Start by marking “Shattered” as Want to Read:
Shattered

Shattered (The Rescuers #1)

All he'd wanted was a reunion with a friend. What he got was a nationwide conspiracy and a job protecting one gorgeous stranger.

Deputy Sheriff Nate Matthews doesn't know what to think when he arrives in Nevada and discovers his friend murdered. He is sure about the beautiful woman pointing a rifle at him. Sarah Donovan is a liar, she may have murdered her father…and she s
Published May 20th 2014 by Harlequin (first published January 1st 2014)

To ask other readers questions about Shattered, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shattered

Toni
Dec 28, 2016 Toni rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nate shows up to a meeting with two old friends but what he discovers is his friend dead in his own house and the man’s daughter hiding out in the house. A snow storm keeps them prisoner inside this house with a dead man. Sarah has her own agenda. She is there to find coins that she can give to her mom who has a bookie on her back but Sarah doesn’t want to tell Nate that. She just wants to get the money and run. But of course, it won’t be as simple as that.

Sarah and Nate uncover a conspiracy tha
Rhonda
May 20, 2014 Rhonda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 STARS

The suspense keeps you guessing till Alice wants you to know. Lots of drama, action, mystery and even a treasure hunt. Their is a love scene that I skipped over. Some violence.

I liked Nate Matthews. He is a good guy hero all the way. He does not know what he wants right now.

Sarah Donovan character you are not sure what she is hiding. She is a strong character, with a mystery about her.

Nate is meeting two friends in Nevada. He is delayed getting their but his friends are even later. The w
Paula Legate
This was a fast paced story with action, and bullets. The suspense was really good, but not drawn out. The story also had romance between Sarah, and Nate.

Nate Left his badge, and gun behind needing time to think. He had witnessed kids being shot in a mall that still haunted him. As a deputy he felt guilty that he was not able to stop the shooting, and save lives.
Sarah was working against the clock. Sarah's mother had a gambling addiction, and owed money to the wrong people. Sarah only had a fe
Debbie Heaton
Sep 20, 2014 Debbie Heaton rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In Sharpe’s romantic suspense novel, deputy sheriff Nate Matthews arrives in Nevada to see a friend only to find him very dead. As he takes in the scene of the crime, he finds himself held at gunpoint by the victim’s daughter, Sarah Donovan. While she denies any involvement in the death of her father, it’s clear that something’s not right with her. Before Nate can decipher everything, he and Sarah are dodging bullets. On the run for their lives, they find new emotions erupting and a determinatio ...more
Bookbeauty
Apr 04, 2014 Bookbeauty rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*** I have received an ARC via NetGalley ***

"Shattered" is a well written romantic suspense novel and I loved the witty banters between Nate and Sarah!
While Nate and Sarah have their own "struggles" (Nate discovers his murdered friend and Sarah pointing a rifle at him), there's another plot with more than one twists going on... I'm not going to spoiler you, but the ending surprised me and turned out completely different than I expected!

It is not a fluffy romance book; especially Sarah has a diff
Belinda
Aug 19, 2016 Belinda rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nate has left being a cop behind to think. He witnessed a tragedy and is still not over it..he is going to meet up with two other men that he witnessed this with..But his Friend Alex's plane is missing..when he goes to Mike's he finds him dead...He finds Mike's daughter hiding there too..they are all kinds of lies she tells him but they end up going on the run thinking some one is after her but it turns out they are after him.Fast paced thriller of a book! Hard to put down
Karen
Jul 21, 2014 Karen rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: authors-to-avoid
Bonnie Drummond
Dec 04, 2015 Bonnie Drummond rated it it was amazing
Shelves: harlequin
Shattered ( The Rescuers ) series was an exciting read that has you on the edge of you're seat. With explosive heat between Nate and Sarah and people trying to kill them to finding the killer who killed Nate's friends.
Donna
Oct 21, 2015 Donna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great story. Well paced, smooth writing style, engaging characters, and a fascinating plot. First book by this author that I've read, but I will definitely be reading more of her stories.
laura Kashner
laura Kashner rated it it was amazing
Oct 29, 2014
Jessica Mackay
Jessica Mackay rated it really liked it
Sep 22, 2015
Anna Marie
Anna Marie rated it liked it
Jan 02, 2016
Beth Schaeffer
Beth Schaeffer rated it really liked it
Mar 14, 2016
Laura Hannaway
Laura Hannaway rated it liked it
May 09, 2014
Sigga Maja
Sigga Maja rated it it was ok
Oct 29, 2014
Rebecca
Rebecca rated it really liked it
Oct 02, 2014
Sarah Davies
Sarah Davies rated it liked it
Nov 02, 2014
Steve Sisler
Steve Sisler rated it it was amazing
Jun 09, 2014
Leslie
Leslie rated it liked it
Dec 01, 2016
waynette dubose
waynette dubose rated it liked it
Aug 08, 2015
Laura Hannaway
Laura Hannaway rated it liked it
Dec 10, 2014
Donna Fisher
Donna Fisher rated it really liked it
Sep 19, 2015
Peggy
Peggy rated it really liked it
Jan 24, 2016
Janet Hartney
Janet Hartney rated it really liked it
Jul 12, 2015
Julie
Julie rated it really liked it
Oct 04, 2014
Beverly
Beverly rated it liked it
Aug 20, 2015
Joanne
Joanne rated it really liked it
Sep 21, 2015
Harlequin Books
Miniseries: The Rescuers
Nancy
Nancy rated it really liked it
Nov 20, 2014
kerri stokes
kerri stokes rated it really liked it
Apr 21, 2015
I was born in Sacramento, California. As a child, I wrote plays for the neighbor kids and invited their parents to performances. As I got older, I started my own family newspaper, handwritten and hand delivered, for the extortion price of 25 cents. Eventually, I moved into writing angst-ridden poems and journals – lots of them. Right after graduating from high school, I married the love of my life ...more
More about Alice Sharpe...

The Rescuers (2 books)
  • Stranded (The Rescuers, #2)