Forgetful Bride (Harlequin Romance, No. 3166)

Forgetful Bride (Harlequin Romance, No. 3166)

3.84 of 5 stars 3.84  ·  rating details  ·  290 ratings  ·  29 reviews

Caitlin Marshall's trying to go home to Minnesota for Christmas, but at the last minute she gives her airline ticket to a stranded soldier. So Cait spends the holidays with Joe Rockwell, who was a childhood friend – and is still a terrible tease, claiming that Cait's his wife. Oh, sure, they were "married" in a pretend ceremony when she was eight, but now Joe wants to make

Published November 1st 1991 by Harlequin (first published 1991)

Kari Anderson

When Caitlin Marshall was eight years old, one of her brother’s friends, Joe, wanted to kiss her. Well she was a respectable young girl and wouldn’t kiss a boy until she got married. So at age eight and ten, Cait and Joe got married.

Twenty years later, Caitlin is a successful stockbroker. She has all but forgotten about Joe Crocker and has set her sights on her boss. Problem is that he only seems to notice her for her work ethic.

A construction crew is doing some work in Caitlin’s office and the...more
OctoberWoman
When Caitlin eight years old, her brother's best friend, Joe, age ten, wants to see what it's like to kiss a girl, but Cait believes girls and boys should not kiss unless they're married. So she insists the boys go through a pretend ceremony first. All for a quick peck on the lips.

Twenty years later, Caitlin is a successful stockbroker, desperately in love with her boss, who pays no attention to her at all and seems to be completely oblivious to her feelings. The office is being remodeled, and...more
Cindy
This holiday short story is about childhood friends Cait and Joe. Cait and Joe make a deal to exchange baseball cards for a wedding & kiss. Years later when they have become adults Joe and Cait meet again when Joe (construction worker) begins work on Cait’s office (stockbroker). Cait is in no mood for Joe’s attention because she is in love with her boss, Paul. The three become in-tangled in a humorous cat and mouse game during the holiday season. Cait is stubborn, self-absorbed, and extremel...more
Fmorlan
Cait is a stockbroker but when she was 8 her brother and his friend Joseph wanted to find out what a kiss was about. So they got her to kiss Joseph only after the required marriage ceremony performed by her brother. Years later, at her high powered job, she is head over heels in love with her boss. And due to construction shares his office. There is also a snag, the construction boss is Joseph. She starts spending time with him hoping to make her boss jealous. Her friend Lindy listens to her com...more
TL
Such a romantic sweet story, Can I have a Joe Rockwell?:) Debbie wrote everyone so wonderfully, everyone was fleshed out and had their own distinct personalities... though a few times I wanted to shake Cait to wake her up in regards to Paul.

I loved how miss macomber showed Csitlin and Joe progressing from friendship to "more", those two will make you smile and laugh quite a few times... I had a suspicion what was going on with Lindy and was eager to see how it all played out.

Caitlin does somethi...more
Amy Kitchell-Leighty
I was bored and needed something to read.
Brittney Musick
This is a book I picked up on a whim after reading the summary. While the story didn't turn out to be quite what I was expecting, it was still a cute, quick read. It had a bit of a holiday theme but nothing too over the top, which suited my mood perfectly. I think this was a good book to introduce me to Debbie Macomber's work, and I look forward to reading more from her in the coming year.
Aimee
Although the back cover is a bit misleading (the character doesn't even get to the airport until nearly the end) I loved the story. The characters were very cute and frustrating :). So I may have been drawn by the "home for minnesota" tag since that is my plan this year it kept me because of the nice, cozy story.
Sisilia
I love this book! It made me laugh almost the entire time, especially when Joe and Caitlin bantering with each other, or when Joe started telling everybody that they were "married". Hilarious!
Amy
This is better than a 3 star but not quite a 4 star ... So 3.5 it is!

Very cute and very predictable ... Cait could be frustrating to read about at times.. But I really liked her anyway :-)
Nancy
This was a short fun and humorous romance. Like the other reviewers, I would have liked to slap some sense into Caitlin, for being so dense.
Rachael
The forgetful bride was an okay book. I think you would need to be in the right mood to read this book. It is highly predictable and very fluffy.
Suzanne
What a wonderful romance to get lost in. Debbie Macomber has a certain way with characters that make them believable and adoring.
Quick, breezy romantic comedy. It was fun to curl up with on a chilly weekend afternoon. Loved the hero. The heroine irritated me.
Tiffany
I found this book very cute. I found myself smiling during many of the parts of the story.
Connie
This was a cute book...very predictable. Loved Joe, but, Kate really drove me crazy at times.
Jane
Another enjoyable book that is just to be read, not analyzed. Enjoyed but not "WOW"
Shawn Harmon
I enjoy reading her books in between books that I have to really concentrate on.
Kaci
I enjoyed re-reading this one. Pure fluff, but amusing fluff.
Heather
This book was my favorite Debbie Macomber book. It was so good!!!
Lee Savino
Still getting through my pile of Debbie Macomber books!
Jeannette
Another predictable ending but still a good quick read.
Jessica
This was an amazing read, I love romantic stories.
Sori
Found after many years in a hallway closet.
Renee Rasak keogh
Sweet, fluffy, Christmas story.
David Spiller
Neat not just a NW story....
Teresa Scott
OMG, this was so good and funny.
Sarah Peralta
love love love me some Joe Rockwell.
Alice
Heartwarming Chrismas story.
  • Stroke of Midnight
  • With a Southern Touch: Adam/A Night in Paradise/Garden Cop
  • A Family Reunion
  • One Candlelit Christmas (The MacLerie, #4.5)
  • Tis the Season to Be Sinful
  • Cherry On Top
  • Only the Ring Finger Knows: The Ring Finger Falls Silent (Only the Ring Finger Knows #3)
  • Don't Look
  • Just Desserts (Petit Morts, #14)
  • The Heart of a Hero (Spellbound Falls, #4)
  • Betrayed (Clan MacKenzie #3)
  • Heaven Is for Real for Kids
  • The Hadassah Covenant
  • Sweet Magik (Klaus Brothers, #2)
  • The Millionaire's Mistress  (Passion, #3) (Harlequin Presents, #2026)
  • Noblesse: Season 2, Set
  • A Regency Holiday
  • Christmas Kisses (Mackenzie Family, #4 & Those Manning Men, #5)

Macomber is the author of more than 100 novels, most recently the instant #...more
More about Debbie Macomber...
The Shop on Blossom Street (Blossom Street, #1 ) A Good Yarn (Blossom Street, #2) 204 Rosewood Lane (Cedar Cove, #2) 16 Lighthouse Road Twenty Wishes (Blossom Street, #5)