Start by marking “Her Perfect Candidate” as Want to Read:
Her Perfect Candidate

Her Perfect Candidate

4.39 of 5 stars 4.39  ·  rating details  ·  85 ratings  ·  21 reviews
Campaign of seduction

Co-owner of an up-and-coming interior-decorating firm, Megan Chase loves being a single woman on the fast track to success. But everything changes when a flat tire brings Georgia senator Steven Monroe into her life. The sinfully sexy politician needs the right woman to clean up his image. And with Megan's fine eye for detail, she just may be the woman
Published May 20th 2014 by Harlequin Kimani (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Her Perfect Candidate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Her Perfect Candidate

Nikita Isaac
This first Kimani Romance by Candace Shaw was great. I fell love with the story and characters. You should never judge a book by its cover. Steven proved that.
Keyandra Ariyo
Her Perfect Candidate by Candace Shaw (Semi-Spoiler Review)

As always, each time I read a novel penned by Candace Shaw, I normally complete it within a few hours; because it’s just that entertaining. A true romance. A sweet love story; along with some humor. With that been said, you’re possibly wondering why I didn’t rate this book a five star. In my opinion, I felt something was off with this novel. The heroine Megan Chase has it together career wise; an educated and beautiful woman inside and o
Linda
Late from getting a flat tire, co-owner of an upcoming interior design firm, Megan Chase pulled over to changed the tire in her party short dress and four inch heels, but she was delayed by a call from her twin. She quickly bent over to grab her purse when a car pulled up. The guy was easy to most gorgeous looking man she had ever seen, but with her ex betrayal, she was happy to be on her own as she tried telling her matchmaking friends!

Steven Monroe couldn't let the woman stay stranded with a f
Sherika
Once again Candace Shaw as brought an excellent read for her readers to dig into. In this book we are introduced to the sassy Ms Megan Chase and the sinfully hott and sexy Steven Monroe. The two first meet when Megan is stranded on the side of the road with a flat tire. Not thinking there paths will ever cross again they ended up at the same event that very same evening. Steven is running for U.S Senate and needs to clean up his playboy image and in his mind Megan is the perfect women to help hi ...more
Deena
Another good read from Candace Shaw! Loved Megan and Steven; their story was nicely done, without a lot of unnecessarily drawn out drama. I like that. The story had a nice bit of heat to it, too.

Great cast of characters in this one. I'm sure Sydney's story is next (is her love interest who I think it is? hmmm...), but I'm hoping that the other friends get stories too.

Keep the good stories coming, please ma'am!
KIMBERLY JONES
Cute Story!!!

The book was a page turner I really interested in how the relationship would develop and liked the characters, she was supportive and he was romantic. My only complaint was I was hoping to receive more details about why the ex wife wanted to cause trouble.
If you want light and a cute love story then you should read this book.
I'm waiting for Sydney and Bryce story!
pamela stroman
Excellent

This was truly a excellent love story. I really enjoyed Megan and Steven's story. I hope we will be able to read more about Sydney and Bryce to find out if they will make a love connection. This was the first book I have by this author but it will not be my last. JUST one word to some up this book and that is excellent!
Retro Chic
Good Read

This was a good book that showed how two people had an instant connection. I wasn't a fan of how long it took Megan to realize that he was seriously interested. She kind of came across as a little childish. I can't wait for the next book.
Sharon
I don't know what took me so long to read this book. I am not a big fan of politics so I will say that is what took me so long. I was wrong. This book was wonderful. The romance was real even at the beginning. I think I could be a Senator's wife. :)
--karen Green-berry
I enjoyed Steven Monroe and Rome Megan Chase's story. You can't help but fall in love with this couple. Ms. Shaw has done a good job of building the characters, warts and all, taking us through their challenges and giving them their HEA.
Carolyn B. Forte
A great book

I read this book in one day. I couldn't put it down. I love Candace Shaw books. There was never a dull moment.
Karen
Candace Shaw did an awesome job writing "Her Perfect Candidate". Playboys are hard to tame until they meet their match. In this love story, Senator Steven Monroe does exactly that when he meets Interior Designer, Megan Chase. Even though I am not a fan of the playboy type, I found myself secretly rooting for him to clean up his image so that he can once and for all settle down with his true love. What I dislike even than a player is a conniving female who wants to have her cake and eat it too! E ...more
Shelia Thompson
Good book, boy did she give SO MUCH detail to her sexual encounters.
Greta Harkness
Superficial

This book was superficial and predictable. Same ole story lines with characters jumping to conclusions to quickly. Author spent more time describing the outfits then developing her characters.
Shone
May 31, 2014 Shone rated it 4 of 5 stars
Recommends it for: All romance junkies
A flat tire brings player Steven Monroe and no nonsense Megan Chase together. The prefect friendship, their love for community and helping children. His reputation makes the friendship hard, but they are both willing to take the risk.
Tigger
A very good read
Stacey Williams
Wonderful...Wonderful....Wonderful !!! I stayed up all night long reading this book! Great Job Ms. Shaw!!!
Toni
Some slow parts, but Megan Chase and Steven Monroe manage to keep it interesting as their "pretend" relationship becomes all too real.
Harlequin Books
"The characters are engaging and endearing, and this story flows seamlessly (RT Book Reviews)". 4 stars

Miniseries: Chasing Love
Brenda
THIS WAS A GREAT BOOK! I LOVED, LOVED, LOVED IT! PASSIONATE AND HOTTTTT ... A MUST READ!
Shaquaila
I really enjoyed this book, can't wait to read more about this family.
Nikkie
Nikkie added it
Mar 16, 2015
Betsy
Betsy marked it as to-read
Mar 09, 2015
Shemeeka Luster
Shemeeka Luster marked it as to-read
Feb 25, 2015
Alberta Greene
Alberta Greene marked it as to-read
Feb 21, 2015
Crystal
Crystal marked it as to-read
Feb 20, 2015
  • Legal Seduction
  • Pleasure Rush  (New York Sabers Football, #4)
  • Poetry Man
  • Defying Desire
  • The Surgeon's Secret Baby (Hopewell General)
  • Sweeter Temptation
  • Imagine Us
  • Diamond Dreams
  • Lovers Premiere
  • Stealing Kisses
  • Bittersweet Love
  • Our First Dance
  • Seduced by the Playboy
I knew in fourth grade I wanted to be a writer when I read Little Women by Louisa May Alcott. It wasn’t until sixth grade when I read Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell, that I wanted to write romance novels. In middle school and high school, I wrote short stories and read whatever I could get my hands on. My mother used to make me go to bed when I was up reading late. Little does she know I ...more
More about Candace Shaw...
Simply Amazing (Arrington Family #2.5) The Game of Seduction (Arrington Family #2) Cooking Up Love (Arrington Family #1) Prescription for Desire (Arrington Family Series) Only One for Me (Arrington Family Series #3)