Start by marking “Las aventuras de Tom Bombadil y otros poemas del Libro Rojo” as Want to Read:
Las aventuras de Tom Bombadil y otros poemas del Libro Rojo

Las aventuras de Tom Bombadil y otros poemas del Libro Rojo (Middle-Earth Universe)

3.83  ·  Rating Details ·  2,640 Ratings  ·  99 Reviews
This adventure book tells of Tom's encounters with the River-woman's beautiful daughter, Old Man Willow, the Badger-folk, the ghostly Barrowwight, a lovely princess, trolls, dwarves, and legendary beasts. A delightful volume of 16 songs, rhymes and poems from the acclaimed The Hobbit. Illustrated.
Published June 30th 2005 by Minotauro (first published 1962)

Be the first to ask a question about Las aventuras de Tom Bombadil y otros poemas del Libro Rojo

Bookdragon Sean
Jun 10, 2014 Bookdragon Sean rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: those who prefer the Hobbit to The Lord of the Rings
Tom Bombadil is such an enigma. I mean who exactly is he? Some Tolkien fans would argue that he is Eru, the creator of all life within Tolkien’s Middle Earth, though I think somewhat differently. He breaks any sense of definition with his odd existence: he simply is. We can’t say for a certainty either way, but we do know that Tolkien wanted him to remain somewhat mysterious and beyond the realms of categorisation. I don’t think Tolkien quite knew what he wanted him to be. So that’s how I treat ...more
Kimberley doruyter
i only read the actual adventures and poems that tolkien wrote.
i loved it so much, some of them came straight from the lord of the rings.
Mary Catelli
A collection of verse by the author of Lord of the Rings -- given a frame to fit in the universe. Most existed and were in fact published in places before that work. . . Tom appeared in Lord from here, not vice versa.

Sam's Oliphant poem and another piece of beast lore. Frodo's Man In the Moon one and another expanded nursery rhyme. Two narratives of Tom. Ranging in tone from the cheery and frivolous to the rather sinister.
Dec 19, 2016 Laura rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned, 2016, fantasía
Siempre es un placer leer a Tolkien.

Este libro es muchísimo mejor en inglés porque los poemas traducidos pierden parte de su magia; pero es Tolkien y es genial en cualquier idioma.
Molly
Aug 31, 2011 Molly rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 3-stars
Gosto muito da forma como a escrita de Tolkien flui. Tem uma grande parte de contar histórias e isso é bastante interessante.
Pensava que o livro era diferente, mais parecido com Contos Inacabados, mais sobre a Terra Média e especialmente, mais sobre Tom Bombadil.
E não estava à espera da escrita em poesia.

Mas, gostei. Gostei especialmente dos três contos em prosa. Em especial do de Smith e do de Niggle. Achei o primeiro muito bom devido a toda a Fantasia presente e gostei muito do cariz filosóf
Jessy
Mar 29, 2017 Jessy rated it really liked it
Shelves: tolkien
Me gustaron mucho los poemas y disfruté bastante esta versión inglés-español. A pesar de que la traducción es bastante buena, no es lo mismo y los poemas en inglés me encantaron. Mis favoritos fueron los primeros dos :D
Célia
Este era o único livro de Tolkien com algumas ligações com a Terra Média que me faltava ler. Acho que adiei a leitura porque sabia que uma boa parte do livro era escrito em verso e essa não é, de todo, a minha praia.

Mais de um terço do livro contém, precisamente, poesia. Essa secção corresponde a As Aventuras de Tom Bombadil , um conjunto de 16 poemas sobre os mais diversos temas, em que os dois primeiros são dedicados a esta peculiar personagem do universo Tolkien, que volta a fazer uma apariç
Raj
Feb 22, 2010 Raj rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
This is a collection of Tolkien's poetry, in Hobbit style, taken from Bilbo's Red Book. Only the first two poems refer to Bombadil, the others being general verses from Middle-Earth, and a couple of them are familiar from The Lord of the Rings.

