Start by marking “His Private Mistress” as Want to Read:
His Private Mistress

His Private Mistress

3.18 of 5 stars 3.18  ·  rating details  ·  84 ratings  ·  14 reviews
Four years ago the passionate and very public affair between a charismatic Italian Formula One racing driver and a young journalist ended in an explosion of betrayal and deceit. Rafael Santini and Eden Lawrence vowed never to see each other again! Now Rafe is back in Eden's life. An older, wiser Eden knows she needs more from Rafe desire for the only man she's ever loved.. ...more
Paperback, Harlequin Presents, #2654, 192 pages
Published August 1st 2007 by Harlequin (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about His Private Mistress, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about His Private Mistress

Leona
She was just way too accepting of all the filth he and his family threw at her.

There was one particularly violent sex scene, that had I been her, he would have become one whole octave higher.

Jenny
Rafael Santini is an Italian Formula One racing driver and Eden is a graceful journalist who fights for human rights and has made great strides in humanitarian efforts. They had an affair 4 years ago but Rafe ended things with her when he saw her in the arms of his younger brother. After his brother dies Rafael and Eden meet again but this time she is reluctant to resume their relationship and trust him with her heart again.

Loved this book! Eden was such a great character. Compassionate, strong,
Becky
I couldn't finish...maybe I'll go back just to read the awful scenes described by others, but I stopped reading at the least romantic line I've ever read in any romance novel. "Promise me you’ll stay with me, Eden, for as long as I want you.” For "as long as I want you"? Are you kidding? He's been with multiple women in their years apart while of course, despite a sensual, passionate nature, she's been on ice. He had the mistress of the past 3 months in his bed when he brought Eden back to his h ...more
Ire Ajayi
I got this as a suggestion book and I thought I'd give the genre a try.... Big mistake, kept falling asleep... And the sloppy writing did nothing for me. How could the author just lazily use a whole continent as a point of reference? If you wanted a place in Africa so badly why not pick the Congo, land mines there, or Niger or Somalia or Sudan, but to confine the whole continent to 'war and famine and poverty etc' is unforgivable. South Africa, Botswana, Kenya, Nigeria, Ghana, Mauritania, Cape V ...more
Pravana
Arrogant Rafael- his explanation for his other women during their period of seperation "I pretended that they were you."!!!!!!
the absolutely wimpy Eden with no backbone goes begging back to him. Though they show that she's angry and smarting she does not come across as being stronger for her ordeal.

Throw in the Hero's father into the mix - he connives, conspires and conscripts his younger son into letting Rafael catch him with Eden in a compromising position.

Grrrr... I so did not like this boo
Lindsay
What can you say? You know this is a harlequin romance which means terrible plot, a love struck woman and a man so breathtakingly sexy said women becomes stupid and looses all morals because of her desperate need to be with this man. And this is exactly what this book is. Stupid? yes. Did I want to slap both main characters? Yes. Was I disappointed? No :)
Diamond
الموت حبا
وقفت تايري في وجه الريح ولم تضعف ... حدقت في عيني الموت ولم تخف .. فلماذا يخيفها الآن ايوان سنكلير ؟ ولماذا يضعف قلبها إلى هذا الحد أمامه ؟ ألم يقل لها ستو إن الحب هو للضعفاء والمغفلين ؟
لكن ستو مات الآن ومات كين أيضا .. ولعل الحب هو ما قتلهما .. وعادت تايري وحيدة في الحياة كما كانت منذ ولدت .. لا أهل . لا أقرباء . لا أحباء .لا أحد إلا هذا الرجل ... إنه يطاردها يحاصرها ينقذها ليعود ***جنها يريد أن يحاسبها على جريمة لم تقترفها ..
... وعلى شفتيها صرخة تحبسها كي لا تنطلق : ألا تعلم .. جريمت
Andrea Moreno
...2.5... ...more
Meg Kinch
2.5 stars really... Hero is arrogant, argumentative, and has a temper that's out of this world and I ended up scanning a scene because I didn't feel like anger should have made the situation okay. The heroine while strong in some parts, in others had the mentality of the TSTL type when she continually puts up with his crap and stays. Could have been better.
Rappaccini's  Daughter

Another slut hero and celibate heroine...who'd rather let cobwebs accumulate in her vadge than let some other, more worthy, guy near it.

No thanks.
Missy
Good story...worth the read.
Karrie
typical harlequin :)
Hildy Peterson
Grade:D-

Ugh.
Jamie
Jamie marked it as to-read
May 31, 2015
Sweetpea
Sweetpea marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2015
Joelle.bcn
Joelle.bcn marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2015
Joyce David
Joyce David marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2015
Bunny
Bunny added it
Mar 06, 2015
Zainab Freitas
Zainab Freitas marked it as to-read
Jan 31, 2015
Mandy
Mandy added it
Nov 24, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
I grew up without a TV, let alone DVD’s, computer games etc that my kids spend so much time engrossed in, but I learned to read at an early age and from then on I was always entertained – so much so that my friends used to hide their books when I visited them because all I wanted to do was read!

When I was a teenager I discovered Mills & Boon romances in my local library, and so began a lifelon
More about Chantelle Shaw...
The Greek Billionaire's Innocent Princess (The Royal House of Karedes #5) His Unknown Heir Ruthless Russian, Lost Innocence (Harlequin Presents, #2920) Argentinian Playboy, Unexpected Love-Child (Harlequin Presents Extra, #70) The Spanish Duke's Virgin Bride (Harlequin Presents, #2679)