя, леко вълнуващ и загадъчен в началото, такъв който подпалва любопитството.
Нататък всичко е предвидимо и лесно за отгатване - историята не оставя много празнини, всичко е ясно.

Е, какво да очакваме от няма и 200 странички текст? За няколко часа приключих с него и мога да каж
Marielle
Feb 19, 2015 Marielle rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: a-e-book
This was short, feel-good, entertaining and compelling read.

At a little over 120 pages, there wasn't any room for a slowly developing love story... so yes there is the 'instant spark'-part and the proposal after they've know eachother only three weeks and haven't even had sex yet. But for me the words between the instant-beginning and -ending were very well spend on the free flying hate-sparks and the mistakes the h/h make while trying to resist each other. That dancing around is the part I most
Rie_dominique

Trenton St.James mendatangi Bar Hampton untuk melihat sebuat properti yang hendak dijadikannya sebagai lokasi terbaru hotel St.James. Properti tersebut adalah sebuah manor yang merupakan landmark kota tersebut dan dimiliki oleh keluarga Calhoun yang terdiri dari empat orang gadis dan seorang bibi yang romantis. Dan mereka semua menolak menjual rumah tersebut kepada Trenton.

Ketika sampai di Bar Hampton mobil Trent mogok dan dibawa ke bengkel C.C. Yang tidak diketahuinya adalah C.C merupakan gadis
Pam H
May 15, 2015 Pam H rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: series, k, rich, z2015
When Trenton St James III strolls into the garage to let the mechanic know he can not be left waiting around, he discovers the beautiful Catherine under the chassis of the automobile. Known to friends and family as C.C., she takes one look at the handsome, wealthy hotel owner and takes an instant dislike to him. She gets very agitated when she discovers he is the man who Aunt Coco has invited to bid on the Towers, the family mansion on the coast that is in desperate need of repairs but there are ...more
Kristine Davila
Mar 24, 2016 Kristine Davila rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
4 lovely stars!

if not for the ghost stories and séance activity, I would have given this 5 stars. sorry, I'm just not a fan of ghost stories.

but really, it doesn't stop me from reading this book in just two days. how I love CC, very straightforward and a strong woman. she speaks her mind and knows what she truly wants. as for Trent, he doesn't know what hits him straight in the face and that's what so funny. their love story left me tingly and teary-eyed at the same time fuzzy.

Aunt Coco was one
Brenda
Jul 02, 2015 Brenda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Let the fun begin. The four sisters are losing their home...or are they? They discover there is a lost treasure inside of their home but they are behind on the mortgage and the bank wanted their money. The knight that rode in on his shiny black steed was not wanted as he desired to buy the castle to turn it into a hotel. Leave it to a meddling aunt and a lost treasure to set the wheels moving forward into a love connection...interesting twists turns and conniving throughout the entire book. This ...more
Rita Kayla
Sep 17, 2014 Rita Kayla rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well, as always, it's another Nora Roberts' book that I liked. Nice romance, great plot and a sweet mystery that reunites two people who live in different worlds.
Catherine Calhoun is a mechanic. Well, where else a woman could be a mechanic and still be a woman? (If you know what I mean).
No matter what some people might say, I am very pleased with the "temper" of the Calhouns' women. It is kind of refreshing and original.
This book is easily enjoyable and well once you read it, you will definetely
Vicki
May 02, 2016 Vicki rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
The Calhoun family had lived in the house for generations. They now were five sisters that were wanting to keep the house in the family. When Trenton St. James wants to acquire the house for a hotel, he finds a very stubborn and determined C.C. Calhoun.

I really liked him and she is adorable. She is so strong willed and not always eager to listen to his ideas. This is the beginning of the series about the Calhoun sisters.

There is an ongoing search for a rumored emerald necklace. A great start o
Anna Serra i Vidal
I know I wanted to read romance, I always do during the summer but I discovered this is a 4 book deal trying to hook up the four sisters. In this one, it hooks up practical and hot tempered Catherine to Trent St. James a top notch Boston businessman.
The setting is interesting, The Towers, a historic site in Maine. The characters are cute and lovely in their own way. But the romance felt too rushed. Though, I can't lie to myself, I will be reading to find out what happens to the other sisters an
Cathy
I'd tell people to steer clear of this one because it's the biggest case of insta-love ever, (view spoiler) but at least there some redeeming qualities too. I liked the sisters and aunt Coco a lot; the fact that they had such a strong bond not only with themselves, but with the house.

