Start by marking “Carmine's Celebrates: Classic Italian Recipes for Everyday Feasts” as Want to Read:
Carmine's Celebrates: Classic Italian Recipes for Everyday Feasts

Carmine's Celebrates: Classic Italian Recipes for Everyday Feasts

Carmine's is founded on the twin concepts of deliciousness and Italian abbondanza. In their wildly popular Times Square flagship location and their other restaurants in New York City, Atlantic City, Las Vegas, Washington, DC, and Paradise Island, Bahamas, the tables are filled with giant platters of pasta, steaks, chicken, vegetables and more. And every single diner has a ...more
Published November 4th 2014 by St. Martin's Press

To ask other readers questions about Carmine's Celebrates, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Carmine's Celebrates

Jennifer Shirley
Nov 30, 2016 Jennifer Shirley rated it it was amazing
Yum! Tried many of the recipes from this book, wonderful. The photographs are beautiful. Even has instruction for making your own lemon cello. Have checked it again since the first time I had it.
Juergen John Roscher
Sep 25, 2014 Juergen John Roscher rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book through the GoodReads First Reads program.

In the town where I live there is not any good options for great Italian food and I thought I might be able to cook my own with a little guidance from a good Italian cookbook. Also, I love classic Italian food so I thought it would be fun to have a good Italian cookbook. I think that Carmine’s Celebrates: Classic Italian Recipes for Everyday Feasts will be my book of choice for Italian cooking.

This book consist of classic
Shelly Donaghey
Nov 11, 2014 Shelly Donaghey rated it really liked it
CARMINE’S CELEBRATES introduced me to what appears to be fast becoming one of New York City’s most prominent Italian dining experiences. After a short introduction to the restaurant, the idea behind it (Grandma’s Sunday family dinner) and several other asides, the book gives you a heads-up about Italian wines.
The body of the work is fabulous recipes. With everything from hot and cold appetizers, salads and pastas, through the main courses and side dishes and finally, desserts. A photograph, so
Dawn
Oct 01, 2014 Dawn added it
I received an ARC from Goodreads Firstreads.

Carmine's one of the best places to eat in New York, and now in your home. This book is packed with dishes from the restaurant that everyone will love. Just like you are eating there, the portions are huge. I would recommend making them when you have a large crowd to feed! Or just want a ton of leftovers ( assuming you csn resist over eating)

I am by no means an expert chef, but these recipes are actually easy to follow. They are accompanied by gorgeo
Rebecca
Sep 23, 2014 Rebecca rated it really liked it
Shelves: cooking
I won a copy of this book from Goodreads Firstreads. I had never heard of Carmine's before getting this book. The recipes in this book cover standard Italian fare, like pasta carbonara, meatballs and lasagna. The recipes themselves are fairly simple and the instructions are straight forward. There are several recipes my husband said we must try. Not every recipe has a photo of the finished dish, which is a drawback. The book does come with tips on Italian wines, olive oils and other staples of t ...more
Penguin
Nov 01, 2014 Penguin rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
Many thanks to St. Martin's Press for this wonderful copy of Carmine's Celebrates by Glenn Rolnick.

Carmine's Family Style Restaurant(s) in New York City is one of my favorite places to eat when I'm in New York. The food is wonderful and the family style servings can serve a large table or a few ravenous diners. The cookbook shares so many of their delicious recipes and the instructions are presented so easily that even a novice cook could navigate through the pages and come up with a dinner the
Peacejanz
Apr 16, 2015 Peacejanz rated it it was amazing
This may be the most beautiful cookbook that I have ever seen. First, we have recipes and then see them in magnificent color. This is a gift book for anyone. But what makes the book so good is the additional information -- info on various types of pasta, on Italian wines, an education on cheeses and superb tomatoes. There is so much here but the photographs! This cookbook from an actual restaurant could be one of those cocktail table books. I love it and am so glad that I got an advance copy fro ...more
Cherie
Dec 30, 2014 Cherie rated it really liked it
Lovely cookbook. Loved the colorful illustrations. Loved the introduction about the restaurant and about Italian food in general. I word of warning to the novice cook, many of these recipes are a bit too complicated and ingredient laden for the beginner cook. Some recipes I especially would love to try are the stuffed salmon, cod puttanesca, chicken marsala, garlic bread, and garlic-roasted broccoli.
Sara Rishforth
Oct 03, 2014 Sara Rishforth rated it really liked it
I received this book in a Good Reads Giveaway. My first cookbook win, and I love cookbooks. The recipes are easy to follow, and I like the pictures throughout the book. Yesterday, I made the bolognese, and it was fantastic! Plenty of leftovers for another meal, and I suspect it would freeze well for later meals. Next on my list is the eggplant dip and the New York style cheesecake.

