Start by marking “Prime Time (Annika Bengtzon, #3)” as Want to Read:
Prime Time (Annika Bengtzon, #3)

Prime Time (Annika Bengtzon (Chronological Order) #3)

3.38  ·  Rating Details  ·  1,381 Ratings  ·  45 Reviews
Thirteen people are spending the shortest night of the year together in an isolated manor house. On the morning of Midsummer's Eve, the brightest star in Swedish television, Michelle Carlsson, is found shot to death in a mobile control room. The murder turns Annika Bengtzon's world upside down. One of the suspects is her best friend. Annika's boyfriend, Thomas, accuses her ...more
Mass Market Paperback, 422 pages
Published September 4th 2006 by Simon & Schuster (first published 2001)

To ask other readers questions about Prime Time, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Prime Time

Matteo Scalet
Sono un assiduo frequentatore della letteratura scandinava contemporanea, in particolar modo della giallistica e del thriller. Ciononostante non mi ero mai accostato in precedenza alla penna di Liza Marklund, e devo dire che non è stato un primo approccio entusiasmante. La lettura è stata piuttosto pesante e poco scorrevole, il testo molto dispersivo e a volte non lineare (anche se non escludo sia dovuto a una traduzione non eccelsa). Vengono introdotti molti più personaggi del necessario, gener ...more
Stefanos Vlasakakis
Δεν ήταν ακριβώς αυτό που περίμενα να διαβάσω αλλά μου άρεσε αρκετά. Το παράξενο ήταν πως με τράβηξαν οι περίεργες δολοπλοκίες και οι πλεκτάνες (που δεν απέχουν από την πραγματικότητα) της μιας εκ των τριών παράλληλων και αλληλοσυνδεόμενων ιστοριών παρά η κεντρική υπόθεση του βιβλίου.
Rhianydd Hallas
Jan 25, 2014 Rhianydd Hallas rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This book, for me, was a great disappointment. I stopped reading at page 67 in despair.

I was hoping for some of the 'edge-of-your-seat suspense' promised on the front page and was confronted with mistakes and a rather boring tedious plot.

Having said that, although I don't like it, other people might find it great.
Barbara Elsborg
I was disappointed. I lost interest several times and had to force myself to keep going. The part I had most interest in was the personal family aspect with Annika and Thomas. The whodunnit element just didn't grab me. I really liked Studio 69 but this one didn't do it for me.
Lisa
Jul 04, 2013 Lisa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the second of hers I have read. I enjoyed the crime story from the perspective of an investigative newspaper journalist. In this one, a star of the local network was found dead in a locked production truck. I like the personal side of this main character. She is the mother of two small children. I learned in this book, she had an affair with a married man and he left his wife for her and their family now. But his mother is not so understanding.
This story opens on a holiday weekend, when
Ciska
Jan 03, 2012 Ciska rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2011
Midsummernight is coming. In a hotel 13 people are just wrapping up a television production. Somewhere that night the big star of the production gets murdered. A news reporter is pulled out of her midsummernight holiday to go to the hotel and get the news covered. Due to the fact that most people in the hotel are connected to the media the newsreporter, Annika, knows most of them and one of the suspects is her best friend. [return]At the same time Annika's boss is in a powerstruggle with his bos ...more
Karen
Mar 07, 2012 Karen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crime, scandinavian
It's Midsummer and Annika Bengtzon, newspaper reporter and mother, is preparing for family celebrations at her partner's parents Island Holiday home. When she gets a call to say that Michelle Carlsson, a big name TV presenter has been murdered, and Annika has been assigned to follow the story, Thomas is furious at her for leaving him to get the children to his parents alone. Annika's just returned to work after maternity leave and her relationship with Thomas is increasingly fraught with tension ...more
Lis
Jul 18, 2015 Lis rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crime-fiction
This was one in the series that I hadn't read -- had to order it on inter library loan. I enjoyed it though it was strange to have plot developments regarding the continuing characters that precede things That I know happen later on. That's one reason I usually like to go back to the beginning of a series rather than jump around.
Jan Derksen
Aug 09, 2012 Jan Derksen marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition

