Start by marking “The Tower: A Story of Humility” as Want to Read:
The Tower: A Story of Humility

The Tower: A Story of Humility

4.21 of 5 stars 4.21  ·  rating details  ·  168 ratings  ·  9 reviews
A poignant allegory from the author of The Christmas Box explores the virtue of humility. In ancient China, a powerful man who believes the only way to be greater than others is to be above them constructs a great wooden tower. He soon discovers that acts of kindness make a person truly great. Full-color illustrations.
Published November 1st 2001 by Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about The Tower, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Tower

Greta
Nice story, and I love the message of it. A book that teaches values without seeming like it's teaching about values is a real treasure. However, it's not the most interesting story I've ever read. It seems similar to several others we have read recently. I think my kids will have their fill after one or two reads, but will update if it happens to become a favorite. Four shining stars for this one. :)
Kasey
Cute story!
Sheri
Like my review for The Spyglass, I thought this was a wonderful book with a great message and beautiful illustrations, but wondered if my 6-year-old daughter was catching any of it. There were a lot of large words used and difficult to follow grammar, at least for a young kid. But my daughter did listen to it and said she liked it, so there you go. Beautiful story, even if I thought it was over her head.
Melissa McLees
This book was full of sense. I thought that it was a good book on humility and learning.
Olivia
This is a book I would go out of my way to read to my children. It's message is true, but not preachy. The illustrations are some of the most gorgeous I've seen.
Janean
I thought this was a great children's and adult book. Not only did it speak to humility, but also to charity. It had great illustrations alos
Bobbi Michelle
This is one of my favorite books to read to youth, reminding them and me to be humble and remember what is most important... and to stay grounded.
Rachel
Teaches humility by explaining that it is not what you do that makes you great but what you do for others. Set in an Asian setting.
Tessa
This was a lovely book about the true meanings of humility and greatness. The illustrations are very appealing. A great family read.
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2014
Pam Drewery
Pam Drewery marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2014
Tiffany Hughes
Tiffany Hughes marked it as to-read
Sep 12, 2014
Beverlee Decaulp
Beverlee Decaulp marked it as to-read
Sep 09, 2014
Dana G
Dana G marked it as to-read
Sep 04, 2014
Donna
Donna marked it as to-read
Aug 30, 2014
Maria ( ZITA )  Silva
Maria ( ZITA ) Silva marked it as to-read
Aug 07, 2014
Lisa
Lisa added it
Jul 30, 2014
Annette Wildschut
Annette Wildschut marked it as to-read
Jul 24, 2014
Milet
Milet added it
Jul 02, 2014
Cathy Johnson
Cathy Johnson marked it as to-read
Jul 01, 2014
03jillianm
03jillianm marked it as to-read
Jun 28, 2014
Shelly Hoff
Shelly Hoff marked it as to-read
Jun 13, 2014
Fatima Iqbal
Fatima Iqbal marked it as to-read
May 29, 2014
When Richard Paul Evans wrote the #1 best-seller, The Christmas Box, he never intended on becoming an internationally known author. His quiet story of parental love and the true meaning of Christmas made history when it became simultaneously the #1 hardcover and paperback book in the nation. Since then, more than eight million copies of The Christmas Box have been printed. He has since written ele...more
More about Richard Paul Evans...
The Prisoner of Cell 25 (Michael Vey, #1) The Christmas Box (The Christmas Box Trilogy #1) The Walk (The Walk, #1) The Locket (The Locket Trilogy #1) The Christmas List