Start by marking “Her Perfect Candidate” as Want to Read:
Her Perfect Candidate

Her Perfect Candidate (Chasing Love #1)

Campaign of seduction

Co-owner of an up-and-coming interior-decorating firm, Megan Chase loves being a single woman on the fast track to success. But everything changes when a flat tire brings Georgia senator Steven Monroe into her life. The sinfully sexy politician needs the right woman to clean up his image. And with Megan's fine eye for detail, she just may be the woman
Published May 20th 2014 by Harlequin Kimani (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Her Perfect Candidate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Her Perfect Candidate

Nikita Isaac
Apr 27, 2014 Nikita Isaac rated it it was amazing
This first Kimani Romance by Candace Shaw was great. I fell love with the story and characters. You should never judge a book by its cover. Steven proved that.
Mary
Jan 15, 2017 Mary rated it it was amazing
Shelves: series, aa-romance, own
Great start to a new family series. Loved Megan and Steven's story. Megan had trust issues, but after a while she overcame them with the help of her family and friends. A very sweet HEA. Looking forward to more of the Chase family.
Keyandra Ariyo
Nov 09, 2014 Keyandra Ariyo rated it really liked it
Her Perfect Candidate by Candace Shaw (Semi-Spoiler Review)

As always, each time I read a novel penned by Candace Shaw, I normally complete it within a few hours; because it’s just that entertaining. A true romance. A sweet love story; along with some humor. With that been said, you’re possibly wondering why I didn’t rate this book a five star. In my opinion, I felt something was off with this novel. The heroine Megan Chase has it together career wise; an educated and beautiful woman inside and o
Connie
I realize that Steven rescued Megan when she needed him the most. But she more than repaid him by supporting his fund raising and attending his galas but putting up with his sleazy ex-wife's disrespectful antics was a bit too much for me. I realize he's a politician but appearing with his ex-wife after stating he wouldn't seemed a little deceitful to me. Also the ending seemed rushed as well.
KBeautiful1
May 13, 2015 KBeautiful1 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Senator and The Interior Designer, can these two move beyond the pretend stage to a permanent stage?

Senator Steven Monroe is holds the senate seat of Georgia. His father who is a US Senator is set to retire and want his son to run for his seat. Steven is a ladies man and is not interested in settling down at all but his playboy persona may hurt his chances of winning. He admits he has to take his image more seriously but still has no intentions of settling down. Not until he rescues a damsel
Linda
Jul 28, 2014 Linda rated it it was amazing
Late from getting a flat tire, co-owner of an upcoming interior design firm, Megan Chase pulled over to changed the tire in her party short dress and four inch heels, but she was delayed by a call from her twin. She quickly bent over to grab her purse when a car pulled up. The guy was easy to most gorgeous looking man she had ever seen, but with her ex betrayal, she was happy to be on her own as she tried telling her matchmaking friends!

Steven Monroe couldn't let the woman stay stranded with a f
Sherika
Jun 01, 2014 Sherika rated it it was amazing
Once again Candace Shaw as brought an excellent read for her readers to dig into. In this book we are introduced to the sassy Ms Megan Chase and the sinfully hott and sexy Steven Monroe. The two first meet when Megan is stranded on the side of the road with a flat tire. Not thinking there paths will ever cross again they ended up at the same event that very same evening. Steven is running for U.S Senate and needs to clean up his playboy image and in his mind Megan is the perfect women to help hi ...more
Karen
Jun 25, 2014 Karen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: candice-shaw
Candace Shaw did an awesome job writing "Her Perfect Candidate". Playboys are hard to tame until they meet their match. In this love story, Senator Steven Monroe does exactly that when he meets Interior Designer, Megan Chase. Even though I am not a fan of the playboy type, I found myself secretly rooting for him to clean up his image so that he can once and for all settle down with his true love. What I dislike even than a player is a conniving female who wants to have her cake and eat it too! E ...more
Nana Prah
Nov 28, 2015 Nana Prah rated it really liked it
I was going to try to write this review without using the word “perfect” but I believe I’ll fail. The way Megan and Steven met was so adorable and I’d have to say perfect. From the beginning Steven was this awesome man that I was rooting for, both in the political arena and in their romance. He was a politician with a heart. Megan was such an ambitious lovely woman that I wanted her to be happy.

Just enough drama, tears, laughter, and good lovin’ to make this novel a fast paced read.

I purchased
KIMBERLY JONES
Dec 21, 2014 KIMBERLY JONES rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Cute Story!!!

The book was a page turner I really interested in how the relationship would develop and liked the characters, she was supportive and he was romantic. My only complaint was I was hoping to receive more details about why the ex wife wanted to cause trouble.
If you want light and a cute love story then you should read this book.
I'm waiting for Sydney and Bryce story!
Deena
Jun 25, 2014 Deena rated it really liked it
Another good read from Candace Shaw! Loved Megan and Steven; their story was nicely done, without a lot of unnecessarily drawn out drama. I like that. The story had a nice bit of heat to it, too.

