Start by marking “Her Cowboy Hero” as Want to Read:
Her Cowboy Hero

Her Cowboy Hero (The Colorado Cades #3)

4.12 of 5 stars 4.12  ·  rating details  ·  52 ratings  ·  23 reviews
He's Just The Hired Help...

What kind of cockeyed Pollyanna is Colin Cade working for? Her porch is rotting, her "guest cabin" is cheerless and her land and livestock have only a geriatric cowboy to care for them. Yet Hannah Shaw is positive she can turn her ranch into a successful B and B--and that Colin's the man to make it happen.

But Colin can't stick around. He lives wi
Published June 3rd 2014 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Her Cowboy Hero, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Her Cowboy Hero

Colton by C.J. CarmichaelSingle Dad Cowboy by Brenda MintonOnce Upon a Cowboy by Maggie McGinnisA Gentleman and a Cowboy by Randi AlexanderCinderella's Cowboy by Roxanne Snopek
Romance with Cowboy in the Title
10th out of 115 books — 3 voters
Worth the Fall by Claudia ConnorDream a Little Dream by Susan Elizabeth PhillipsBear Meets Girl by Shelly LaurenstonHostage to Pleasure by Nalini SinghShelter Mountain by Robyn Carr
Single Mothers of Romance
68th out of 132 books — 17 voters

More lists with this book...

Inspired Kathy
I've been in a romance book mood recently. I had heard that Harlequin's American Romances were focused on family and typically had a lower level of sensuality so I gave this one a try and enjoyed the book. It did have a little more heat and content that what I typically read but other than a couple pages of sex it was a fairly clean book.

Content: 2 sex scenes, some mild langauge
Tiffany Willams
"...you never know. A lot can happen in a month."

Let me tell you...I have been waiting for Colin's book. I might have begged Tanya for him. hehe:)When he was first introduced in The Colorado Cades series, I knew he would be my favorite.

Colin Cade had been through a traumatic experience that no one should go through. After loosing his wife and young son years ago, he went into a seclusion of sorts. His siblings, Arden and Justin, tried to get him to come around more but it was too hard. Grief is
Lyn
OH MY HEAVENS – This is one hot book!
Finally we get to read Colin’s story. This is the third book in the Colorado Cades series. A wonderfully well written story with characters that make you want to invite them over for Sunday dinner. This does read as a stand-alone book – but take my word for it, you will want to buy HER SECRET, HIS BABY and SECOND CHANCE CHRISTMAS – they are all terrific! Tanya writes from the heart and her books never disappoint! Sizzle, suspense and laughter – what more coul
Rhonda
Her Cowboy Hero by Tanya Michaels (The Colorado Cades #3)

4 stars

This is Colin's story. But if you have not read the first two books in the series don't worry it can stand alone. I missed reading the first one of the series too.

This one tugged at my heart strings. Both Colin and Hannah have suffered a lot of loss in their lives. Colin lost his wife and son in a accident two years ago. Hannah lost her husband and mother-in-law at the same time four years ago.

Colin could not stay at his home and jo
Home. Love. Books.
To read this review and others like it check out my site at www.homelovebooks.com

This book had a lot of elements in it that normally work for me, cowboys, motorcycle riding men, people who have broken pasts and help put each other back together, and people who are resistant to romance. So I was actually pretty excited about this book. It was a quick, really easy read, that I did enjoy.

I liked both of the main characters in it. Hannah is trying to keep alive her husbands family ranch, she might
Sally Kilpatrick
Let's start off with the most important thing you need to know about this book: Colin Cade is officially one of my favorite romance heroes ever. Her Cowboy Hero is a glorious conclusion to the Colorado Cades series. Dare I say that it, like Mary Poppins, is practically perfect in every way.

Colin, as you may have learned from the first two in the series, has suffered a lot of loss, including most recently his wife and son. He's beyond wounded. He's broken. Hannah has had her fair share of pain, b
Brandi
Apr 30, 2014 Brandi rated it 5 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: Everyone
I loved this story!!! The story is about Colin Cade & Hannah Shaw,(And Hannah's adorable boy Evan)! Two people struck by different tragedies in their lives, and just trying to move on,... or not trying to move on(You'll understand when you read the book)... & helping each other out when they least expected it.

Colin comes into town looking for work from a person he thinks is a little old lady, but boy was he surprised, lol. And Hannah can use all the help she can to make her dreams a real
Catherine Wright
Colin is still suffering from the tragic loss of his wife and son, instead of dealing with the pain he is running fro. it and the memories. He travels from job to job and along the way he has given up every thing, including his home, job and even his siblings. He doesn't want to be hurt again, so he never lets himself open and feel anything.

Hannah lost her husband four years ago and is raising their son on her own. She's trying to renovate the family ranch into a Bed and Breakfast. She's always
Amanda
I received this book from Netgally and Harlequin for an honest review.