Deel 4 van de Annika Bengtzon-serie
Annika Bengtzon, misdaadverslaggeefster bij avondkrant 'Kvallspressen' in Stockholm te maken met de moord op de grillige tv-ster Michelle Carlsson. Deze is tijdens de kortste nacht van het jaar doodgeschoten gevonden in een mobiele regiekamer.
Carlsson bevond zich met twaalf anderen in een slot om opnames te maken voor een televisieprogramma. Tot de twaalf verdachten behoren onder meer Anne Snapphane (vriendin van Annika en medewerkster tijdens de opnames), Mar

Gabriela
After "The Bomber" I cannot say that I read through the same nervous angst of Annika, but overall the book it's good, easy to follow and it dwells not only in the aftermath of a crime and its investigation, but also Annika's family life and personal pursuit. And on the plus side: I jaw-dropping finale!
da-wildchildz
Dec 17, 2013 da-wildchildz rated it really liked it
At last Schyman reached the sea, shimmering and eternal.

Last line from Prime Time by Liza Marklund. I love finding (and reading) books missing from a series and with Prime Time, I did just that. It bridged the gap between four other books in the Annika Bengzton I’ve read (Exposed and Paradise before, The Bomber and The Red Wolf after.) This felt like a Poirot piece, where the murder suspects are all known to have been at a certain place, at a certain time and a mystery needs to be solved. The of
Marty
May 27, 2014 Marty rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Like others, I had to force myself to finish this. It wasn't that it was bad, I just didn't find it much of a mystery. It covers a few days in the life of Annika Bengtzon, in which she does her job and struggles with her family relationships. I simply didn't find the story compelling.
Naomi
Feb 06, 2014 Naomi rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Had way too much of an Americanized romance mystery to it. My least favorite in the series so far. It almost had a Camilla Läckberg feel to it. Ms. Lackberg is my least favorite NN author.
Madziar
Apr 02, 2014 Madziar rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Dziennikarka, Annika Bengtzon, obecnie już matka dwójki dzieci, śledzi sprawę modrestwa prezrnterki tv i celebrytki - zamordowanej strzałem w głowę poczas nagrywania audycji na odludnej wyspie. W kręgu podejrzanych jest 12 osób.
Mirrordance
Sono un po' indecisa se questa giornalista di cronaca mi sta simpatica o meno. Il libro in ogni caso si fa legere anche se in alcune parti sembra poco organico ma potrebbe esser dovuto ad una lettura "casuale" e disorganizzata dei volumi della serie.
Anke
Apr 27, 2014 Anke rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Dit boek was anders dan de eerste twee delen, dit was meer een detective / whodunnit. Wel leuk, het leest lekker, zeker omdat je de verschillende hoofdpersonen en sommige verdachten al ‘kent’ uit de eerdere delen.
Vanita
Dec 30, 2009 Vanita rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Krimileser, Schweden-Fans
Dieser Krimi ist schön vielschichtig und nah am Leben: Die Hauptfigur Annika Bengtzon, eine schwedische Journalistin, löst nicht einfach mal eben einen Kriminalfall, ohne merkbar von irgendeiner Art Privatleben beeinflusst zu werden - wie es ja leider in vielen anderen Geschichten der Fall ist. Nein, Annika hat journalistisches und persönliches Interesse am aktuellen Fall, schließlich ist ihre beste Freundin eine der Verdächtigen. Gleichzeitig geht aber auch in der Redaktion und in ihrer Familie ...more
Tony Nielsen
Sep 18, 2012 Tony Nielsen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is typical Liza Marklund, and by that I mean typically good. This is the only Annika Bengstrom novel in the series that I hadn't read so was looking forward to it. And I wasn't disappointed. Marklund has made the Annika character compulsive reading. A fantastic reporter but fraught with emotional baggage in her personal life. Getting to share both roles makes it all the more real. In spite of a tricky plot Annika has the chance to give her career and her relationship a big pay-day, so to sp ...more
JenniferB
Good suspense but too much on the seedy side of life
Ana-Maria Bujor