If you like Tolkien's poetry (and I do), you'll enjoy these (mostly) simple poems, which can be read quite quickly.
Scott Offenbaker
My son is not yet 5 months old and he loved this book. The rythm of the passages being read soothed him with as much peaceful joy as age appropriate reading like, The Hungry Catipaliar does. So recommend for any age reading. Also some of Tolkiens best display of absolute master word crafting. It's childish and genius, the perfect mix.
Su Evenstar
Dec 31, 2012 Su Evenstar rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Gostei bastante.

Nada tem a ver com a obra d'O Senhor dos Anéis. Mas são pequenos contos interessantes. O conto que mais gostei foi O Ferreiro de Wooton Major.

É uma leitura fácil e leve. Tolkien mesmo com este tipo de abordagem tem o seu encanto.
Chia-Tung
Mar 07, 2015 Chia-Tung rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: tolkien
Poems I like: The Man in the Moon Stayed Up Too Late, Perry-the-Winkle, Oliphaunt, Cat, Shadow Bride, and The Hoard.
Sheila
lovely Audible narration by Derek Jacobi
Debbie Tails Prower
Oct 11, 2016 Debbie Tails Prower rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Middle-Earth fans
The Adventures of Tom Bombadil is a collection of poems of which only the first two actually revolve around Tom Bombadil. The rest are other poems of Middle-Earth, some we may know from The Lord of the Rings.

All of the poems are unique, written in Tolkien's typical cheerful and mysterious way. Every poem tells a different story, some I enjoyed more than others. All in all it was just a cute read. The poems are just adorable.

I guess what I liked the most about Tolkien's poems is how much I wished
Fran
Mar 21, 2016 Fran rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The bulk of this edition is the commentary from Scull and Hammond, which is, largely, very interesting. Each poem is detailed with notes on its history and, often, a previous version of the published poem. To have some idea of the history and development of the piece adds a nice depth to the poems. My only criticism is, as always with Scull and Hammond, how their writing is so particularly for an American audience. This I don't mind, I just wish that the unnecessary parts were edited out for the ...more
Tommy Grooms
Nov 16, 2015 Tommy Grooms rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Adventures of Tom Bombadil is a hodgepodge of Tolkien poetry with a connection to Middle-earth (most made so after the fact, as much of it was written before The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings). Tolkien is most undersung as a poet, and this collection shows off his chops - there isn't a weak poem in the bunch, and all are memorable. As a philologist, most everything Tolkien wrote was full of linguistic allusions, and this volume explains them all in a way that creates a greater appreciatio ...more
Lillian
Aug 28, 2015 Lillian rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens
I’m starting to think that I prefer Tolkien’s poetry over his stories... *laughs* I absolutely loved this book. The poems were fun to read and had a good memorable bounce to them. They’re super cute too, and don't bore me to tears no matter how much I reread them. ('m not exactly into poetry, soooo... that's saying a lot!)

