Start by marking “Myth-Nomers and Im-Pervections (Myth Adventures, #8)” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Myth-Nomers and Im-Per...

Robert Lynn Asprin

Myth-Nomers and Im-Pervections (Myth Adventures #8)

3.91  ·  Rating Details ·  5,233 Ratings  ·  62 Reviews
Skeeve is living large as the president and founder of M.Y.T.H. Inc., a co-op of magik consultants-until his demon cohort, Aahz, resigns and leaves in a huff. Now Skeeve finds himself in the missing Pervect's home dimension, the worst neighborhood in the galaxy.
Unknown Binding, 189 pages
Published January 1st 1987 by Donning Company Publishers

To ask other readers questions about Myth-Nomers and Im-Pervections, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Myth-Nomers and Im-Pervections

Gavin
Sep 01, 2015 Gavin rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
This was a bit of an odd addition to the Myth series. Usually Skeeve and his friends team up to deal with some sort of task or mishap, but in this one Skeeve is off on his own solo quest.

After Queen Hemlock pretty much sent a deceleration of war at the end of M.Y.T.H. Inc. Link Skeeve decides to send the M.Y.T.H. Inc team to Klah to try to put a stop to whatever she is plotting. Skeeve himself heads to Aahz, his mentors, home world of Pervect in a last gasp attempt to lure him back to the M.Y.T
BridgetT
Feb 11, 2017 BridgetT rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: my-books, 2017
I'm still enjoying this series. Easy, fun to read, no-brainer. Just plain entertainment.
Sam
Oct 15, 2011 Sam rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
This is a great little read and it doesn't matter if you haven't read any of the series (like me) as most of what you need to know is explained during the course of the story. Obviously not all the characters are fully developed but there is plenty of others that make their appearances that carry the story well. Skeeve is an hysterical character and utterly inept at making his own decisions until someone manages to give him the wake up call he obviously needs. The setting is superb and Asprin gi ...more
Neil
Nov 16, 2015 Neil rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was book 8 in the Myth Adventures series.At the end of the previous book we learnt that Aahz had returned to his home Dimension of Perv. Also Queen Hemlock has thrown down the gauntlet to Skeeve and his crew. While the rest of the crew are sent to Klah to try and halt the Queen's plans, Skeeve ventures to Perv to try and locate Aahz.
This book mainly focuses on Skeeve and the problems he faces whilst in a new Dimension for him. He get to meet some more unusual characters, and through what th
Margaret
Aug 02, 2008 Margaret rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, american, fantasy
Skeeve goes looking for Aahz in Perv. Hijinks ensue.
Thomas
Nov 21, 2016 Thomas rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, funny, re-read, 2016
The One About Perv

When I decided I wanted to re-read these books, I tracked most of them down through used bookstores. In my haste, I grabbed what I could find, not paying attention to whether or not they were the editions with the Phil Foglio illustrations. The first time I read this book, I read that edition, and I found myself missing them during my re-read.

With this book, we go back to Skeeve's point of view, as he travels alone to Perv to ask Aahz to come back to the company. Perv is based
John Kirk
The basic plot is reasonable enough, but it's also pretty straightforward (Skeeve goes looking for Aahz). So, a book like this really relies on the way the story is told, and it seems to fall flat compared to earlier books in the series: it just doesn't have the same spark of humour.

There are also a couple of odd quirks that don't really work. (view spoiler)
Ensiform
Nov 28, 2011 Ensiform rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
With the rest of the gang on Klah to see what they can do about Queen Hemlock’s having thrown down the gauntlet to Skeeve in the last book, our hero travels alone to Perv to find Aahz, who has quit the team in a snit. Left to his own devices, Skeeve learns about city life, street vendors, credit limits, corrupt cops, alcohol, and muggers, while following in Aahz’s footsteps, discovering what makes his partner tick.

A fun read, light (as usual) on plot, and with the usual monologues about Life and
Heather
I love these books so much. This is my first time reading this series and I love it. I've yet to be disappointed.

Skeeve is on Perv looking for Aahz. They had a falling out and Aahz went back to his dimension. This book is all Skeeve centric and introduces a few new characters that I really hope continue with the next books.

The humor is still as prevalent in this one as it was in the first. Chock full of puns as usually. You can tell Robert Asprin was a giant nerd; one of the headings for the ch
Jessica
Nov 09, 2008 Jessica rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Skeeve's first adventure all on his own! Well, kind of on his own. He does enlist the help of Calvin, a Djin that only he can see.

