Start by marking “Forgetful Bride (Harlequin Romance, No. 3166)” as Want to Read:
Forgetful Bride (Harlequin Romance, No. 3166)

Forgetful Bride (Harlequin Romance, No. 3166)

3.81 of 5 stars 3.81  ·  rating details  ·  396 ratings  ·  37 reviews

Caitlin Marshall's trying to go home to Minnesota for Christmas, but at the last minute she gives her airline ticket to a stranded soldier. So Cait spends the holidays with Joe Rockwell, who was a childhood friend – and is still a terrible tease, claiming that Cait's his wife. Oh, sure, they were "married" in a pretend ceremony when she was eight, but now Joe wants to make

Published November 1st 1991 by Harlequin (first published 1991)

To ask other readers questions about Forgetful Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Forgetful Bride

Kari Anderson

When Caitlin Marshall was eight years old, one of her brother’s friends, Joe, wanted to kiss her. Well she was a respectable young girl and wouldn’t kiss a boy until she got married. So at age eight and ten, Cait and Joe got married.

Twenty years later, Caitlin is a successful stockbroker. She has all but forgotten about Joe Crocker and has set her sights on her boss. Problem is that he only seems to notice her for her work ethic.

A construction crew is doing some work in Caitlin’s office and the
OctoberWoman
When Caitlin eight years old, her brother's best friend, Joe, age ten, wants to see what it's like to kiss a girl, but Cait believes girls and boys should not kiss unless they're married. So she insists the boys go through a pretend ceremony first. All for a quick peck on the lips.

Twenty years later, Caitlin is a successful stockbroker, desperately in love with her boss, who pays no attention to her at all and seems to be completely oblivious to her feelings. The office is being remodeled, and
Cindy
This holiday short story is about childhood friends Cait and Joe. Cait and Joe make a deal to exchange baseball cards for a wedding & kiss. Years later when they have become adults Joe and Cait meet again when Joe (construction worker) begins work on Cait’s office (stockbroker). Cait is in no mood for Joe’s attention because she is in love with her boss, Paul. The three become in-tangled in a humorous cat and mouse game during the holiday season. Cait is stubborn, self-absorbed, and extremel ...more
Barbara Tifft
In a way it isn't fair for me to rate romance as it isn't my preferred genre, but as an aspiring writer, I read it because it came with my free copy of Trading Christmas, also be Debbie Macomber.

Like most of the romances I have read, it was predictable. But this one was also fun, and I really liked the main character and her friend. I probably won't remember it in a year, but not every book has to provoke deep thoughts to be enjoyable. It was a nice, safe escape.
Judi Daubitz
I loved the two main characters!

I loved the two main characters!

I enjoyed this sometimes funny romantic book.I really loved the character Joe, he's wit and personality are great as is Caitlin. I found that once I put it down, I couldn't wait to pick it up again to see what happened next. This was a really good read.
Fmorlan
Cait is a stockbroker but when she was 8 her brother and his friend Joseph wanted to find out what a kiss was about. So they got her to kiss Joseph only after the required marriage ceremony performed by her brother. Years later, at her high powered job, she is head over heels in love with her boss. And due to construction shares his office. There is also a snag, the construction boss is Joseph. She starts spending time with him hoping to make her boss jealous. Her friend Lindy listens to her com ...more
TL
Such a romantic sweet story, Can I have a Joe Rockwell?:) Debbie wrote everyone so wonderfully, everyone was fleshed out and had their own distinct personalities... though a few times I wanted to shake Cait to wake her up in regards to Paul.

I loved how miss macomber showed Csitlin and Joe progressing from friendship to "more", those two will make you smile and laugh quite a few times... I had a suspicion what was going on with Lindy and was eager to see how it all played out.

