Start by marking “His Private Mistress” as Want to Read:
His Private Mistress

His Private Mistress

Four years ago the passionate and very public affair between a charismatic Italian Formula One racing driver and a young journalist ended in an explosion of betrayal and deceit. Rafael Santini and Eden Lawrence vowed never to see each other again! Now Rafe is back in Eden's life. An older, wiser Eden knows she needs more from Rafe desire for the only man she's ever loved.. ...more
Paperback, Harlequin Presents, #2654, 192 pages
Published August 1st 2007 by Harlequin (first published 2006)

To ask other readers questions about His Private Mistress, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about His Private Mistress

Leona
Apr 02, 2013 Leona rated it liked it
She was just way too accepting of all the filth he and his family threw at her.

There was one particularly violent sex scene, that had I been her, he would have become one whole octave higher.

Ire Ajayi
May 08, 2013 Ire Ajayi rated it did not like it
I got this as a suggestion book and I thought I'd give the genre a try.... Big mistake, kept falling asleep... And the sloppy writing did nothing for me. How could the author just lazily use a whole continent as a point of reference? If you wanted a place in Africa so badly why not pick the Congo, land mines there, or Niger or Somalia or Sudan, but to confine the whole continent to 'war and famine and poverty etc' is unforgivable. South Africa, Botswana, Kenya, Nigeria, Ghana, Mauritania, Cape V ...more
Jenny
Apr 01, 2013 Jenny rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Rafael Santini is an Italian Formula One racing driver and Eden is a graceful journalist who fights for human rights and has made great strides in humanitarian efforts. They had an affair 4 years ago but Rafe ended things with her when he saw her in the arms of his younger brother. After his brother dies Rafael and Eden meet again but this time she is reluctant to resume their relationship and trust him with her heart again.

Loved this book! Eden was such a great character. Compassionate, strong,
Becky
I couldn't finish...maybe I'll go back just to read the awful scenes described by others, but I stopped reading at the least romantic line I've ever read in any romance novel. "Promise me you’ll stay with me, Eden, for as long as I want you.” For "as long as I want you"? Are you kidding? He's been with multiple women in their years apart while of course, despite a sensual, passionate nature, she's been on ice. He had the mistress of the past 3 months in his bed when he brought Eden back to his h ...more
Pravana
Arrogant Rafael- his explanation for his other women during their period of seperation "I pretended that they were you."!!!!!!
the absolutely wimpy Eden with no backbone goes begging back to him. Though they show that she's angry and smarting she does not come across as being stronger for her ordeal.

Throw in the Hero's father into the mix - he connives, conspires and conscripts his younger son into letting Rafael catch him with Eden in a compromising position.

Grrrr... I so did not like this boo
Lindsay
Oct 27, 2014 Lindsay rated it liked it
What can you say? You know this is a harlequin romance which means terrible plot, a love struck woman and a man so breathtakingly sexy said women becomes stupid and looses all morals because of her desperate need to be with this man. And this is exactly what this book is. Stupid? yes. Did I want to slap both main characters? Yes. Was I disappointed? No :)
Diamond
الموت حبا
وقفت تايري في وجه الريح ولم تضعف ... حدقت في عيني الموت ولم تخف .. فلماذا يخيفها الآن ايوان سنكلير ؟ ولماذا يضعف قلبها إلى هذا الحد أمامه ؟ ألم يقل لها ستو إن الحب هو للضعفاء والمغفلين ؟
لكن ستو مات الآن ومات كين أيضا .. ولعل الحب هو ما قتلهما .. وعادت تايري وحيدة في الحياة كما كانت منذ ولدت .. لا أهل . لا أقرباء . لا أحباء .لا أحد إلا هذا الرجل ... إنه يطاردها يحاصرها ينقذها ليعود ***جنها يريد أن يحاسبها على جريمة لم تقترفها ..
... وعلى شفتيها صرخة تحبسها كي لا تنطلق : ألا تعلم .. جريمت
Andrea Moreno
Apr 06, 2014 Andrea Moreno rated it liked it
...2.5... ...more
Meg Kinch
Apr 08, 2011 Meg Kinch rated it liked it
2.5 stars really... Hero is arrogant, argumentative, and has a temper that's out of this world and I ended up scanning a scene because I didn't feel like anger should have made the situation okay. The heroine while strong in some parts, in others had the mentality of the TSTL type when she continually puts up with his crap and stays. Could have been better.
Rappaccini's  Daughter

Another slut hero and celibate heroine...who'd rather let cobwebs accumulate in her vadge than let some other, more worthy, guy near it.

No thanks.
Sofia T. (♥ Dimitri Belikov)
A fascinating story...Worth reading.

First posted on:
Missy
Oct 23, 2013 Missy rated it really liked it
Good story...worth the read.
Karrie
Shelves: 2009, listmania
Grade:D-

Ugh.
Rachel
Rachel is currently reading it
Aug 25, 2016
Nafisah
Nafisah rated it it was amazing
Jul 29, 2016
Heeta
Heeta rated it it was ok
Jul 19, 2016
Cady Lorenzana
Cady Lorenzana rated it liked it
Jul 13, 2016
angie budd
angie budd rated it really liked it
Jul 06, 2016
Anita
Anita marked it as to-read
Jun 27, 2016
Amoon Albloushi
Amoon Albloushi marked it as to-read
May 28, 2016
Kevin
Kevin marked it as to-read
Apr 14, 2016
Laura rated it liked it
Apr 08, 2016
Paris
Paris marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2016
Rachel
Rachel rated it liked it
Mar 11, 2016
Amanda Ables
Amanda Ables rated it it was amazing
Mar 09, 2016
Dina Hicks machado
Dina Hicks machado rated it it was amazing
Mar 03, 2016
Joyce Shen
Joyce Shen marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2016
Suzanne
Suzanne marked it as to-read
Feb 10, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
I grew up without a TV, let alone DVD’s, computer games etc that my kids spend so much time engrossed in, but I learned to read at an early age and from then on I was always entertained – so much so that my friends used to hide their books when I visited them because all I wanted to do was read!

When I was a teenager I discovered Mills & Boon romances in my local library, and so began a lifelon
More about Chantelle Shaw...