Aahz's feelings get hurt by an off-handed remark by Skeeve. Aahz, in an alarming display of childishness, leaves M.Y.T.H. Inc and Skeeve in a huff. Skeeve feels adequately chagrined, and decides to follow Aahz to Perv to apologize and beg him to come back.

This is the first time that more than a couple of sentences are spent on Aahz's home dimension of Perv, and it's a
Conan Tigard
Nov 15, 2015 Conan Tigard rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was happy with the focus of the story returning to Skeeve. Without the Aahz and Skeeve interaction, I found the story lacking its quick dialog and the fun that I was used to expecting in this series. Still, the story is interesting as you get to learn more about Perv and more information about Aahz in his youth, although I felt that it wasn't enough. I really would have liked to learn a lot more.

Overall, even though Myth-nomers and Im-pervections is not quite as funny as the others, it is sti
Michael Tildsley
Jan 19, 2017 Michael Tildsley rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very good book, though not quite as fun as the previous book in this series. Here, Asprin has Skeeve going to the dimension of Perv to track down Aahz and, he hopes, urge him back into the group. I think this is the most peril that Apsrin has put his beloved main character in to date, which makes the book fresh and enjoyable.

I also enjoy the elements the author adds that allow the loyal reader to know more about Aahz and his origin story, so to speak. To this point, though it never occurred to
Ryk Stanton
Oct 12, 2014 Ryk Stanton rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I didn't care for the book that came before this, but this book was back to being excellent. This is the first time I ever read this book, by the way. On my last readthrough of the series, I quit after the previous book because it irritated me so much. I wish I had read on: This book really stepped things up a notch. It's like this book turned a corner, and I am actually excited for what comes next.

Oh, I almost forgot - this book really stepped up the social satire. Several actual laugh-out-loud
Keziah Wallis
May 24, 2009 Keziah Wallis rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: to-edit
I absolutely adore this book. Skeeve's visit to the mysterious and anti-social world of Perv is hysterically funny. The nastiest and most dangerous dimension isn't even safe against the insanity that follows Skeeve. Following along after his partner Aahz, Skeeve travels to Perv hoping to be able to find the trail of Aahz.

First he gets in trouble with the police for being polite and one thing leads to another until the same kind of trouble that follows Skeeve everywhere collides with some of the
An Odd1
Oct 23, 2011 An Odd1 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, fun
Magician Skeeve leaves, team off-stage will battle Queen Hemlock on Klah, while he searches rude lizard dimension Perv, for Aahz, Deva bazaar company partner who resigned unhappy. Aided and blocked by mys-fits such as small djinn Kalvin, cab-driver Edvik, sidewalk entrepreneur J.R., bodyguard serpentine Pookie, and others, he explores meaning of friendship and self-reliance. Veiled in arguments with store and hotel clerks, cops and criminals, bar brawls and alley escapes, are philosophical maund ...more
Tom Loock
Aug 25, 2011 Tom Loock rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, comedy
Re-read in December 2013. Myth-Nomers and Im-Pervections is still quite readable and funny, but it's (again) a bit thin story-wise as it is the first solo adventure of Skeeve with a few cameos; also, Asprin rambles on a lot about philosophical and moral issues. The author's strength (also, again) is with additions to the supporting cast, specifically Kalvin. On to the next one.
David Hibberd
Dec 14, 2009 David Hibberd rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, humor
Robert Asprin writes brilliant humor in his MYTH series. He creates an odd assortment of characters that are fun to read about. I would read the books to my family and we laughed our way through all the books. If you like humor, magic, mobsters, demons, dragons, and other such characters, read Robert's MYTH books. If you don't like those kinds of characters, read the books and you will come away with some crazy new friends.
Richard S. Nardiello
A great change of pace.

I always pick up these books when I'm in the mood for some light reading. Damn funny light reading. I've really enjoyed the adventures in the previous editions, but I liked the change of pace of the self examination and soul searching that Skeve undergoes in this volume. At the same time the other characters are growing and changing along with Skeve. Well done and well written!
Đenis
Mar 20, 2016 Đenis rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-shelf
Na konci minulej poviedkovej knihe Skeeveho opustil Aahz. Skeeve sa s tým nemieni zmieriť a tak sám vyráža na Aahzovu domovskú dimenziu. Tú najhoršiu a najnenavídenejšiu dimenziu Perv. Tam ho samozrejme nečaká nič iné ako problémy a epizódy prameniace z jeho nevedomosti. Na pomoc si berie džina Kelvína, ktorý nie je až tak nápomocný ako spočiatku Skeeve dúfal. V tejto knižke sa má začať mlaďochove dospievanie a posilnenie jeho psyché.
Walt
Feb 09, 2008 Walt rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
The eighth book in the myth series is somewhat dry and missing some of the humor that is usually present. The hero goes in search of his friend.