Great cast of characters in this one. I'm sure Sydney's story is next (is her love interest who I think it is? hmmm...), but I'm hoping that the other friends get stories too.

Keep the good stories coming, please ma'am!
Sunnie
Nov 26, 2016 Sunnie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ms. Candace Shaw does it again, what a great read. It had a different twist that I wasn't expecting and of course I love the characters. Megan, such a lady. Veronica, got on my nerves, but Megan handled her and the situation with class. I couldn't believe they broke up, but I guess it had to happen for the outcome. Great job as always Ms. Shaw!
pamela stroman
Jun 01, 2014 pamela stroman rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Excellent

This was truly a excellent love story. I really enjoyed Megan and Steven's story. I hope we will be able to read more about Sydney and Bryce to find out if they will make a love connection. This was the first book I have by this author but it will not be my last. JUST one word to some up this book and that is excellent!
Millicent Williams
Phenomenal Book

This book was a good read, I was very impressed with how the author connected the characters with the story line. I look forward to reading the next book in the series.
--karen Green-berry
May 20, 2014 --karen Green-berry rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed Steven Monroe and Rome Megan Chase's story. You can't help but fall in love with this couple. Ms. Shaw has done a good job of building the characters, warts and all, taking us through their challenges and giving them their HEA.
Shone
May 13, 2014 Shone rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: All romance junkies
A flat tire brings player Steven Monroe and no nonsense Megan Chase together. The prefect friendship, their love for community and helping children. His reputation makes the friendship hard, but they are both willing to take the risk.
Lakysha Reid
Sep 08, 2015 Lakysha Reid rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Don't let the title fool you..

I have really become a fan of Can dance Shaw. She didn't disappoint w/Her Perfect Candidate. It was very detail & the hot romance begins at the beginning. My ONLY issue is

Shaw's books are too SHORT!!

Greta Harkness
Superficial

This book was superficial and predictable. Same ole story lines with characters jumping to conclusions to quickly. Author spent more time describing the outfits then developing her characters.
Sharon
Jan 02, 2015 Sharon rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I don't know what took me so long to read this book. I am not a big fan of politics so I will say that is what took me so long. I was wrong. This book was wonderful. The romance was real even at the beginning. I think I could be a Senator's wife. :)
Retro Chic
Good Read

This was a good book that showed how two people had an instant connection. I wasn't a fan of how long it took Megan to realize that he was seriously interested. She kind of came across as a little childish. I can't wait for the next book.
Stacey Williams
Jan 04, 2015 Stacey Williams rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful...Wonderful....Wonderful !!! I stayed up all night long reading this book! Great Job Ms. Shaw!!!
Harlequin Books
"The characters are engaging and endearing, and this story flows seamlessly (RT Book Reviews)". 4 stars

Miniseries: Chasing Love
Denise Blanks
I enjoyed Meagan and Steven's story.. Candace delivered another amazing love story.. Grab this one it's a must read.... I can't wait to read the book in this series..
Kyra Gates
May 31, 2015 Kyra Gates rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
great read

I wish I would have read this one first but better late than never. This was a good read and I loved the attraction between the two.
Toni
Jun 04, 2014 Toni rated it really liked it
Shelves: romantic-fiction
Some slow parts, but Megan Chase and Steven Monroe manage to keep it interesting as their "pretend" relationship becomes all too real.
Carolyn B. Forte
A great book

I read this book in one day. I couldn't put it down. I love Candace Shaw books. There was never a dull moment.
Renee Motley
Apr 22, 2014 Renee Motley rated it really liked it
this was a good book. The character development was good and i enjoy the characters. It was one of the better books that I have read this summer.
Angela Campbell
Angela Campbell rated it it was amazing
Jul 13, 2014
Se
Se rated it really liked it
Dec 06, 2015
Rita Rippy
Rita Rippy rated it it was amazing
May 13, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Way to Her Heart
  • The Surgeon's Secret Baby (Hopewell General, #2)
  • A Christmas Affair
  • A Mistletoe Affair (The Wintersage Weddings #3)
  • Sweet Silver Bells
  • Diamond Dreams
  • To Tempt a Wilde (Wilde in Wyoming, #1)
  • Sweeter Temptation
  • Legal Seduction
  • Sing Your Pleasure
  • Cross My Heart (Coles Family, #2)
  • Forever a Stallion
  • Imagine Us (Mayne Attraction #2)
Candace Shaw writes romance novels because she believes that happily-ever-after isn’t found only in fairy tales. When she’s not writing or researching information for a book, you can find Candace in her gardens, shopping, reading or learning how to cook a new dish.

She lives in Atlanta, Georgia with her loving husband and their loyal dog, Ali. She is currently working on her next fun, flirty and s
More about Candace Shaw...

Chasing Love (3 books)