Start by marking “Classic Starts�: Treasure Island” as Want to Read:
Classic Starts�: Treasure Island

Classic Starts�: Treasure Island (Classic Starts)

3.72 of 5 stars 3.72  ·  rating details  ·  147 ratings  ·  13 reviews
Unrivaled in literature, Stevenson's Treasure Island is among the most delightful adventure romances of all time. From young Jim Hawkins' first encounter with an old buccaneer and his tresure map to the final daring skirmish with the treacherous pirate Long JOhn Silver, this classic work enchants and fuels the imagination with beautiful illustrations.
Hardcover, Abridged, 160 pages
Published March 1st 2005 by Sterling

To ask other readers questions about Classic Starts�, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Classic Starts�

Samantha Barnes
This is a great book about the epic adventure of Jim Hopkins's trip to treasure island. It begins when a strange man comes into the Jim's tavern and talks of a man with one leg. The strange man is killed by the black spot and a crew of pirates break into the tavern in search for his key that opens a treasure chest on Treasure Island. Jim is able to get the key and when he alerts the city he joins a group of men on a voyage to seek out the chest. Jim is unaware that he is on a ship of mostly pir ...more
Jonathan Balun
Every kid would love Treasure Island. The problem with the original Stevenson classic is that it tends to get banned for blood and violent situations. That is why we have this classic starts adapted version. You can follow young Jim Hawkins through all of his pirate adventures. Yes, he still fights. Yes, he kills another pirate, but the action scenes are quick and less gruesome than the original. Good for grades 4-7.
Yow2014
It was a great book but it lacks my interest i got bored in the first few pages. I had a thought weather i should or shouldn't continue it. I continued it anyway but it never caught my interest and i forgot everything about it in a month. But its just my opinion
Lb
Apr 13, 2014 Lb marked it as to-read
Ok I'm new to this app so can anyone tell me how to read the books on here?
Laurel Wicke
I am a fan of these classic start abridged novels, especially for beginner readers. This one wasn't my favorite. Still good, and Logan ate it up! A good introduction to the story for my 6 and 8 year old, but I did feel it was a bit choppy, whereas others we have read seems more seamless.
Shauna
Mar 07, 2008 Shauna rated it 3 of 5 stars
Shelves: kids
I'd never read this story as a child. The main thing I kept thinking about this book was, why on earth would anybody name a restaurant about a murderous pirate who pretended to be a cook?
Kaethe
I read this because my son (8 yr old) was reading it and I wanted to be able to discuss it with him. Definitely written "down" for his age, but he was still scared!
Grace
Jul 03, 2011 Grace rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Kids of all ages
This abridged version reads very naturally. It's a perfect to a classic book for a new independent reader.
Amy Cook
Scott really enjoyed reading this to the boys nightly. They loved the adventure and suspense.
Anna
Nice introduction to the classics for the little ones. My kids loved it
Auntiecatherine
Treasure Island (Classics series) by Robert Louis Stevenson (1965)
Daniel
A good easy way to introduce Kidz to this classic.
Mohammad
it was super cool!!!
K.t.berchmans
K.t.berchmans marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2015
Rana
Rana added it
Feb 28, 2015
  • The Adventures of Robin Hood (Classic Starts Series)
  • The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes
  • The Story of King Arthur & His Knights (Classic Starts Series)
  • Anne of Green Gables (Classic Starts)
  • The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn (Classic Starts Series)
  • Frankenstein (Classic Starts Series)
  • The Adventures of Tom Sawyer
  • Heidi (Classic Starts Series)
  • The Secret Garden (Classic Starts Series)
  • Alice in Wonderland & Through the Looking-Glass (Classic Starts Series)
  • The Phantom of the Opera
  • The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (Great Illustrated Classics)

Classic Starts (1 - 10 of 54 books)
  • 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea (Classic Starts Series)
  • The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn (Classic Starts Series)
  • The Adventures of Robin Hood (Classic Starts Series)
  • The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes
  • The Adventures of Tom Sawyer
  • Alice in Wonderland & Through the Looking-Glass (Classic Starts Series)
  • Animal Stories (Classic Starts Series)
  • Anne of Avonlea (Classic Start Series)
  • Anne of Green Gables (Classic Starts)
  • Arabian Nights (Classic Starts Series)
The Swiss Family Robinson (Classic Starts Series) Ridiculous Knock-Knocks Ridiculous Tongue-Twisters The Voodoo Vengeance Book & Kit Dr. Knucklehead's Knock-Knocks