Start by marking “Two eggs, please.” as Want to Read:
Two eggs, please.

Two eggs, please.

Eggs, eggs, eggs -- everyone wants eggs! But do they want the same kinds of eggs? NO! Some prefer scrambled, some like fried, and some even want them raw. The only thing the hungry customers at this bustling diner seem to have in common is a desire for "TWO EGGS, PLEASE!"

At the heart of this clever new look at similarities and differences by acclaimed author Sarah Weeks an
Published January 9th 2007 by Atheneum Books for Young Readers (first published September 1st 2003)

To ask other readers questions about Two eggs, please., please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Two eggs, please.

Mar 22, 2016 June rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Food and differences and similarities requests
Read this to the PreK 4s for their restaurant theme at TEC. They requested it. I enjoy the different, but the same theme. 12/9/14

Selected at PJ Story Time. Went over okay, but younger siblings were confused. (Plus book was falling apart.)
Feb 16, 2015 Morgan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I did not enjoy this wordless book for more than half of it, but as I got closer to the end I began to see what the author was doing. This would be a great book for preschoolers to third grade. This book allows you to relate eggs to people. It does so by having different animals all order eggs, but in different ways. This relates to people because we are all made with the same organs(besides the differences between boys and girls), but each person has a different look, and personality. We're all ...more
May 17, 2012 David rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Two eggs, please. by Sarah Weeks, illustrated by Betsy Lewin, depicts hungry customers who all want eggs, though each prepared a bit differently.

Lewin's colorful, humorous illustrations have a cartoon look that will appeal to children. The animal characters are varied and appealing, as is the diner setting. This takes the idea of a foxy waitress to a new level. My favorite images are waitress and cake, rat & diner, policemen order, ram and gator order, patron shot, eggs coming up, and final
Jun 15, 2012 Guen rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: social-values
In this story, people are compared to eggs. Like eggs, which can be prepared in many different ways, people come with many different traits and personalities. However, before eggs are cooked, they start out very much alike. They may be different colors or sizes on the outside but when you crack them open, they are all alike on the inside.

The story takes place in a diner where many very different diners (in this story they are actually depicted as animals to highlight their differences) come in
May 14, 2015 Elizabeth rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This entertaining picture book is about how things can be the same but also be different. The setting is a late night diner where all the animals are getting together to order two eggs each. But the style of eggs that each animal orders is different. (Snake ordering two eggs "raw" is a surprise!) Sarah's use of words is imaginative and humorous. She also gets her point across. When Fox (the waitress) is yelling all the orders to Bear (the chef) it is like an energetic poem! Great tale!
A very simple picture book that provides a visual on how some things may seem very different on the outside, but on the inside it is really the same. Each customer that comes into this diner, is looking to place an order for two eggs. Some want it scrambled, others raw, hard boiled, soft boiled, etc. Great way to start a conversation with young kids about how some things can be very different, yet the same at the same time.
Edward Creter
Jul 12, 2014 Edward Creter rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s-lit, food
Animal friends find out how good it is to sit together and eat eggs for breakfast, even if everyone eats eggs differently. This book reminds us that we're all at God's Table, and everyone's invited to eat.
Jan 09, 2015 Alice rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 3-75-stars
3.75 stars Who would have thought that one egg, could be prepared so many ways...different, the same!

Interesting books...makes me wants dinner!
Tim Vandenberg
Cute story about accepting differences. Great art from the illustrator of Click, Clack, Moo.

