Start by marking “Lone Star Heiress” as Want to Read:
Lone Star Heiress

Lone Star Heiress (Texas Grooms #4)

4.26 of 5 stars 4.26  ·  rating details  ·  27 ratings  ·  17 reviews
Rescuer Turned Husband?

Plucky Ivy Feagan is headed to Turnabout, Texas, to claim an inheritance, not a widower's heart. That all changes when strapping schoolteacher Mitch Parker rescues her in the wilderness. Straightlaced Mitch has never met a woman like Ivy—beautiful, adventurous and good-hearted—but he already lost love once and doesn't dare try again.

When Turnabout's
Published June 3rd 2014 by Love Inspired (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Lone Star Heiress, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lone Star Heiress

Deluge by Lisa Tawn BergrenThe Princess Spy by Melanie DickersonThe Secret of Pembrooke Park by Julie KlassenWith Every Breath by Elizabeth CamdenA Beauty So Rare by Tamera Alexander
Christian 2014-2015 Fiction You Can't Wait To Read!
44th out of 46 books — 44 voters
Eucalyptus by Murray BailTwilight by Stephenie MeyerHero by Alethea KontisThe Day of the Triffids by John WyndhamThe Governess by Noorilhuda
Plant Life
63rd out of 196 books — 4 voters

More lists with this book...

Rhonda

4 STARS

This is the last book in the Texas Groom series. I have enjoyed reading all 4 books. Lone Star Heiress is a clean romance with characters that have gone through hard challenges. I like how the group keeps growing and they get together still each Sunday for a meal.

Ivy Feagan is traveling by herself to Turnabout, Texas. She has a accident along the way, her mule has gone lame and she is dressed like a boy. She is startled by Mitch and hits her head hard.

Mitch is alone by himself at a fr
Andrea
This is book #4 of the Texas Grooms series. The story begins in Texas in June 1896. Ivy Feagan has left her home with Nana Dovie in Nettles Gap to travel alone to Turnabout as she has received a letter stating she needs to come there regarding an inheritance her father left her. Her mule, Jubal, becomes lame with the long travel journey. Mitch Parker is a school teacher who lost his wife a few years back. He is vacationing at a friend's cabin about 4 hours away from Turnabout when he happens upo ...more
Lisa  (Bookworm Lisa)
I have two of the four Texas Grooms books. I love the characters. They are a great group of friends, who love and support each other through trials. I just need to read the first two books to see how it all started.

Ivy is a fun character. She is full of spunk and life. She has her mind made up on what is important and how she wants to live her life. She holds tightly to her beliefs and her ideals. She is loyal and gives with everything she has.

Mitch is her opposite. He is closed mouth and closed
Joanie Bruce
This book is wonderful! It’s is a clean, Christian romance story about two characters who actually care about those people who mean a lot to them.

In this book, a young woman named Ivy Reagan is on her way to Turnabout, Texas, in response to a letter she received about an inheritance. When she is frightened in the woods by Mitch Parker and is injured, he takes her to his cabin in the woods and tends to her wounds. When he helps her on to the city of Turnabout, she meets new friends there and fits
Lis K
This is the 4th book in the Texas Grooms series and my first read of Winnie Griggs' work. Overall, it was a quick but pleasant read. I have not read the previous 3 books in the series, but this could be read as a stand-alone book. However, the couples from the previous books make appearances in this story so readers of the series would appreciate seeing these familiar characters again. I thought the author did a great job with the characterization of the hero and heroine. The hero, Mitch, is a s ...more
Harlequin Books
"The final Texas Grooms story is a delight to read, and readers will be sad that it is the last book. Yet there’s promise that the author’s trips to Turnabout are not over (RT Book Reviews)". 4 1/2 stars

Miniseries: Texas Grooms (Love Inspired Historical)
Sonya Heaney
Originally posted HERE .

Christian books set in 19th century Texas aren’t really my thing, but I was all out of historical romances to read, so I thought I’d give Lone Star Heiress a chance.

I liked some aspects of this story a lot, and found others to be just okay. The plot is very slow to develop, but then Christian romances tend to be a little more like this than mainstream fiction.

