Start by marking “Be-good-to-yourself Therapy” as Want to Read:
Be-good-to-yourself Therapy

Be-good-to-yourself Therapy (Elf-Help)

3.88 of 5 stars 3.88  ·  rating details  ·  24 ratings  ·  3 reviews
The original, best-selling book that began the popular Elf-help movement! For those who desire to rejoice in the truth of their own lovability! Author and clinical social worker Cherry Hartman takes a lighthearted look into the power of genuine self-love. There are 37 wise and charmingly illustrated "rules" for coping day-by-day and living honestly, fully, and lovingly.
Published December 1st 1987 by Abbey Press

To ask other readers questions about Be-good-to-yourself Therapy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Be-good-to-yourself Therapy

Be-good-to-yourself Therapy by Cherry Hartman

A little pamphlet of a book stock full of good advice that should be so simple for us, yet for many we just don't do it. Easy things that would help our individual selves out, but yet, we overlook them or ignore them completely.

Little gems like:

1. Trust yourself. You know what you want and need.

So many times people don't trust themselves and actually listen to their internal self. It's something so simple, yet so hard for many people.

13. When you see
Nadine Larter
Gosh. I kind of expected this to be at least mildly heartwarming but it was just kind of ridiculously lame. I sort of feel bad for saying that - like I'm betraying something by admitting that I didn't like it and just asking for karma to kick my ass. Perhaps the advice is so outdated now that it just seems obvious, but that idea doesn't really help. It is simply a list of a whole bunch of rather "duh" advice that doesn't take much of a genius to conclude coupled with a bunch of illustrations of ...more
James Williams
This can be read in 30 minutes, and it is very inspirational. It is a book of quotes, so do not expect a book with a lot of dialectics.
Gia added it
Sep 17, 2015
Pam marked it as to-read
Jun 04, 2015
Judith added it
Jun 02, 2015
Joshakie marked it as to-read
May 22, 2015
Goldie marked it as to-read
Mar 12, 2015
Keneilwe marked it as to-read
Mar 10, 2015
Bri added it
Feb 06, 2015
Dena Sanders
Dena Sanders marked it as to-read
Jan 28, 2015
Jena marked it as to-read
Jan 12, 2015
Jill added it
Jan 14, 2015
Esperanza Pring
Esperanza Pring marked it as to-read
Sep 19, 2014
Lajuana Ehlers
Lajuana Ehlers marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2014
Storminateacup marked it as to-read
Jul 08, 2014
Sammie Held
Sammie Held marked it as to-read
May 14, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Be Good to Yourself Elf-help Therapy The Well-Heeled Murders More Be-Good-To-Yourself Therapy The Fearless Flyer: How to Fly in Comfort and Without Trepidation Be-good-to-yourself Therapy (Elf-help)