10 Ways to Handle the Best Man

10 Ways to Handle the Best Man

3.61 of 5 stars 3.61  ·  rating details  ·  92 ratings  ·  33 reviews
The maid of honor's to-do list for handling the best man:

#1 Charm him.
#2 Find out everything about him from friends and family.
#3 Size definitely matters: especially when it comes to the ego. Tread carefully if he has a big one....

Sabrina Millard has a plan and a list for everything, including her role as maid of honor at her BFF's wedding. The best man is a whole differen...more
Published January 14th 2014 by Cosmo Red Hot Reads from Harlequin (first published January 1st 2014)

Fiona Marsden
This was a great read with heaps going on despite the short format. Connor is a best man to die for with lots of complexity for our heroine Bree to uncover and boy does she uncover.

Bree is the super efficient Maid of Honour who always gets the job because she is so good at it. What she doesn't count on is the Bride deciding to give her the king of bedroom games as a gift to help her get over her skeezy ex. The half brother of the groom, Connor has history that makes his inclusion at the wedding...more
Shanna
Yes I gave a novella 5 stars, and here are the 10 reasons why:

1. Sabrina is a kick-ass leading lady Apart from being way more organized and caring than any one person should be, I love how Sabrina was just honest about everything in this book, she made sure her feelings and intentions were known at all times.

2. Conner Just so sweet and so sexy, and amazing he deserves and entire book, they deserve an entire book.

3. Conner's awesome manhood Libby called it awesome, Sabrina called it spect...more
Nicole Sobon
I really enjoyed this short read.
It was both sexy and sweet, and even though I didn't care for Connor in the beginning, I finished the story loving him.

10 WAYS TO HANDLE THE BEST MAN does follow a lot of the usual cliches. Sabrina is the good girl - a "vanilla girl", as branded by Connor, who is the playboy. The usual. But honestly, I didn't mind the cliches with this novella. In fact, they actually kind of worked.

Connor comes off as a bit of a jerk in the beginning. Okay, not a bit. A huge jer...more
Lexie
This third Cosmo Red Hot Reads has convinced me this subcategory of Harlequin is NOT for me. At all.

+++

Here's what I liked - ...

Okay actually I don't think I liked much of anything in this book. Here's the thing - I am not against one night stands, flings, kinky times in the bedroom, hooking up, or being open about your sexuality. My problem lay in the fact that Connor didn't seem to understand there's a time and place for them. At the dinner rehearsal for your younger brother's wedding? Not so...more
Abby Green
This is one smoking hot sexy January read. Connor* is to die for bad boy scrumptious, and Sabrina is every inch his counterpart - deliciously curvy and sexy without realizing it, and ever so slightly uptight, and just waiting to be ruffled up by someone who knows just how.
This novella has to be the template for all Cosmo Red Hot Reads - it perfectly encapsulates the genre. A fast-paced story, well rounded and believable characters that you really fall for, and enough scorchio sex scenes to keep...more
Marita
I thought this was a really fun and hot short read. The chemistry between the H/h was off-the-charts and all the dirty talk was ridiculously sexy. Only to be outdone by all the dirty sex of course :D

While I freely admit the idea of him playing with her under the table at her BFF's rehearsal dinner WITH HER BFF FULLY AWARE OF WHAT'S GOING ON was a bit o.O it still didn't pull me out of the story.

I loved the dialogue between her and her BFF and could honestly have read a book just full of them ban...more
Books With
The benefits of reading 10 Ways to Handle the Best Man:

This book presents a benefit to the romance readers who enjoy a story set in a foreign country. Connor McCoy travels from New York to England to attend his half-brother’s wedding and encounters the maid-of-honor and wedding planner, Sabrina Millard. Her take charge attitude rubs him the wrong way and they clash from the start. The fact that they are attracted to each other just adds to the conflict and sexual tension.

The author came up with...more
Guilty Pleasures
Slick‘s review posted on Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

Review copy provided for an honest review

4.5 STARS

10 Ways To Handle The Best Man is another fine offering from Cosmo’s Red-Hot Reads by Harlequin. Yes it’s short, and there isn’t a build up to a relationship, and this is truly just the beginning of this couple’s story, but oh what a beginning it is! Maid of Honor Sabrina Millard is in charge of keeping Best Man and half brother of the groom, Connor McCoy, in line for the wedding of her best f...more
Cassandra O'Leary
This was a quick, hot and spicy read, just like the relationship between the main characters, Sabrina and Connor. Poor Sabrina has been without love for about a year and suffering from a lack-lustre lovelife for far longer. Sabrina's best friend is getting married and gives her the 'gift' of Connor, the best man and Sabrina's wedding party partner in her role as maid of honour.

Heidi Rice has such an engaging writing style that she pulls you in to the story, as though you the reader are one of th...more
Kate Dirty Girls' Good Books
10 Ways to Handle the Best Man by Heidi Rice
B-, blaze, mild kink, contemp

Sabrina Millard has taken on the monumental task of organizing her best friend's wedding, including the groom's half-brother Connor McCoy. But can Connor and Sabrina control the sparks flying between them until after the wedding?

If you're looking for a low-conflict, fun and flirty read, this is the one. Right from the start, you get the tension that develops between Connor and Sabrina. With phrases such as "orgasma-geddon"...more
Erica
Ahhh, I loved this one so hard! It was so stinking cute! Sabrina and Connor are the perfect pair, and I didn't want to put 10 Ways to Handle the Best Man down for a moment!

Brace yourself, since Heidi Rice steams up the pages big time. The chemistry between Sabrina and Connor is positively scorching and man do they heat up the pages. I love any story centered around weddings, and Heidi Rice does the trope justice with this little tale of a maid of honor and best man.

