Start by marking “The Firebird Trilogy (#1-3)” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
The Firebird Trilogy

Kathy Tyers

The Firebird Trilogy (Firebird Omnibus, 1-3)

On the planet Netaia, extra heirs to royal families, deemed "wastlings" are expected to honorably commit suicide after the royal line has been established. Firebird, the third daughter of Netaia's queen, has doubts about whether or not this is what she is meant to do. Brennan is one of the most powerful of an ancient race called the Ehritans, who have psychic powers and ca ...more
Hardcover, Omnibus, 927 pages
Published 1999 by Bethany House (first published 1987)

To ask other readers questions about The Firebird Trilogy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Firebird Trilogy

Steve Trower
This is exactly the kind of book I would have liked to have written.

It's like a space opera, with this whole pre-Messianic society thing going on. Knowing that Tyers is a Star Wars novelist in her spare time, of course, it's hard not to see parallels - you might say the Force is strong in this book. But if you're prepared to see past what could be seen as derivative, there is a tale of spiritual awakening, inner conflict and a far-reaching destiny, woven into an action packed sci-fi adventure fu
Jen Reynolds
Jun 02, 2008 Jen Reynolds rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is one of my all time favorite trilogies. It's got action, romance and sci-fi. How can you go wrong?
Meggie
During Thanksgiving, my sister found an old copy of Kathy Tyers's Firebird trilogy, and skimmed through it. Being the good sister that I am, every time she put it down, I'd pick it up just to annoy her. In the process, I re-skimmed the books myself.

Some context: In middle school, I LOVED this trilogy. I read the general market version of the first one many many times, then the Christian market version of the second one a few times (which was very confusing--not only have names been changed and a
Jason Joyner
Jan 29, 2014 Jason Joyner rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This version collects books 1, 2, and 3 of the Firebird trilogy. Books 1 and 2 were definitely 5 stars. Book 3 would be more 4 to 4.5 stars. It lacked a little of the interest of the other two books. It is a very imaginative series that kept me enthralled, even in the midst of a trip to Europe. I gave my copy to my nephew, but I need to buy it to share with my boys, as they are getting old enough to read it.
Trice
a fun read and an interesting twist on prophecy combined with telepathy.
the romance was fun to read too, but I find I always regret the kind contained w/in this book - carries the emotions with it through a wild, thrilling ride, but in the end has not the depth of great lit
Terry Conrad
Feb 17, 2016 Terry Conrad rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this so many years ago. Found it still in my library and didn't even know it was a trilogy. Can't remember it but do know I really enjoyed it. Will reread in the future and purchase the other 2 in the trilogy.
Corina James
May 12, 2014 Corina James rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love Sci-fi and romance, so this book series was perfect. Probably one of my all time favorite series. I highly recommend reading these books.
Sarah Ashwood
Feb 03, 2015 Sarah Ashwood rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Not usually a big fan of Science Fiction, but I love this series. Have read it more than once. Almost everything by this author is great.
Nancy Duncan
Dec 31, 2014 Nancy Duncan rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book stays with you, long after the last page has been turned. It has it all, action, adventure, romance, Sci-fi, and faith!
Sean
Sep 25, 2007 Sean rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This edition contains the complete Firebird trilogy, a religious space opera by Kathy Tyers. It was a tad too smoochy for my tastes, particularly in the first volume--which I thought was weaker compared to the second and third. The religious aspect was a bit heavy-handed sometimes, but was generally much better than some I've read and occasionally inspiring.

My main gripe plot and character-wise is that the male protagonist, Brennan, is. . .to dang square-chinned perfect :P.

