Start by marking “Her Cowboy Hero (The Colorado Cades #3)” as Want to Read:
Her Cowboy Hero (The Colorado Cades #3)

Her Cowboy Hero (The Colorado Cades #3)

He's Just The Hired Help...

What kind of cockeyed Pollyanna is Colin Cade working for? Her porch is rotting, her "guest cabin" is cheerless and her land and livestock have only a geriatric cowboy to care for them. Yet Hannah Shaw is positive she can turn her ranch into a successful B and B--and that Colin's the man to make it happen.

But Colin can't stick around. He lives wi
Published June 3rd 2014 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Her Cowboy Hero, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Her Cowboy Hero

Kathy
May 31, 2014 Kathy rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2014
I've been in a romance book mood recently. I had heard that Harlequin's American Romances were focused on family and typically had a lower level of sensuality so I gave this one a try and enjoyed the book. It did have a little more heat and content that what I typically read but other than a couple pages of sex it was a fairly clean book.

Content: 2 sex scenes, some mild langauge
Susan
Dec 19, 2016 Susan rated it really liked it
Good book about two people dealing with their losses in completely different ways. Colin lost his wife and son in an accident, and spends his time running from the pain and memories. He goes from job to job, never staying long in the same place. His latest job ended earlier than expected, when the boss's wife makes unwanted advances, leaving him with a month before his next job. He hears about a "widow woman" who needs help with her ranch and decides to check it out.

Hannah is living on the ranch
Tiffany Willams
Apr 15, 2014 Tiffany Willams rated it it was amazing
"...you never know. A lot can happen in a month."

Let me tell you...I have been waiting for Colin's book. I might have begged Tanya for him. hehe:)When he was first introduced in The Colorado Cades series, I knew he would be my favorite.

Colin Cade had been through a traumatic experience that no one should go through. After loosing his wife and young son years ago, he went into a seclusion of sorts. His siblings, Arden and Justin, tried to get him to come around more but it was too hard. Grief is
Lara Van Hulzen
Jun 06, 2015 Lara Van Hulzen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I loved everything about this book. Great characters are key to a great romance, in my opinion, and I could not have loved Colin and Hannah more. Both are scarred from loss but where Hannah is always optimistic and believes in love, Colin fears his heart can't handle any more pain so love isn't worth the risk.
I appreciated the emotional connection they made before moving forward in their relationship. And instead of things being purely physical between them, they needed one another to heal.
Ta
Lyn
Apr 26, 2014 Lyn rated it it was amazing
OH MY HEAVENS – This is one hot book!
Finally we get to read Colin’s story. This is the third book in the Colorado Cades series. A wonderfully well written story with characters that make you want to invite them over for Sunday dinner. This does read as a stand-alone book – but take my word for it, you will want to buy HER SECRET, HIS BABY and SECOND CHANCE CHRISTMAS – they are all terrific! Tanya writes from the heart and her books never disappoint! Sizzle, suspense and laughter – what more coul
Jenna
Nov 03, 2014 Jenna rated it it was amazing
I cried, and cried. Lovely, but I wept.
Tammi Looney
Mar 17, 2017 Tammi Looney rated it really liked it
Really enjoyed this sweet little love story. The characters were lovable with their down to earth attitudes, banter, wit and charm. Each character was easily able to be mentally pictured. I fell in love with the two main characters, Colin and Hannah, and caught myself rooting for their happily ever after. The book made you feel good about love and the possibilities it holds.
Home. Love. Books.
Jul 11, 2014 Home. Love. Books. rated it liked it
To read this review and others like it check out my site at www.homelovebooks.com

This book had a lot of elements in it that normally work for me, cowboys, motorcycle riding men, people who have broken pasts and help put each other back together, and people who are resistant to romance. So I was actually pretty excited about this book. It was a quick, really easy read, that I did enjoy.

