Start by marking “Hawk O'Toole's Hostage” as Want to Read:
Hawk O'Toole's Hostage

Hawk O'Toole's Hostage

3.67 of 5 stars 3.67  ·  rating details  ·  2,036 ratings  ·  59 reviews
To Hawk O'Toole, she was a pawn in a desperate gamble to help his people. To Miranda Price, he was a stranger who'd done the unthinkable: kidnapped her and
her young son off a train full of sight-seeing vacationers. Now, held hostage on a distant reservation for reasons she cannot at first fathom, Miranda finds herself battling a captor who is by turns harsh and tender, mys
Published December 1st 1996 by Bantam (first published 1988)

To ask other readers questions about Hawk O'Toole's Hostage, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hawk O'Toole's Hostage

Mo
Good enough read. Tough, hero. Spunky, heroine. Cute kid.

"If you want to handle something hard and deadly, Mrs Price, I'll be glad to direct your hand to something just as steely and fully loaded as the pistol."

"What are you thinking about?"
"My life, my mother, my father, ... my grandfather. The Irishman who took an Indian girl for his wife and left me with those anglo eyes."

Beth F.
This book was awesome!

1 – Seriously, did you get a load of the title? Look at it again. Say it three times in a row. Out loud.

2 – This is a Native American-kidnaps-a-white-woman-romance. And it’s contemporary. Seriously?!?!? Seriously!!!!

The hero of the story, Hawk O’Toole, was a d-bag and the heroine, Miranda “Randy” Price, was generic and whiny. Except for that, I’d have been seriously tempted to give the book four stars for humor reasons alone. The main thing that saved the story from the un
Patsyann
The first time that I read it I had written a review indicating that it was about abuse of women. After, re reading it = I now believe that it is the perfect romance book!!
Alpha male who is arrogant, attractive, tall dark and sexy. Spunky heroine who stands up to him, isn’t afraid of him and is beautiful (blond)!!
I know now that they fell in love with each other the first time that they saw each other, they just needed to have some sex to find out that they really did fall in love. Sex=love
Carrie
Rain ~miss kinky knickers~
Ok, so I loved Honor Bound. This is just... plain stupid. It's wrong on so many levels. A second-hand try. Complete waste of effort. It feels like it was hastily started, and even more hastily finished.

The second star goes solely to Hawk's member. That says it all.
Primadonna
Ohkay so it's a classic and the guy tends to be pushy. And the whole Stockholm syndrome thing. I despise the male protagonist for being pushy and condescending. And I find it hard to sympathize with the female protagonist who lets the guy push her around.
figuranta❤️addicted❤️to❤️books❤️
4 Stars

In my opinion Sandra Brown it's in a class by her self and with each book she proves why she is so known and why she is one of the best. I loved Hawk O'Toole's Hostage and re read so many times and i just can't get enough.
Lucimar
A paixão inesperada entre uma refém e o seu sequestrador. Apesar do tema polêmico Sandra Brown conseguiu me prender nesta trama.
Uma mulher tem seu filho sequestrado e no desespero luta com todas suas forças para manter seu filho com ela, mas perde e é forçada a ir junto com um bando de descendentes índios para sua reserva. O chefe do bando descendente de indio com branco Hawk O'Toole deseja apenas que a mina do qual sua tribo depende seja reativada e por isso para chamar a atenção do governo nu
Pamela(AllHoney)
One of Sandra Brown's earlier books, originally published under the Loveswept romance line. Miranda Price and her son are kidnapped by a group led by Hawk O'Toole. Stockholm Syndrome? Maybe.

Anyway, it was fine for what it was. Hawk was a bit rougher than I'd prefer but this was written in the 80s and that's how the alpha men were normally written back in the day.
Let me start by saying that I love Sandra Brown's early works (as evidenced by the overabundance of her name on my read shelf). But I hated this book!! It was stupid, contrite, and ridiculous. Please don't be offended, Ms. Brown. I can't stand "Hot Ice" by Nora Roberts, either!
Shabby Girl ~ aka Lady Victoria
Meh read. One thing that will always stick with me with this book was the hero calling his heroine a slut and a whore numerous times ... and then she fell in love with him, what?!
Nichole
Loved this book...read it in one night!
Ava Swiniarski
Over the summer I had the privilege of reading a very captivating book, “Hawk O’Toole’s Hostage” by Sandra Brown. This fiction book was published by Bantam Loveswept in 1988. This book takes place around the 1980s. It is set in a desert in the Midwest of the United States. The main characters of this book are Miranda, Hawk, Scott, and Ernie. Miranda is the mother of seven year old, Scott, and they are taken hostage off of a tourist train by a band of six men on horseback. The leader, Hawk, takes ...more
Jeanne
Miranda Price and her son Scott are kidnapped off the train that was suppose to take them out west for a vacation. The kidnapper was Hawk O'Toole, Chief of an Indian tribe. The Indians had been swindled out of their silver mine and he was holding Scott and his mother as ransom for the government to give them back their mine. Things didn't quite go as planned. It was a quick little read.
Julie Barrett
Hawk O'Tooles Hostage by Sandra Brown
Book starts out with Scott being kidnapped and his mom Miranda won't let them take just the boy. The Indians hold them hostage because her ex husband had shut down the mine where the Indians work.
They travel and stay with other Indians along the way, rural, no phones and others she meet won't help her get away.
Love hearing of the locale of where they do live while negotiations are being worked on.
She fancies herself falling for Hawk and she knows she can't. O
Gramedia Pustaka Utama
Dalam bukunya beberapa kali Sandra Brown mengambil tokoh prianya berasal dari suku Indian. Seperti buku yang satu ini, sesuai dengan judulnya.