Caitlin does somethi
Cindi
Gag me with a spoon! I've NEVER read a book with such a horrible, unlikable, unrealistic and STUPID character! So because I disliked her so, I have to take points off the decent male lead for WANTING her. Gah!
Debra
There is nothing better than a Debbie Macomber story filled with love and romance and happiness. This is aquick read that just makes you feel good when your done.
Jaclyn
I enjoyed this Christmas story. It is about a girl in her twenties that thinks she has everything but the guy. Then a guy she she knows from childhood comes back into her life and turns her life upside down. I really enjoyed and it made me laugh in some parts.
Don Nelson
Cait works over Christmas and meet her husband, again
Krissy
awesome short story for romantics. quick but great read.
Amy Kitchell-Leighty
I was bored and needed something to read.
Brittney Musick
This is a book I picked up on a whim after reading the summary. While the story didn't turn out to be quite what I was expecting, it was still a cute, quick read. It had a bit of a holiday theme but nothing too over the top, which suited my mood perfectly. I think this was a good book to introduce me to Debbie Macomber's work, and I look forward to reading more from her in the coming year.
Aimee
Although the back cover is a bit misleading (the character doesn't even get to the airport until nearly the end) I loved the story. The characters were very cute and frustrating :). So I may have been drawn by the "home for minnesota" tag since that is my plan this year it kept me because of the nice, cozy story.
Sisilia
I love this book! It made me laugh almost the entire time, especially when Joe and Caitlin bantering with each other, or when Joe started telling everybody that they were "married". Hilarious!
Amy
This is better than a 3 star but not quite a 4 star ... So 3.5 it is!

Very cute and very predictable ... Cait could be frustrating to read about at times.. But I really liked her anyway :-)
Nancy
This was a short fun and humorous romance. Like the other reviewers, I would have liked to slap some sense into Caitlin, for being so dense.
Rachael
The forgetful bride was an okay book. I think you would need to be in the right mood to read this book. It is highly predictable and very fluffy.
Suzanne
What a wonderful romance to get lost in. Debbie Macomber has a certain way with characters that make them believable and adoring.
Quick, breezy romantic comedy. It was fun to curl up with on a chilly weekend afternoon. Loved the hero. The heroine irritated me.
Tiffany
I found this book very cute. I found myself smiling during many of the parts of the story.
Connie
This was a cute book...very predictable. Loved Joe, but, Kate really drove me crazy at times.
Jane
Another enjoyable book that is just to be read, not analyzed. Enjoyed but not "WOW"
Shawn Harmon
I enjoy reading her books in between books that I have to really concentrate on.
Kaci
I enjoyed re-reading this one. Pure fluff, but amusing fluff.
Heather
This book was my favorite Debbie Macomber book. It was so good!!!
Lee Savino
Still getting through my pile of Debbie Macomber books!
Jeannette
Another predictable ending but still a good quick read.
  • Noblesse Season1. 1: Awakening in the new world
  • Beloved Stranger  (Gaian Stories #4)
  • Betrayed (Clan MacKenzie #3)
  • One Night with a Goddess (Goddess, #2)
  • An Unexpected Kiss: A Christmas in Snow Valley Romance
  • In From The Cold
  • Theron Destiny (Brides of Theron, #1)
  • Mission: Irresistible
  • One Candlelit Christmas (The MacLerie Clan #4.5) (Wellingfords #2.5)
  • Sweet Magik (Klaus Brothers, #2)
  • The Westward Christmas Brides Collection: 9 Historical Romances Answer the Call of the American West
  • Stroke of Midnight
  • Come to Me
  • This Time Next Year
  • A Rare Gift (Kent Brothers, #2)
  • Just Desserts (Petit Morts, #14)
  • A Regency Holiday
  • A Spring Bouquet (4-in-1)

Macomber is the author of more than 100 novels, most recently the instant #
More about Debbie Macomber...
The Shop on Blossom Street (Blossom Street, #1 ) A Good Yarn (Blossom Street, #2) 204 Rosewood Lane (Cedar Cove, #2) Twenty Wishes (Blossom Street, #5) 16 Lighthouse Road (Cedar Cove, #1)