Riptide (CSI: Miami, Book 4)

Riptide (CSI: Miami #4)

3.77 of 5 stars 3.77  ·  rating details  ·  128 ratings  ·  10 reviews
Mass Market Paperback, 352 pages
Published July 25th 2006 by Pocket Star (first published January 1st 2006)

Denise
Gestaltung:
Dem üblichen Layout der Buchreihe nachempfunden, ist auch dieses Cover mit einem Bild in der Mitte versehen. Das Logo prangt, wie man es von der Serie her kennt, wie ein Wiedererkennungsmerkmal über diesem.

Im Roman selbst findet man leider keine gestalterischen Besonderheiten.

Meinung:
Der Autor versteht es den Leser in ein für CSI Miami typisches Szenario zu werfen und alle Elemente der Serie auf das Buch anzupassen!

Auch dieser Fall war sehr vielschichtig und ich liebe es wie eine Ermi...more
Michelle
May 13, 2008 Michelle rated it 5 of 5 stars Recommends it for: anyone that likes Forensics
I am currently reading CSI Miami: Riptide by Donn Cortez.

CSI Miami: Riptide
Donn Cortez
Mystery
343 pages

The Miami Dade Crime Lab is called in to examine the body of a young woman who has washed ashore on an island in Florida Bay. Lieutenant Horatio Caine is quick to identify the probable murder weapon: a shark dart used by the navy as part of an experimental program to kill enemy divers. However, during the autopsy, Doctor Alexx Woods finds that the true cause of death was drowning; the dart...more
Jennifer Wardrip
This is the first CSI: MIAMI title I've read by author Donn Cortez, and I truly enjoyed it. In my opinion, Mr. Cortez does a much better job than author Max Allan Collins at characterization and getting inside the minds of both the CSI players and the people involved in the particular case.

The plot line of RIPTIDE is strange but believable, with a perpetrator who is obsessed with a merman from an old film. The only thing that kept this book from being a 5-star read was the ending, which, althoug...more
Dark-Draco
This is the first CSI adventure I have read rather than watched and I really enjoyed it. The story had me hooked from the start (excuse the pun!!) and I read it in two sittings. The characters seemed really true to the ones on TV and I could imagine the story unfolding on the screen. Plenty of red herrings and just enough clues to keep you on the trail.
Char
This is a really good book, but I warn you it is kind of gruesome. I read it in 4 days over Spring Break and I loved it, It is about 350 pages or less, so it is pretty long, but it is good! After you read it you can watch some of the CSI (Crime Scene Investigation) Miami episodes!
Stacy
Sep 07, 2009 Stacy rated it 4 of 5 stars
Shelves: crime
Really fun read! Creature from the Black Lagoon fans will get a kick out of it. Just as good as any episode, but more "adult" - many of the scenes just couldn't be aired on tv.
Afsana
I enjoyed this as a light read though i think some of the dialogue between the characters are strange and maybe works better in the series then the books.
BookActivist
As always, I'm addicted to the TV show and the books! It's horrible !!! Had me on the edge of my seat the whole time.
Loree
Feb 06, 2011 Loree added it
very good 5 stars
Dina
Dina marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2014
Amber
Amber marked it as to-read
Mar 16, 2014
Sabine
Sabine added it
Mar 09, 2014
Xing Hui
Xing Hui marked it as to-read
Mar 04, 2014
Cat
Cat added it
Feb 24, 2014
Tysha
Tysha added it
Feb 09, 2014
Carissa
Carissa marked it as to-read
Apr 10, 2014
Taylor
Taylor marked it as to-read
Jan 22, 2014
Natasha Anthony
Natasha Anthony marked it as to-read
Dec 19, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
111933
Pseudonyms: Don DeBrandt & DD Barant

Donn Cortez is a pseudonym for Canadian author Don DeBrandt. Born in Saskatchewan, he currently lives in Vancouver, British Columbia. In addition to North America, his books have been published in Germany, France, Italy, and Russia. His influences include Spider Robinson and John D. MacDonald, among others.

He took a darker turn for The Closer, a hard-edged...more
More about Donn Cortez...
Cult Following (CSI: Miami, Book 3) Misgivings (CSI: Miami, Book 5) (Harm for the Holidays, Part I) Heart Attack (CSI: Miami, Book 6) (Harm for the Holidays, Part II) The Killing Jar (CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, #13) The Closer