Start by marking “You Know You Love Me (Gossip Girl, #2)” as Want to Read:
You Know You Love Me (Gossip Girl, #2)

You Know You Love Me (Gossip Girl #2)

3.53  ·  Rating Details ·  18,352 Ratings  ·  632 Reviews
In You Know You Love Me, the sequel to Gossip Girl, it's brunette vixen Blair Waldorf's seventeenth birthday, and she knows exactly what she wants—Nate, her studly troubled boyfriend of three years. But Blair's been too busy filling out Ivy League college applications to notice that Nate has found himself another playmate.
Published February 1st 2008 by Poppy Books (first published September 1st 2002)

To ask other readers questions about You Know You Love Me, please sign up.

UpWithKate * I've only seen the first season.
It's a guilty pleasure for one reason or so:
Peeking into a lifestyle that might be out of your league -shrug-
I've only seen the first season.
It's a guilty pleasure for one reason or so:
Peeking into a lifestyle that might be out of your league -shrug-
Passionate kissing
TV cast + kristen bell voiceover
considerably better dialogue
2000s TV quality (but I think some watching platforms modified it all to HD quality, idk)
Keeping tabs on all sorts of folks
The wardrobe
Flip/sliding phones

I'd say there are some elements from the books in the TV series and I saythat either you gobble up the show or lazily turn the page until AT LAST, a gossip girl post .

The Fault in Our Stars by John GreenDivergent by Veronica RothIf I Stay by Gayle FormanLooking for Alaska by John GreenThe Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
Fave books
50th out of 218 books — 55 voters
When You Were Mine by Rebecca SerleForget You by Jennifer EcholsGossip Girl by Cecily von ZiegesarSuch a Rush by Jennifer EcholsShatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
cheesy or dumb covers
6th out of 123 books — 6 voters

More lists with this book...

Aug 04, 2008 Sarah rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
poor blair waldorf! this book is so tragic and alternately should be titled, 'revenge on blair waldorf for being brunette, short, academic, and not really a scheming bitch at all.'

in a mere 200 pages or so, here is what happens to poor, unfortunate blair: (1) her unfeeling, oblivious mother announces she is getting married to a cheesy perv she's known for 3 months, (2) said wedding is to take place on blair's 17th birthday, (3) oblivious mother asks blair's arch-nemesis serena van der woodsen t
I liked this one slightly more than book 1, although Blair would really be better off without Nate (view spoiler) And I don't know what is going on with Dan and Serena, but she doesn't seem all that interested in him either. Hopefully Blair and Serena can be friends again though!

7 out of 10
Maddie (Heart Full Of Books)
What am I doing with my life? Why am I reading these? But more importantly, why do I want to read more?
Scandalous, over dramatic and exactly what I needed. These books are addicting. The characters are filthy rich and have awful attitudes and make stupid decisions and I am eating this shit up.

There isn't much to these books so writing a review is difficult but I'm all about it. So I guess I'll try.

The characters are all snobby and bratty, they are awful to each other (and honestly to themselves). But I think that is why I love them, they are viewed by everyone as perfect, but the way that they v
Sep 30, 2015 Rossy rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya
The end felt too rushed!
Mayari Mendoza mendez
This book not is the best but is entertaining :)
Nikki (Wicked Awesome Books)
Lifestyles of the rich and shameless should be full of partying and good times, but Serena, Blair, Nate, and the not so rich Dan, Jenny, and Vanessa are anything but. Sure, good times are had, but drama is the main course on the menu. Dan is stalkerishly in love with Serena, while she’s just looking for some friends. Nate and Blair are growing further apart with every passing minute as Nate’s eye begins to wander to…Jenny? And Vanessa is still hopelessly in love with the ever unaware Dan. Someon ...more
Melyssa Dawn Michaels
This series is definitely a guilty pleasure of mine. Who can resist the lives of Manhattan's Elite? In all seriousness, for the age demographic that this is written for, and the information placed throughout the novel, its definitely a hit.
Much like I was when I read the first one again after years passing since my first experience with it, I was taken up with the lives of the main characters and instantly drawn in. Also being a fan of the show and certain couples, going back and seeing them pla
Mar 24, 2010 Alexa rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I read this so I could continue to badmouth these books knowing what exactly the problems with them are. You know, with the amount of (cigarette) smoking in these books, especially indoors, these books could not take place now. But then there's Gossip Girl on the internet, but not all the characters appear to have or properly use their cell phones. The time period is a bit bizarre. And the characters are insane. Everyone sort of has the same collection of problems. I don't recommend these books ...more
Natalie Monroe
There's so much name-dropping in these books...
May 31, 2016 shamena rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
this book was a car crash from start to finish. all the characters I'd grown to absolutely adore in the tv show were frustrating me to no end.
*Serena is walking perfection who can do no wrong
*Blair is an uptight bitch who can do no right
*Nate is a fucking arsehole who is stoned 99% of the time
*Dan is creepy as fuck
*Jenny is a royal bitch in the making
*Vanessa is pretty cool but her obsession with Dan made me dislike her
the only positive characters were Aaron and Erik who were reaallyy cool and I
Mar 03, 2016 Abbie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The characters in this were the same as the last one. I didn't love them, and there were quite a few times where they annoyed me.

