Start by marking “The Boy with Two Belly Buttons” as Want to Read:
The Boy with Two Belly Buttons

The Boy with Two Belly Buttons

Solomon never thinks it's strange that he has two belly buttons—until he finds out that no one else does. Is having that extra belly button good or bad? Things look worse and worse until an unexpected encounter makes Solomon appreciate what it means to be a little bit different.

This one-of-a-kind story from bestselling author Stephen J. Dubner (Freakonomics) and illustrato
Published September 25th 2007 by HarperCollins

To ask other readers questions about The Boy with Two Belly Buttons, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Boy with Two Belly Buttons

Petra Eggs
Feb 15, 2009 Petra Eggs rated it it was ok
OK pictures and crap text that say Its All Right To Be Different. Its all right to be interesting too, but not in this book.
Joanie
Oct 14, 2011 Joanie rated it did not like it
I grabbed this book at the library because I was intrigued by the title. When I finished the story I was confused and disappointed because it didn't explain why the boy had an extra belly button. The books' dedication leads me to believe that this story is based on a true story; who knows. Anyways, I would probably use this book as a read aloud; especially in a very diverse classroom where I feel that students are becoming clique-ish and are not interacting with one another aside from any differ ...more
Molly
Mar 17, 2008 Molly rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
This is a pretty good story about learning to accept yourself warts, or in this case bellybuttons, and all. My son liked it, but there is a part about a turtle in the middle which just doesn't make sense.
Tara Mensing
Feb 01, 2013 Tara Mensing rated it it was ok
I like how this book shows that it's okay to be different but it never answered why the boy had two belly buttons. Though answering the question wasn't the point to the story, I'm sure many children would ask. Either way, it was interesting but this book is far from my favorite.
Daniel
An interesting book about being different; the only disappointment is not finding out why he has two belly buttons
Nativida
Apr 19, 2012 Nativida rated it it was ok
Shelves: self-acceptance
Huh?
Never answered the burning question!
Awjtf
Dec 03, 2015 Awjtf rated it really liked it
funny book!
Naomi
Feb 14, 2016 Naomi rated it liked it
Lauren
Nov 15, 2011 Lauren rated it really liked it
very cute adult children's book
Kimberly
Mar 10, 2014 Kimberly rated it liked it
Very cute. Teaches where to look for more information and that you are perfect just they way you are even if you are different.
Jacob Jewell
Sep 01, 2015 Jacob Jewell rated it liked it
I stepped out of my usual genres for this, and really liked it, as did my three year old cousin. Well done, Dubner.
Sam Bloom
Apr 19, 2008 Sam Bloom rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Weird ending (is that supposed to be Spielberg?!?), but a funny book nonetheless.
Mollie B
Oct 08, 2016 Mollie B rated it it was amazing
It's okay to be different
Simone
Jan 06, 2011 Simone added it
SOO FUNNY !!!
Gregory Young
Gregory Young rated it liked it
Mar 13, 2015
Vinitha
Vinitha rated it really liked it
Oct 28, 2013
Connor
Connor rated it liked it
Jan 12, 2017
Leah
Jan 21, 2013 Leah rated it liked it
Shelves: preschoolers
...enjoyed the Steven Spielberg cameo
Yi-ching
Yi-ching rated it liked it
Dec 01, 2007
Jennifer Fenn
Jennifer Fenn rated it liked it
Jan 02, 2015
Brian
Brian rated it it was amazing
May 17, 2014
Michele
Michele rated it really liked it
Sep 05, 2016
Meghan
Meghan rated it really liked it
Mar 12, 2008
Kayla
Kayla rated it it was ok
Feb 10, 2011
Kristy McRae
Kristy McRae rated it it was ok
Jan 28, 2015
Eleanor
Eleanor rated it it was amazing
Jan 26, 2012
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez rated it it was amazing
Jun 15, 2016
Yvonne
Yvonne rated it it was ok
Jun 04, 2013
Aspasia
Aspasia rated it really liked it
Dec 04, 2011
Allison
Allison rated it liked it
May 02, 2013
1928
Stephen J. Dubner is an award-winning author, journalist, and TV and radio personality. In addition to Freakonomics and SuperFreakonomics, his books include Turbulent Souls Choosing My Religion, Confessions of a Hero-Worshiper, and the children’s book The Boy With Two Belly Buttons. His journalism has been published in The New York Times, The New Yorker, and Time, and has been anthologized in The ...more
More about Stephen J. Dubner...