It is clever in that the hero goes to a place that incorporates magic and modern technology - something like New York in 2008 where magic is common place and used by everyone. There were some funny scenes; but the gem in this is the unique description of Aahz's home demension.
East Bay J
Sep 13, 2008 East Bay J rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: novels
Aahz takes off because he feels like he’s not needed and Skeeve’s off to Perv to bring him back. I’ve said it too often but the interplay between Aahz and Skeeve is what makes this series for me. Myth-Nomers & Im-Pervections is a lot about Skeeve becoming an adult and it’s still a great read but, when Aahz finally shows up, it’s like a breath of fresh air. This is still one of the best series ever.
Krista Ivy
Aahz has left and Skeeve has to go after him. With a bit of help from some nice Pervects and some misunderstandings, he finds Aahz. Skeeve admits that he was wrong and apologizes for how obsessive he had become. Aahz goes back with him when he realizes what a pickle Skeeve has gotten himself into with the Queen Hemlock situation backfiring.
Diane ~Firefly~
Feb 08, 2010 Diane ~Firefly~ rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Skeeve heads to Perv to find Aahz and apologize. It was great to see Perv finally. Skeeve meets a few locals who help him in his search, plus he brought a Djinn with him. He also has a few run-ins with the police. It is nice to see Skeeve being more like himself again.

Unfortunately the books took a bit of hiatus after this one and never regained the magic that made them so much fun.
Tyrannosaurus regina
There were only two things that I remembered about this from the first time I read it, the Klahdish meal, and the ending (though I'd mixed up two of the characters involved). I actually liked that it took a turn for the more serious overall, but for one of the most feared dimensions, people were remarkably decent overall. Then again, there never are any real obstacles in these books.
Rachel
Sep 06, 2011 Rachel rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
This book in the series was a bit better than the previous one, since the point of view is back to Skeeve (the main character), but it was slow and a bit boring. There was only one short scene of action that had a bit of magic. I hope the next in the series has more action.
Qt
Dec 07, 2007 Qt rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In this one, it was great fun for me to finally get to see where Aahz came from (he's my favorite from the series) and get to know a little about his background, which contained some surprises. The usual nice mixture of humor, adventure, and sweetness.
Jess Schira
Although this book does a great job allowing Skeeve to evolve and learn about himself, it's a slow read. It feels like a placeholder in the series.
Richard Kelly
Return to the single point of view was nice, but the story seemed to be lacking. Still fun, but not great.
Serena
Jan 09, 2013 Serena rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
My Rating System:
Art
Jun 02, 2012 Art rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned

a funny enough book. I'll have to get some more, although they seem to be in short supply.
  • A Difficulty with Dwarves (The Ballad of Wuntvor, #1)
  • Castle Kidnapped (Castle Perilous, #3)
  • Robert Asprin's Myth-Quoted
  • Callahan's Legacy (Mary's Place #2, Callahan's #7)
  • Golem in the Gears (Xanth, #9)
  • Chicks in Chainmail (Chicks in Chainmail, #1)
Robert (Lynn) Asprin was born in 1946. While he wrote some stand alone novels such as Cold Cash War, Tambu and The Bug Wars and also the Duncan and Mallory Illustrated stories, Bob is best known for his series fantasy, such as the Myth Adventures of Aahz and Skeeve, the Phule’s Company novels and the Time Scout novels written with Linda Evans. He also edited the groundbreaking Thieves’ World antho ...more
More about Robert Lynn Asprin...

Myth Adventures (1 - 10 of 21 books)
  • Another Fine Myth (Myth Adventures, #1)
  • Myth Conceptions (Myth Adventures, #2)
  • Myth Directions (Myth Adventures, #3)
  • Hit or Myth (Myth Adventures, #4)
  • Myth-ing Persons (Myth Adventures, #5)
  • Little Myth Marker (Myth Adventures, #6)
  • M.Y.T.H. Inc. Link (Myth Adventures, #7)
  • M.Y.T.H. Inc. in Action (Myth Adventures, #9)
  • Sweet Myth-Tery of Life (Myth Adventures, #10)
  • Myth-ion Improbable (Myth Adventures, #11)