Start by marking “Polishing Jade” as Want to Read:
Polishing Jade

Polishing Jade

Polishing Jade is set in the 1960's in rural Mississippi where the secrets are as sticky as the jams sold at Taylor's General Store. Jade Gentry is a young girl whose past will not control her future even if it cost her everything. Gripping and suspenseful, Jade will leave you sighing when she sighs, running when she runs, and celebrating when she is triumphant! Meet an ...more
Published November 22nd 2013 by It's All about Him, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Polishing Jade, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Polishing Jade

Jess the Audiobookworm
Aug 07, 2016 Jess the Audiobookworm rated it really liked it
Shelves: jul-tbr, sponsored
4.25 ★ Audiobook⎮ The Christian Lit. genre isn't something I normally gravitate towards, so I didn't really know what to expect from Polishing Jade. I'm glad that I knew it was a faith-based story when beginning it or I would have been rather taken aback at the prominent role religion played in the plot. It's not something heavily featured in most mainstream novels. I think the genre is important to keep in mind when reviewing this because there were several elements of the story that I might ...more
A. Sines
Aug 31, 2015 A. Sines rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: listened-to
Three things:

1. I listened to the audible narration.

2. I received a free copy of the audible version for an honest review.

3. I actually gave it 3.5 stars (Mainly because it's not the kind of book that falls within my many varied tastes, it did not grip me in the way it did for other readers. I felt it to be a bit too soft.) Interestingly, while I usually round down for a 3.5, I rounded up for this one.

Polishing Jade is a story of a girl who finds comfort in her religion while facing one hardshi
Terri
Mar 25, 2015 Terri rated it it was amazing
I read this story in audio format via audible.com. I always choose the audio's first as the narrators tend to breath life into the stories, like a heart beat. Audio books also allow us to read and still be hands free to do other things like walking, work, drive, clean etc...

This story is set deep in a rural town of Mississippi back in the 60's. Back when abuse was common in families and being an unwed mother was unacceptable.

Jade was born to a poor family where dad got drunk and beat mom for yea
Trish
May 08, 2016 Trish rated it it was amazing
"Stunning, beautiful, poignant coming of age story"
If you could sum up Polishing Jade in three words, what would they be?
What a great book for all ages! My 14 year old daughter and I listened to this book at eh same time and didn't put it down. Polishing Jade is a coming of age story set in the 60s in the South, where races are still segregated. This book does have mature content, so I wouldn't recommend it for anyone under age 13. Everything happens to Jade--she's poor, has a father who drinks
Teressa
Apr 24, 2015 Teressa rated it it was amazing
Bittersweet

"Polishing Jade" was a very sweet and meaningful book. I thoroughly enjoyed it. It's set in a small farming community in Braxton, Mississippi, population 32. Jade's real name is Clara Marie but her mother called her Jade for her big, dark green gemmy eyes. This story was also a gem. I was impressed by the almost poetic, colorful prose as well as the depth of the characters in contrast to the length of the audiobook.

Whenever she finds herself in a sticky situation with nowhere to go, s
Valerie
Dec 19, 2015 Valerie rated it it was amazing
LOVED IT!

What an incredibly beautifully written story! Tekoa has such grace and poise with words that the feel of the story seems so classic - like something I'd have read in High School for lit class because of both its story and timeless writing quality. Keep up the beautiful work, Tekoa. You have a gift with words and you characters like Jade are very fleshed out and real. It was as if I was there by her side the entire time, sitting on her shoulder.
Stephanie
Apr 16, 2014 Stephanie rated it it was amazing
Jade is the story of a young girl who lives through rough times and makes mistakes. Her mistakes build one on another until she doesn't know how she will ever fix all things that are wrong in her life. Jade is also a story of hope and second chances and finding family when the one you were born with doesn't work anymore. This is a wonderful first novel from a promising new author!
Ruthe Griffin
May 14, 2016 Ruthe Griffin rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Book review

I enjoyed this book because some parts reminds me of my childhood. I likej that it shore there is forgiveness at the foot of the cross.
Diana P. Frost
Diana P. Frost rated it it was amazing
Sep 24, 2015
Felisha Caldeira
Felisha Caldeira rated it it was amazing
Apr 21, 2015
Paige Nickel
Paige Nickel rated it it was amazing
Aug 03, 2015
Kelley Kirby
Kelley Kirby rated it really liked it
Jan 04, 2016
A. Sines
A. Sines rated it really liked it
Aug 31, 2015
Eric
Eric added it
Apr 14, 2015
Helen Long
Helen Long marked it as to-read
May 12, 2015
Leah Romero
Leah Romero marked it as to-read
Jun 10, 2016
Ann Stumpe
Ann Stumpe marked it as to-read
Jul 25, 2016
Audiobooks: "Secrets are as sticky as the jams " / FREE Audiobook Codes 15 44 Jun 24, 2015 05:56AM