Start by marking “Murder Ward (The Destroyer, #15)” as Want to Read:
Murder Ward (The Destroyer, #15)

Murder Ward (The Destroyer #15)

The Robler Clinic is getting a reputation for too many deaths during routine operations. A gorgeous female administrator, Ms. Kathy Hahl, is discovering a profitable little racket, and her tame anaesthetist, Dan Demmet, is playing along nicely. When timid mother-dominated Nathan David Wilberforce - a subject of special interest to CURE - comes to a premature death at the ...more
Published December 19th 2002 by eReads.com (first published April 1st 1974)

To ask other readers questions about Murder Ward, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Murder Ward

Balkron
May 06, 2015 Balkron rated it liked it
My Rating Scale:
1 Star - Horrible book, It was so bad I stopped reading it. I have not read the whole book and wont
2 Star - Bad book, I forced myself to finish it and do NOT recommend. I can't believe I read it once
3 Star - Average book, Was entertaining but nothing special. No plans to ever re-read
4 Star - Good Book, Was a really good book and I would recommend. I am Likely to re-read this book
5 Star - GREAT book, A great story and well written. I can't wait for the next book. I Will Re-Read th
Bryan457
Several IRS agents have died mysteriously. Remo is sent to protect the next likely target, who dies in a hospital where the doctors can be paid to assassinate patients. Remo and Chiun are sent to the hospital to sort things out.

A lot of good stuff in this one.

Favorite tidbits: Instead of Christmas we have “The Merry Feast of the Pig.” Chiun makes Remo a Christmas tree from an uprooted shrub by hanging two tennis balls, a popped golf ball, a slice of apple, and one yellow light bulb from it. Chiu
Jeff Chase
Feb 22, 2015 Jeff Chase rated it really liked it
First of all, I would expect Smitty to be a little more grateful after what he went through in the previous book. Instead, he's back to being the ornery curmudgeon that we've grown to love.

While I enjoyed the plot of a doctor doing murder for hire, I rather doubt it took the supercomputers of CURE to figure it out.

Chiun is at his best, curing people of their ailments with Sinanju, and tearing the ears off a ne'er-do-well. Remo's just Remo, and that's the biz, sweetheart.
Charles Millhouse
Oct 07, 2015 Charles Millhouse rated it really liked it
I finished this book some time ago and just got around to writing a review. I love these books!! Yes they are a bit corny but lots of fun. Still looking to complete my collection of them. They are hard to find even on eBay. But I like the challenge. Have an afternoon to blow, pick up a Remo Williams book. They aren't big and very quick reads. Have fun with them.
Timothy Boyd
One of the big men's adventure series from the 70's than ran an impressive 145 books. The series while an adventure/action story is also full of satire toward much of the mainstream fads and icons of the time. An interesting main character and the sarcastic mentor makes this a funny action/adventure read. This issue is the first appearance of the evil Dr Hahl.
Frank
Nov 15, 2015 Frank rated it liked it
I read this hack series faithfully for years. Now I hear a movie (another move) is in the works. Not a bad read, And emojis a sympath tic character
Joshua
Nov 02, 2013 Joshua added it
I love these Remo Williams books. Remo gets in trouble with Smith because he kills to many people. Then Remo has to try a different approach and yet people still die. Surprise!
Grumble
Grumble rated it really liked it
Nov 22, 2011
James
James rated it liked it
Oct 14, 2011
Mandell Degerness
Mandell Degerness rated it liked it
Jun 04, 2014
Jim Grogan
Jim Grogan rated it it was amazing
Feb 04, 2016
Lisa
Lisa rated it liked it
Jun 29, 2014
Tonytheprof
Tonytheprof rated it liked it
Dec 14, 2012
Ron Judenberg
Ron Judenberg rated it it was amazing
Aug 10, 2016
Jeff
Jeff rated it liked it
Sep 12, 2008
Bibliophile
Bibliophile rated it liked it
Jan 05, 2014
Betsy
Betsy rated it liked it
Jul 20, 2012
Andrew
Andrew rated it liked it
Feb 27, 2012
Gary Jackson
Gary Jackson rated it liked it
Feb 08, 2012
Timothy Evavold
Timothy Evavold rated it really liked it
Sep 19, 2016
Loreen
Loreen rated it liked it
Jul 18, 2016
Bill Hume
Bill Hume rated it liked it
Sep 06, 2015
Kris Johnson
Kris Johnson rated it liked it
Oct 20, 2009
Rena McGee
Rena McGee rated it it was ok
Jun 02, 2012
Lynda
Lynda rated it liked it
Jun 07, 2009
Jason
Jason rated it liked it
Dec 31, 2011
Kurt Schulenburg
Kurt Schulenburg rated it it was amazing
Jul 31, 2013
James
James rated it liked it
Nov 18, 2013
Brian Ludy
Brian Ludy rated it it was amazing
Oct 25, 2015
Fredrik Rantakyro
Fredrik Rantakyro rated it it was ok
Sep 10, 2015
  • White Water  (The Destroyer, #106)
  • The Albino Knife
  • Moonshadow: Rise of the Ninja (Moonshadow, #1)
  • Girl Punches Out
  • The Kundalini Equation
  • The Groo Adventurer (Groo the Wanderer, #1-4)
  • The Flying Warlord (Conrad Stargard, #4)
  • By the Sword (Repairman Jack, #12)
  • The Fall of Damnos
  • Out of the Ashes (Ashes, #1)
  • Back to the Stone Age (Pellucidar, #5)
  • Conan the Barbarian
  • Annals of the Time Patrol
  • Nobody Gets the Girl (Whoosh! Bam! Pow!, #1)
  • Betrayer
  • Hunters of the Red Moon
Warren Murphy was an American author, most famous as the co-creator of The Destroyer series, the basis for the film Remo Williams: The Adventure Begins. He worked as a reporter and editor and after service during the Korean War, he drifted into politics.

Murphy also wrote the screenplay for Lethal Weapon 2. He is the author of the Trace and Digger series. With Molly Cochran, he completed two books
More about Warren Murphy...

The Destroyer (1 - 10 of 150 books)
  • Created, the Destroyer (The Destroyer, #1)
  • Death Check (The Destroyer, #2)
  • Chinese Puzzle (The Destroyer, #3)
  • Mafia Fix (The Destroyer, #4)
  • Dr. Quake (The Destroyer, #5)
  • Death Therapy (The Destroyer, #6)
  • Union Bust (The Destroyer, #7)
  • Summit Chase (The Destroyer, #8)
  • Murder's Shield (The Destroyer, #9)
  • Terror Squad (The Destroyer, #10)