Other than that, this was way too fast.
Athalia's Athalia's
Lo cierto es que me cuesta dar una opinión sobre este libro. Ha sido muy breve y muy sencillo; introduce una serie de elementos (una casa que se cae a pedazos, un fantasma o no, un tesoro escondido) pero no es más que eso, una introducción enmascarada tras una pareja muy variopinta.

Si queréis ver la reseña: http://libreriaathalias.blogspot.com....
Susan
Jan 29, 2015 Susan rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nora Roberts is great at everything she does, I have never been disappointed in anything she has written. So I was glad when audible had this book added to their selection. I really enjoyed the story of the Calhoun women and the history behind the Towers. Can't wait to find out more about the "emeralds".
Dawn ♥ romance
Jul 11, 2012 Dawn ♥ romance rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A nice story with a fine plot and action but nothing real exciting and after awhile I started to dislike the hero who seemed to be rubbing the heroine's nose in her unrequited love. Business tycoon Trent comes to town to buy C.C.'s home and is surprised when he finds she's the mechanic fixing his car.
Sophie
Catherine is such a head strong girl who is perfectly capably of taking car of herself. When Trent shows up wanting to take her home and turn it into a hotel is hates him automatically. What she didn't know was that that hate would grow to love. As the saying goes 'There's a thin line between love and hate.'
Juliewheatcox.Net
Sep 03, 2016 Juliewheatcox.Net rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved Courting Catherine, but it came to an abrupt end. However, it was intriguing enough to make me want to read the rest of the series to find out what happens next.

French Kiss had a steamy-hot Greek tycoon paired with a brilliant strong-willed, & independent beauty. Need I say more?
Tanya Simon
May 10, 2015 Tanya Simon rated it it was amazing
This series kept interested in the mystery and things not said. However in this book, the romance happen to quickly. They were at such opposing points of view and then, BAM! they were engaged. The saving grace was that I liked the heroine very much!
Rachel
This was a good story not one of Nora's best, but then it is a triology and they are never the best.

I really liked this sisters and and background story of the emeralds. I also like how the Hero (I've forgot his name) redeemed himself.
Andi
Dec 27, 2014 Andi rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Early Nora Roberts book. Light, fun, fast read. Intriguing enough that I'll read the rest of the books in this series, but I knew from the beginning what the end would be, it was just a matter of the twists and turns to get there. Only 1 surprise in the book...
  • The Man Tamer (It's All About Attitude #7)
  • Ryan's Place  (The Devaneys #1)
  • The Official Nora Roberts Companion
  • Wanting Something More (Stepp Sisters Trilogy, #3)
  • Fast Courting
  • Hunting the Demon (Demon Hunters, #2)
  • Coercion to Love
  • Her Bodyguard (Bad Luck Brides, #5)
  • A Callahan Carol
  • At Wicks End (A Candlemaking Mystery, #1)
  • Husband by the Hour (Hometown Heartbreakers, #7)
  • Secret Weapon Spouse (Miami Confidential #1)
  • Claimed By a Scottish Lord (Mystical Bliss, #2)
  • Silent Night (includes In Death, #7.5)
  • Faith (Virtue, #2)
  • The Greek Tycoon's Virgin Wife
  • Lady Margery's Intrigue (Regency Royal, #4)
Nora Roberts is the #1 New York Times bestselling author of more than 200 novels, including The Obsession, The Liar, The Collector, Whiskey Beach and coming in June 2017, Come Sundown. She is also the author of the futuristic suspense In Death series written under the pen name J.D. Robb. There are more than 500 million copies of her books in print.
More about Nora Roberts...

The Calhouns (5 books)
  • A Man for Amanda (Calhouns #2)
  • For the Love of Lilah (Calhouns #3)
  • Suzanna's Surrender (Calhouns #4)
  • Megan's Mate (Calhouns #5)

“Falling in love has nothing to do with time. It can take a year, or an instant. It happens when its ready to happen.” 13 likes