Start by marking “Killer's Draw: The Circuit Rider (A Kindle Serial)” as Want to Read:
Killer's Draw: The Circuit Rider (A Kindle Serial)

Killer's Draw: The Circuit Rider (The Circuit Rider #2)

In the follow-up to The Circuit Rider, award-winning writer Dani Amore brings us back into the dusty, dangerous world of enigmatic itinerant preacher Mike Tower and his trusty right-hand woman, the hard-drinking, gun-slinging Bird Hitchcock.

Tower is sent to the Wyoming boomtown of Big River, where a young preacher has been viciously murdered, his crucified body left in a s
Published December 3rd 2013 by Thomas & Mercer (first published July 30th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Killer's Draw, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Killer's Draw

khadija Rose
Oct 04, 2016 khadija Rose rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Last sentence surprised me

The book being a sequel to "The Circuit Rider" continues with it twists and turns. Not as good in my opinion but still ok. Disappointed I paid $3.99 for it but..... The shock was the last sentence in the book which totally caught me off guard. The is no other book to elaborate Bird's sisters remark. Disappointed.
Jody
Jan 29, 2014 Jody rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this book for free in exchange for an honest review.

I like westerns...always have...always will. One thing that has always drawn me to the western is the strong male lead. He has good work ethics, he knows how to treat people, he is fair, he is tough and he can shoot fast and straight. I've never read one where a woman fills that role and if you would have told me that it could have been well written, I would have doubted. I doubt no more. Bird Hitchcock is awesome. Bird and Tower mak
David Ketelsen
I read this in one day so it's certainly easy to read and entertaining. The reason I didn't give it a higher rating is that it bothers me when a book falls short on details. Dani More frequently uses words wrong here and has historical inaccuracies. And the monumental coincidence that wraps up the book is just ridiculous. But that said, if you don't notice things like that---this is a fantastic book. If you do notice those sorts of details, then you might still enjoy the book, I did, but it ...more
Bcoghill Coghill
Louis Lamour was one of the first author where I read his entire cannon. He did keep writing books long after I stopped enjoying them.
There were other western writers I enjoyed such as Jonas Ward who may have written under other names and the greatest of them all, Elmore Leonard.
I don't consider McMurtry or Cormac to be western genre writers. They write novels that take place in a geographic place that is southwestern USA but the violate the genre in too many ways. (and they are great novelists.
Cheryl D
Feb 08, 2014 Cheryl D rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
* I received this book through the Goodreads Sweepstakes*

I am not a fan of Westerns. Why? I don't like violence and killing and don't particularly like to read about it either. That said, this was a good book with a fast pace that keep me turning the pages instead of putting the book down. Loved the heroes and the manner in which the author wrote about them made me want to get to know more about them (that oftentimes does NOT happen). Bird is an incredibly wonderful character who I wish the auth
Ronald Lackey
May 09, 2015 Ronald Lackey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love a good western themed story

Dan Ames' books never disappoint. They are fast paced, have some humor and seem plausible. The characters of Tower and Bird relationship is one of mutual respect, even though they are very different in personalities. This is a good old fashion murder mystery without unnecessary love scenes. The only disappointing thing about the story is the question of Bird's health. Maybe that will be addressed in the next circuit rider book. Will she quit drinking to save her o
Mike
Apr 03, 2014 Mike rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-read
An easy read. A high school student would enjoy this. I timed myself, the chapters fly by in less than 2 minutes each. It's a good story, but lacks depth, description and the development of subplots. A drunk woman sidekick to a preacher with a past investigate a murder of a old west preacher. Devious under world activities twist together to draw the reader to the mildly surprising end. It's on the opposite end of the western literary spectrum from Zane Grey who over-describes scenes. I got the ...more
Steve
Sep 06, 2013 Steve rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another in the continuing (hopefully) adventures of Bird Hitchcock and Mike Tower. This time investigating the death of a fellow preacher, they come up against hidden enemies and both face death in grisly fashion. Well written by Dani Amore. I recommend this book highly for both western fans and Dani Amore fans.
Deven Dougherty
May 27, 2014 Deven Dougherty rated it liked it
This was a good read. I wasn't expecting it to be enjoyable and thought the subject matter would be quite tame. Instead the story was powerful enough to make a clean kill. It's an easy book, even though I'm sure it's meant to be a sequel to a book that I haven't read. It makes you care about its characters.
Maya Oey
Oct 02, 2013 Maya Oey rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fast paced with plenty of characters that you have to carefully keep track off.
Getting worried for Bird's alcoholism that's beginning to show its negative effects.
Fairly happy ending, if you call a cliffhanger a happy one.
J. Michsel Pinson
Dec 23, 2014 J. Michsel Pinson rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Enjoyed reading

Started with the Circuit Rider and enjoyed. Continued with Killers Draw and the interesting characters. Easy but fun read. Will read Dan I Amore again.
Sandy Klocinski
Feb 12, 2014 Sandy Klocinski rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Takes me back to how primitive the Old West could be! Dani Amore is an outstanding author and I adore the twists and turns and the end. You get to know the characters well.
Marvin Suther
May 13, 2016 Marvin Suther rated it really liked it
This book was not what I expected. It was slow in places, even though I liked the story line. I will have to read another by the author before deciding whether or not to continue with the series.
Dorothy E Barton
Sep 30, 2015 Dorothy E Barton rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Quick action, twists, ....

Turns and excellent characterization. A good sequel for The Circuit Rider. If all of Dan Ames' books are this good, I'm a fan
David Pederson
David Pederson rated it really liked it
Jun 03, 2014
Jake
Jake rated it really liked it
Dec 04, 2015
Jay Peck
Jay Peck rated it liked it
Aug 10, 2015
bryan voorhies
bryan voorhies rated it it was amazing
May 13, 2014
marian thibodeau
marian thibodeau rated it it was amazing
Aug 06, 2015
Mark
Mark rated it liked it
Dec 03, 2013
alan justin
alan justin rated it really liked it
Jul 16, 2016
Aubrey
Aubrey rated it liked it
Apr 11, 2015
maxine
maxine rated it liked it
Jun 22, 2014
Suanne
Suanne rated it really liked it
Oct 08, 2013
William J Wells
William J Wells rated it really liked it
Nov 29, 2015
Dennis Hunt
Dennis Hunt rated it really liked it
Jan 16, 2016
Vanessa Avalos
Vanessa Avalos rated it it was amazing
Jun 13, 2014
Mike
Mike rated it really liked it
Mar 24, 2016
Pam
Pam rated it it was amazing
Dec 02, 2014
Jeff
Jeff rated it liked it
May 24, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • The Alligator Man
  • The Diabolist (Dominic Grey, #3)
  • John Ford: Poet In the Desert
  • Vigilante (Shane Scully, #11)
  • Hard Trail to Follow (Texas Rangers, #7)
  • Izzy and Poe
  • Trip in the Dark: It Began with the Kennedy Assassination
  • Internet Users Guide: Safe & Successful Surfing
  • Angel's Bidding: A Patricia Delaney Egumshoe Mystery
  • Who Is Davis Spanx?
  • Cash Cow Casa: 51 Ways to Make Your House Pay You
  • The War (Ultimate Power #2)
  • Nothing Else Matters (Sam Casey Mystery, #2)
  • We Pointed Them North: Recollections of a Cowpuncher
  • Lost City
  • The 28 Days Lighter Diet: Your Monthly Plan to Lose Weight, End PMS, and Achieve Physical and Emotional Wellness
  • Savior's Day
  • Lasso the Moon (Wild West, #1)

The Circuit Rider (2 books)
  • The Circuit Rider (A Kindle Serial)