Start by marking “The Belial Library (Belial #2)” as Want to Read:
The Belial Library (Belial #2)

The Belial Library (Belial #2)

4.2  ·  Rating Details ·  1,303 Ratings  ·  68 Reviews
An Ancient Cache of Knowledge
An Identity Long Hidden
And a Brutal Theft That May Destroy Us All

Over decades, evidence of an incredible treasure, hidden in the forests of Ecuador, had been gathered by a Roman Catholic priest. The rumors of the treasure date back to the Conquistadors and tales of storehouses of Incan gold. But Professor Delaney McPhearson believes the treasur
Published December 6th 2013

To ask other readers questions about The Belial Library, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Belial Library

Toni L.
May 19, 2015 Toni L. rated it it was amazing
WOW Another great book to the series. I told my sister and my neighbor
about the series and they are both reading it. The author is really
great. Am on the third book.
Per Gunnar
Dec 30, 2013 Per Gunnar rated it really liked it
The Belial Stone was a reasonably good book although I did not exactly find it fantastic. This book, The Belial Library, is the successor to The Belial Stone. I found this book quite enjoyable and an improvement over the first book.

The story kind of continues from the first book. I write “kind of” because the Belial stones found in the previous book are not part of this book but it stills ties in with the events in the first book. The main characters are all back and although, at first, Laney se
C.K. Raggio
Feb 13, 2014 C.K. Raggio rated it really liked it
After reading RD Brady's first novel The Belial Stone, I could not wait to read her newest Professor Delaney McPhearson adventure THE BELIAL LIBRARY. Especially when I saw the treasure she was going to be searching for was possibly older than the Incans. Very fun!

Laney teams up with all the characters from her last quest and stands up against some new and brutal villains who will stop at nothing to get what they want. And this time, Henry Chandler a very close friend of Laney is at the heart of
A.B. Shepherd
Feb 05, 2016 A.B. Shepherd rated it really liked it
I loved the ancient archeology aspects, and the Atlantis links. Could have done without angels.

Good enough to keep me reading the series though.
Christopher Everest
This book, and its predecessor "The Belial Stone" strike me as (kind of) old-fashioned stories. I was initially having some willing-suspension-of-disbelief style doubts but then it suddenly reminded me of another famous story which I remembered reading years ago and loved. (Perhaps its a South American Jungle thing !). That is, "The Lost World" by Conan Doyle. As soon as I switched off the Dan-Brown-ometer in my head and accepted the book at a different level I really enjoyed it and recognised ...more
Kerry A Smith
Jan 28, 2015 Kerry A Smith rated it really liked it
Great as a stand alone despite being one of a series

I very much enjoyed the story, I was unaware that it was the second in a series when I purchased it; however as a stand alone story it was still viable as well as enjoyable.
I did suffer I little from missing the character development that I am sure exists more thoroughly in the first book. On occasion this caused me a bit of confusion, but the story is written well enough that I overcame it rather quickly.

Overall I enjoyed the book very much a
Yvonne
Apr 02, 2014 Yvonne rated it it was amazing
R.D. Brady has done it again with her 2nd novel in the Belial Series. This is a great read filled with action, adventure, and the protection of indigenous people and their land from those who seek profit and the knowledge of the Belial. Sit back with a cup of coffee or tea and enjoy the trials and joys of Dr. Delaney McPherson, Jake Rogan, and members of the Chandler Group as they seek ways to save a tribe of indigenous citizens in Ecuador from those who would destroy them, their land, and the ...more
Grw
Jan 31, 2016 Grw rated it it was amazing
A much better book than the previous / first one in the series due to the added depth given to several of the characters, which was sadly lacking in the original. The heroes are still a bit too good to be believed but at least there could be a reason for that now.

Anyway, good, if not great action adventure story, nice twists and turns along the way, mixing both historical fact and fiction along the way.
Linda A. Blanchette
Jul 15, 2015 Linda A. Blanchette rated it really liked it
A successful sequel

As was the first in the series,this book is also action packed and a very fast read. I hope the editing improved in later editions though, because there were an abundant amount of prepositions missing and quite a few misordered phrases. An annoyance to be sure, but not enough for a bad rating. Better character development in this book, and as the author Jones her craft, I expect even more.
Jonelle
Mar 01, 2015 Jonelle rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction
Was there a copy editor for this? HUGE errors throughout the book! As with the first book, there was indeed plenty of action ... bordering on overkill (pun intended). Disappointingly, the characters were no better developed than they were in the Belial Stone. And yet ... I read it to follow the ongoing saga and will probably read the rest in the series. Everybody needs a fluff read now and again and this is my fluffy series of the moment.
Kathy
Nov 28, 2014 Kathy rated it really liked it
Laney, her ex-military boyfriend and his boss, uber-rich Henry, get pulled deeper into the battle between good and evil. Laney and her friend Jen attempt to protect a South American tribe who has been hiding an archeological treasure for lifetimes. As the story unfolds, Henry learns more about his family history and the information doesn't come painlessly.