Recommended for younger & beginning readers.
Jul 07, 2014 Laurie rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful book read to our grandsons. Looks at differences and similarities when in truth, we are the same on the inside.
Elizabeth Borgen
She wouldn't put the book down to check out at the library. They had to hold her place in the book while scanning it.
Arsenio Richardson
I really like this book because it is one those classic children’s book. It has lots of great colors, animals being depicted as people and easy literature. There was not much literature in this book but when it was there you could tell exactly what was going on. When it came to the art I like how the book seemed like a cartoon. Children normally enjoyed cartoons so they would have an easy time following the book it also had different animals in the book and I think that is important because chil ...more
How many ways can you enjoy eggs? As many people there are! A clever story by two awesome authors.
Jan 21, 2009 Ruhama rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A late night diner gets a lot of traffic in the wee hours of the morning. Everyone that enters orders two eggs, but how they want their eggs prepared is different. The fox waitress serves a rhino two sunny-side up eggs (and coffee—I noticed everyone gets coffee), a stork two scrambled eggs and a python two raw eggs, plus many of the other varieties of prepared eggs. The illustrations are fun and colorful, the text is easy to read and simple, and the story itself is a good springboard for discuss ...more
Feb 10, 2016 Darla rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Good for early beginning reading.
I like the simplicity of this book. Animals sit at a counter at the diner and order two eggs, please. One wants them sunny-side up, one hard-boiled, one poached. Hmmm, different, they all think. Not bad, or ew, or weird, or wrong. Just different, but the same, too. Love when authors and illustrators don't use sledgehammers to get a message across - and any book with layer cakes under glass covers and spinny stools at a diner counter is going to feel welcoming to me. Try this with early elementar ...more
Miss Pippi the Librarian
Two Eggs, Please features a wide audience of critters who visit a diner and order eggs. Each egg order is different, but the eggs themselves are the same. Different and same are highlighted in this brief story. It's fun and bright and offers the reader an opportunity to play with a wide range of voices for each character and their order.

Theme: Bacon & Eggs
Additional themes: food, restaurants, the number two, same/different

Reviewed from a library copy.
Sep 02, 2010 Marilyn rated it liked it
Shelves: picture-books
This book comes from one teacher's idea--pass around a brown and white egg, have class discuss what they see. Then she cracked the eggs--the idea being looks different (and similar) on the outside, very much the same on the inside. Great lesson here. I love the teacher's idea, and I liked the book.
Victoria Dimmitt
This book is a quick read, and would be used in first or second grade classrooms. This book has all kinds of different characters who come together in a diner to order eggs. The concept of this book is that everyone likes their eggs different, but no matter how you cook them an egg is an egg.
Shaley Dunn
This book was very short. It was all in dialouge. It was showing how you can have eggs in so many different ways. Showing that even people who live in the same place they can always want something a different way. It would be for the younger grades in school.
Kirstin Kemppainen
Everyone in the restaurant ordered eggs, but everyone ordered it in different ways! People were compared to eggs in this book. They're all eggs and animals but they may look different on the outside. Very delightful illustrations, with a great message.
Shelby Sebastian
Great lesson in this can be the same and be different! Everyone ordered eggs, but everyone ordered them different. Great illustrations to catch the readers attention and very cute message.
Nerissa Lindauer
This book is a well illustrated way to teach children how things can be the same yet different. The book contains very few words, most of them simple, and would be ideal for beginning readers
This is great. Such a short, simple book but it has a strong message of tolerance and acceptance. I'm going to use this to launch my "tolerance" theme with 8th graders this year.
Lisa Shaughnessy
Mar 13, 2013 Lisa Shaughnessy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love this book, I think it is adorable. It lives in my collection of children's books that I feel are important to read to kids.
Shala Howell
Book has a good life lesson in it, but B didn't care for the pictures very much, and let's face it, that's where she's at right now.
Apr 15, 2011 Quinn rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picky-eater
[from Quinn] So many different ways to eat eggs! Too bad, I don't like any of them!! (Although, I am a fan of cracking eggs.
Jan 12, 2012 Kayce rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very simple book, would be an easy read aloud. Good repetition for students who are developing their reading skills.
Candice Call
Helps illustarte that although we are all "different" we do have similarities. Could be used to help with bullying.
Jan 25, 2011 Joanna rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-with-salo
My 3 year old loves this book. We have checked it out from the library twice and will probably buy it.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Sarah Weeks has been writing children’s books and songs for the past twenty years. She is a graduate of Hampshire College and NYU and recently became an adjunct faculty member in the prestigious Writing Program at the New School University, in New York City.

Her first YA novel, So B. It, which appeared on the LA Times bestseller list was chosen as an ALA Best Book for Young Adults and received the
More about Sarah Weeks...