Start by marking “Tyler (Long, Tall Texans, #3)” as Want to Read:
Tyler (Long, Tall Texans, #3)

Tyler (Long, Tall Texans #3)

SWEET-TALKIN' TEXAN

With only a quick glance at Nell Regan, a man might miss the beauty in the shy face, or the sexy figure hidden beneath the shapeless clothes. Nell had learned the hard way the she had nothing to offer a man. Her future was here, running her Arizona dude ranch...alone.

Then Tyler Jacobs arrived...a man who knew what it was like to be alone and alienated.
Paperback, Silhouette Romance, #604, 187 pages
Published October 1st 1988 by Silhouette Books

To ask other readers questions about Tyler, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tyler

Holly
Jun 19, 2010 Holly rated it liked it
May have slight spoilers.

In author Diana Palmer’s third Long, Tall Texans novel, Tyler we get Nell Regan and Tyler Jacobs story.

Tyler has recently lost everything, his wealth, farm and more because of his father’s debts. Now working a new job the boss sends him to be the new foreman of the Double R dude ranch in Arizona. He has just gotten back after taking a day off to go back to Jacobsville and attends his sister Shelly’s wedding to Justin Ballenger.

Tyler has had a hard time of it lately and
Caitlin Wyatt
Dec 22, 2012 Caitlin Wyatt rated it it was amazing
I really liked this one.. I loved the change of location from Jacobsville to Arizona. It made me think happily of Linda Lael Miller who writes about Arizona a lot. I liked Tyler when he was in both Calhoun & Justin's books. It was nice to learn more about him. He turned out to be backward, caring, misguided, & stubborn. He goes out to Arizona to work on a dude ranch. If you have even read on western romance about a legit cowboy rancher you know that he was seriously desperate for a job. ...more
Kari
Mar 01, 2012 Kari rated it did not like it
Shelves: couldn-t-finish
This one ended up being a did not finish for me. It was just too ridiculous or maybe I had had enough of women who get to their 20s and know NOTHING about even kissing a man. Really? I know it was written in the 80s but, come on. Did a woman like Nell really exist in the 80s? It was something I just couldn't get past so I didn't really feel the relationship between Tyler and Nell. I'm this close to calling it quits with this series. If they are all like this, it could get a little tiring.
Griffinyarn
Jun 17, 2014 Griffinyarn rated it liked it
Not a standout Diana Palmer novel. The "conflict" basically consisted of the heroine's insecurities compounded by her overhearing some thoughtless comments made by the hero. (view spoiler) An okay, if forgettable, read.

Recommended for Diana Palmer fans.
Lu Bielefeld *read.laugh.love*
Relido em 5 de junho de 2016
Suze
Feb 02, 2017 Suze rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
TYLER

I wish I had read the first two books in the series first, I might have liked this one better. I did not like the way the main characters spoke to each other; some of it was very mean spirited.
Kathleen
Jan 04, 2017 Kathleen rated it really liked it
Tiene puntos extra porque si yo tuviera que aguantar a Nell, la tiraria por una ventana... http://kathlr95.wix.com/esquinaliteraria
Dani "The REAL Cullens_Girl since 2002"
I am a sucker for a LTT book and loved Tyler in both Calhoun and Justin's story. I am glad to read Tyler's story but this one was a huge disappointment. None of Palmer's love stories are fully believable but this one was straight up terrible. The heroine Nell has absolutely no self esteem and the author didn't give her even an inkling of common sense. It was frustrating to see the heroine put herself down again and again... and I felt her reactions and assumptions too extreme.

I do not recommend
Adriana Fogaça
Jul 03, 2013 Adriana Fogaça rated it it was amazing
Série Homens do Texas 03
Lições Do Coração
Diana Palmer

Adoro o Tyler, mas ele é um piadista, morria de rir quando dizia que era um homem antiquado, um homem a moda antiga. Poupe-me, se formos compará-lo com o Justin, ele é um tarado maníaco sexual. Kkkk...

Tudo bem! Posso estar exagerando, mas continuo rindo. Antiquada sou eu, ele é homem, kkkk... Desculpe me, não consegui resistir!

Digamos então, que o Ty é um homem que tem controle de si mesmo. Mas isso não importa, ele é mesmo um gostosão, com
Julie C-F
I like Tyler and being a gentleman and not taking advantage of Nell's innocence made him even more a character I can hold in esteem. Nell on the other hand is insecure and lacking in self-confidence.

There were dialogues that seemed to be repeated a few times and it is a bit irritating to read.

