Start by marking “Two eggs, please.” as Want to Read:
Two eggs, please.

Two eggs, please.

3.66 of 5 stars 3.66  ·  rating details  ·  87 ratings  ·  27 reviews
Eggs, eggs, eggs -- everyone wants eggs! But do they want the same kinds of eggs? NO! Some prefer scrambled, some like fried, and some even want them raw. The only thing the hungry customers at this bustling diner seem to have in common is a desire for "TWO EGGS, PLEASE!"

At the heart of this clever new look at similarities and differences by acclaimed author Sarah Weeks an
Published January 9th 2007 by Atheneum Books for Young Readers (first published September 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Two eggs, please., please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Two eggs, please.

David
Two eggs, please. by Sarah Weeks, illustrated by Betsy Lewin, depicts hungry customers who all want eggs, though each prepared a bit differently.

Lewin's colorful, humorous illustrations have a cartoon look that will appeal to children. The animal characters are varied and appealing, as is the diner setting. This takes the idea of a foxy waitress to a new level. My favorite images are waitress and cake, rat & diner, policemen order, ram and gator order, patron shot, eggs coming up, and final
Guen
In this story, people are compared to eggs. Like eggs, which can be prepared in many different ways, people come with many different traits and personalities. However, before eggs are cooked, they start out very much alike. They may be different colors or sizes on the outside but when you crack them open, they are all alike on the inside.

The story takes place in a diner where many very different diners (in this story they are actually depicted as animals to highlight their differences) come in
Edward Creter
Animal friends find out how good it is to sit together and eat eggs for breakfast, even if everyone eats eggs differently. This book reminds us that we're all at God's Table, and everyone's invited to eat.
June
Dec 09, 2014 June rated it 4 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Food and differences and similarities requests
Read this to the PreK 4s for their restaurant theme at TEC. They requested it. I enjoy the different, but the same theme.
Laurie
Beautiful book read to our grandsons. Looks at differences and similarities when in truth, we are the same on the inside.
Arsenio Richardson
I really like this book because it is one those classic children’s book. It has lots of great colors, animals being depicted as people and easy literature. There was not much literature in this book but when it was there you could tell exactly what was going on. When it came to the art I like how the book seemed like a cartoon. Children normally enjoyed cartoons so they would have an easy time following the book it also had different animals in the book and I think that is important because chil ...more
Ruhama
A late night diner gets a lot of traffic in the wee hours of the morning. Everyone that enters orders two eggs, but how they want their eggs prepared is different. The fox waitress serves a rhino two sunny-side up eggs (and coffee—I noticed everyone gets coffee), a stork two scrambled eggs and a python two raw eggs, plus many of the other varieties of prepared eggs. The illustrations are fun and colorful, the text is easy to read and simple, and the story itself is a good springboard for discuss ...more
Kris
I like the simplicity of this book. Animals sit at a counter at the diner and order two eggs, please. One wants them sunny-side up, one hard-boiled, one poached. Hmmm, different, they all think. Not bad, or ew, or weird, or wrong. Just different, but the same, too. Love when authors and illustrators don't use sledgehammers to get a message across - and any book with layer cakes under glass covers and spinny stools at a diner counter is going to feel welcoming to me. Try this with early elementar ...more
Miss Pippi the Librarian
Two Eggs, Please features a wide audience of critters who visit a diner and order eggs. Each egg order is different, but the eggs themselves are the same. Different and same are highlighted in this brief story. It's fun and bright and offers the reader an opportunity to play with a wide range of voices for each character and their order.

Theme: Bacon & Eggs
Additional themes: food, restaurants, the number two, same/different

Reviewed from a library copy.
Marilyn
This book comes from one teacher's idea--pass around a brown and white egg, have class discuss what they see. Then she cracked the eggs--the idea being looks different (and similar) on the outside, very much the same on the inside. Great lesson here. I love the teacher's idea, and I liked the book.
Victoria Dimmitt
This book is a quick read, and would be used in first or second grade classrooms. This book has all kinds of different characters who come together in a diner to order eggs. The concept of this book is that everyone likes their eggs different, but no matter how you cook them an egg is an egg.
Shaley Dunn
This book was very short. It was all in dialouge. It was showing how you can have eggs in so many different ways. Showing that even people who live in the same place they can always want something a different way. It would be for the younger grades in school.
Kirstin Kemppainen
Everyone in the restaurant ordered eggs, but everyone ordered it in different ways! People were compared to eggs in this book. They're all eggs and animals but they may look different on the outside. Very delightful illustrations, with a great message.
Shelby Sebastian
Great lesson in this book....you can be the same and be different! Everyone ordered eggs, but everyone ordered them different. Great illustrations to catch the readers attention and very cute message.
Nerissa Lindauer
This book is a well illustrated way to teach children how things can be the same yet different. The book contains very few words, most of them simple, and would be ideal for beginning readers
Anna
This is great. Such a short, simple book but it has a strong message of tolerance and acceptance. I'm going to use this to launch my "tolerance" theme with 8th graders this year.
Lisa Shaughnessy
I love this book, I think it is adorable. It lives in my collection of children's books that I feel are important to read to kids.
Shala Howell
Book has a good life lesson in it, but B didn't care for the pictures very much, and let's face it, that's where she's at right now.
Quinn
[from Quinn] So many different ways to eat eggs! Too bad, I don't like any of them!! (Although, I am a fan of cracking eggs.
Kayce
Very simple book, would be an easy read aloud. Good repetition for students who are developing their reading skills.
Candice Call
Helps illustarte that although we are all "different" we do have similarities. Could be used to help with bullying.
Joanna
My 3 year old loves this book. We have checked it out from the library twice and will probably buy it.
Trisan
Eggs and all the different ways they are prepared. Great for explaining.
Inspired Kathy
Great lesson that is it ok to be different but it didn't hold my kids interest.
Rachel
Fun story, pictures complement it. Good story about same and different
Dolly
Sep 27, 2008 Dolly rated it 3 of 5 stars  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading to their children
Interesting story about eggs - so many ways to cook them!
Thia
same and differences
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Sarah Weeks has been writing children’s books and songs for the past twenty years. She is a graduate of Hampshire College and NYU and recently became an adjunct faculty member in the prestigious Writing Program at the New School University, in New York City.

Her first YA novel, So B. It, which appeared on the LA Times bestseller list was chosen as an ALA Best Book for Young Adults and received the
More about Sarah Weeks...
So B. It Pie As Simple as It Seems Oggie Cooder Jumping the Scratch