I'm liking these characters quite a bit.
James Prestridge
Dec 12, 2014 James Prestridge rated it it was amazing
Better and better!

As much as I enjoyed reading The Belial Stone, I finished the book with criticisms about some of its storytelling methods. I'm very happy to report that I must not have been alone in that regard, as those elements were completely removed from The Belial Library.

This feels like a cop out. But, I honestly can't think of one thing to criticize about this book. On to the next!

I'm going to be so sad when I've caught up on all available books.
Lenore Ashby
Jan 31, 2015 Lenore Ashby rated it it was amazing
action, adventure mixed in with actual folklore

I love reading books where the story keeps you on the edge of your seat. This is one of those books. It is entertaining and fun. It has enough fantasy mixed in with reality to keep many people of different interests entertained. The author has taken actual legends and woven them into an exciting, if somewhat unrealistic, adventure. Anyone who enjoys action will love these books. It reminded me of an Indiana Jones adventure!
Mary Lou Webb
Apr 16, 2015 Mary Lou Webb rated it it was amazing
The series just gets better

This second book not only continues the story of characters who have become like dear friends, but continues to add new twists. I think I liked this one even better than the first, a rarity in my experience. After I was half finished with the first one, I had to quickly hit the Kindle store and buy the rest in the series. I can't say that about many series. If you enjoy James Rollins' or Matthew Reilly's books, this would be a good series for you.
Pam Bales
Jan 22, 2016 Pam Bales rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: belial
If you love the idea of Atlantis as I have for as many years as I can remember, and that's quite a few, you should read this series. This is the second and I am ready for the third. There are intriguing, strong characters, surprising twists, and a good story line. I am never sure whether to call Atlantis science fiction or fantasy, but it is a good mix of the two. I hope you find and enjoy this series.
Melanie Robinson
Mar 03, 2016 Melanie Robinson rated it it was amazing
Fantastic Follow-up

This was a great sequel to the first book. The story keeps the reader engaged and the characters have more dimension. The heroes are allowed to be heroes and not lucky bumbling
Idiots. Although brilliant, Laney's inability to automatically connect the dots make her more real and believable yet somewhat frustrating. Would love to see these stories and characters come to life on the big screen.
Barbara T Scroggs
Feb 22, 2015 Barbara T Scroggs rated it really liked it
You've GOT to read this series!

I had just finished book 1 The Belial Stone and thought I'd try book 2. The second book is usually not quite as good as the first, but I liked the characters and hoped the author was smart enough to use them again. Wow! The adventure and excitement never stop. Love the characters, totally engrossed in the adventures. Love, love, love these books!
annemarie_bookaholic
May 22, 2015 annemarie_bookaholic rated it it was amazing
Book 2 is as good as the first book. So much action it keeps you reading until the early morning hours. I hated to put it down. There is a lot of action and some suspense.. it keeps you guessing. I love the archeological aspects of the books which was the biggest attraction for me to start the series! I am starting the next book after I finish this review.
Juliana
Jul 31, 2015 Juliana rated it it was amazing
Another Winner

The second in the Belial Series and the action never stops and neither do the surprises. Our favourite characters are back as well as some loveable newcomers and not so loveable villains. I only wish there was a little less Kung Fu fighting and more about the story of the Fallen.
Karen Turner
Aug 29, 2015 Karen Turner rated it it was amazing
Non-stop action adventure rules as this 2nd book continues the Belial Series with a blend of the historical/biblical/techno-thriller genres. Intriguing characters each have their own mysterious backgrounds, many of which are yet to be discovered in future books. I can't wait to continue the story.
Dana Griffin
Dec 27, 2013 Dana Griffin rated it really liked it
As in The Belial Stone by this author, lovers of action novels based on archeology will love this novel. The story moves forward at a rapid pace building on the characters from the previous novel, and adding a few new ones. I stayed engrossed throughout the novel. The epilogue will make you anxious for the next in the serious.

Four out of five star rating.
Jeanne Walz
Jul 12, 2014 Jeanne Walz rated it it was amazing
Wow! I am in love with all of the characters and the storylines she has presented. Although this book does go into Henry's backstory, it is strategically placed into the main story. The introduction of a mystery character helps to answer a few questions you may have. The action is well balanced with the downtime moments. Overall, it is a great read which I had a hard time putting down.
Tyre
Jul 14, 2015 Tyre rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2015
Turning out to be a very interesting series

I really enjoyed this story. I liked how it fit in with the last book. I also like the ending- not a cliffhanger, but leads you into the next part of the group's journey. Makes me want to know what happens next. Just enough mystery, history, and fantasy make it feel realistic.
Debora Sutton
Dec 10, 2014 Debora Sutton rated it it was amazing
The Beliel Series

