Start by marking “Safe in the Tycoon's Arms” as Want to Read:
Safe in the Tycoon's Arms

Safe in the Tycoon's Arms

3.92 of 5 stars 3.92  ·  rating details  ·  72 ratings  ·  40 reviews
The man behind the headlines...

When billionaire Lucas Carrington returns to his New York mansion, he never expects to find beautiful stranger Kate Whitley making herself at home. Invited by his aunt to stay, he soon discovers she's a woman in need. She's raising funds for her sick daughter, so he agrees to let her stay--temporarily!

Kate may not belong in Lucas's high-socie
Published March 4th 2014 by Harlequin (first published December 7th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Safe in the Tycoon's Arms, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Safe in the Tycoon's Arms

Desere
Life as a single mother is really tough. You need to make all decisions on your own, there is never really someone to properly support you. You can talk to friends and family but it never really takes any of the stress or hurt away.

And thus you become as independent as you can be, and making sure that you never stop to think of anything else other than getting beyond the current situation that you're facing. Get up, get going and move on the the next child-raising step.

In the new Jennifer Faye
Rubina
Kate is a divorcee and has a small girl, diagnosed with a tumor. :( Lack of money is actually one big problem hovering in front of Kate,when fate dumps her on Lucas’s doorstep - literally.

She was allowed to stay in his ramshackle mansion by his Aunt, little knowing that she would run into the owner of the house who had no clue that he has an unexpected guest. Lucas’s shock is understandable when he returns home one day to find a skimpily clad beautiful woman munching an apple in his kitchen.(Om
Harlequin Books
"Faye's love story is romantic and inspiring. Lucas and Kate are a fantastic couple, and readers will enjoy watching them grow into strong individuals". (RT Book Reviews, rated 4 stars)
Andrea
** 3.5 stars **

Safe in the Tycoon's Arms. What a title, huh? I kind of love it, it reminds me of some of my favorite reads when I was younger. Books I borrowed from my aunts. This was a good story, a bit like a made-for-television movie, in fact.

With the caretaker's permission, Kate is shacking up in an all but abandoned mansion in NYC. She's in the city seeking treatment for her daughter's brain tumor. The hospital is requiring payment up-front, and after many unsuccessful tries, Kate is ou
Mona
Mar 09, 2014 Mona rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Yes
Shelves: done
Sweet, Romance and Unexpected....

When Kate Whitley meets Lucas Carrington, the big Tycoon and most Eligible Bachelor, it's while she's staying in his house. The only problem is they're unaware of the other until they come face to face in his kitchen. Kate thinks he's a burglar and Lucas doesn't know what to make of her. Kate informs Lucas that she’s there because of his Aunt Connie and he agrees to let her stay until he can talk to Connie.

Kate is an interior designer and tries to get Lucas to do
H.L. Laffin
WOW! Words can not describe how I felt reading that story, but then what would be the point in leaving a review for 5 stars. (There may be some spoilers -read carefully)
Amazing! Heartwarming! And relate-able!
As I started the story with Kate wondering in the house on a stormy night, I was curious when we would meet the owner, Lucas. When we soon met him, I was taken back! What a way to meet, Mr. Oh-So-Sexy! Umm. I loved how Jennifer introduced both the characters to us!!
Chapter 1 was written so
Sally
Safe in the Tycoon’s Arms
By: Jennifer Faye

Safe in the Tycoon’s Arms is a contemporary romance. Billionaire Lucas Carrington returns from his trip early only to discover Kate Whitley making herself at home in his mansion. I loved their dialogue and their chemistry. They had their hearts broken in the past. Watching their story unfold as they learned more about each other drew me into their lives. I didn’t want the story to end.

Kate’s daughter is sick and she is trying to raise funds for her surg
Susan
Sweet story of two people who have not had an easy life lately. Lucas comes home early from a business trip to find a strange woman living in his house. Kate is just as startled to find a strange man where none was expected. After straightening out what is going on, Lucas agrees to let Kate stay for awhile.

Kate is wary because she has learned not to depend on other people. From her father's desertion when she was a child to her ex's selfish ways dependence only brings her trouble. When Lucas off
Annette

Kate is a single mother with a very ill daughter. Molly needs brain surgery to remove a tumor. Lucas is a wealthy man who has been avoiding facing his problems. He has thrown himself into work and put his life on hold.
They meet accidentally and there is a friendship which develops. Each of them offer help to the other.
Lucas can provide a place for Kate to stay while awaiting Molly’s tests and surgery. Kate is able to help Lucas repair the damage to his neglected mansion.
As things progress there
Lisa
Safe in the Tycoon's Arms by Jennifer Faye is a standalone romance with a happy ever after ending. It is well-paced, interesting, and equal parts heart-warming and heart-breaking.

