Start by marking “Forgetful Bride (Harlequin Romance, No. 3166)” as Want to Read:
Forgetful Bride (Harlequin Romance, No. 3166)

Forgetful Bride (Harlequin Romance, No. 3166)

3.86 of 5 stars 3.86  ·  rating details  ·  446 ratings  ·  44 reviews

Caitlin Marshall's trying to go home to Minnesota for Christmas, but at the last minute she gives her airline ticket to a stranded soldier. So Cait spends the holidays with Joe Rockwell, who was a childhood friend – and is still a terrible tease, claiming that Cait's his wife. Oh, sure, they were "married" in a pretend ceremony when she was eight, but now Joe wants to make

Published November 1st 1991 by Harlequin (first published 1991)

To ask other readers questions about Forgetful Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Forgetful Bride

Emily Higgins
Cait's brother and Joe had been childhood friends. Joe and Cait met again when Joe's construction company was remodeling the offices where Cait worked. Joe had to work really hard to convince Cait that she loved him, not her boss. Short story.
Trading Christmas is a novel by Debbie Macomber. The book also includes a preview of Christmas on Icicle Lane by Sheila Roberts as well as the novel The Forgetful Bride by Debbie Macomber. All three are quite fun to read, especially during the holiday season. They are Debbie Macomber at her best.
Trading Christmas has Emily Springer trading houses with Professor Charles Brewster in Boston. Emily wants to spend Christmas with her daughter Heather; but Heather has decided not to come home in orde
Judi Daubitz
I loved the two main characters!

I loved the two main characters!

I enjoyed this sometimes funny romantic book.I really loved the character Joe, he's wit and personality are great as is Caitlin. I found that once I put it down, I couldn't wait to pick it up again to see what happened next. This was a really good read.
Jan Mcleod
This is a really cute romantic comedy that made me laugh time and time again. Cait has known Joe since she was 8 and he was 10 when they "got married" so he could kiss her!
twenty years later, Joe owns a construction company that is remodeling Cait's office. He is full of mischief and a big tease and often embarrasses Cait by reminding her, and telling others, that he and Cait are married. He is in love with her and hopes she'll fall on love with him as they spend a great deal of time together.
OK, I suppose I shouldn't give it a 4. The character development was a little weak, the writing not that sophisticated. But, hey, this was a nice, sweet, happy romance; easy, fluffy, and leaving you feeling good, so I want to give it a 4! It was a little silly, and a little outdated (copyright 1991!) but oh, so enjoyable. Romantic, not risqué or raunchy, no bad language! Though set in the 90's it seemed almost like a nice old-fashioned romantic comedy movie plot from the heyday of Hollywood, so ...more
Kari Anderson

When Caitlin Marshall was eight years old, one of her brother’s friends, Joe, wanted to kiss her. Well she was a respectable young girl and wouldn’t kiss a boy until she got married. So at age eight and ten, Cait and Joe got married.

Twenty years later, Caitlin is a successful stockbroker. She has all but forgotten about Joe Crocker and has set her sights on her boss. Problem is that he only seems to notice her for her work ethic.

A construction crew is doing some work in Caitlin’s office and the
When Caitlin eight years old, her brother's best friend, Joe, age ten, wants to see what it's like to kiss a girl, but Cait believes girls and boys should not kiss unless they're married. So she insists the boys go through a pretend ceremony first. All for a quick peck on the lips.

Twenty years later, Caitlin is a successful stockbroker, desperately in love with her boss, who pays no attention to her at all and seems to be completely oblivious to her feelings. The office is being remodeled, and
This holiday short story is about childhood friends Cait and Joe. Cait and Joe make a deal to exchange baseball cards for a wedding & kiss. Years later when they have become adults Joe and Cait meet again when Joe (construction worker) begins work on Cait’s office (stockbroker). Cait is in no mood for Joe’s attention because she is in love with her boss, Paul. The three become in-tangled in a humorous cat and mouse game during the holiday season. Cait is stubborn, self-absorbed, and extremel ...more
Barbara Tifft
In a way it isn't fair for me to rate romance as it isn't my preferred genre, but as an aspiring writer, I read it because it came with my free copy of Trading Christmas, also be Debbie Macomber.

