Start by marking “Tyler (Long, Tall Texans, #3)” as Want to Read:
Tyler (Long, Tall Texans, #3)

Tyler (Long, Tall Texans #3)

3.89 of 5 stars 3.89  ·  rating details  ·  600 ratings  ·  15 reviews
SWEET-TALKIN' TEXAN

With only a quick glance at Nell Regan, a man might miss the beauty in the shy face, or the sexy figure hidden beneath the shapeless clothes. Nell had learned the hard way the she had nothing to offer a man. Her future was here, running her Arizona dude ranch...alone.

Then Tyler Jacobs arrived...a man who knew what it was like to be alone and alienated.
Mass Market Paperback, Silhouette Romance, #604, 187 pages
Published September 1st 1988 by Silhouette Books

To ask other readers questions about Tyler, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Tyler

Holly
May have slight spoilers.

In author Diana Palmer’s third Long, Tall Texans novel, Tyler we get Nell Regan and Tyler Jacobs story.

Tyler has recently lost everything, his wealth, farm and more because of his father’s debts. Now working a new job the boss sends him to be the new foreman of the Double R dude ranch in Arizona. He has just gotten back after taking a day off to go back to Jacobsville and attends his sister Shelly’s wedding to Justin Ballenger.

Tyler has had a hard time of it lately and
Katy Rustemeyer
I really liked this one.. I loved the change of location from Jacobsville to Arizona. It made me think happily of Linda Lael Miller who writes about Arizona a lot. I liked Tyler when he was in both Calhoun & Justin's books. It was nice to learn more about him. He turned out to be backward, caring, misguided, & stubborn. He goes out to Arizona to work on a dude ranch. If you have even read on western romance about a legit cowboy rancher you know that he was seriously desperate for a job. ...more
Griffinyarn
Not a standout Diana Palmer novel. The "conflict" basically consisted of the heroine's insecurities compounded by her overhearing some thoughtless comments made by the hero. (view spoiler) An okay, if forgettable, read.

Recommended for Diana Palmer fans.
Dani "The REAL Cullens_Girl since 2002"
I am a sucker for a LTT book and loved Tyler in both Calhoun and Justin's story. I am glad to read Tyler's story but this one was a huge disappointment. None of Palmer's love stories are fully believable but this one was straight up terrible. The heroine Nell has absolutely no self esteem and the author didn't give her even an inkling of common sense. It was frustrating to see the heroine put herself down again and again... and I felt her reactions and assumptions too extreme.

I do not recommend
Adrienne Myers
A 24 yo is dealing with something that happened to her 9 years ago... when she was 15!!! A 20 something guest of the house came to her bed. She started screaming. Does no one other than myself see this as assault (at the minimum)?!?! Ugh.so disappointed in this. Seeing more and more of 'NO' in these books but it is explained away.
Savanah Fahrney-day
This is one of my least favorite Diana Palmer books. Instead of just telling the heroine how he feels, he keeps telling her to figure it out for herself. I understand she has self-esteem issues, but if you love someone you want them to feel secure in that love - not having to second guess themself & you constantly.
Adriana Fogaça
Série Homens do Texas 03
Lições Do Coração
Diana Palmer

Adoro o Tyler, mas ele é um piadista, morria de rir quando dizia que era um homem antiquado, um homem a moda antiga. Poupe-me, se formos compará-lo com o Justin, ele é um tarado maníaco sexual. Kkkk...

Tudo bem! Posso estar exagerando, mas continuo rindo. Antiquada sou eu, ele é homem, kkkk... Desculpe me, não consegui resistir!

Digamos então, que o Ty é um homem que tem controle de si mesmo. Mas isso não importa, ele é mesmo um gostosão, com
Natalya
Abandoned on 50/123. Nell being childishly insecure gave Tyler's attentions to her a pervy feel. Not badly written, but the story turned me off.
Cecil
Fue bueno, aunque la actitud de Nell era desesperante... el libro te atrapa asi como todos los demás. Seguiré con el siguiente :)
Kari
This one ended up being a did not finish for me. It was just too ridiculous or maybe I had had enough of women who get to their 20s and know NOTHING about even kissing a man. Really? I know it was written in the 80s but, come on. Did a woman like Nell really exist in the 80s? It was something I just couldn't get past so I didn't really feel the relationship between Tyler and Nell. I'm this close to calling it quits with this series. If they are all like this, it could get a little tiring.
Julie C-f
I like Tyler and being a gentleman and not taking advantage of Nell's innocence made him even more a character I can hold in esteem. Nell on the other hand is insecure and lacking in self-confidence.

There were dialogues that seemed to be repeated a few times and it is a bit irritating to read.

I hope book #4 will have a glimpse of how this couple will make their dude ranch successful.
Rosi López
Tyler is just... perfect!
Dewi Read
keciiiiiiwa..... dari awal sampe akhir yang ditunggu2 tak ada muncul scene yg dinanti2...ada apa niiiih DP..... ...more
Mimna
นางเอกงองแงง พระเอกกไมยอมบอกความรูสึกใหชัวรซะทีเพราะอยากใหนางเอกไวใจเขาดวยตัวเอง เลยทำใหนนางเอกเสียเซฟไปคอนเรือง

สนุกคะ จีดๆหัวใจตามแบบ Diana Palmer
แนวเดียวกะลินนเลย
Donna
Donna marked it as to-read
May 01, 2015
kellie
kellie marked it as to-read
Apr 28, 2015
Stephanie
Stephanie is currently reading it
Apr 22, 2015
Enza
Enza marked it as to-read
Apr 15, 2015
Katie Bowers
Katie Bowers marked it as to-read
Apr 13, 2015
Biba
Biba marked it as to-read
Apr 19, 2015
  • True to the Law (Bitter Springs #2)
  • The Perfect Wife
  • Marriage on Demand (Hometown Heartbreakers, #2)
  • Scoundrel (Montagues, #3)
  • Hard to Get (Games, #3)
  • Ms. Match (Harlequin Blaze, #424)
  • Springwater Seasons (Springwater, #2-5)
  • The Devil in a Stetson
  • Run Among Thorns
  • Claimed! (Sons of Chance, #3)
  • The Wives of Bowie Stone
  • Lovers Destined
  • A Perfect Scoundrel
  • Dirty Secrets (Romantic Suspense, #4.5)
  • The Doctor's Wife

(1)romance author
Susan Eloise Spaeth was born on 11 December 1946 in Cuthbert, Georgia, USA. She was the eldest daughter of Maggie Eloise Cliatt, a nurse and also journalist, and William Olin Spaeth, a college professor. Her mother was part of the women's liberation movement many years before it became fashionab
More about Diana Palmer...

Long, Tall Texans (1 - 10 of 47 books)
  • The Founding Father (Long, Tall Texans, #0)
  • Calhoun (Long, Tall Texans, #1)
  • Justin (Long, Tall Texans, #2)
  • Sutton's Way  (Long, Tall Texans, #4)
  • Ethan (Long, Tall Texans, #5)
  • Connal (Long, Tall Texans, #6)
  • Harden (Long, Tall Texans #7)
  • Evan (Long, Tall Texans, #8)
  • Donavan (Long, tall Texans, #9)
  • Emmett (Long, Tall Texans, #10)
Lawless Heartless (Long, Tall Texans, #36) Lawman (STP - Mira) Fearless (Long, Tall Texans, #35) Dangerous (Long, Tall Texans, #37)