Murder's Immortal Mask (Ancient Rome, #5)

Murder's Immortal Mask (Ancient Rome #5)

3.64 of 5 stars 3.64  ·  rating details  ·  53 ratings  ·  4 reviews
In Paul Doherty's brilliant new Roman novel, Claudia must find a vicious killer stalking the streets of Imperial Rome.September 314 AD and in the Caelian quarter of Rome the Nefandus has reappeared. For years he waged bloody murder throughout Rome, killing prositutes from the house of Isis. He only ceased his brutal slayings when Constantine became Emperor. Now he has abru...more
Published April 2008 by Headline (first published 2008)

To ask other readers questions about Murder's Immortal Mask, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Murder's Immortal Mask

Ruth
c2008. Following through his myriad of offerings. The plots all seem vaguely familiar with a seemingly impossible murder - in this case - a murder in a room that was locked and no other entrance. However, despite this - I still did not guess the real villian. Nice easy reading. "It was bat-wing time, between light and dark, the strange hour when the day's work was done but that of the night had yet to begin."
Terri
Just a book. An easy to read, easy to digest bit of a mystery. Wouldn't exactly make me race out and buy another of Paul Doherty's books (this was my first), but because it was so simple and harmless, if I saw one by him on a special in a bookstore, I'd likely buy it. For it's appeal as a quick read. A perfect option on those days when I didn't feel like putting too much brain power into reading.
Tom O'Connor
Just a straight forward mystery (although it was pretty obvious who the killer was). I like his books because I like the historical settings and the brief historical setting explanations at the back. Entertaining, but not a must read, by any means. Plus that puts me back onto the "a book a day" pace for the 100.
Mary
Interesting. It was like Jack the Ripper in Ancient Rome. That was one part of it. The other part was searching for the tomb of Saint Peter at the Vatican with murder involved. There there was all the politicking of the capital of the Empire being moved to Byzantium. Very interesting.
Margaret
Margaret marked it as to-read
Jul 30, 2014
Kristin
Kristin marked it as to-read
Jul 04, 2014
Denise
Denise marked it as to-read
Jun 18, 2014
Shane Dougall
Shane Dougall marked it as to-read
Jun 16, 2014
Beverly
Beverly marked it as to-read
Jun 03, 2014
Liz Dean
Liz Dean marked it as to-read
May 14, 2014
James Hammitt
James Hammitt marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2014
Josh
Josh marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2014
Ruth
Ruth marked it as to-read
Mar 02, 2014
905_schrama
905_schrama marked it as to-read
Feb 06, 2014
Tim
Tim marked it as to-read
Jan 25, 2014
Linda Apgar
Linda Apgar marked it as to-read
Oct 31, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »

He has been published under several pseudonyms: P.C. Doherty, C.L. Grace, Paul Harding, Ann Dukthas, Vanessa Alexander, Michael Clynes and Anna Apostolou but now writes only under his own name.

Paul Doherty was born in Middlesbrough (North-Eastern England) in 1946. He had the...more
More about Paul Doherty...
Satan in St Mary's (Hugh Corbett, #1) The Mask of Ra (Amerotke, #1) The Nightingale Gallery (Sorrowful Mysteries of Brother Athelstan, #1) The Anubis Slayings (Amerotke, #3) The Horus Killings (Amerotke, #2)