Miranda dan puteranya diculik oleh suku indian karena adanya konflik antara suku tersebut mengenai tanah mereka. Namun penyanderaan ini tidak seperti dugaan Miranda karena Hawk O'Toole,kepala suku yang menculiknya dan puteranya, ternyata tidak sejahat yang diduga oleh Miranda. Ia bahkan memperlakukan sanderanya dengan baik.

Lama kelamaan Miranda jatuh hati
Monica Deica metaxas
This book has a simple angst plot and a love hate kind of idea to it, classic kind of story but with a lesson learned in the end. Relaxing book for when you don't want to think too much of the plot.
Dawn
The character of Hawk was so unappealing---why is she so stupid to fall for him?
Sandra Smith
My lst Sandra Brown Book and then I was hooked!!!
Liz
Trying to read through all of Sandra Brown's books. . . have to suffer through her romances, too!
Bernie Maurer
What was the point of this book? Trash!
Applefruit
This was written in the '80s and it shows. The hero is unreasonably mean at times, the heroine is mostly TSTL (ex: she decides to enjoy the mountain scenery as much as possible during her kidnapping), and the plot is far-fetched to the point of disbelief. The only reason I gave it two stars is because the book is not boring, nor is it overly long. You'll finish it in a day or two--but you'll be rolling your eyes the entire time!
Oh My! An amazing book! Action from the beginning to the end. It was a great relief when Hawk finally did what he wanted with Miranda since the day he took Scott and her off the train. I was a bit nervous, not gonna lie, that things wern't going to work out at first, but when Hawk to Miranda to the spring I knew it was all gonna go well. A great read, one that I couldn't put down. Well done Mrs.Brown, well done.
Juana Soto

I had read this a while ago and decided to reread it. It's as good or maybe even better than I remember. What can I say except that I fall in love with Hawk again and again. I love the characters and I especially love Randy stays with him on the reservation. It's a great story and I recommend it wholeheartedly!!!!
Donna
I wish there was a higher rating that five, because some of her books were way above the 5 * scale. This book was so great. It is one of those books you start and can't put down at all until the end and then you cry at the end because the story is over and you want it to go on...
Ron
Another one of Sandra Brown’s many romantic novels, with an inspired hostage theme. I found it an easy read with lots of inspiring moments; however, I also found the plot a little disturbing on an emotional level. Lots of heat and passion of many forms with in it’s pages.
comfort
Really liked this short Sandra B novel. Very contemporary even though it is "quite" old. Gotta love a hunky Indian (with a big member) who is not afraid to drink breast milk.... But there is so much more to this wild-west kidnap story. Well worth the time.,
Brittany
Horrible! Kidnapped woman is treated like garbage, he calls her a slut, insults her motherhood and subjects her to even more mental cruelty, ok, that's all to be expected...but wait.... she can't wait to "make a passionate love to him" what a joke!
  • Where There Is Evil
  • Friends and Lovers
  • Silken Savage
  • The English Doctor's Baby (Westerling, #3)
  • Fires of Paradise (Bragg Saga, #5)
  • Love in the Wind
  • Lelaki Dalam Ingatan
  • The Millionaire's Mistress
  • No Bone Unturned: The Adventures of a Top Smithsonian Forensic Scientist and the Legal Battle for America's Oldest Skeletons
  • Sweet Prairie Passion (Savage Destiny, #1)
  • Sarah's Child (Spencer-Nyle Co, #1)
  • The Night Wanderer: A Native Gothic Novel
  • Falcon Saga (Collector's (Bet Books))
  • Night Wind's Woman (Santa Fe Trilogy, #1)
  • Heaven's Fire (Fairfax Family #2)
  • Pernikahan Pura-Pura (A Mediterranean Marriage #5)
  • This Time Forever

Sandra Brown is the author of more than sixty New York Times bestsellers, including MEAN STREAK (2014), DEADLINE(2013), LOW PRESSURE (2012), LETHAL (2011), TOUGH CUSTOMER (2010), SMASH CUT (2009), & SMOKE SCREEN (2008).

Brown began her writing career in 1981 and since t
More about Sandra Brown...
Lethal The Alibi Mean Streak Ricochet Chill Factor