Btw, Tom Bombadil sounds like he’d be a very interesting fellow to hang out with. ...Just say’n.
David
Jan 05, 2010 David rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: classics, fantasy
I have to say this book is half good half boring. The Adventures of Tom Bombadil are written in poem (I knew I had never read this one for some reason...) which I don't really like, but the other stories are pretty cool.
Crazy Uncle Ryan
Jan 04, 2008 Crazy Uncle Ryan rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Tolkien Fans
Shelves: español, poetry
This is a quick, fun little read. You won’t gain any new information about the mythology of Middle Earth nor will you learn anything new about Tom Bombadil from reading this book but I think any Tolkien fan will enjoy reading it.
Esteban Tomás
Jul 12, 2015 Esteban Tomás rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Tom Bombadil no es el personaje que más me gusta del la Tierra Media, sin embargo estas aventuras en verso son más que interesantes.
Nelleke
Mar 21, 2016 Nelleke rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Een dichtbundel met twee gedichten over Tom Bombadil. Verwacht geen uitleg over het hoe en waarom van Tom. Gewoon genieten van deze fijne dichtverhalen.
Melda
Commentary kısmı olmasa da olurdu, ben sadece Tolkien'ın şiirlerini okumak istemiştim, bana ne sizin commentary'nizden.
Diana
Jan 11, 2017 Diana rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lovely poems by J.R.R. Tolkien and interesting analyses thereof that offer more insight into the wold of Tolkien.
Kevin
Oct 11, 2016 Kevin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, poetry
Tolkien reads the 1st poem in this volume on Youtube. Tolkien is still my favorite author of all the Inklings.
Alyssa
Nov 18, 2016 Alyssa rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I cannot say this book was immensely intriguing, although it was a good soft read for someone who doesn't have time to become focussed on a story. This book was basically just a whole lotta poems, the only really good one being the one based off of the classic Hey Diddle Diddle (the cat and the fiddle).
Margoe Littlepants
The collection of poems by J.R.R. Tolkien is wonderful! But, the majority of this book is commentary and introduction. I was disappointed that much of the book was filler instead of substance.
Amie Gaudet
Jun 05, 2017 Amie Gaudet rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a wonderful companion to the series.
Hanna Siikilä
May 07, 2017 Hanna Siikilä rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ihanaa riimittelyä ja helposti luettavia runoja. Ihanan kevyt luettava.
Keith
Mar 10, 2017 Keith rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
i wanted to read more about this mysterious figure Tom Bombadil and this book does offer a few more glimpses, but mainly it is a commentary on a variety of poems Tolkien wrote, explaining odd words as well as detailing all the changes that were made to the poems over time. This is great if you are a major Tolkien fan who enjoys seeing the evolution of each work. If not, it is rather pedantic. None-the-less, it is worth it just for a few more glimpses at Bombadil.
Todd
Mar 10, 2017 Todd rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun fairly tales.
Elizabeth Johnson
Although Tom Bombadil (a character in Lord of the Rings) is named in the title, only a few of the poems are actually about him. There's also a few -type poems, others that are later attributed to Bilbo or Sam Gamgee, and a few that LOTR fans would recognize from some of the songs in the movies. I loved all of them! There's sixteen entries in all, so it's rather short -- you could read through it in about an hour, unless (like me) you want to savor each one by itself. Some are fun, others are sad ...more
  • Interrupted Music: The Making of Tolkien's Mythology
  • The History of the Hobbit, Part Two: Return to Bag-End
  • Star Wars: The Story of Darth Vader
  • The Art of The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
  • World of Warcraft: Ultimate Visual Guide
  • The Oxford Dictionary of Nursery Rhymes
  • The Art of Blizzard Entertainment
  • Dragonology Tracking and Taming Dragons Volume 1: A Deluxe Book and Model Set: European Dragon
  • The Inklings: C.S. Lewis, J.R.R. Tolkien, Charles Williams, and Their Friends
  • The Goblins of Labyrinth
  • J.R.R. Tolkien: Author of the Century
  • A Tolkien Bestiary
  • Doctor Who Character Encyclopedia
  • A Manopla de Karasthan (Crónicas de Allaryia, #1)
John Ronald Reuel Tolkien, CBE, was an English writer, poet, WWI veteran (a First Lieutenant in the Lancashire Fusiliers, British Army), philologist, and university professor, best known as the author of the high fantasy classic works The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings .

Tolkien was Rawlinson and Bosworth Professor of Anglo-Saxon at Oxford from 1925 to 1945, and Merton Professor of English lan
More about J.R.R. Tolkien...

Middle-Earth Universe (1 - 10 of 25 books)
  • The Hobbit
  • The Fellowship of the Ring (The Lord of the Rings, #1)
  • The Two Towers (The Lord of the Rings, #2)
  • The Return of the King (The Lord of the Rings, #3)
  • The Silmarillion (Middle-Earth Universe)
  • Unfinished Tales of Númenor and Middle-Earth
  • The Children of Húrin
  • Beren and Lúthien
  • The Book of Lost Tales, Part One (The History of Middle-Earth, #1)
  • The Book of Lost Tales, Part Two (The History of Middle-Earth, #2)