This wasn't a brilliant read, but it was better than the first one.
I honestly don't know what I'm doing anymore. Like, these books aren't good (nor remotely close to that), and still I sort of need to keep reading. What for? I don't know either. Its shallow, selfish, vapid characters hold little interest for me. And the narrative style isn't any better, truth be told. As I said in my not-really-a-review of the previous book, this is just a trashy read. Nothing more.
Nov 25, 2008 Trish rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Anyone interested in High School lives of rich kids in New york
I really didn't like much of this book. From the swearing to the sex, the life these kids led seemed so stupid and useless, just another bunch of dumb superficial teens and their high school lives.
Mar 03, 2015 Esmee rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
Heerlijk om dit boek 's avonds te luisteren. Soms schrik ik van de woorden die gebruikt worden, aangezien ik nog maar 14 was toen ik het eerste deel las.
Brooke ♥booklife4life♥
At A Glance

Young Adult; Chick Lit
Love Triangle/Insta Love?: Triangle.
Cliff Hanger: nope.

Ending: 8

Total: 8

In Dept

Best Part:
Gossip Girl world is so good!
Worst Part: Jenny is so desperate.
Thoughts Had: Nate, keep it in your pants; Jenny chillax!

Continuing the Series:
Recommending: yes

Short Review: Nate needs to learn to keep it in his pants! Jenny is fre
The Gossip Girl books are a perfect escape from reality. When you read them, you leave your world And you sneak in in theirs.

Before I started reading This serie, I had wachted the serie on television. The books are different , in a lot of ways , but That doesn't make them bad. They are Totally insane!

The world of our most loved , rich friends is One big drama. There is always something (most of the time more than just something) That Goes wrong. In This book, Blair is getting a hard time. Her
Bailey Nash

Bailey Nash

Gossip Girl
Gossip Girl is an extrodinary novel about an annomynous person who knows everything about exclusive people in Manhattan. My favorite character would have to be Chuck Bass. Even though sometimes he can be a sneaky man whore,he has this sweet,mysterious,sexy side to him. My least favorite character is Vanessa Abrahms. Because at first she comes off as this nice,innocent person but underneath she is a horrible coniving skank. The part of the book that grabbed my attentio
Nepeta Leijon

You Know You Love Me is perhaps the biggest piece of garbage that I have ever read. It is not funny, it is disgusting, the characters are one dimensional. Shall I go on? Serena is a bitch. Yes, a big one. And yet, Cecily von Ziegesar is favoring her over Blair.

And why in the world is Blair born in November? You know, why is almost every main character in some books born in late November? I don't appreciate that. I was born in late November, too! OMG!!!

Seriously, this book is garbage.

"We all come from the sorts of families and go to the sorts of schools where not applying to the Ivy Leagues is not an option, and not getting into them would be a total embarassment."

College interviews, romantic troubles and a fancy wedding photographed for Vogue dominate this second installment of von Ziegesar's frothy but fun series about rich Manhattan prep school kids and the gossip web site tracking their lives.

