Start by marking “Confronting Without Offending” as Want to Read:
Confronting Without Offending

Confronting Without Offending

Published March 1st 2009 by Harvest House Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Confronting Without Offending, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Confronting Without Offending

Cateyesmd
Oct 03, 2014 Cateyesmd rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2014-challenge
Simply written and great strategies!!

This is a great resource for those that tend to stir away from confrontation out of fear AND those that struggle with how to confront tactfully. Deborah Pegues does an excellent job giving real life examples of when confrontation may be needed and how to effectively do so without making the situation worse as a result of the confrontation.

I plan to re-read this book over again and again! Make sure to take the time to take the quiz on determine your personali
Mona Randall
Dec 30, 2015 Mona Randall rated it it was amazing
Shelves: on-my-shelf
This is an amazing read. I like that "confrontation" actually means a FACE TO FACE TALK, not the negative meaning that it carries today. It has great scenarios to practice confronting methods. I'm using the sandwich method on my cat, she's a sloppy eater. Go forth and confront with gentleness and respect.
Laura Baker
Laura Baker rated it it was amazing
Aug 13, 2016
Liza
Liza rated it it was amazing
Jun 26, 2016
Shurmon Clarke
Shurmon Clarke rated it it was amazing
Jun 28, 2016
Jaimie
Jaimie rated it did not like it
May 29, 2014
Patrik Josefsson
Patrik Josefsson rated it did not like it
Aug 06, 2014
Linette
Linette rated it really liked it
Nov 22, 2014
Alexa
Alexa rated it did not like it
Aug 05, 2015
Kate
Kate marked it as to-read
Jan 21, 2014
Roscheeta Brundige
Roscheeta Brundige marked it as to-read
Mar 21, 2014
Reba Johnson
Reba Johnson marked it as to-read
Jul 07, 2014
Nkemchor Albert
Nkemchor Albert marked it as to-read
Oct 07, 2014
Christina Thompson
Christina Thompson marked it as to-read
Dec 05, 2014
Tecla
Tecla marked it as to-read
Jun 05, 2015
Billie Blake
Billie Blake is currently reading it
Jun 24, 2015
Maurissa Mitchem
Maurissa Mitchem marked it as to-read
Jan 08, 2016
Aubrey Griffin
Aubrey Griffin marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2016
April Vaughan
April Vaughan marked it as to-read
Jun 22, 2016
Amber McDonald
Amber McDonald is currently reading it
Aug 03, 2016
Tim
Tim is currently reading it
Sep 10, 2016
MORD-ESSIE INGRAM
MORD-ESSIE INGRAM is currently reading it
Sep 28, 2016
London
London is currently reading it
Oct 12, 2016

“The Dictator Supervisor When I held a high-visibility position at a Fortune 500 company, I was adamant about the quality of the correspondence that went out of my department. Although I had a superstar staff, I edited all staff memos in order to make them “better.” One day, because time was of the essence, I quickly reviewed a memo in the presence of the writer and concluded that it conveyed the message and required no changes. I would have worded it a little differently, yet I simply stated that it was okay to send it. The woman who had written the memo was ecstatic. She said, “No changes? I can’t believe it!” She was beaming. From that day forward, I made adjustments to staff memos only when it was absolutely necessary. The impact on morale was amazing. I learned something that I had not learned in business school: people need to feel that they exercise some control or authority in their environment.” 0 likes
“Obedience is the performance of a request, but submission comes from the heart.” 0 likes