I'd recommend it to a
Bt
Mar 29, 2011 Bt rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: my friend Bug503
Probably more like 3.5 stars. Pretty good, although some of the political mechanisms are confusing. I read to the last book, although found the end of it unsatisfying. This series is kind of obscure; I believe I had to use interlibrary loan to get one or more of the books (there are three). I really liked how, at the beginning of each chapter, it told what would be happening if the whole book were a song (ex: majestic prelude at the beginning, grand pause at the climax). It was very unique and, ...more
Glory B!
Feb 27, 2007 Glory B! added it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: sci fi fans, Christians
I don't remember how I heard about these books. I do know that Kathy Tyers's "The Truce At Bakura" book was one of the first Star Wars books I'd ever read. But this isn't Star Wars. This is phenomenal sci fi with a hidden Christian "allegory" of sorts - but it can appeal to anyone, regardless of religion! Believe me; the two friends that have read it are atheist and agnostic. So there. Ummmm I'm horrible with plot; go find it on Amazon. Love these books.
Ban
Feb 25, 2010 Ban rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this book a lot. Aside from The Chronicals of Narnia - this was one of the first overtly Christian themed fantasy/sci fi books I've ever read. The writing was good - there was nothing that threw me out of the story - a VERY good thing. I felt for the characters and enjoyed exploring the world they lived in. It was very well developed. There were a few hoakey moments but they weren't annoying ... just hoakey.
Amberlee Bixler
Aug 02, 2011 Amberlee Bixler rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is science fiction written well, and shown in a Christian light. It's a miracle to behold and an absolute joy to read! The characters are human and complex, the story involving, engaging and thought-provoking. This is the perfect book to read when there seems to be only plastic stories of tentacles and violence filling one's sci-fi vision. Great, great, great book!
Brenda
Jul 27, 2012 Brenda rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christian-sci-fi
From the beginning of this book I was fully engrossed in the culture, feelings, and lives of the characters! I couldn't put it down until I read all three books. I love the developement of Firebird herself as she comes into her own life. The one that SHE wants, not the dictations of her family. Ms. Tyers is a wonderful author and I would love to read more of her books soon.
Roberta Brosius
Dec 06, 2013 Roberta Brosius rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Firebird fits into the category of books I re-read periodically. Firebird has more elements of great fiction than any ordinary book should have: Believable created world; Star Wars quality action scenes; compelling, complicated characters; scary bio-ethical and political themes; serious spirituality.
Allison
Even now that I'm not crazy-religious like I was in high school, I still love this book. This is about my 50th time reading it. All the adventure and wonderful ideas still captivate me. This is my go-to when I want to read an old favorite rather than breaking my brain with a new read.
Melanie
Aug 27, 2009 Melanie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved loved loved this book as a teen. Somehow it wasn't as good as I remembered. Still a very interesting plot and great main character. The 2 sequels suck, though, always have. They go in an entirely different direction and are even contradictory.
Marilyn
An interesting idea, a great sci-fi plot, an eager read. While reading it was enjoyable, especially the first book, it was incredibly cheesy in the bad way and I wouldn't read it again any time soon.
Niccole
I've never read a sci-fi book. This was recommended by Christina. It was a good and interesting read. It has a very Christian background. Something I never thought I'd see in a sci-fi.
Susie
This is one of my favorites. I wish Kathy Tyers would write more books. She's a good writer. Have to take a look at her Star Wars book sometime - never read any of those
Andrew Kennedy
Sep 15, 2013 Andrew Kennedy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read this long ago, but remember liking it immensely. The plot that paralleled the story of the Jewish people, set in the space-faring future was fascinating.
Tiffany
I remember reading this when I was young. I would very much like to re-find this book and read it now that I am older since it made such an impression on me back then.
Arya
Cute book! The beginning and ending were the best, with the ller in the middle being a bit to dry for my tastes, but still a good book- very interesting!
Catherine
Oct 30, 2010 Catherine rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is my all-time favorite book. It combines the thrill of science-fiction with the truth of Christianity. Just the right balance of romance and suspense.
James
Feb 28, 2007 James rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sci-fi, fiction
These were good books, lent to me by my dear friend Glory B!. I read them rather enjoyed them. The idea driving the plot was rather interesting.
Mary stiennon
Sep 29, 2007 Mary stiennon rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another beautiful romance. I loved the firstbook but I thought the otheres were just a shade depressing, but not too bad.
Jane
Mar 07, 2008 Jane rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Jane by: Jessie
Shelves: sci-fi-fantasy
The first book in the trilogy is really the best, although the other two are decent reads as well.
Dina Sleiman
Aug 29, 2009 Dina Sleiman rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Sci-fi fans
Shelves: favorites
I'm not a huge sci-fi fan, but I looove this trilogy.
Grace
Aug 13, 2008 Grace rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved it, but i'm a sucker for tahis kind of book.
  • Arena
  • Oxygen (Oxygen, #1)
  • The Siege of Dome (Empyrion, #2)
  • Beneath the Ice (Perry Sachs #2)
  • Maire (Fires of Gleannmara, #1)
  • Winter Is Past (Regency #2)
  • Walks The Fire (Prairie Winds, #1)
  • Dreamers (Legacies of the Ancient River #1)
  • Alex O'Donnell and the 40 CyberThieves (A Fairy Tale Retold #5)
  • Girl Gone Nova (Project Enterprise, #2)
  • Broken Angel (Caitlyn Brown, #1)
  • The Restorer's Son (The Sword of Lyric #2)
  • Outriders
  • A Star Curiously Singing
  • Hollywood Worldviews: Watching Films with Wisdom and Discernment
  • The Crystal Eye (LucasFilm's Alien Chronicles, #3)
  • The Secret of the Swamp King (The Wilderking Trilogy, #2)
111948
She is the first child of Dr. H.C. Moore, an accomplished dentist and jazz musician who had served during WWII as a test pilot, and Barbara Putnam Moore, flutist with several California orchestras.

Kathy attended Montana State University in Bozeman, where she received a degree in microbiology, married, performed widely on her flute, and then became certified as a K-12 classroom teacher. After teach
More about Kathy Tyers...

Firebird (3 books)
  • Firebird (Firebird, #1)
  • Fusion Fire (Firebird, #2)
  • Crown of Fire (Firebird, #3)