Just finished the second book in the series and getting ready to start the third, books are well written, doesn't drag a real page Turner not a good book to start at bedtime as l stayed up most of the night to finish it. This author is right up there if you read Clive Cussler, Ted Bell, James Rollins and others I will add this series to my re-read list.
John Elliott
Aug 04, 2015 John Elliott rated it it was amazing
Another good book by R.D. Brady...I'm on book 5 now and can't get enough of this. I've never been so engrossed in a story line as this one. The history involved in Brady's writing follows each book and the fiction is so believable it makes me start to think, 'did that really happen.' Great job R.D. Recommend to everyone to read.
Silvia Papadopoulos
Apr 02, 2015 Silvia Papadopoulos rated it really liked it
Loved it!

It kept me wanting to read more, and not want to put it down for a minute. The love story between Laney and Jake is a really nice aspect. But I truly love the history and the mystery of it.
Shannon Kesler
Feb 26, 2015 Shannon Kesler rated it it was amazing
Mom in Alabama

This book series is wonderful! I really enjoyed this one and the first book as well. The characters stay with you, and I had a hard time putting it down. You are drawn in from page one and the action never stops. I can't wait to start book three!
priscilla ridgell
Sep 10, 2015 priscilla ridgell rated it really liked it
Even more fun

I enjoyed the second book in this series even more than the first. I appreciate that the author leaves a good conclusion, but let's you know there is more to come. I really enjoy the imaginative plotting.
Mark Trujillo
Nov 14, 2015 Mark Trujillo rated it it was amazing
I didn't think the sequel would be as good as the first book but I was wrong. It is better. I can't wait to read the 3rd book in the series after the ending of "The Belial Library" leaves so many questions and anticipation for more action packed, supernatural fun.
Robert O Neuwirth
Jul 17, 2014 Robert O Neuwirth rated it it was amazing
Great series

I enjoyed the first book very much and this one was even better. Can't wait to read #3 The Belial Ring. There is plenty of action and I enjoyed learning more about who the characters really are.
  • Omega (Chess Team Adventure, #5)
  • Blood Vengeance (Matt Drake, #7)
  • The Pharos Objective (Morpheus Initiative, #1)
  • The Sixth Key (Rosicrucian Quartet, #3)
  • The Forgotten Holocaust (Ben Hope, #10)
  • Immortal Plague (The Judas Chronicles #1)
  • Blood Brothers (The Order of the Sanguines, #1.5)
  • The Loch Ness Legacy (Tyler Locke, #4)
  • Black Mountain (Alex Hunter, #4)
  • Echo of the Reich (Chris Bronson, #5)
  • Witch at Heart (Jinx Hamilton Mystery #1)
  • Havoc (Betrayed, #2)
  • The Seventh Stone
  • Grave Concerns (A Maddie Graves Mystery #5)
  • Kingdom of Darkness (Nina Wilde & Eddie Chase, #10)
  • The Resurrection Maker
  • Salvation Row (John Milton #6)
  • Ark of Blood (Arkane #3)
Hi there. My name is R.D. Brady and I am a reader. And by reader, I mean I may have a problem. I am not content unless I have a book sitting by my bedside. And when I find a really good book, I have been known to pretty much disappear into it. The world could implode and until I’ve reached that last page, I won’t notice.

Of course, that’s not my day job. I looked. There were very few jobs that woul
More about R.D. Brady...

Belial (9 books)
  • The Belial Stone (Belial #1)
  • The Belial Ring (Belial #3)
  • Recruit (Belial #4)
  • The Belial Children (Belial #5)
  • The Belial Origins (Belial #6)
  • The Belial Search (Belial #7)
  • The Belial Guard (Belial #8)
  • The Belial Warrior (Belial #9)

“Danny put his tablet down on the table.  “No.  It’s bad.  I, um, I hacked into a satellite to get some pictures.” “You re-routed a satellite?” Danny gave him a surprised look.  “Didn't have to.  It was already passing over.” Right, because re-routing would have been crazy.  Thank God he's on our side.” 0 likes
“In 1953, Charles Hapgood had developed his theory of crustal displacement.  He argued that the Earth had undergone multiple displacements of land as a result of the movement of a liquid core one hundred miles underneath the surface.  Rather than the slow process of continental drift, which split lands apart, crustal displacement could move large bodies of land together and quickly.  In line with his theory, he argued that Atlantis had never truly disappeared but just moved south, where it was renamed Antarctica.  Hapgood’s theory would explain one extraordinary fact about the continent of Antarctica: evidence indicated that at one point in its history, it had a much warmer climate, free from ice.  Hapgood’s theory was scorned by a number of prominent scientists, but Dr. Hapgood had garnered at least one well-known supporter: Albert Einstein.” 0 likes