Start by marking “The Invisible Friend (Viking Quest, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Invisible Friend (Viking Quest, #3)

The Invisible Friend (Viking Quest #3)

Deep in the Norwegian fjords the Viking ship comes to shore. Mikkel, the prideful young leader, is home, but Briana O'Toole faces a new, uncertain life. What will happen to her and the other Irish prisoners?

Soon Bree feels sure that Mikkel is hiding a dark secret from his father. When Bree finds mysterious messages that seem meant for her, she longs to be what she is--the
Published June 1st 2004 by Moody Publishers

To ask other readers questions about The Invisible Friend, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Invisible Friend

Amanda Tero
Jan 30, 2017 Amanda Tero rated it it was amazing
I liked this book much better than the first two. It felt a little more complete, whereas the first two were kind of "introductory" feeling. The characters' growth in this one was good (and not all about anger). I especially liked Bree and Grandmother. That added a nice touch to the story.

The comparison of the one true God with the Vikings' gods is intriguing. It does not go in depth with pagan religions, but mentions some of the differences, always acknowledging Jesus Christ as the true God.

The
Rachel S.
Apr 26, 2008 Rachel S. rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: any one
Recommended to Rachel by: my mom (lol)
I LOVE THIS BOOK!!!!

there is 2 more but they whernt on the search!
Meadow Frisbie
Feb 27, 2008 Meadow Frisbie rated it really liked it
Shelves: midieval, mystery
When Bree is turned over to be a slave. She finds that her long lost sister might be on the island. And she finds out that she has an invisible friend, or is he/she invisible?
Hosanna
Jul 14, 2016 Hosanna rated it it was amazing
The Invisible Friend is another wonderful book in the Viking Quest series! This is a captivating story for people of all ages.

Bree is a Irish lass, stolen away from her family by a viking raid. Now, living in Norway, she is faced with huge problems. As a slave, can she do what is required of her without losing hope? Will she ever see her family again? And is her sister, who was stolen away six years before, somewhere near by? Bree learns to trust in her invisible Friend. She shares the Gospel wi
Heather
One of my sons wants to learn more about Vikings so I ordered this series on a whim. Thus far I have really liked it. The characters are well-developed and strong. The action is not overwhelming or too intense. The Christian faith of the main characters helps to teach some great lessons that I'd like my boys to learn.

Overall a fun series and one I would readily allow my children to read (or read to them).
Nikiandcory
Jan 24, 2014 Nikiandcory rated it it was amazing
This is the third book in the series. This story continues be a page turner but it the story wraps up two of the main characters making you curious about what will happen to the last one.
Again, distinctly Christian, readers will be challenged in areas of contentment and the value of family. It could be read by itself but I highly recommend starting with book 1 so you can get the full enjoyment.
Priscilla
Jan 03, 2015 Priscilla rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childhood-books
I absolutely loved this book! I was thirteen when my friend lent me the series and I read all five book in a week and a half! :) I then got my Mum, Dad, older brother and 96 year old Grandma to read them. They liked them too. Just shows its a good series for a WIDE variety of ages! LOL :) But it aimed at pre-teens and teenagers. Full of fascinating history about Ireland, Norway, Iceland, Greenland and North America around the turn of the Millennium in 1000 AD. Awesome books!
Peter N.
Feb 07, 2014 Peter N. rated it liked it
This is the third book in the series and the one I liked the least. The plot was still good. However, now the author has essentially eliminated all the bad people by making them become good through the kindness of the main character. When Christian authors do this it drives me crazy. It removes all narrative tension. We will read the last two, but hopefully she brings in some bad guys to create real conflict.
Ashley Bowen
Mar 05, 2014 Ashley Bowen rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite, t
This is an amazing book. The Viking Quest series is a christian nonforgettable series. I was sad when I read the last one. Now I wish there were more books.
Wow wow wow awesome series could not get any better. Too bad there is not a movie series about this. It would be great. Overall I think this is a series that everyone should read. Thank you Lois, I love these!
Maiya
May 07, 2010 Maiya rated it really liked it
Shelves: recommendations
" I was SO addicted to these book series during our trip to Texas. I couldn't put them down, and once i almost got car sick form reading so much on the road! So here is some advise if you are going to start these book series, don't start them on the road! :)"
Karla M
I pre-read this book for my son's Viking unit study. I like the message of honoring one's word regardless of circumstances set agains the back drop of slave life in Norway. The author tastefully reminds the readers the Vikings aquisition of slaves during the raids, and the life of a slave.
Lacey
Aug 18, 2014 Lacey rated it liked it
Bree is now in Norway and thinks that her sister might be here too. She too was taken captive and made a slave. Can she still trust in God to help her? Will she ever be home again? Will she ever see her family again? Can she trust Mikkel? The more books I read the more I have enjoyed the series.
Arya
Jul 04, 2008 Arya rated it really liked it
Briana O'Toole has finally arrived at Mikkel's home. . . . and there is someone there waiting for her that she thought she would never see again. When her brother arrives with ransom money will they all be able to escape the Vikings?

Danger, faith and love collide in this intriguing story.
Mom
Oct 31, 2010 Mom rated it it was amazing
I loved all of these books
Rebecca
Mar 23, 2012 Rebecca rated it liked it
Great series for adolescent readers. I love the way the author has brought together a fascinating storyline and a powerful message about God's never failing love.
Hannah
Jan 10, 2013 Hannah rated it really liked it
I don't really understand Bree's hatred for Mikkel, but I've never been kidnapped and kept as a slave, so my lack of understanding means nothing.
I see why this series is so loved by my friends.
Kendra
Apr 21, 2011 Kendra marked it as to-read
I think this was the book we were half-way through before we moved (we moved the summer before 6th grade). I hope to finish it...eventually!
Smiley
Smiley rated it really liked it
Oct 09, 2014
Annah
Annah rated it it was ok
Sep 07, 2013
Emily
Emily rated it really liked it
Feb 12, 2015
serena482*
serena482* rated it it was amazing
Jul 21, 2015
Caleb W.
Caleb W. rated it liked it
Jan 20, 2014
Esther Owens
Esther Owens rated it it was amazing
Feb 29, 2016
Abbi
Abbi rated it it was amazing
Feb 09, 2012
ashley nicole
ashley nicole rated it really liked it
Oct 07, 2016
Brenna
Brenna rated it it was ok
May 10, 2013
rissabean
rissabean rated it it was amazing
Nov 17, 2008
Anna S
Anna S rated it really liked it
May 19, 2015
Lindsay Frost
Lindsay Frost rated it it was amazing
Sep 27, 2009
  • Sir Bentley and Holbrook Court (The Knights of Arrethtrae, #2)
  • The Red Keep: A Story of Burgundy in 1165
  • Hostage Lands (Heroes & History #1)
  • The Reb and the Redcoats
  • Madeleine Takes Command
  • A Father's Promise
  • Rainbow Garden
  • Dark Horse (Starlight Animal Rescue, #4)
  • A Knight of the White Cross
  • Isle of Swords (Isle of Swords, #1)

Viking Quest (5 books)
  • Raiders from the Sea (Viking Quest, #1)
  • Mystery of the Silver Coins (Viking Quest, #2)
  • Heart of Courage (Viking Quest, #4)
  • Raider's Promise (Viking Quest, #5)