Start by marking “Suburban Junky: From Honor Roll to Heroin Addict” as Want to Read:
Suburban Junky: From Honor Roll to Heroin Addict

Suburban Junky: From Honor Roll to Heroin Addict

Jude Hassan came from an upper-middle class household in suburban St. Louis. For most of his life, he was an all-around normal kid. He excelled in sports and academics, and cherished his time at home with his family. It wasn’t until he turned fifteen that things went seriously wrong. While attending his first high school party, he was introduced to pot and alcohol. ...more
Published October 16th 2012 by Hllcrest Media

To ask other readers questions about Suburban Junky, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Suburban Junky

christine defresco
Aug 08, 2015 christine defresco rated it it was amazing
Good book

Me myself'll f being an addict to heroin and in recovery for many years and then relapsing yet also being a upper middle class white Italian girl with straight A's and who always worked.. college..and having a parent as a drug counselor less I can very much relate..i went on methadone for a little got off t h and God and for the most part the book was right on .it is an epidemic and it is getting worse the kids come in younger n younger and I was expecting a different ending but it said
Amor
Mar 16, 2016 Amor rated it it was amazing
Another great book (memoir) on drug addiction. Was very hard to put down. I like that he decided to tell his story as there are many young adults in school (high school/college) that I am sure can relate to this story. If you like biographies or memoirs on family, addiction and the road to recover I highly recommend this one.
Julie Ellison
Apr 13, 2015 Julie Ellison rated it it was amazing
Read it in 1 day

Very well written, I've been meaning to read this and couldn't put it down. It's crazy how addiction can happen to anyone regardless of your background. Great Job Jude for being so honest!
Kristina Welker
Dec 11, 2014 Kristina Welker rated it it was amazing
Very educational.

Great book!! Jude is a good writer. His honesty and bravery is inspirational. I recommend this book to all parents who have a child who struggles with addiction.
Ashley McDonald
Dec 27, 2015 Ashley McDonald rated it really liked it
definitely enjoyed this book! Jude has written a raw, poignant account of his life from beginning to end of his drug use. awesome quick read for anyone who likes to read memoirs about drug addiction.
Kristin Pikul
Jul 18, 2016 Kristin Pikul rated it really liked it
This book is very eye opening how quickly this awful drug can take you down! Very close to home for me:(
Jody Flores
Feb 28, 2014 Jody Flores rated it it was amazing
This is like every heroin story you've heard and like no other heroin story you've heard, if that makes sense. I could not stop reading from the moment I picked up the book.
Vicki Chanon
Vicki Chanon rated it it was amazing
Aug 23, 2016
Claire Duncan
Claire Duncan rated it it was amazing
Feb 26, 2015
Brittany Nichelson
Brittany Nichelson rated it really liked it
Aug 23, 2016
Laura T Wilkin
Laura T Wilkin rated it liked it
Feb 09, 2016
Mika Worden
Mika Worden rated it it was amazing
Jan 26, 2016
Jennifer rated it it was amazing
Sep 11, 2016
Terri Knutson
Terri Knutson rated it really liked it
Jun 06, 2016
Chelsie Oort
Chelsie Oort rated it really liked it
Mar 15, 2015
Lynn
Lynn rated it really liked it
Jun 25, 2014
Ashley Drenning
Ashley Drenning rated it it was ok
Oct 10, 2014
Meredyth Pray
Meredyth Pray rated it it was ok
Dec 03, 2014
Susie Hamlin
Susie Hamlin rated it it was amazing
Jul 31, 2016
Sarah rated it it was amazing
May 21, 2014
Cindy Goodman
Cindy Goodman rated it did not like it
Apr 16, 2014
Kristin
Kristin rated it liked it
Jun 03, 2016
Brenda
May 29, 2016 Brenda rated it it was amazing
Very insightful first hand personal story of being a heroin addict.
Danielle
Danielle rated it it was amazing
Feb 19, 2014
candace
candace rated it it was amazing
May 06, 2015
maile Johnson
maile Johnson rated it it was ok
Jan 25, 2015
Lauren
Lauren rated it it was amazing
Jul 09, 2016
Amanda
Amanda rated it liked it
Dec 10, 2015
Misty
Misty rated it liked it
Apr 15, 2015
Lisacary
Lisacary rated it it was ok
Aug 02, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »
Jude Hassan was born in St. Louis, Missouri in 1983, and lives there to this day with his wife, Rachel. He is the President of a St. Louis-based nonprofit organization, similarly named ​Suburban Junky. Their mission is to educate teenagers on the perils of drug abuse. Jude currently travels around the country sharing his story.
More about Jude Hassan...