Start by marking “Fairies, Trolls, & Goblins Galore: Poems about Fantastic Creatures” as Want to Read:
Fairies, Trolls, & Goblins Galore: Poems about Fantastic Creatures

Fairies, Trolls, & Goblins Galore: Poems about Fantastic Creatures

3.12 of 5 stars 3.12  ·  rating details  ·  8 ratings  ·  2 reviews
A girl searches for -- and sometimes finds -- evidence of the magical beings who live all around us. Meanwhile, beloved poets Rachel Field, Monica Shannon, and Lee Bennett Hopkins combine with new voices to explore everything from fairies, elves, and gnomes to the more obscure leshy, spriggan, and pointed people. Intriguing definitions for each creature are also included, ...more
Published February 1st 2000 by Simon & Schuster

To ask other readers questions about Fairies, Trolls, & Goblins Galore, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fairies, Trolls, & Goblins Galore

Jaden Strobel
This book would be work very well to get kids to use their imagination. This would just be a fun book to read to kids as a time killer for when I do a lesson a little quicker than I expected. It's a poem book so it rhymes and is a fun book to listen to. I think that the kids in my classroom would really enjoy it.
Jill
Great book for reading aloud to young kids. Fun illustrations!

I want to read this one when doing fairy houses at school or in a library setting. Adding trolls, goblins, and the like into the picture makes the activity appeal more to boys.
Sara
Sara marked it as to-read
Nov 20, 2013
Mirien D. kurai tenshi
Mirien D. kurai tenshi marked it as to-read
Oct 10, 2013
Nahkya
Nahkya marked it as to-read
Sep 30, 2013
Jozefa
Jozefa added it
Jul 29, 2013
lee
lee added it
Jul 16, 2013
Wayong
Wayong marked it as to-read
Mar 29, 2013
Angie
Angie added it
May 03, 2012
Shawna
Shawna marked it as to-read
Nov 30, 2010
Laurel
Laurel added it
Dec 18, 2008
Lisa
Lisa marked it as to-read
Oct 12, 2008
Dilys Evans is agent and president of Dilys Evans Fine Illustration LLC. She is an accomplished author, curator, and speaker who has advised Caldecott committees and has worked with many acclaimed illustrators in the children's book business. She lives in Santa Fe, New Mexico.
More about Dilys Evans...
Show and Tell: Exploring the Fine Art of Children's Book Illustration Monster Soup and Other Spooky Poems Weird Pet Poems Looking for Merlyn