I will give it three stars because I liked three quarters of the book. The crime story was interesting enough, the characters and their motivations kept me going, the main character was flawed enough to seem real. Not a bad read. However the ending was too sudden and seemed to have gathered all the cliches in the genre - justice is being made in front of everyone, the main character gets all the attention on her, personal life is perfect etc. And the Cain and Abel story? Made me roll my eyes. Bu ...more
Sally
May 08, 2015 Sally rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read english version!
Annika Bengtzon #3
Michele
Traduction de meurtre au chateau d'ete.
Merryn
Oct 07, 2015 Merryn rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Quick holiday read...
Roos Boum
Oct 26, 2012 Roos Boum rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ik had nog niets van Liza Marklund gelezen. Deze eerste "confrontatie" was een fijne. Heb het boek met veel plezier gelezen. De draadjes naar de dader worden mooi uitgesponnen, soms bij de niet-dader er iets te dik opgelegd, maar zeer zeker een fijn boek, waarbij ik door de hoeveelheid van personages een modern Agatha Christie gevoel kreeg, dat zeker niet vervelend is, aangezien ik AC leuk vind. Als er weer een boek van Liza Marklund op mijn pad landt, zal ik het zeker lezen.
Ann Repetto
Oct 23, 2014 Ann Repetto rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: marklund
liked it
Amanda
Feb 23, 2013 Amanda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good Liza Marklund story with the Annika Bengtzon character. I love that we get a follow up to her personal search for happiness. Also, in this story we get an insight into insider trading and the machinations of the media industry, both print and tv media. For this, Liza utilized her husband's skills as CEO of a TV network to do research.
Erna Sieben
Dec 31, 2013 Erna Sieben rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Een mooi boek om te lezen. Hier komt echt het detective-gevoel bij boven. Door het boek heen mee 'puzzelen' over wie het heeft gedaan. Het heeft een goede opbouw en gaat naar een verrassend plot toe. Voor wie van dit soort boeken houdt, een aanrader.
Linda Carroll-Bradd
Good suspense constructed like a "locked door mystery" that just kept getting more engaging as the author dug deeper to show how so many of the characters could have been the murderer. I also love learning about the aspects of life in Sweden that differ from mine in America.
Gustambro
Apr 24, 2016 Gustambro rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-order-2
As always Marklund's way of writing is entertaining and easy to read. Interesting to read the story on the perspective of a news reporter and nice to follow the life of the character through the books. Recommend reading them in order
Örvar Steingrímsson
Fannst þetta ekki nógu góð bók, hefði fengið 2,5 stjörnur ef það væri hægt. Óspennandi morð mál sem maður vissi ekkert um fyrr en á seinustu blaðsíðunum og svo mikið um valdatafl innan blaðsins sem var ekki áhugavert. Óspennandi saga.
  • Slangebæreren (Cato Isaksen #1)
  • Alla de stillsamma döda (Maria Wern #2)
  • Bortom sanningen (Hanne Wilhelmsen, #7)
  • Den dubbla tystnaden (Anders Knutas, #7)
  • Sail of Stone (Inspector Winter, #6)
  • Upp till toppen av berget (A-gruppen, #3)
  • Der Tote vom Strand. (Inspector Van Veeteren #8)
  • Pojken som slutade gråta (Hagfors, #2)
  • Summer Death
  • The Torso (Inspector Huss #3)
  • Flickan under gatan (Grens & Sundkvist #4)
Scandinavia’s undisputed queen of crime fiction, Liza Marklund is the No. 1 international bestselling author of the Annika Bengtzon series.

Liza Marklund was born in 1962 in the small village of Pålmark, close to the Arctic Circle in Sweden. She is an author, journalist, columnist, and goodwill ambassador for UNICEF. She is also co-owner of Piratförlaget, one of Sweden’s most successful publishing
More about Liza Marklund...

Annika Bengtzon (Chronological Order) (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Studio sex (Annika Bengtzon, #1)
  • Paradies (Annika Bengtzon, #2)
  • Sprängaren (Annika Bengtzon, #4)
  • Red Wolf (Annika Bengtzon, #5)
  • Nobels testamente (Annika Bengtzon #6)
  • Livstid (Annika Bengtzon, #7)
  • En plats i solen (Annika Bengtzon, #8)
  • Borderline
  • Lyckliga gatan (Annika Bengtzon, #10)
  • Järnblod (Annika Bengtzon, #11)