The characters are wonderful...more
Janet
It takes a really talented author to balance story, character development and sex in novella format and not have any area suffer. Heidi Rice is definitely up to the challenge. She has given readers a hot, short, sexy read with multi dimensional characters that will engage your emotions, a well plotted story and oh yeah, passionate sex scenes that move the story along. 10 WTHTBM was great fun to read.
*I received my copy from NetGalley.com in exchange for an honest review.
M.L. Smith
I loved this hot read and the chemistry between Connor and Sabrina is sizzling. Connor is a gift from the bride to be and what a gift! The build up to the bedroom is delicious and the inner conflict they both experience is well written. I love the authors style of writing - It's sexy fun and young. Highly recommended!
Ipshita Ranjana
10 Ways to Handle the Best Man by Heidi Rice delivers everything you expect from a Cosmo Red Hot Read. Connor is a sexy, successful and self made business man with an unhappy childhood. He is an arrogant playboy with all the bad boy qualities but despite his faults, you just can’t help loving (or lusting after) him. Sabrina Millard is the ultimate good girl with an I-can-fix-everything attitude and a carefully planned life. I loved her because she is confident and holds her own against Connor. W...more
Diah Didi
I'm not really into BDSM thing, but I really enjoyed reading this one.
You got a glimpse how the two met in the past, how the chemistry worked just fine but both of them tried to ignore it. And 5 years later, bam! The chemistry between Sabrina and Connor was pretty intense. The whole thing at the wedding party, oh, howt!
I wasn't sure what to expect at the ending, except that I felt something's missing. Nevertheless, I really enjoyed it.
Nakeesha
Fully developed storyline and characters in such a short span of pages. The coitus was wicked! The end was a bit melodramatic for me. At the same time I appreciated the depth it gave to our hero.
Danielle
Pleasantly surprised by how much I liked this. I'm not usually one for short stories or novella's but I was intrigued by this ones premise. I do wish it was longer but that is only because I would love to see the author explore the relationship between the characters. I loved the chemistry between Sabrina and Connor. They have sparks and are definitely hot together.

If the other Cosmo Red Hot Reads are as good as this one, I'm definitely going to have to check them out.
Natalie
Cute little story....really enjoyed the ending....felt realistic but still a hea!!!!
Elisha Heebner
This was a delightful novella about Sabrina (a planner and maid of honor at her BFF's wedding) and Connor (the ultimate bad boy who wants to be good) and their relationship as it unfolds during the wedding week.

I loved that each chapter had a title with a rule on handling the best man. This was a fun way to not only get to know the characters but to actually see how each rule applied (or maybe didn't apply) to an actual event of the main characters life.

My favorite part of the book was the sex...more
Lisa stephenson
enjoyed it, was really cheeky and Connor was such a alpha. The ending was okay wish there was a little more on how it ended.
CL (www.loveisastateofmind.net)
Things to love about Heidi Rice's latest

1. Yay for Maid of HONOUR (I love Americans but what have they got against the letter 'U'?!)
2. It is set in London so on my daily commute into work I can pretend that there is a sexy Hero waiting for me
3. The F word. "I happen to know you fancy him" (Totally British)
4. "And you only get arsy with guys when you want to shag them." (See above)
5. It is scorching hot.
Slick
A 4.5 star read for me. I loved the characters and their unlikely union. This books was fun and very sexy and their text messages pretty priceless. Longer review coming soon to Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews.
Theresa
This book was one hot sexy read.
Sharon Redfern
Very spicy! Quick but fun read.
Marissa Miller
It was a great story. I just wish it was longer!
Maggie

I have kind of mixed feelings about this one. I really like stories where people meet at weddings (hello, why does this never happen to me?), but it took me a really long time to click with this one. When we first meet Sabrina and Conner she's the type-A, controlling maid-of-honor and he's the doesn't care sexy best man. They don't like each other, but the attraction is there and the bride wants them to hook up on the wedding night. Since it's a novella the story mostly revolves around...more
NixLapi
Landslide
*I received this book from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review*

Sabrina Millard is a perfectionist and a control freak. That’s why the role of maid of honor suits her so well. She’s the perfect person to insure her best friend’s wedding goes exactly as planned. Her only problem is the groom’s best man, Connor McCoy, who seems determined to make her life difficult and refuses to dance the second dance with her, as is expected of them. As if all the stress that comes with being the maid of h...more
Lucie Fuentes
A nice and light romance.

Objectively, I have nothing against this pleasant romance. It's fun and easy to read.

The sex scenes between Sabrina and Connor put fire to the bedroom... And the foreplay, whenever they teased themselves are particularly well written with sexyness and intensity.

However, I found a little lacking in the plot has nothing new is proposed even if there is some great potential.
For example, Connor has a complicated and interesting past, but the author does not make us go insid...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
My name's Heidi Rice, I'm a USA Today Bestselling author (because one of my books once hit no. 100 on the list! But it still counts!) I'm married with two teenage sons (which gives me rather too much of an insight into the male psyche!). I also work as a film journalist and I was born in Notting Hill in West London (before it became as chi-chi as it is in the film starring Hugh Grant!) and I now l...more
More about Heidi Rice...
Maid of Dishonor (The Wedding Season, #3) One Night, So Pregnant! (Brothers & Sisters, #4) Pleasure, Pregnancy and a Proposition (Harlequin Presents #2809) Surf, Sea And A Sexy Stranger (Modern Heat) (Brothers & Sisters, #1) The Tycoon's Very Personal Assistant