Like most of the romances I have read, it was predictable. But this one was also fun, and I really liked the main character and her friend. I probably won't remember it in a year, but not every book has to provoke deep thoughts to be enjoyable. It was a nice, safe escape.
Cait is a stockbroker but when she was 8 her brother and his friend Joseph wanted to find out what a kiss was about. So they got her to kiss Joseph only after the required marriage ceremony performed by her brother. Years later, at her high powered job, she is head over heels in love with her boss. And due to construction shares his office. There is also a snag, the construction boss is Joseph. She starts spending time with him hoping to make her boss jealous. Her friend Lindy listens to her com ...more
A heartwarming romance. Cait's brother's best friend when they were growing up was Joe. When Cait was 8 years old Joe wanted to kiss her to see what kissing was about but Cait said they had to be married first. So her brother got the bible and married them. Now years later Joe shows up at Cait's offices to do a remodel. Joe remembers Cait because he has been in love with her but she does not remember him at first. Joe keeps teasing her about being married. Cait and Joe keep spending more time to ...more
Such a romantic sweet story, Can I have a Joe Rockwell?:) Debbie wrote everyone so wonderfully, everyone was fleshed out and had their own distinct personalities... though a few times I wanted to shake Cait to wake her up in regards to Paul.

I loved how miss macomber showed Csitlin and Joe progressing from friendship to "more", those two will make you smile and laugh quite a few times... I had a suspicion what was going on with Lindy and was eager to see how it all played out.

Caitlin does somethi
Gag me with a spoon! I've NEVER read a book with such a horrible, unlikable, unrealistic and STUPID character! So because I disliked her so, I have to take points off the decent male lead for WANTING her. Gah!
There is nothing better than a Debbie Macomber story filled with love and romance and happiness. This is aquick read that just makes you feel good when your done.
I enjoyed this Christmas story. It is about a girl in her twenties that thinks she has everything but the guy. Then a guy she she knows from childhood comes back into her life and turns her life upside down. I really enjoyed and it made me laugh in some parts.
A very simple story and might have been fine, had the main character not been so dumb and dislikable.
Dixie-lee Campbell
I enjoyed this book very much & also enjoyed reading the original book.
Don Nelson
Cait works over Christmas and meet her husband, again
awesome short story for romantics. quick but great read.
Amy Kitchell-Leighty
I was bored and needed something to read.
Brittney Musick
This is a book I picked up on a whim after reading the summary. While the story didn't turn out to be quite what I was expecting, it was still a cute, quick read. It had a bit of a holiday theme but nothing too over the top, which suited my mood perfectly. I think this was a good book to introduce me to Debbie Macomber's work, and I look forward to reading more from her in the coming year.
Although the back cover is a bit misleading (the character doesn't even get to the airport until nearly the end) I loved the story. The characters were very cute and frustrating :). So I may have been drawn by the "home for minnesota" tag since that is my plan this year it kept me because of the nice, cozy story.
I love this book! It made me laugh almost the entire time, especially when Joe and Caitlin bantering with each other, or when Joe started telling everybody that they were "married". Hilarious!
This is better than a 3 star but not quite a 4 star ... So 3.5 it is!

Very cute and very predictable ... Cait could be frustrating to read about at times.. But I really liked her anyway :-)
This was a short fun and humorous romance. Like the other reviewers, I would have liked to slap some sense into Caitlin, for being so dense.
The forgetful bride was an okay book. I think you would need to be in the right mood to read this book. It is highly predictable and very fluffy.
What a wonderful romance to get lost in. Debbie Macomber has a certain way with characters that make them believable and adoring.
Quick, breezy romantic comedy. It was fun to curl up with on a chilly weekend afternoon. Loved the hero. The heroine irritated me.
I found this book very cute. I found myself smiling during many of the parts of the story.
  • The Spirit of Christmas
  • Beloved Stranger  (Gaian Stories #4)
  • Noblesse Season3. 3: Static
  • Passion and the Prince
  • The Bachelor Prince
  • Charmed and Dangerous
  • Theron Destiny (Brides of Theron, #1)
  • One Candlelit Christmas (The MacLerie Clan #4.5) (Wellingfords #2.5)
  • The Surgeon's Secret Baby (Hopewell General)
  • Highland Rogue (Clan MacKenzie #2)
  • Don't Look
  • Tis the Season to Be Sinful
  • Only the Ring Finger Knows: The Ring Will Confess His Love (Only the Ring Finger Knows, #4)
  • A Regency Holiday
  • Stroke of Midnight
  • Connor
  • Bring It On!, Volume 1
  • This Time Next Year

Macomber is the author of more than 100 novels, most recently the instant #
More about Debbie Macomber...