Kate Whitley is a strong independent mother who has been invited to stay at Lucas Carrington's mansion by Lucas's aunt. Lucas returns from a trip early and so begin the many confrontations of Kate and Lucas. Kate's daughter is very sick and needs surgery. Surgery that Kate can't afford so she does anything and everythin
Maria
I received a complimentary copy of this book as a part of a book tour in exchange for a fair and honest review. I rated it 4/5 Stars.

Like contemporary second chance romance? Give Safe in the Tycoon’s Arms by Jennifer Faye a chance. Likeable, well developed characters, good dialogue and a sweet romance, kept me turning the pages from start to finish. Reminding us that everyone needs love, even people who seem to have it all, Ms. Faye’s book is a fun reading getaway.

Single mom Kate Whitley is use
Andrea Guy
Safe In The Tycoon's Arms is a wonderfully sweet romance in the way you can only find at Harlequin. Kate is a mother in need of help. She's got a daughter that is terribly ill and she needs the funds to cover an experimental surgery.

Enter, Lucas Carrington, a wealthy man who just happens to own the house she's staying in.

Ahhh

When the two of them meet, it is just hilarious, because there is a lot of confusion as to why she's staying in his mansion.

Sparks fly and there's lots of chemistry...so muc
Angela Covarrubias
This is the 2nd book I have read by Jennifer, and it was a sweet, uncomplicated read. The two main characters in the book, Lucas Carrington and Kate Whitley are both damaged in a way. The have both been hurt and lied to by their previous spouses, and they don’t trust the opposite sex when it comes to matters of the heart.

Molly, Kate’s daughter is very sick and without a very expensive operation she may not make it. So all throughout the book Kate is planning a fund raising event to raise money f
Paula
I received this book from the Goodreads First reads giveaway program. Thank you author/publisher for the opportunity to read and review your newest novel.

Safe in the Tycoon's Arms by Jennifer Faye is a contemporary romance. I love the fact that Harlequin puts their "romance" category of novels in larger print..fabulous. This was a quick read and a sweet romance. Sorry.. I didn't care for the cover.

The novel focuses on Kate Whitley who is a single mom that comes to New York City to find someone t
Lauren Ngo
This is one of those books that sucks you in and it doesn't want to let you go. It's a quick read but here are so many twists and turns. Kate has never had luck with men and now her daughter is in the hospital fighting cancer. Life just doesn't like Kate right now. And now Lucas comes in and makes things even more confusing. Lucas who makes her stop breathing, who makes her heart throb in a way it never has before. He makes her head fuzzy during a time where she needs to have a clear head. Lucas ...more
Anna's Herding Cats!
So. I'd kinda like to meet a Tycoon now. *nods* Safe in the Tycoon's Arms was a sweet read. I don't usually pick up category romances but something about this one pulled me in and I'm glad it did because I had such a good time with Kate and Lucas as they...have a bit of a run in.

The quick of it is that Lucas comes home to find Kate living in his mansion. Much to his surprise. lol And hers too since she was offered the place to stay by someone working at the hospital she's visiting with her daug
Rhonda
Safe in the Tycoon’s Arms is a sweet, endearing romance. There are some emotional twists and turns that keep the reader involved in the story and the budding romance is charming.

Kate has been let down by everyone she has every loved. She puts no faith in or depends on anyone but herself. With her daughter ill and needing to have surgery that is way beyond her budget, she might need to let someone in.

Lucas has been wounded beyond what most men could stand. He does what he considers the noble thin
Jane Hunt
Safe in the Tycoon's Arms by Jennifer Faye

Jane Hunt Writer First Steps
Jane Hunt Writer Book Reviews Google+

Safe in the Tycoon's Arms is a poignant, romantic tale.

Kate is a single mother whose life consists of constant hurdles. The most devastating being her young daughter's serious illness. A fortuitous meeting with Connie a volunteer at the hospital where her daughter is being treated results in a serendipitous meeting with Lucas. The enigmatic CEO of Carrington Gems returns to his Manhattan mansion much earlier than planned not know
PAULA
SAFE IN TYCOON'S ARMS by JENNIFER KAYE

A quick, short and romantic read that will make you feel giddy and romantic as the story goes. I like that the characters are mature and different from each other but the attraction was palpable you feel it in every scene. A funny 1st encounter leads to helping a woman in need and the rest follows.

Safe in Tycoon's Arms is a kind of story you want to read if you want something quick but will leave you happy after reading it.

