Start by marking “SPSS Survival Manual: A Step by Step Guide to Data Analysis Using SPSS for Windows” as Want to Read:

4.05 of 5 stars 4.05  ·  rating details  ·  124 ratings  ·  15 reviews
Praise for previous editions: ""This book really is a life saver ... If the mere thought of statistics gives you a headache, then this is the book for you." - Statistics student, UK"

""I just wanted to say how much I value Julie Pallant's SPSS Survival Manual. It's quite the best text in SPSS I've encountered and I recommend it to anyone who's listening!" - Professor Caroly
Spiral-bound, 335 pages
Published August 1st 2007 by Open University Press (first published January 1st 2001)

To ask other readers questions about SPSS Survival Manual, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about SPSS Survival Manual

Sofie
May 12, 2015 Sofie rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: study
As much as I dislike Statistics and struggled with the subject, Pallant always managed to pull me through. Such a useful book, love the text boxes with the steps you have to take in order to do an analysis.
Wadibarrak
Deserved to be utilized!
Roberta Frontini
I'm in love with this book. I use it a lot on my work!
Liz
if you're a SAS junkie who's been forced to use Windows-based SPSS for the first time in 7 years, this book rocks. even if you're already familiar with SPSS and just needing a refresher, it's a totally useful resource. big downside though: teaches only the point-and-click method and doesn't provide info about syntax.
hollytree
i hate BINDERs, this feels like it's gonna fall apart. i also like colors.

but the book is easy to read surprisingly and fun, considering, so 5 stars
Manda
I wouldn't have survived my senior research project and class without this book! There's a reason they have a life preserver on the front cover.
Melinda
Jul 21, 2009 Melinda rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: data analysts, students
Shelves: non-fiction
This book was essential to getting my work done in grad school. I still use it as a great refeerence book at work.
Stanley Hall
This really helps with basics of SPSS but insufficient for anyone trying to become more advanced.
Bianca
A must read to deepen your knowledge of stats - written in a very accessible way.
Erin
No really this was actually my survival manual for my RA position this summer. :)
Diane Dreher
Great guide to statistical analysis with clear instructions--a lifesaver!
Vagelis
Helped me in my MSc in Management a lot.
Martina
Jul 09, 2012 Martina rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommended to Martina by: Whinda Yustisia
Buku favorit semester ini *cup cup cup...
Luke Meakin
Nov 26, 2012 Luke Meakin marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: course-books
have the 2011 edition not 2001
This book helped me learn to use SPSS
Drew Pierson
Drew Pierson is currently reading it
Aug 22, 2015
Anna
Anna marked it as to-read
Aug 05, 2015
Mustafa Celebi
Mustafa Celebi marked it as to-read
Aug 31, 2015
Kirsten Vacca
Kirsten Vacca marked it as to-read
Jul 18, 2015
Franco
Franco marked it as to-read
Jul 13, 2015
Kristina Katkutė
Kristina Katkutė marked it as to-read
Jul 12, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • Personality Psychology: Domains of Knowledge about Human Nature
  • Discovering Statistics Using SPSS (Introducing Statistical Methods)
  • Pioneers of Psychology
  • Social Cognition
  • Multivariate Data Analysis
  • Gay Life & Culture: A World History
  • Nancy Silverton's Breads from the La Brea Bakery: Recipes for the Connoisseur
  • Social Psychology
  • The World's Healthiest Foods: Essential Guide for the Healthiest Way of Eating
  • The Art of Simple Food II: Recipes, Flavor, and Inspiration from the New Kitchen Garden
  • From So Simple a Beginning: Voyage of the Beagle/Origin of Species/Descent of Man/Expression of Emotions in Man & Animals
  • The Book of Jewish Food: An Odyssey from Samarkand to New York