Start by marking “Forced Alliance” as Want to Read:
Forced Alliance

Forced Alliance

AN UNEASY PARTNERSHIP

By-the-book FBI agent Josie Gilbert has no business falling for her confidential informant, but she can't walk away. She needs this case—her career needs this case. And suave thief turned FBI asset Connor Randall is too deep in the mob syndicate to pull out now. But when the crime boss they are trying to take down becomes a target himself, Josie is fo
Published June 3rd 2014 by Love Inspired (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Forced Alliance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Forced Alliance

Ruth
May 13, 2014 Ruth rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone that likes suspense books
Wow! Forced Alliance is definitely an exciting story, with excellent themes and awesome characters! A page turner for sure! With a most definite surprise ending! I recommend this book to any one that loves a good mystery and one that assures us that no matter what we have in our past, God is always there ready to listen and help, as Lenora Worth, so beautifully relates to us in this awesome book! Thanks Lenora, for sharing your God given talent!
Bookbeauty
Mar 17, 2014 Bookbeauty rated it really liked it
*** I have received an ARC via NetGalley ***

I didn't read the previous book "In Pursuit of a Princess" (where Connor was introduced) but "Forced Alliance" can be read as a stand alone.
Somehow "Forced Alliance" reminded me of a steamier version of the TV Series "White Collar".
A criminal turned FBI asset? Schemes of revenge and betrayal, turned agents and gangster clans? Count me in!
I loved how the stern Josie and charming Connor danced around each other and after all they went through, got their
Rhonda
Feb 27, 2014 Rhonda rated it really liked it
31/2 stars

Forced Alliance is a good clean entertaining story. Most of the plot twists or the mystery I was able to guess right off. That is why I only gave 3 1/2 stars. I did like reading it.

Josie Gilbert is a FBI Agent that is working with a conman as her confidential informant. Josie likes him but does not trust him. She is determined to keep him safe and solve the case.

Connor Randall has been a conman for years. Now he wants to go straight. He is determined to make right choices from now on.
Glenda Parker
Jun 21, 2014 Glenda Parker rated it it was amazing
I love Lenora's books. This one is awesome and you just have to buy a copy.
Nick Duretta
Feb 03, 2017 Nick Duretta rated it did not like it
Predictable plot, cliche situations, cardboard characters. Plus occasional God/Jesus stuff thrown in out of nowhere. Part of a series yet. No thanks.
Adrienne
Mar 10, 2015 Adrienne rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf

FORCED ALLIANCE
---------------------

Like the story I reviewed a few weeks ago, this book represents a "mixed bag"--there are positives and negatives. However, even though I finished at least three-fourths of the story, since I did not finish the book completely, it automatically garners a one-star rating.

As I have mentioned previously, I love how supportive this community of writers and readers are, but I think it only fair to our genre to be honest about my opinion .

Positives
The story starts
Edward Arrington
Sep 14, 2015 Edward Arrington rated it it was amazing
The heroine is one brave lady. Going after a Mafia boss is not something I ever wanted to do. She seems to take it all in stride but a lot of that has to do with trying to prove to herself and everyone else that she is good enough for the job and not like her father. Either one of those can be daunting but to tackle both in her job would be overwhelming for most people. Fortunately for those around her, she isn't most people. She works to stay focused on the important things. To complicate matte ...more
Joanie Bruce
Aug 31, 2014 Joanie Bruce rated it liked it
Ordinarily, I enjoy all the books by Lenora Worth, but this was not one of my favorites. The reasons I did not enjoy it as well as the others were totally personal preferences. Normally, I love her books, and she is a talented and creative author.
Nancy
Jul 11, 2014 Nancy rated it liked it
FBI Agent Josie Gilbert is on the case in New Orleans keeping dibs on her confidential informant, Connor Randall, who was working for a mafia boss. Question is, as her feelings for Connor grow, can she trust the former con man? An okay choice for those looking for romantic suspense.
Brooke (i blog 4 books)
I had a really hard time getting into this book. After reading the first two chapters, I'm not planning to finish. There are just too many other books on my shelves right now!
John Hanscom
Apr 28, 2014 John Hanscom rated it really liked it
Somewhere between 3 1/2 and 4. Pretty good for this genre, and a female protagonist who is not wimpy.
Heidi Jennings
Heidi Jennings rated it it was amazing
Jun 20, 2015
Susan Reimers
Susan Reimers rated it really liked it
Dec 30, 2015
Honey Jimenez
Honey Jimenez rated it it was ok
Sep 14, 2014
Kristina Wagler
Kristina Wagler rated it liked it
Jun 28, 2015
Martha
Martha rated it it was ok
Sep 08, 2014
Susan Turnbull
Susan Turnbull rated it really liked it
Jun 27, 2014
Jennifer Rich
Jennifer Rich rated it really liked it
Feb 28, 2016
Jemima
Jemima rated it liked it
Oct 27, 2016
PWRL
Jun 09, 2015 PWRL marked it as to-read
Shelves: 2015-new
O
Theresa
Theresa rated it liked it
Jun 09, 2014
Pattie
Pattie rated it it was amazing
Apr 16, 2014
Alisha
Alisha rated it really liked it
May 03, 2015
Jean Gordon
Jean Gordon rated it liked it
May 11, 2015
Jo
Jo rated it liked it
Apr 17, 2015
Laura rated it it was ok
Jan 17, 2017
Marianne Maughan
Marianne Maughan rated it liked it
Oct 30, 2014
Ver0n1k
Ver0n1k rated it really liked it
Feb 25, 2017
Alisha Grant
Alisha Grant rated it really liked it
May 20, 2015
Vinnie
Vinnie rated it liked it
Aug 01, 2015
Lenora Worth has written 35 books for three different publishers. She reached a milestone in 2006 when she received her 25th book pin from Steeple Hill and Harlequin. Her books have won both regional and national awards and she now has over 1 million books in print. Currently she is writing both Love Inspired and Love Inspired Suspense for Steeple Hill. Married to her childhood sweetheart, Lenora ...more
More about Lenora Worth...