Colin is forever running from the past. His family is gone and he doesn't ever want that pain again. Having been fired from his job for "sleeping" with the bosses wife, he gets a tip that a widow is looking for ranch hands and its the perfect job. A widow won't be looking to fool around with the ranch hands. When he gets to the ranch he finds that he's been mistaken, the widow isn't an older lady, but a young one with a small
Julie (Manga Maniac Cafe)
4 - 4.5 stars
Review:

I have been having a hard time finishing a book for the last week or so. Nothing has been holding my interest, and when that happens, I usually pick up a Harlequin to help me over my reading hurdle. There’s just something about the formula and the guaranteed HEA that I, and many, many others, find appealing. I picked up Her Cowboy Hero because it has, you guessed it, a cowboy! Yeah, I can be pretty shallow.

Her Cowboy Hero is a very touching story about loss, acceptance, and f
Yazmin
In Her Cowboy Hero by Tanya Michaels, Colin Cade has been running from his memories and the loss of his wife and child. So when he gets fired for supposedly having an affair with the boss’s wife, he needs to find another job before his family asks him to return home. Which is how he finds himself taking a job nobody wants to take, helping the widow Shaw. He expects her to be an old eccentric woman, but to his surprise she is nothing like that.

After being raised in foster care, Helen Shaw finally
Luli
2.5 stars.
Podría haber estado mejor.
Este es el típico romance contemporáneo, sin mucho drama (de agradecer), con personajes atractivos y bien descritos (de agradecer también) y lo mejor de todo, con un romance que se va construyendo a medida que avanza la historia. Si es verdad que hay una atracción inicial, pero nada de insta-love o insta-luv, que es lo que más me ha gustado.
Donde, para mí, falla estrepitosamente es en la poco original y muy desgastada razón para “la separación” de los protagon
Jenna
I cried, and cried. Lovely, but I wept.
Jonel Boyko (Pure Jonel)
This story is heartfelt and inviting. It’s also a very emotional novel. Michaels definitely put me through the ringer. I really enjoyed the pace of this novel. It was neither rushed nor lagging. It was simply a nice, quiet ride through the convergence of these characters’ lives. It was so easy to lose myself in. Michaels melds narrative with description, allowing you to see the world surrounding this story as the characters themselves see it.

I thoroughly enjoyed the characters in this novel. Th
Jimnlori
Loved this story! Two people just trying to get through their lives not necessarily looking for anyone else, but turn to each other in a time of need.
Colin and Hannah both have been hurt deeply by tragedies in their lives and are weary of love, but take a chance on each other.
Tanya Michaels definitely knows how to write the perfect cowboy love story.
Keith
This was a fast read, and a fine finish to the Colorado Cades series. I thought Ms. Michaels walked the fine line between humor and pathos very well. She did a fine job of slowly developing the relationship between Colin and Hannah, when so many other authors would have had them in bed by Chapter Five. I really enjoyed all three books in the series.
Melissa Silva
Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful! I couldn't wait to hear Colin's story after reading about him in the first two books in this series (Her Secret, His Baby & Second Chance Christmas). I was not disappointed...he was definitely worth the wait! Amazing character who definitely deserved his happy ending.
Jane
When Colin Cade sets out to take a job on the widow Shaw's ranch, he pictures a very different Hannah Shaw from the one he finds. Colin is haunted by the loss of his wife and young son. Hannah, young and attractive, has lost her own husband and is rearing a young son by herself. Colin runs from his grief; Hannah optimistically faces obstacle after obstacle to hold on to the ranch for her son. Colin expects his stay to be short, but project leads to project, and . . . I'll let you read the rest. ...more
Spinneretta
This is the final book in the Cade Siblings Trilogy. Finally we get to see widower Colin Cade's story and happy ending! A good read.
Malissa
I truly enjoyed this book. It is a calm, quiet read. A book that you can easily curl up with and let the day drift away as you slip into the lives of Colin, Hannah, Super-Ev (who I adored) and their friends and family.

Read full Review here:
Amy W.
a good romance and not too cheesy
Harlequin Books
"With two main characters struggling to recover from tragic loss, this is still a surprisingly light and sweet story (RT Book Reviews)". 4 1/2 stars

Miniseries: The Colorado Cades
Alyssa Edmonds
Alyssa Edmonds marked it as to-read
Jun 01, 2015
Lori
Lori marked it as to-read
May 27, 2015
Kellie Demarsh
Kellie Demarsh marked it as to-read
Apr 20, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Tanya Michaels is an award-winning author of more than thirty romance and women's fiction novels, as well as numerous short stories and nonfiction essays. She is a four-time finalist for the prestigious RITA, awarded annually by Romance Writers of America, and was nominated for RT Book Review’s Career Achievement in Category Romance. When she's not speaking at reader events and writer conferences, ...more
More about Tanya Michaels...

The Colorado Cades (3 books)
  • Her Secret, His Baby
  • Second Chance Christmas
Her Secret, His Baby Hers for the Weekend (Harlequin Temptation, #968) Second Chance Christmas A Dad for Her Twins Mother to Be