I liked both of the main characters in it. Hannah is trying to keep alive her husbands family ranch, she might
Jonel Boyko
Jun 30, 2014 Jonel Boyko rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This story is heartfelt and inviting. It’s also a very emotional novel. Michaels definitely put me through the ringer. I really enjoyed the pace of this novel. It was neither rushed nor lagging. It was simply a nice, quiet ride through the convergence of these characters’ lives. It was so easy to lose myself in. Michaels melds narrative with description, allowing you to see the world surrounding this story as the characters themselves see it.

I thoroughly enjoyed the characters in this novel. Th
Julie (Manga Maniac Cafe)
Jul 09, 2014 Julie (Manga Maniac Cafe) rated it really liked it
4 - 4.5 stars
Review:

I have been having a hard time finishing a book for the last week or so. Nothing has been holding my interest, and when that happens, I usually pick up a Harlequin to help me over my reading hurdle. There’s just something about the formula and the guaranteed HEA that I, and many, many others, find appealing. I picked up Her Cowboy Hero because it has, you guessed it, a cowboy! Yeah, I can be pretty shallow.

Her Cowboy Hero is a very touching story about loss, acceptance, and f
Amanda R
Jun 26, 2014 Amanda R rated it really liked it
I received this book from Netgally and Harlequin for an honest review.

Colin is forever running from the past. His family is gone and he doesn't ever want that pain again. Having been fired from his job for "sleeping" with the bosses wife, he gets a tip that a widow is looking for ranch hands and its the perfect job. A widow won't be looking to fool around with the ranch hands. When he gets to the ranch he finds that he's been mistaken, the widow isn't an older lady, but a young one with a small
Sally Kilpatrick
Let's start off with the most important thing you need to know about this book: Colin Cade is officially one of my favorite romance heroes ever. Her Cowboy Hero is a glorious conclusion to the Colorado Cades series. Dare I say that it, like Mary Poppins, is practically perfect in every way.

Colin, as you may have learned from the first two in the series, has suffered a lot of loss, including most recently his wife and son. He's beyond wounded. He's broken. Hannah has had her fair share of pain, b
Catherine  Wright (Cat's Guilty Pleasure)
Colin is still suffering from the tragic loss of his wife and son, instead of dealing with the pain he is running fro. it and the memories. He travels from job to job and along the way he has given up every thing, including his home, job and even his siblings. He doesn't want to be hurt again, so he never lets himself open and feel anything.

Hannah lost her husband four years ago and is raising their son on her own. She's trying to renovate the family ranch into a Bed and Breakfast. She's always
Rhonda
Jul 17, 2014 Rhonda rated it really liked it
Her Cowboy Hero by Tanya Michaels (The Colorado Cades #3)

4 stars

This is Colin's story. But if you have not read the first two books in the series don't worry it can stand alone. I missed reading the first one of the series too.

This one tugged at my heart strings. Both Colin and Hannah have suffered a lot of loss in their lives. Colin lost his wife and son in a accident two years ago. Hannah lost her husband and mother-in-law at the same time four years ago.

Colin could not stay at his home and jo
Brandi
Apr 30, 2014 Brandi rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
I loved this story!!! The story is about Colin Cade & Hannah Shaw,(And Hannah's adorable boy Evan)! Two people struck by different tragedies in their lives, and just trying to move on,... or not trying to move on(You'll understand when you read the book)... & helping each other out when they least expected it.

Colin comes into town looking for work from a person he thinks is a little old lady, but boy was he surprised, lol. And Hannah can use all the help she can to make her dreams a real
Tanya
Feb 21, 2016 Tanya rated it it was amazing
This is the third of the Colorado Cades series. Ever since chapter one of Arden's story, I've been waiting to read Colin's story. This was my favorite of the trilogy.

