Start by marking “Bluebonnet Belle” as Want to Read:
Bluebonnet Belle

Bluebonnet Belle

3.64  ·  Rating Details  ·  173 Ratings  ·  16 Reviews
April Truitt didn't trust doctors, battle of wills was raging in the Lone Star State in 1876. least of all handsome newcomer Gray Fuller, who opposed her efforts to offer the women of Dignity, Texas, an herbal alternative to surgery. He treated her like some quack, but April was determined to save other women from dying on the operating table, like her mother did.Gray coul ...more
Published October 1st 2007 by Steeple Hill (first published November 27th 1996)

To ask other readers questions about Bluebonnet Belle, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bluebonnet Belle

Andrea Norton
I loved the story of April Truitt. She has a serious mistrust of doctors and Dr. Gray Fuller's move to Dignity, Texas and befriending her grandfather upsets her greatly. I enjoyed how the two characters bantered with each other over their personal convictions to how a patient should be treated by modern medicine or the elixir that April helps promote. The author created a good set of characters to weave into the story, each bringing depth to the story and helping the reader feel like a resident ...more
Kathryn
Dec 12, 2010 Kathryn rated it really liked it
Barbara
April Truitt doesn't think of herself as flighty or impulsive, but she is. She acts without thinking for the better part of the book which made me wonder why Ms. Copeland can't write intelligent female characters. April is enamored of rake Henry, who is cheating on her with another woman, Grace. April also distrusts doctors after her mother's slow death, which puts her at odds with handsome Gray Fuller, the town's doctor, a transplant from Dallas society.

Copeland always injects humor into her bo
Barbara
Aug 31, 2012 Barbara rated it really liked it
Quite the fun, witty, romantic story that made me chuckle, smile, and even tear up on occasion. Just as in her Brides of the West series, Lori Copeland has a knack for allowing the reader to picture the setting as if he/she were in it him/herself. The only downfall is that she writes in such a way that after reading the Brides series, I have grown to predict certain events to where the suspense has waned; however still a very enjoyable story. I have some thoughts about the ending; however, due t ...more
Andeanna
Jul 21, 2012 Andeanna rated it really liked it
I wasn't sure I would like this main character much after the first chapter. She seemed young, closed minded and youthfully silly. As the story developed I began to like her more and more. I enjoyed her personal growth spurts and changing personal and business relationships. I love the way Lori Copeland uses the plot to showcase this historical periods medical and social science issues. In all, a fun and uplifting read.
Carolyn
Sep 05, 2012 Carolyn rated it liked it
This book changed a lot about halfway through. The beginning was pretty slow and April sort of got on my nerves about her involvement with the Pinkham's tonic and her dislike of doctors. About halfway through the book when she stops thinking she's better than people with medical degrees was when I could truly get behind this book and enjoy it.
Readitnweep
Jan 14, 2012 Readitnweep rated it did not like it
Shelves: historical, romance
April is a Texas herbolist in the later 19th century. That's interesting. But she was mostly an annoying character. Gray Fuller is the new doctor in town, not fond of herbolists in favor of medicine.

Gray was likeable, but April was not. The plot was okay.
Ella
Apr 27, 2008 Ella rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: 16 or older
Another good love story by Lori Copeland. This was unlike the brides of the west in the fact that she doesn't preach about her beliefs. I do in enjoy the humor she always brings to the books. It is always a pleasure to read a clean romance.
Angie Taylor
Jul 25, 2011 Angie Taylor rated it liked it
Very similar to your other Copeland books, but this one reminded me of one of Georgette Heyer's books because if the witty banter back and forth with the main male and female characters. A fun little Christian romance.
Sandy
Aug 28, 2008 Sandy rated it liked it
Shelves: steeple-hill
I couldn't decide if I should have given it 2or 3 stars. I really don't know how I felt about her. There were times I liked April and then there were times she got on my nerves for being so dense.
Crissi
This was my first book by Lori Copeland & I just loved it! Couldn't put it down :o) I'm looking forward to reading more books by her :o)
Sara
Sep 14, 2010 Sara rated it really liked it
very funny. One of her better books.
Mar 03, 2011 Laura rated it did not like it
Shelves: romance, 2011
So boring. Could not finish.
Katelyn
Heidi
Oct 08, 2009 Heidi rated it it was ok
Too slow.
Jeana Phillips
Jeana Phillips marked it as to-read
Apr 29, 2016
Brittany Farrell
Brittany Farrell rated it liked it
Apr 20, 2016
Barbara A. Hester
Barbara A. Hester rated it really liked it
Apr 16, 2016
RaeLatte
RaeLatte rated it really liked it
Apr 07, 2016
Pam Willard
Pam Willard marked it as to-read
Apr 07, 2016
Sherry
Sherry marked it as to-read
Mar 26, 2016
Tima
Tima marked it as to-read
Mar 24, 2016
Rebekah
Rebekah rated it liked it
Mar 28, 2016
Kathy Majeski
Kathy Majeski marked it as to-read
Mar 17, 2016
Teresa
Teresa marked it as to-read
Mar 13, 2016
Winifred Jackson
Winifred Jackson rated it liked it
Mar 08, 2016
Paula
Paula added it
Mar 05, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Dec 18, 2014 09:41AM
  • The Bride Blunder (Prairie Promises, #3)
  • A Hope Beyond (Ribbons of Steel, #2)
  • Love Lessons (Homeschool Series #1)
  • Ransome's Crossing (The Ransome Trilogy, #2)
  • Heartland Wedding (After the Storm: The Founding Years, #2)
  • The Blackmailed Bride
  • Gingham Mountain (Lassoed in Texas, #3)
  • Woman of Grace (Brides of Culdee Creek, #2)
  • The Substitute Bride
  • Of Men and of Angels (Galway Chronicles #2)
  • A Log Cabin Christmas Collection
  • In Name Only
  • Lanterns and Lace (Texas Legacy #2)
  • Oregon Brides
  • Love Finds You in Lonesome Prairie, Montana
  • Marrying Minister Right
  • Cade (The Morgans of Rocky Ridge #1)
  • A Moment in Time (Lone Star Brides, #2)
Lori Copeland was born on 12 June 1941. She had a relatively late start in writing, breaking into publishing in 1982 when she was already forty years old. Over the next dozen years, her romance novels achieved much success, as was evidenced by her winning the Romantic Times Reviewer's Choice Award, The Holt Medallion, and Walden Books' Best Seller award. She has been inducted into the Missouri Wri ...more
More about Lori Copeland...