Start by marking “Vegetable Gardening: From Planting to Picking - The Complete Guide to Creating aBountiful Garden” as Want to Read:

Featuring hundreds of spectacular color photos, step-by-step instructions, expert tips and advice--this practical guide will help you create the perfect home garden. Gain valuable insight on raising over 80 varieties of vegetables. Plus, this book is written with two points of view--organic or occasional use of chemical fertilizer and pesticides.
Published February 16th 2006 by Readers Digest

To ask other readers questions about Vegetable Gardening, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Vegetable Gardening

Andrea
Mar 12, 2016 Andrea rated it it was amazing
Shelves: nonfiction
Fantastic reference work. I got it from the library, but I'm seriously thinking about buying a copy to keep on hand. I skimmed or skipped some of the sections that didn't apply to me (container gardening, descriptions for specific vegetables I don't like, etc.) but the sections I did read are full of excellent information on starting and maintaining a garden, and there is even some basic information about preserving what you've grown - that's really a subject deserving of its own complete book, ...more
Sharon
Sep 07, 2016 Sharon rated it it was amazing
Shelves: homesteading
I am putting in a garden for the first time this year and this book was extremely helpful. It explains gardening briefly but in enough detail to get you started. Then you learn if you want to know more about a certain aspect (like growing from seeds indoors, building raised beds, using pesticides, etc) so you can do more research. Everything is explained in very easy to understand terminology with helpful pictures and diagrams. Both sides of the organic/pesticide debate are presented without bei ...more
Inder
Jun 01, 2008 Inder rated it it was amazing
Shelves: farm, domesticarts, garden
This is a very handy book, and I've now checked it out from the library on two different occasions. A good balance of colorful pictures and sound advice, this book has been more helpful to me than any other this year, as I'm learning to grow some vegetables that I have never tried in the past (potatoes, cucumbers). I may have to shell out the money for my own copy.

Note: This book is aimed at the entire United States (especially the Northeast and Midwest, which seems to be the focus of most veget
Kristah
Feb 18, 2014 Kristah rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This year will be my first garden! I found this book answered a lot of basic questions I had and has a lot of good information on specific vegetables. A good read for new to gardening.
Mary
Jan 16, 2010 Mary rated it really liked it
Really good overview for beginners as well as in-depth information on specific plants. Will probably check out again when I'm ready to get going!
Beth
Sep 11, 2011 Beth rated it really liked it
Great resource! Learned something new about why my weeds keep coming back. Going to try some tricks now to help me for next season.
Courtney
Jul 23, 2015 Courtney rated it it was amazing
great book for beginners
BookDB
BookDB marked it as to-read
Sep 17, 2016
Sharlette Kneer
Sharlette Kneer marked it as to-read
May 16, 2016
Cindy
Cindy marked it as to-read
May 08, 2016
Julie
Julie marked it as to-read
May 08, 2016
Sarah added it
Mar 29, 2016
ramya
ramya marked it as to-read
Mar 22, 2016
Allison
Allison rated it really liked it
Mar 06, 2016
Karla Bledsoe
Karla Bledsoe marked it as to-read
Mar 06, 2016
Sainabou
Sainabou marked it as to-read
Sep 26, 2015
Cathy
Cathy marked it as to-read
Aug 18, 2015
Misty Rosson
Misty Rosson marked it as to-read
Jul 23, 2015
Michelle
Michelle rated it it was amazing
Jan 16, 2016
Julaine
Julaine rated it liked it
Jun 08, 2015
Jennifer Goins
Jennifer Goins marked it as to-read
May 09, 2015
David McNally
David McNally rated it it was amazing
Feb 12, 2015
Kelly Bagby
Kelly Bagby rated it it was ok
Dec 25, 2014
Aimee
Aimee rated it really liked it
Nov 26, 2014
Jill Baimel
Jill Baimel rated it it was amazing
Nov 15, 2014
Thoreau Bartmann
Thoreau Bartmann rated it really liked it
Aug 28, 2014