Start by marking “A Romance Rekindled” as Want to Read:

SUSAN HILL ISN'T READY TO FORGIVE

The small-town CPA can't forget how Blake Mitchell jilted her and left their hometown without an explanation. But when her first love returns to Leavenworth, the ruggedly handsome writer evokes conflicting emotions, especially when Susan meets the child she assumes is his daughter.

Since his parents' deaths six years ago, Blake's been rais
Published June 3rd 2014 by Love Inspired (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about A Romance Rekindled, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Romance Rekindled

Barbara Thompson
Jun 01, 2014 Barbara Thompson rated it it was amazing
A Romance Rekindled by Kimberly Rose Johnson is a marvelous book. The characters are great and the book surprised me a couple of times. The storyline is well-written and flows so smoothly, it held my attention page after page, chapter after chapter until I did not want to stop reading the book. The author did a fabulous job of showing that giving forgiveness isn't easy, but it can be done. Also, she showed how things look on the outside aren't always the real truth. If you're looking for a well- ...more
Diana Montgomery
Apr 17, 2014 Diana Montgomery rated it it was amazing
By: Kimberly Rose Johnson

I loved the characters. Kimberly did a wonderful job creating characters you can relate to and easily liked. I like it was a nice clean romance. The book is the right size to enjoy in a day. I think the story is written around forgiveness. Forgiveness is tuff sometime when you have been really hurt by someone as was Susan by Blake. Blake returns and with him is a child. Wonder who's child she is? Can Blake be a father? He had left town years ago but hi
June
Jun 07, 2014 June rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own
Blake and Susan have issues. Six years ago when his parent died, Blake walked away from Susan and their engagement. Now he's returned to town with his kid sister only to find that he's still in love with Susan. And Susan is still in love with Blake but can she ever learn to trust him again. Will he run again if things get tough?

They both have to work at making things right and getting to the point of giving their relationship another chance.
Beverly Lytle
Apr 14, 2014 Beverly Lytle rated it it was amazing
A Romance Rekindled is a sweet story that shows how forgiveness can lead you right to the path of God’s plan. When unforgiveness and misunderstanding creep into our lives, we often miss what God has laid out before us. Can Susan find a way to forgive Blake for walking away from their engagement when an accident takes his parents and leaves his younger sister for him to care for? Can Blake convince Susan that she can trust her feelings and give their love another chance?
Kimberly Rose Johnson does
Veronica
Jun 19, 2014 Veronica rated it liked it
Shelves: contemporary, romance
This is a sweet romance about second chances! I liked the characters and especially thought it was quirky that Susan dresses all in black just because it's easy. I was a little surprised at Blake's reason for leaving Susan and annoyed that he made that decision for her, but I liked that he seemed to have changed. I also could understand his sliding away from his faith, but it seemed like his sister didn't understand the gospel at all and I was a bit surprised that he wouldn't have felt more of a ...more
Ginger Solomon
Jun 24, 2014 Ginger Solomon rated it really liked it
This is a wonderful tale of forgiveness and persistence. Blake thought he was doing what was best when he left Susan behind, but he never considered the situation from her perspective. Then he returns to Leavenworth to apologize and finds out how angry she’s become. I loved how patient he was, with both his sister and Susan. He struggled, but remained persistent in gaining her forgiveness.
***I received this book from the author/publisher for the purpose of review. The above is my honest opinion.
Misty Beller
Jun 07, 2014 Misty Beller rated it it was amazing
really enjoyed Blake and Susan's story, as they overcame their obstacles and learned about truth and unconditional love. Kimberly Rose Johnson did a great job with these characters, helping us feel what they felt. There were some surprise twists along the way, too, that kept me up two hours past bedtime so I could finish the book! If you enjoy a good romance, I recommend this one!
Jun 20, 2014 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
What a great story of love and forgiveness!
Melody
Jun 15, 2014 Melody rated it it was amazing
I loved this sweet story of second chances. :)
Christina
Christina rated it it was amazing
Aug 23, 2014
Chameka Robinson
Chameka Robinson rated it really liked it
Jan 04, 2017
Jerilyn Jackson
Jerilyn Jackson rated it it was amazing
Oct 01, 2014
Pat Windle
Pat Windle rated it it was amazing
Feb 18, 2016
K
K rated it it was amazing
Dec 09, 2015
Bethany
Bethany rated it liked it
Apr 11, 2014
Abri Rieken
Abri Rieken rated it really liked it
Jan 15, 2016
Danielle
Danielle rated it it was amazing
Jan 14, 2016
Yurelsis Rodriguez
Yurelsis Rodriguez marked it as to-read
Apr 04, 2014
Frederick Rotzien
Frederick Rotzien marked it as to-read
Adylure
Adylure marked it as to-read
Alice Malary
Alice Malary marked it as to-read
Cindy
Cindy marked it as to-read
Edward Solano
Edward Solano marked it as to-read
Sue
Sue marked it as to-read
Spring Adams
Spring Adams marked it as to-read
Terri
Terri marked it as to-read
Pamela
Pamela marked it as to-read
Gwynn
Gwynn marked it as to-read
Lisa Cobb Sabatini
Lisa Cobb Sabatini marked it as to-read
Vykki
Vykki marked it as to-read
Nikki Tegtmeyer
Nikki Tegtmeyer marked it as to-read
Maria Proctor
Maria Proctor marked it as to-read
Linda Finn
Linda Finn marked it as to-read
Yaimirys
Yaimirys marked it as to-read
J
J marked it as to-read
Teressa
Teressa marked it as to-read
Shana
Shana marked it as to-read
Janet
Janet marked it as to-read
Linda
Linda marked it as to-read
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Barbara Gauthier
Barbara Gauthier marked it as to-read
Beth Owens
Beth Owens marked it as to-read
Kim Coomey
Kim Coomey marked it as to-read
Anne Gooch
Anne Gooch marked it as to-read
Donna Schubert
Donna Schubert marked it as to-read
(;Missy.Lala;)
(;Missy.Lala;) marked it as to-read
Laura Reading
Laura Reading marked it as to-read
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Apr 22, 2015 12:43PM
Love Inspired Hea...: June 2-4 Q&A with Kimberly Rose Johnson 66 11 Jun 22, 2014 10:03PM
  • The Doctor's Return
  • The Rancher's Second Chance
  • Love's Image
  • Love in the Wind
  • Wedding on the Rocks
  • A Love Discovered
  • Rocky Mountain Romance (Montana Hearts #3)
  • In His Will
  • Love's Stormy Gale
  • Torn Apart (The Secret Apocalypse, #4)
  • Campaigning for Love
  • Canyon Walls
  • Family in Hiding (Witness Protection #5)
Kimberly writes sweet inspirational romance. She married her college sweetheart 26 years ago. Her hobbies include reading, watching chick flicks, playing the piano, long walks with her hubby and their yellow lab, drinking coffee and eating dark chocolate.
More about Kimberly Rose Johnson...