Eternal optimist Hannah has had to work long and hard to see the good in everything and in everyone. An orphan, she was never adopted, but she married Michael and thought her dreams of a family had finally come true. Unfortunately, Michael's father passes away, and his mother dies shortly after getting the news that her only son has
Luli
2.5 stars.
Podría haber estado mejor.
Este es el típico romance contemporáneo, sin mucho drama (de agradecer), con personajes atractivos y bien descritos (de agradecer también) y lo mejor de todo, con un romance que se va construyendo a medida que avanza la historia. Si es verdad que hay una atracción inicial, pero nada de insta-love o insta-luv, que es lo que más me ha gustado.
Donde, para mí, falla estrepitosamente es en la poco original y muy desgastada razón para “la separación” de los protagon
Yazmin
Aug 22, 2014 Yazmin rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In Her Cowboy Hero by Tanya Michaels, Colin Cade has been running from his memories and the loss of his wife and child. So when he gets fired for supposedly having an affair with the boss’s wife, he needs to find another job before his family asks him to return home. Which is how he finds himself taking a job nobody wants to take, helping the widow Shaw. He expects her to be an old eccentric woman, but to his surprise she is nothing like that.

After being raised in foster care, Helen Shaw finally
Jane
Mar 21, 2015 Jane rated it it was amazing
When Colin Cade sets out to take a job on the widow Shaw's ranch, he pictures a very different Hannah Shaw from the one he finds. Colin is haunted by the loss of his wife and young son. Hannah, young and attractive, has lost her own husband and is rearing a young son by herself. Colin runs from his grief; Hannah optimistically faces obstacle after obstacle to hold on to the ranch for her son. Colin expects his stay to be short, but project leads to project, and . . . I'll let you read the rest. ...more
Melissa Silva
Jun 09, 2014 Melissa Silva rated it it was amazing
Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful! I couldn't wait to hear Colin's story after reading about him in the first two books in this series (Her Secret, His Baby & Second Chance Christmas). I was not disappointed...he was definitely worth the wait! Amazing character who definitely deserved his happy ending.
Jimnlori
May 15, 2014 Jimnlori rated it really liked it
Loved this story! Two people just trying to get through their lives not necessarily looking for anyone else, but turn to each other in a time of need.
Colin and Hannah both have been hurt deeply by tragedies in their lives and are weary of love, but take a chance on each other.
Tanya Michaels definitely knows how to write the perfect cowboy love story.
Keith
Jun 17, 2014 Keith rated it really liked it
This was a fast read, and a fine finish to the Colorado Cades series. I thought Ms. Michaels walked the fine line between humor and pathos very well. She did a fine job of slowly developing the relationship between Colin and Hannah, when so many other authors would have had them in bed by Chapter Five. I really enjoyed all three books in the series.
Malissa
May 08, 2014 Malissa rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
I truly enjoyed this book. It is a calm, quiet read. A book that you can easily curl up with and let the day drift away as you slip into the lives of Colin, Hannah, Super-Ev (who I adored) and their friends and family.

Read full Review here:
Kelly Bowen
Oct 13, 2015 Kelly Bowen rated it it was amazing
The emotion in this was done so well!
Spinneretta
Jan 18, 2015 Spinneretta rated it really liked it
This is the final book in the Cade Siblings Trilogy. Finally we get to see widower Colin Cade's story and happy ending! A good read.
Sadie
Apr 15, 2015 Sadie rated it liked it
3.5
Amy W.
Jun 29, 2014 Amy W. rated it liked it
a good romance and not too cheesy
Harlequin Books
"With two main characters struggling to recover from tragic loss, this is still a surprisingly light and sweet story (RT Book Reviews)". 4 1/2 stars

Miniseries: The Colorado Cades
Carol
Carol rated it it was amazing
Apr 03, 2015
Jennifer Mcpherson
Jennifer Mcpherson rated it it was ok
Dec 28, 2014
« previous 1 3 next »
Tanya Michaels is an award-winning author of more than thirty romance and women's fiction novels, as well as numerous short stories and nonfiction essays. She is a four-time finalist for the prestigious RITA, awarded annually by Romance Writers of America, and was nominated for RT Book Review’s Career Achievement in Category Romance. When she's not speaking at reader events and writer conferences, ...more
More about Tanya Michaels...

The Colorado Cades (3 books)
  • Her Secret, His Baby (The Colorado Cades #1)
  • Second Chance Christmas