Blair's mother is marrying her seriously tacky boyfriend on Blair's birthday a
Kenya Liggons
Sep 16, 2012 Kenya Liggons rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When I picked up this book for the first time, I was examining the tittle. I was trying to make an inference on what this book was about. What I thought was completely different from what the actual book is about. I didn't want to put the book down after the first page. After reading the first sentence in the book I already had a visual image in my mind to what was going on.This book was magnificent and incredible! I liked how the author; Cecily von Ziegesar portrayed the characters. This book i ...more
Feb 04, 2008 Caitie rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: fans of the Gossip Girl television show (but only the really big fans)
Recommended to Caitie by: Reena
Shelves: young-adult
Still reading the Gossip Girl series because of my GREAT LOVE for the show.

This is the book that introduces us to Aaron, Blair's laid-back step-brother. I totally and completely adore him, and I really hope that Josh Swartz & Co. add him to the show sometime in the future.

This was totally one of the more amusing installments in the series, though. Nate's weed-addled love for Jenny is hilarious, and Blair's meltdown after her mother announces her engagement to Cyrus Rose is even funnier. I
Samantha González
Varia entre 2 y 3 estrellas.
Ay, ay, ay el amor que le tengo a la serie hace que siga leyendo los libros pero son dos historias distintas y en parte es genial ya que vendría a ser como una historia nueva.
Como fan number one de Blair lo que sufrí con todo lo malo que le pasa me daban ganas de abrazarla y decirle aguanta que ya viene Chuck y vas a sufrir más jaja.
Jenny me parece demasiado infantil creo que leí 10 veces la frase "Nate no es como Chuck, quien nisiquiera me preguntó mi nombre" me abur
Jaelyn Justice
This book was about gossip girl who was having her 17 birthday, and all she wanted for her birthday was her boyfriend nate, but at the time gossip girl was filling our applications and dint know Nate was cheating on her
May 17, 2016 Colleen rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
WHY AM I ADDICTED TO THESE BOOKS? I totally enjoyed this one as a guilty pleasure. No lies. It's like watching from the outside at a bitchy high school (which is exactly where I went!)
Dec 22, 2015 Neri. rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
2.5. It was very predictable and boring in some parts. The whole story was fine, but the execution of it kinda sucked, I'm not gonna lie...
Katie Devorah
I love all books, trash and treasure! In this case...trash, but who doesn't enjoy a guilty pleasure every now and again?
Beth (Ducky)
Pre reading:
Unfortunately I picked up this one before the first one, but I've seen the show so I won't be too confused

Post reading:
It was so bad! By about 70 pages in, I decided I was going to hate every single second of it, so I live blogged my hate reading and deciding I'm going to read the whole series and live blog it. I just can't take it seriously, but at least I got to laugh at how much I hated it and complain about it on Tumblr?

On the plus side, it only took me one day to read so it's n
Ian Wood
Aug 06, 2015 Ian Wood rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition

YA lovers <3: You Know You Love Me 1 5 Jul 10, 2014 11:21PM
SPSV Mrs. Rodgers...: Sonia Mehmi 1 6 Oct 10, 2013 12:14PM
  • Back in Black (A-List, #5)
  • Last Christmas (Private, #0.6)
  • The Pretty Committee Strikes Back (The Clique, #5)
Cecily grew up in Manhattan and went to an all-girl's school on the Upper East Side.
She resides in Brooklyn with her husband Richard, the Deputy Director of the Public Art Fund, their children, Agnes and Oscar, and their two Cornish Rex cats. Von Ziegesar also owns an Appaloosa horse, Golden Rain. She is dreams of having a 'ranch full of cattle' when retired.

More about Cecily von Ziegesar...

Gossip Girl (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Gossip Girl (Gossip Girl, #1)
  • All I Want is Everything (Gossip Girl, #3)
  • Because I'm Worth It (Gossip Girl, #4)
  • I Like It Like That (Gossip Girl, #5)
  • You're the One That I Want (Gossip Girl, #6)
  • Nobody Does it Better (Gossip Girl, #7)
  • Nothing Can Keep Us Together (Gossip Girl, #8)
  • Only in Your Dreams (Gossip Girl, #9)
  • Would I Lie to You (Gossip Girl, #10)
  • Don't You Forget About Me (Gossip Girl, #11)

“I know hate is a strong word and everything, but its okay: we're teenagers.” 270 likes
“Give a girl a boyfriend and she becomes a total expert on relationships” 84 likes