Start by marking “Tyler (Long, Tall Texans, #3)” as Want to Read:
Tyler (Long, Tall Texans, #3)

Tyler (Long, Tall Texans #3)

3.87 of 5 stars 3.87  ·  rating details  ·  539 ratings  ·  12 reviews
SWEET-TALKIN' TEXAN

With only a quick glance at Nell Regan, a man might miss the beauty in the shy face, or the sexy figure hidden beneath the shapeless clothes. Nell had learned the hard way the she had nothing to offer a man. Her future was here, running her Arizona dude ranch...alone.

Then Tyler Jacobs arrived...a man who knew what it was like to be alone and alienated.
Mass Market Paperback, Silhouette Romance, #604, 187 pages
Published September 1st 1988 by Silhouette Books (first published December 12th 1931)

To ask other readers questions about Tyler, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tyler

Holly
May have slight spoilers.

In author Diana Palmer’s third Long, Tall Texans novel, Tyler we get Nell Regan and Tyler Jacobs story.

Tyler has recently lost everything, his wealth, farm and more because of his father’s debts. Now working a new job the boss sends him to be the new foreman of the Double R dude ranch in Arizona. He has just gotten back after taking a day off to go back to Jacobsville and attends his sister Shelly’s wedding to Justin Ballenger.

Tyler has had a hard time of it lately and
Katy Rustemeyer
I really liked this one.. I loved the change of location from Jacobsville to Arizona. It made me think happily of Linda Lael Miller who writes about Arizona a lot. I liked Tyler when he was in both Calhoun & Justin's books. It was nice to learn more about him. He turned out to be backward, caring, misguided, & stubborn. He goes out to Arizona to work on a dude ranch. If you have even read on western romance about a legit cowboy rancher you know that he was seriously desperate for a job. ...more
Griffinyarn
Not a standout Diana Palmer novel. The "conflict" basically consisted of the heroine's insecurities compounded by her overhearing some thoughtless comments made by the hero. (view spoiler) An okay, if forgettable, read.

Recommended for Diana Palmer fans.
Dani "The REAL Cullens_Girl since 2002"
I am a sucker for a LTT book and loved Tyler in both Calhoun and Justin's story. I am glad to read Tyler's story but this one was a huge disappointment. None of Palmer's love stories are fully believable but this one was straight up terrible. The heroine Nell has absolutely no self esteem and the author didn't give her even an inkling of common sense. It was frustrating to see the heroine put herself down again and again... and I felt her reactions and assumptions too extreme.

I do not recommend
Adriana Fogaça
Série Homens do Texas 03
Lições Do Coração
Diana Palmer

Adoro o Tyler, mas ele é um piadista, morria de rir quando dizia que era um homem antiquado, um homem a moda antiga. Poupe-me, se formos compará-lo com o Justin, ele é um tarado maníaco sexual. Kkkk...

Tudo bem! Posso estar exagerando, mas continuo rindo. Antiquada sou eu, ele é homem, kkkk... Desculpe me, não consegui resistir!

Digamos então, que o Ty é um homem que tem controle de si mesmo. Mas isso não importa, ele é mesmo um gostosão, com
Natalya
Abandoned on 50/123. Nell being childishly insecure gave Tyler's attentions to her a pervy feel. Not badly written, but the story turned me off.
Kari
This one ended up being a did not finish for me. It was just too ridiculous or maybe I had had enough of women who get to their 20s and know NOTHING about even kissing a man. Really? I know it was written in the 80s but, come on. Did a woman like Nell really exist in the 80s? It was something I just couldn't get past so I didn't really feel the relationship between Tyler and Nell. I'm this close to calling it quits with this series. If they are all like this, it could get a little tiring.
Julie C-f
I like Tyler and being a gentleman and not taking advantage of Nell's innocence made him even more a character I can hold in esteem. Nell on the other hand is insecure and lacking in self-confidence.

There were dialogues that seemed to be repeated a few times and it is a bit irritating to read.

I hope book #4 will have a glimpse of how this couple will make their dude ranch successful.
Rosi López
Tyler is just... perfect!
Dewi Read
keciiiiiiwa..... dari awal sampe akhir yang ditunggu2 tak ada muncul scene yg dinanti2...ada apa niiiih DP.....
Mimna
นางเอกง้องแง้ง พระเอกก็ไม่ยอมบอกความรู้สึกให้ชัวร์ซะทีเพราะอยากให้นางเอกไว้ใจเขาด้วยตัวเอง เลยทำให้นนางเอกเสียเซฟไปค่อนเรื่อง

สนุกค่ะ จี๊ดๆหัวใจตามแบบ Diana Palmer
แนวเดียวกะลินน์เลย
Anita Potter
Anita Potter marked it as to-read
Dec 22, 2014
Barbara Bland
Barbara Bland marked it as to-read
Dec 13, 2014
Joelle.bcn
Joelle.bcn marked it as to-read
Dec 11, 2014
KH
KH added it
Dec 04, 2014
Pam
Pam marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2014
Line Larsen
Line Larsen marked it as to-read
Nov 19, 2014
  • Montana Sunset: Mitchell's Story
  • True to the Law (Bitter Springs #2)
  • Marriage on Demand (Silhouette Special Edition, #939)
  • The Perfect Wife
  • Hard to Get (Games, #3)
  • The Women of Primrose Creek (Includes: 1-4: Bridget/Christy/Skye/Megan) (Omnibus)
  • Ms. Match (Harlequin Blaze, #424)
  • Scoundrel (Montagues, #3)
  • Claimed! (Sons of Chance, #3)
  • Run Among Thorns
  • The Wives of Bowie Stone
  • The Doctor's Wife
  • Lords of Love: A Perfect Scoundrel
  • Dirty Secrets (Romantic Suspense, #4.5)
  • Hot Pink

(1)romance author
Susan Eloise Spaeth was born on 11 December 1946 in Cuthbert, Georgia, USA. She was the eldest daughter of Maggie Eloise Cliatt, a nurse and also journalist, and William Olin Spaeth, a college professor. Her mother was part of the women's liberation movement many years before it became fashionab
More about Diana Palmer...
Lawless Heartless (Long, Tall Texans, #36) Lawman (STP - Mira) Fearless (Long, Tall Texans, #35) Dangerous (Long, Tall Texans, #37)