Many thanks for including this as a giveaway! It's a wonderful cookbook to add to my collection.
Ellie Reardon
Nov 18, 2014 Ellie Reardon rated it it was amazing
**I received a copy of this book through the Goodreads First Reads program*
I loved this cookbook so much! I am a big fan of cookbooks and Italian food, so my eyes instantly lit up as I flipped through the pages of this book. The recipes sound absolutely delicious, and everything inside looks so fancy. I can't wait to try out a few recipes with my family! This is a great cookbook for anyone who loves to cook, and appreciates good old fashioned Italian recipes! :)
Sheilamarie
Nov 16, 2014 Sheilamarie rated it it was amazing
Received as ARC from Goodreads.com

Mr. Rolnick did a fabulous job in creating this book. The pictures are beautiful and the recipes are well written and for a non-cook like myself, easy to follow. The majority of ingredients are easily obtainable, maybe a few you would like to get at a specialty or International food store.

Brilliant and highly recommended.
Carolyn
Oct 01, 2014 Carolyn rated it really liked it
I received this book free from Goodreads and threw myself into some of the most delightful dinners. The pictures were excellent and very easy to follow directions. I do plan on using this book for company feasts and do not plan on loaning it to anyone for fear of it not being returned.
Abe
Nov 07, 2014 Abe rated it liked it
I really enjoyed this book. Simple, easy, tasty recipes for a novice. I'm tempted to invite guests over weekly just so that I can try some of the treats I have yet to try.
Tiffany T
Tiffany T rated it liked it
Dec 13, 2014
Rebecca Mason
Rebecca Mason rated it it was amazing
Oct 02, 2014
Sarrah
Sarrah rated it really liked it
Oct 01, 2014
Brenda Rackley
Brenda Rackley rated it it was amazing
Nov 30, 2016
Patricia A Gasparre
Patricia A Gasparre rated it it was amazing
Sep 09, 2016
Philip
Philip rated it really liked it
Sep 22, 2014
Sandi
Sandi rated it really liked it
Oct 02, 2014
Jen Richer
Jen Richer rated it really liked it
Jan 22, 2016
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez
Cecilia Dunbar Hernandez rated it it was amazing
Jan 11, 2016
Elaine
Elaine rated it really liked it
Oct 03, 2014
Kayla
Kayla marked it as to-read
L
L marked it as to-read
Frederick Rotzien
Frederick Rotzien marked it as to-read
Laura Harrison
Laura Harrison marked it as to-read
Jenny Dauksa Schaber
Jenny Dauksa Schaber marked it as to-read
Ms. Reader
Ms. Reader marked it as to-read
Wanda
Wanda marked it as to-read
Katrina Mcghee
Katrina Mcghee marked it as to-read
Laura Lovejoy-Brunk
Laura Lovejoy-Brunk marked it as to-read
Kat
Kat marked it as to-read
Judy
Judy marked it as to-read
Tammy
Tammy marked it as to-read
Tasha
Tasha marked it as to-read
Dan
Dan marked it as to-read
Aubrey
Aubrey marked it as to-read
Nina
Nina marked it as to-read
Vykki
Vykki marked it as to-read
Karen
Karen marked it as to-read
Jennifer OKC
Jennifer OKC marked it as to-read
Joy Adams
Joy Adams marked it as to-read
Rosie
Rosie marked it as to-read
L
L marked it as to-read
Melissa
Melissa marked it as to-read
Leviatheninutero
Leviatheninutero marked it as to-read
Tamara
Tamara marked it as to-read
Ronnie
Ronnie marked it as to-read
Kathy
Kathy marked it as to-read
Katie Harder-schauer
Katie Harder-schauer marked it as to-read
Gordon Bingham
Gordon Bingham marked it as to-read
Kim
Kim marked it as to-read
  • The Way We Ate: 100 Chefs Celebrate a Century at the American Table
  • Homemade: How-to Make Hundreds of Everyday Products Fast, Fresh, and More Naturally
  • My Year in Meals
  • The Casserole Queens Cookbook: Put Some Lovin' in Your Oven with 100 Easy One-Dish Recipes
  • Real Cajun: Rustic Home Cooking from Donald Link's Louisiana
  • The Gourmet Cookie Book: The Single Best Recipe from Each Year 1941-2009
  • Paula Deen's Southern Cooking Bible: The New Classic Guide to Delicious Dishes with More Than 300 Recipes
  • Will It Waffle?: Bacon and Eggs to Mac 'n' Cheese, Bibimbap to Chocolate Chip Cookies--53 Irresistible, Unexpected Recipes to Make in a Waffle Iron
  • How to Cook Everything Fast
  • The Lee Bros. Southern Cookbook: Stories and Recipes for Southerners and Would-be Southerners
  • VOLT ink.: Recipes, Stories, Brothers
  • From Emeril's Kitchens: Favorite Recipes from Emeril's Restaurants
  • Cheap. Fast. Good!
  • Fabulicious!: Teresa’s Italian Family Cookbook
  • Lidia's Commonsense Italian Cooking: 150 Delicious and Simple Recipes Anyone Can Master
  • The Cornbread Gospels
  • Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives: The Funky Finds in Flavortown: America's Classic Joints and Killer Comfort Food
  • The Steamy Kitchen Cookbook: 101 Asian Recipes Simple Enough for Tonight's Dinner