I hope book #4 will have a glimpse of how this couple will make their dude ranch successful.
Savanah Fahrney-day
Feb 01, 2015 Savanah Fahrney-day rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
This is one of my least favorite Diana Palmer books. Instead of just telling the heroine how he feels, he keeps telling her to figure it out for herself. I understand she has self-esteem issues, but if you love someone you want them to feel secure in that love - not having to second guess themself & you constantly.
Adrienne Myers
Jan 21, 2015 Adrienne Myers rated it it was ok
A 24 yo is dealing with something that happened to her 9 years ago... when she was 15!!! A 20 something guest of the house came to her bed. She started screaming. Does no one other than myself see this as assault (at the minimum)?!?! Ugh.so disappointed in this. Seeing more and more of 'NO' in these books but it is explained away.
Dewi Read
May 10, 2011 Dewi Read rated it it was ok
keciiiiiiwa..... dari awal sampe akhir yang ditunggu2 tak ada muncul scene yg dinanti2...ada apa niiiih DP.....
Gail A Ostrove
Apr 16, 2016 Gail A Ostrove rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kept you guessing until the end.

I would recommend this book to other people who have been waiting to find out how her man really feels.
Laura Calderone
Feb 29, 2016 Laura Calderone rated it really liked it
Amatoriale
Tyler Jacobs e Nell Regan (fratello di Shelby)
sono i nipoti del fondatori di Jacobsville
Mimna
Oct 17, 2012 Mimna rated it liked it
นางเอกงองแงง พระเอกกไมยอมบอกความรูสึกใหชัวรซะทีเพราะอยากใหนางเอกไวใจเขาดวยตัวเอง เลยทำใหนนางเอกเสียเซฟไปคอนเรือง

สนุกคะ จีดๆหัวใจตามแบบ Diana Palmer
แนวเดียวกะลินนเลย
Cecil
Feb 18, 2015 Cecil rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, vaqueros
Fue bueno, aunque la actitud de Nell era desesperante... el libro te atrapa asi como todos los demás. Seguiré con el siguiente :)
Natalya
Oct 04, 2014 Natalya rated it it was ok
Shelves: abandoned, nook
Abandoned on 50/123. Nell being childishly insecure gave Tyler's attentions to her a pervy feel. Not badly written, but the story turned me off.
Elizabeth Hallaron
Elizabeth Hallaron rated it really liked it
Sep 03, 2014
Marsie
Marsie rated it really liked it
Oct 09, 2014
Charity
Charity rated it really liked it
Feb 14, 2013
Dal
Dal rated it it was amazing
Nov 28, 2012
Alissa
Alissa rated it liked it
Jun 19, 2010
Mycirenae Shelton
Mycirenae Shelton rated it really liked it
Jul 12, 2013
Carol Dufford
Carol Dufford rated it really liked it
Jul 04, 2011
MaryAnn Carlson
MaryAnn Carlson rated it it was amazing
Jan 10, 2017
Mariateresa Carone
Mariateresa Carone rated it really liked it
Oct 28, 2015
Cj
Cj rated it really liked it
Feb 04, 2011
Mary-kathleen
Mary-kathleen rated it it was amazing
Oct 26, 2014
  • Ms. Match (The Wrong Bed #49)
  • Marriage on Demand (Hometown Heartbreakers, #2)
  • The Perfect Wife
  • True to the Law (Bitter Springs #2)
  • Scoundrel (Montagues, #3)
  • Hard to Get (Games, #3)
  • Special Agent's Surrender
  • The Italian's Ruthless Marriage Bargain
  • The Wives of Bowie Stone
  • Return Engagement
  • Stay...
  • Springwater Seasons (Springwater, #2-5)
  • Claimed! (Sons of Chance, #3)
  • Run Among Thorns
  • Beloved Vagabond
  • The Doctor's Wife
  • Master of Passion
  • Hot Chocolate (included: Winston Brothers, #1)

Diana Palmer is a pseudonym for author Susan Kyle.

(1)romance author
Susan Eloise Spaeth was born on 11 December 1946 in Cuthbert, Georgia, USA. She was the eldest daughter of Maggie Eloise Cliatt, a nurse and also journalist, and William Olin Spaeth, a college professor. Her mother was part of the women's libera
More about Diana Palmer...

Long, Tall Texans (1 - 10 of 47 books)
  • Calhoun (Long, Tall Texans, #1)
  • Justin (Long, Tall Texans, #2)
  • Sutton's Way  (Long, Tall Texans, #4)
  • Ethan (Long, Tall Texans, #5)
  • Connal (Long, Tall Texans, #6)
  • Harden (Long, Tall Texans #7)
  • Evan (Long, Tall Texans, #8)
  • Donavan (Long, tall Texans, #9)
  • Emmett (Long, Tall Texans, #10)
  • Regan's Pride (Long, Tall Texans, #11)