1/2

** Also posted on my TUMBLR a
Renee Entress
My Review:

4.3 Star Review - Safe In The Tycoon's Arms

When you are lied to by those you trusted then you can't easily trust. Lucas and Kate have both been hurt by those that they thought loved them. Kate will do what ever it takes to save her daughter even put up with Lucas.

Lucas and Kate's chemistry is strong. But you wonder if the mistrust will be the downfall of them.

Characters are believable and story flows nicely.
Karen
Review Posted on HarlequinJunkie.com

It had to have been the boxers. That’s why she didn’t recognize the owner of the house in which Kate was staying. Lucas Carrington ambushed her during the storm that night, and things weren’t the same since. She already had enough on her plate, and now she had to deal with the famous bachelor who put a wrench in her plans to save her daughter’s life. Read More
Dani C. (Paulette's Papers)
Safe in the Tycoon’s Arms is a sweet and quick romance about two people with two different live and struggles.

Kate Whitley is a mother whose daughter is fighting for her life. So when Kate’s friend lends her a house that is close to the hospital but is falling down she takes it because it will help her save money for the medical bills. Lucas Carrington is a billionaire and has walked away from his daughter thinking he is acting in her best interest. He comes back to his falling down house only
Brittany Utley
I won this book in a giveaway so I wasn't really sure what it was about but I'm happy I went in not knowing.It's a lovely romance. I was worried that this book was going to leave me with a sad ending and crying, but I have to say that I am happy with how it ended.It left me with a goofy grin on my face. Thanks for this enjoyable read Jennifer Faye.
Tonya Lucas
Jennifer Faye's, Safe In The TYCOON'S Arms, is such a sweet, romantic, & uplifting book. You will fall in love with the characters and the story line is perfect. I recommend this book for anyone who needs reassurance in the power of forgiveness and love.
Isma
Wow!!This book is amazing...there's no words to describe it gorgeous me..mind you..
anyway for me this book had everything : great love story, creative writing, and the characters had an instant chemistry
I definitely recommend this book...it was a great read
Jess
"3.5 out of 5 stars. Two people find themselves in unusual circumstances and in order to accomplish what needs to be done they'll need work together. While they work together, they open their lives and hearts to each other, learning that if they can get over their rough pasts and are willing to trust again that good things may come their way..."

Read more of this review and a teaser here: http://frommetoyouvideophoto.blogspot.com/2014/02/made-grade-safe-in-tycoons-arms-by.html
LHC Steph
Within the genre, this is a wonderful story. I loved the way that these two leads were brought together, even if it was unrealistic at times. I don't need a romance to be completely believable, just imaginable and we all know that the two main characters are going to be together at the end. That is not a spoiler, that is just a given, but no problem, because the journey was wonderful. I read it in a day and it has reignited my interest in Harlequin again. Well done Jennifer Faye!
Bethany Pilat
I got my first reads copy in the mail and could not put it down until I finished it the same day. I loved Kate and Lucas's relationship. It's a quick read that I recommend to anybody who loves a good romance :)
Peggy Clayton
Faye writes with such sweetness and love. Make sure you have your kleenex and some time as you won't want to put this wonderful book down.
  • The Nymph’s Labyrinth (Nymph #1)
  • Single Dad's Christmas Miracle
  • What Belongs to Her
  • Real Men Don't Quit (Real Men, #2)
  • Her Secret Cowboy (Cash Brothers, #3)
  • Heiress on the Run
  • What a Rancher Wants (Texas Cattleman’s Club: A Missing Mogul #9)
  • Throwing Heat (Diamonds and Dugouts #3)
  • Wicked Nights
  • The Right Side of Mr Wrong
  • Second Chance with Her Soldier
  • Carolina Home (Dare Island, #1)
  • Monsoon Wedding Fever
  • Sleigh Ride with the Rancher
  • The Millionaire Affair (Love in the Balance, #3)
  • A Little Bit Scandalous (Forbidden Love, #3)
  • The Returning Hero
  • Fatal Fallout
Award-winning author, Jennifer Faye pens fun, heartwarming romances. Jennifer has won the RT Book Reviews Reviewers' Choice Award, named a TOP PICK author, and been nominated for numerous awards. Now living her dream, she resides with her patient husband, amazing daughter (the other remarkable daughter is off chasing her own dreams) and two spoiled cats.

Jennifer loves to hear from readers—you can
More about Jennifer Faye...
Snowbound with the Soldier Rancher to the Rescue A Princess by Christmas The Return of the Rebel The Playboy of Rome (The DeFiore Brothers, #1)