I did really like the opening few chapters. Our heroine is surprised by our hero, falls, and injures herself. It
Ruth
Jul 18, 2014 Ruth rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: All Historical Romance lovers
"Lone Star Heiress" by Winnie Griggs, is a treat for lovers of historical fiction and I am delighted to give it a 4 star rating. Will the straight laced school teacher, Mitch Parker ever dare to let down his barriers and love a beautiful, adventurous and good-hearted woman, Ivy Feagan. This is another great book by Winnie, in the Texas Grooms series, that can either be read as a follow-up to the last book or as a stand-alone book. I highly recommend this book to anyone liking a good romance writ ...more
Janine
“Lone Star Heiress” by Winnie Griggs is her fourth book in her 'Texas Groom' series where the last and final would-be groom finds his own happy ending. To finally see the reclusive, stand offish Mitch Parker tumble head over heels was an enjoyable experience to say the least. Though this book is indeed a part of a series, it can stand all by itself as well. Any information that is needed from prior books is explained so that a reader won't feel as if they are missing something.

I have since the f
Clare O'Beara
This is a light historical western romance, with more emphasis on gardening than on saloons. A young woman called Ivy makes her way to the town of Turnabout, with only her mule and dog as companions. She encounters the town schoolteacher called Mitch, who looks after her when a fall makes her mildly concussed.

Mitch brings Ivy the rest of the way to town and she tries to claim her inheritance of half a ranch, which of course is not plain sailing. There is much emphasis on propriety in the story
Megan Williamson
I loved the interplay between two seemingly incompatible characters. The love that follows after the unconventional beginning makes it all the more sweet.
A fun read. I liked that Ivy had no problems speaking her mind. She stood up for herself whether or not society thinks she should!
Language: clean, heat level: mild
Carolyn
Not my favorite, just was a little long and dragged just a touch.
Glenda Parker
A great book. Winnie does a great job on this one. Check it out.
Harlequin Historical
Miniseries: Texas Grooms
Annie
I absolutely loved this story. Mitch and Ivy are such a lovely couple. Rufus stole my heart. I am glad that there will be more stories about Turnabout. My Wishlist: 1) I hope that Eileen gets a happily ever after. 2) I really hope that Mrs Ortolon finally gets a large dose of her own medicine in an upcoming story. 3) I would love to see Rufus find his match too. Every family in town deserves to have a Rufus but I am sure they will gladly make do with his puppies.....
A.M. Heath
Another great book to add to my favorites list. Lone Star Heiress is the type of clean, heart warming story that Christian fiction ought to be. I loved every minute of it, and what's even better is that I just learned the author is extending the series!
corine stewart
corine stewart is currently reading it
Dec 11, 2014
Trisha Ontiveros
Trisha Ontiveros marked it as to-read
Dec 04, 2014
Cindy Coleman
Cindy Coleman marked it as to-read
Nov 28, 2014
Aimee
Aimee marked it as to-read
Nov 21, 2014
Alison
Alison marked it as to-read
Nov 14, 2014
Jamie
Jamie added it
Nov 12, 2014
Megan
Megan added it
Michelle
Michelle marked it as to-read
Kylie Nix
Kylie Nix marked it as to-read
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 2 3 hours, 19 min ago
  • Finally a Bride (Charity House, #7)
  • The Courting Campaign (The Master Matchmakers, #1)
  • Family Lessons (Orphan Train, #1)
  • Roping the Wrangler (Wyoming Legacy #2)
  • The Baby Bequest (Wilderness Brides, #2)
  • Married by Christmas (Smoky Mountain Matches, #5)
  • The Doctor's Mission
  • A Rumored Engagement
  • A Texas-Made Match
  • An Inconvenient Match
  • The Reluctant Earl
  • Groom by Arrangement
  • The Earl's Honorable Intentions (Glass Slipper Brides, #3)
  • A Bride in Store (Unexpected Brides #2)
191160
Winnie Griggs grew up in south Louisiana in an undeveloped area her friends thought of as the very back of beyond. With her two younger siblings and another family of two siblings for playmates, she spent many an hour exploring the overgrown land around her home, cutting jungle trails, building forts and frontier camps, and looking for pirate ships on the nearby bayou.

Once she ‘grew up’ she found
More about Winnie Griggs...
The Hand-Me-Down Family A Baby Between Them (Irish Brides, # 3) Handpicked Husband (Texas Grooms, #1) The Proper Wife The Bride Next Door (Texas Grooms, #2)