Start by marking “Will Buster and the Gelmet Helmet” as Want to Read:
Will Buster and the Gelmet Helmet

Will Buster and the Gelmet Helmet (Will Buster)

3.92 of 5 stars 3.92  ·  rating details  ·  59 ratings  ·  5 reviews
One Monday, Will Buster is sitting through another dull history lesson about the Wizard Wars of the 21st century, when he discovers that he has been selected for the opportunity of a lifetime. Or that's what his parents seem to think.

A high-speed HoverPod whisks Will away to Professor Alphonse Gelmet's Academy of Leadership Excellence. Here, special helmets effortlessly de
Published 2004 by Viking

To ask other readers questions about Will Buster and the Gelmet Helmet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Will Buster and the Gelmet Helmet

Tina
Dec 12, 2010 Tina added it
Shelves: favourites
See full review here.

I have a confession to make: I have shamelessly read this book more than three times (which is saying something, because I only mean to flick through the pages, but I end up reading the whole book in one go), through several years too. And the reason behind this is because Will Buster is so fantasmagorically amazing!

For lovers of sci-fi, and new converts (from the Hunger Games), Will Buster is a piece of children's fiction set in the far-off future, where the 21st Century ha
Maddy custard
Wow, this book is amazingly unknown, which is ridiculous. More young people should read this! It's great. I love books set in the future, seeing what it'll be like. (I also like books where people from the past go into the present, but that's beside the point)

I'm thinking of naming my next dog Bennet.. But anyway, this is a great series. I think I've only read them each twice, but I'll probably get them out sometime in the future. I can't really remember much, as you can probably tell, but I rem
spy
Dec 19, 2007 spy rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: everyone who wants a mixture of futuristic fun with a bit of mystery but not a childish book at all.
Shelves: just-read
An excellent start to the trilogy. I enjoyed the mixture of futuristic fun with a bit of mystery.

Excellent book.
Olivia
This was my favourite book as a kid, I think it was the first book I read more than once! Loved it!!!
Andrew
Brilliant! An awsomely subtle parody blended with astonishing originality.
Claudia
Claudia marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2015
Monica
Monica added it
Feb 07, 2015
Steve
Steve added it
Nov 10, 2014
Janet Hassell
Janet Hassell marked it as to-read
Sep 08, 2014
David
David marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2014
Dyatmika Library
Dyatmika Library is currently reading it
Sep 27, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Odo Hirsch was born and grew up in Melbourne, where he trained to be a doctor. He now lives in London and writes excellent books that are published not only in Australia but also in the US, UK, Netherlands, Korea, Germany, and Italy.

For more information, please see http://www.answers.com/topic/odo-hirsch
More about Odo Hirsch...

Will Buster (3 books)
  • Will Buster and the Carrier's Flash
  • Will Buster and the Crucible Choice
Hazel Green Bartlett and the Ice Voyage Antonio S and the Mystery of Theodore Guzman Darius Bell and the Glitter Pool Something's Fishy, Hazel Green